Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Really makes one think, edition.

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=PjX70rRtM-g

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PjX70rRtM-g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let the shitposting flow

>tfw missed the limited edition of the AdMech codex
JUST

>missed a shit limited edition of a shit codex
Wow such a shame

>youtube.com/watch?v=PjX70rRtM-g

Lurk more.

REEEEEEEEEÈEEEEEEER
ADMECH STRONK REEEEEEEEEEEE

No.

>trying to make a vague effort to save the thread

Anyone had fun with any of the narrative missions in the mrb? What did you play? How did it go?

REMOVE TAUBAB REMOVE TAUBAB ADMECH STRONK

tfw no Tau codex this year

>Go to the facebook market, looking for some stuff
>A guy selling a 1500pt army with 3 riptide
>A guy selling and "army" made of of 6 BA stormravens with Dante. All propainted.
>A guy selling 60 Blue Horrors still in sprue, but he specifically say not the Brimstone

These things never fail to crack me up

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE TECH MINE MINE TECH REMOVE TAUBAB ADMECH STRONK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

anyone selling razorwings?

What's that encody thing Ibram Gaunt gets in First & Only? I forgot what they call it in 40k.

I believe it was a purple-ish color and that ment very high encryption.

No.

But, hey, there are plenty of scatterbikes and wave serpents for starting an Eldar army.
No infantry to put in those transports though. Weird.

Does anyone think that it is possible that GW will retcon Sanguinius' death into a girlyman style wounding in the HH novels considering they said that they are approaching the Siege of Terra?

[YouTube] Attack on Woah! (embed)

So what's a servitor? Is it like a mindless slave? A computer? Why do their heads always fry up whenever?

So I wanted decent sized force to assault up the table with my guard.
>banewolf with heavy flamer

>chimera with double heavy flamer containing...
>veteren squad with shotguns, meltas and a heavy flamer
>company/platoon commander with power fist and plasma pistol
>astropath

>chimera 2
>priest
>primaris psyker
>????

What do I put in there to fill space? command/special weapons squads?
Ogryns, wait they're shit, Bullgryns?

Can Servo-Skulls talk?

What makes him think the Brimstone horrors aren't getting the nerf bat soon?

I'm making a very long bus ride in a few weeks, and want to break my 40k novel cherry.

I'm torn between:
>Baneblade(no idea of quality, but baneblades are my favourite 40k anything)
>the prospero series
>the ahriman series
>caiphas Cain, hero of the imperium

which would be best, or would something else be better? I play DE and guard, and I'm building Sons. Ideally, I'd like to read something guard/Sons related, and I've heard gaunt's ghosts is hit or miss.

it's a heretic who's been lobotomized and had most of their body replaced with cybernetics to fill whatever role is needed.

Some of them can.

ACK ACK ACK! ACK ACK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What's everyone working on?
Right now I've got about ten alpha legionaries repainted and ready for detail work, with another 10 and terminators still in the process of getting their layers of wash

cute.

At this point, I wouldn't rule out anything from BL/GW, no matter how fuckwitted.

I didn't know it was possible to write ear rape

Just don't read Eisenhorn first because it will give you 200AD cyberpunk vibes and make you disappointed as fuck that GW keep forcing that life in a hive city is fucking terrible awful shit for everything and everyone under the very uppermost levels.

What's missing from 40k?

Female characters that are actually males

my queue at home is as such:
>special weapons guardsmen(built and primed)
>ahriman(blue and magenta parts painted, magenta just needs highlights, and I need to do the gold and silver parts still)
>magnus(still in box)
>chimaera(still in box)
>10 cadian infantry(still in box)
>chaos sorcerer terminator(still in box)

Cain

>not cute effeminate boys (famale)

Mercenaries/auxiliaries. A fair few people want a kroot codex, but I'd like to go further and get see a codex with rules for a range of "minor" races, with the codex specifying which are available to which major factions (e.g. some may be tau only, some may be available to almost everyone, or whatever).

The method to rid us of manbabies and autists

Well I'd imagine it would be more or less the same with Sanguinius except he was near death and after the batter with Horus, the Emperor did something to keep Sanguinius alive for long enough to get to Baal for stasis.

>wanting nobody left to play
what?

Kroot Mercs would be awesome, but they'd have to be appealing as a unit for them to actually show up. Right now they're just standard Infantry that is slightly better than most cannon fodder at melee, but not a dedicated melee unit.

I don't get it either.
We know GW is willing to nerf stuff now. Brimstone already got a huge nerf, if it isn't enough they are gonna do it again.

Now there are people spamming conscripts. Seriously, what are they expecting to happen?

Sandwich is going to be the Sandwichnor, this isn't remotely in doubt.

>Kroot codex
this desu

+ gue'vesa

For khorne berserkers should in use units of 8 for fluff or units of 10.

Then why is he so small and underwhemling rules wise, do you think they will change the model and rules?

how would you nerf conscripts?

I'm thinking either:

A: they get an ability like 'Disordered: This unit cannot receive Orders'
B: They are given a weapon that has the statline of a lasgun but is not a lasgun, so they don't get First Rank/Second Rank

> t. Person who doesn't know shit
No one has any idea where GW will take the story.

Planning for the new admech release.
Point reductions in the new codex mean it's actually 1200 points.

Ignore the -1CP as I'd put the culexus in the battalion detachment because obsec is for people who don't table their opponents.

Upgrade when they want to do his "Return", duh.

I'm thinking Commisars can't help with moral tests, but maybe that's too much?

>No one knows where they're talking the story
>In the era of marketing-driven story

that kills two units instead of one though. There's nothing wrong with commissars, just 50 squad conscript blobs dropping 200 shots in 12".

Commissars kill 2d6 Conscripts per fail.

They will need more than a bolt pistol though. Maybe a heavy bolter?

I meant only regarding conscripts so they are more like cultists are.

I would personally just take away the keyword.
They are conscripts, they are not yet indoctrinated and trained into the Regiments.

still working on this guy, it's taking forever but seeing it all come together is immensely satisfying.

More qt lesbians

>Pulse ordnance multi driver is the clear no brainer top weapon
>Railgun is the cool one

What do?

No orders and no Comissar morale

>What's missing from 40k?
Plastic Noise Marines

Whoah.

Really activates the almonds.

Playable Taghmata army list

Rule of cool my dude
so pick a cooler army :^)

Just imagine chaosified Kakophoni aestethic.
Plus melee options like the Plagues but with "elegant" weapons like glaives and scimitars.
My erection has an erection.

Yes
YES

Think I want a Chaos Terminator Lord for my DG, how big is the generic model for CSM? Could I use some Blightlords bits to nurglify him or is he a tiny manlet?

And then - sonic weapon terminators...
With stratagems...

These fatties, as well as converting 2 sets of pox-walkers to have some variance in poses, heads and armament.

I'm selling mine

Putting the culexus in the battalion means you lose canticles

Ah, I have a question to expand this, actually...
We know that Plague Marines are bigger than marinelets, but what about terminators?
How much bigger they are, in general, Blightlords and Deathshroud compared to normal Chaos Termies?

>reducing Emperor's Children to 'muh sonic'

I hope they don't do them now, cuz they'll ruin them like they ruined Death Guard.

It's in a seperate detachment so it's fine

First of all, you can add the culexus to the battalion detachment in battlescribe by going to "Edit Forces", clicking on the battalion detachment, clicking "Add" and then selecting the Assassins.
But I don't see why you would want that since your entire army would lose Canticles of the Omnissiah, take that into consideration.

>Ignore the -1CP as I'd put the culexus in the battalion detachment because obsec is for people who don't table their opponents.
reading is hard

>Putting the culexus in the battalion means you lose canticles

Eww. Looks like I'll include some scions or put him in the auxiliary then.

Sonic Soundblasters
Soundbass Rupturecannons
Noisemaster Soundmakers
Audiodrowner Soundlords
>this is the future you chose

Plague marines have like 5 special weapon options, versatile champions, bolters, and 5 melee weapons. Plus grenades.
The squads are a blast to build both in model and in listbuilding.
Sonic terminators, as implied above, would have EC weapons or even options for full melee.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I don't think they'll do that.

Both books and rules talk more about them being duellists than everything else.

Also, they still have Palatine Blades in 40k in the books. So awesome.

>sonic terminators

But I already play cooler armies! I just want an an elite force of all giant robots, most of whom fly is all.

My different armies appeal to different parts of my brain, and my Tau are the part with transformers nostalgia.

Have you gone a single thread without posting that picture?

Welcome to nu/tg/.

I actually stole it from someone else who was posting it here lots cuz I like it.

That pretty much sums up every single reaction image that's been posted in this general.

Depends. Some of them are lobotomized idiots only fit for whatever task they are meant to do. Others are the "interface" of the computer, sice they have to be at least part organic. In any case, is a really shitty job.
The problem with them is that they usually are made from the criminal, the insane and the retard, which is why when something fails they usually go batshit crazy

I wish reverse traps were more common (no homo)

Patrician taste right there.

>death guard
>ruined
Besides some silly names, you are objectively wrong and should seek repentance

Should I put magnets only in places circled in red or also somewhere else? Is there any point in magnetizing arms or legs?

Well let's try and fix that, everyone post you unused reaction images
shit I just realized all my 40k related reaction images are stolen from Veeky Forums

makes transportation easier.

If it's worth the effort and extra cash to be wysiwyg for you then sure

>that
>unused
You suck at this.

The designs are bad too though.

Fartmouth Stinkbrewer with his random tentacles and modelled fart gas is a joke. The lore is weak too.

Both shoulders, for missile pods
Not that much point in legs and arms since they are not much bigger than the base it just makes them more of a pain In the ass to set up for games.

The lore will be shit for 40k, no matter what.
For the names, thank chapter house.