Grand Alliance Order
>mega.nz/#!R3B0gDKK!BIBhguOGm-m9jH1q21mVLZk2nAprjj5WB8ijf2Hd2zQ
Grand Alliance Death
>mega.nz/#!tuZgzAxA!ojKhBr9LXuyrENb3a2WdLRZbUrudSUSu7yE1aWla530
Grand Alliance Chaos
>mega.nz/#!0jo3QKpS!BW0rOwEW-BcBp3pUmM9zIRZxWxf3rMxXza1k9ZH9rfU
Grand Alliance Destruction
>mega.nz/#!l2gXDCBR!zRhlaZgiSxjf4MtcgktFUxI8DUTEnSIsjrE3suMCusM

That's a terrible way to view it AND run a wargame.

I need a cheap to build and collect army for 1000pts games. Something that can be based on bigger boxes like start collecting or skirmish box. Right now I'm torn between
>Seraphon
cheap as fuck but I'm worried about knights and warriors kits quality
>BCW
really like models and lore but they are very hard to fit into 1000pts list. Don't want to buy boxes just to put half of models on the shelf
>Nurgle Daemons
cheap and easy to paint but I heard they are really boring to play
>Nighthaunt
probably the easiest faction to paint and their new box is a great way to build an army but they have nearly no lore background

Which one should I pick?

Warherd.

>The third post and someone is already shitposting

It isn't really shitposting. Warherd is only really viable at 1000 points where it actually does quite well. Plus, the Bloodfeast Gorgers is a quick and easy box that gets the army started. Buy 2, get a Doombull or two, and you're good to go.

>nighthaunt
>easy to paint

maybe if you want your army to look like shit

Are Soul Grinders any good??

yeah they're awesome, strictly better in khorne/tzeentch because battletraits and bloodsecrator but still cool

imo warherd, get a couple of the new box and then a doombull

What about Slaves to Darkness?
They are fairly easy to paint, great bundles and offer a great variety, since you can switch between 6 different allegiances if you wish so.

Corsairs look great for the new death allegiance, what would you Proxy them as

No this user but he is somehow right desu. I'm grateful that you wanted to recommend this faction but I actually listed one from each grand alliance because I'm sure I want one among them - I'm just not sure which one would fit my requirements best

Nothing, because there are no Death units that have a real nautical theme to them. I guess the closest would be a few hundred as Zombies with Corpse Cart boats.

See StD seem to be a neat faction but I would play them only if mixed with nurgle daemons so I think it's better to actually stick with mono daemons for synergy

Skeleton vikings? Just grab more axes and put meme horns on helmets

I really hope they release some like foot vampires for Soulblight some time. Would be amazing.

Proxy Dark Elf pirates as vampire pirates

use pheonix guard as foot pires

This looks like my kind of thread.

That would be great if they shared any sort of allegiance or, you know, was a unit.

>open play and narrative play don't exist

why are you even here

>two memes of a format played by children who make sounds effects when their cannons fire and when their musicians doot-doot

>Loremaster who has the same iconography and general look to Greatswords is of a different order then Greatswords who are Eldric counsel
did they hand classifications out randomly?

>who make sounds effects when their cannons fire and when their musicians doot-doot
If you don't do this you are an autist first order who has forgotten to have fun.

Are you retarded? Loremaster is Eldrich Council - same as Swordmasters

Wow I misread his labeling. I thought it said a completely different "Council" type.

I guess I didnt realize Welsh, tricorned, peg legged pirates were the only kind of pirates that exist.
Though aristocratic, powder-wigged vampire captains with literal skeleton crews would be awesome as fuck if GW could actually get off their lazy ass and make some.

>Welsh

Pirates are stereotypically from the west country, Devon and Cornwall, not Wales.

...You know, you aren't wrong. Might have to see about getting some skellington crews, use some spare Redcoat sprues I've got and see about doing something like that. Wonder what to use the rules for that, though. Deathrattle core with some Soublight assistance? Zombies with Corpse Cart Longboats?

Deathrattle seems like your best bet, yeah, though a Longship Coven Throne could be amusing.

Soulblight Flyers could be like valkyries

>vampire pirates

its literally nothing, just a repack of existing models with extra rules bloat for a shitty campaign that no one cares about.

>releasing new death when you can have new stormcast instead
Get a load of this guy

It's not fair.

>THEY DO NOT BELONG TO SIGMAR

So on the matter of Stormcast souls, who is in the wrong?

>Muh death wahhhhhhh
>gets new models, new rules a bunch of fucking focus
>Meanwhile Aelves have been completely untouched for years
Entitled shits.

If they wanted to fully flesh it out as a faction it'd be cool of it were mechanically akin to the KO release, with decayed wooden ships/boats borne aloft on spectral waves. Ferrying troops around and firing cannons.

At this point, I want Nagash to make Deathcast just to have something.

>gets new models, new rules a bunch of fucking focus

Fucking when have we gotten new models, and 'new rules,' you mean fucking FEC?

Yeah, Aelves got the short end of the stick too, but at least its not an ENTIRE GRAND ALLIANCE.

Ghostly skyships to rival those of the KO would be amusing.

>You mean those new models and new rules we got? That doesn't count!
really gets the old nogger joggin

...where do Valkyries fit in with "aristocratic, powder-wigged vampire captains with literal skeleton crews"?

Fair enough. A Wight King Captain, a Vampire Lord Captain, gajillions of skeletons with a heavy sprinkling of tricorn hats and doorags, and a gaudy Mortis Engine boat. I'd prefer it to the Coven Throne mostly just for the sake of the heal/wound ability. Wonder how best to distinguish Grave Guard from Skeleton Warriors, though. Obvious they'd have cutlasses instead of boarding pikes. The thing that always holds me back is the lack of any real ranged support. I guess since I'd just be generic Death though, I could still use some of the Tomb King ranged options like a catapult in the place of a cannon.

Pic related.

>implying that will actually happen
It'd be neat, but instead it's just a pair of rules and a single sentence of fluff.

There literally wasn't any new models in FEC, fuckwit. They were reboxes of old models.

Again, what new models?

I heard longships so was thinking Norse.

Don't listen to these schmucks, embrace your inner Machiavelli, embrace Tzeentch.

Ah, that was the other user. I was just talking about longboats, using during the Age of Sail as landing craft and for carrying boarding parties. Part of the reason I was almost considering Zombies over Skeletons, to have a reason to pump out a bunch of longboats. Pity that even a Mortis Engine would probably too big for even a small corvette. Maybe a cutter, though.

Sigmar is obviously in the wrong. They established a Pantheon yet Sigmar is stealing what rightfully belongs to Nagash

Did you know that some theories of Hashut claim that it's just an aspect of Tzeentch?

Can somebody please check my math?

I'm running a statistical analysis comparing Doomflayer Gauntlets and Shock Gauntlets assuming 3 stormfiends are wielding them.

3 Stormfiends wielding doomflayer guantlets make an average of 11.99 attacks leading to 7.99 hits and 5.33 wounds.
Factoring their rend to save values they cause (on average)
10.67 damage to 6+ saves
10.67 damage to 5+ saves
8.89 damage to 4+ saves
7.11 damage to 3+ saves
5.33 damage to 2+ saves
3.55 damage to 1+ saves

Where as shock gauntlets make 12 attacks and average 10.99 successful hits leading to 7.33 wounds, suffered wounds get really weird though

High rolling multiple exploding hits with the shock gauntlets skews the average up because I'm getting

16.67 damage to 6+ saves
13.89 damage to 5+ saves
11.11 damage to 4+ saves
8.33 damage to 3+ saves
5.55 damage to 2+ saves
2.78 damage to 1+ saves

I know there's an user on here running 3x Ratling, 3x Warpflame and 3x Doomflayer so I was wondering if he knew something I didn't because I'm certain that shock gauntlets are objectively better, and that's before you factor in +1 to hit buffs causing shock gauntlets to generate an average of 20 hits per 12 attacks (because 5+s will cause D6 hits instead of one hit) and then the shock gauntlets are just absurd.

Sadly, Tomb Kings can't get the trait else they'd be an interestion option

Oh, fuck, I'd completely forgotten to look at who can even get it. Just SB, DR, NH, and DM. So that even rules out the Corpse Carts and Zombies, too.

All sentience and all existence is an aspect of Tzeentch.

Sigmar and Nagash.
Souls are the provenance of the Chaos Gods.

Do orcs have souls? If so, who do they go to?

>this useless ass shit
>meanwhile Stormfags get to kill their enemies without even attacking

>he still didn't get AoS main purpose

About the current most predomominant topic, when will be realeased the so romured Deathrattle Battletome?

How's my list.
Lord of Change 300pts
Tzaangor Shaman 160pts

Marauders 10x 60pts
Marauders 10x 60pts
Marauders 10x 60pts
Marauders 10x 60pts

Skyfires 9x 600pts
Skyfires 9x 600pts
Skyfires 9x 600pts

As soon as the finally update those outdated Stormcast models. It's been at least two years so they need to update em.

That isn't rumored at all.

Hey you gits, can I get some thoughts on my list for a 1500 tournament?

Megaboss on Maw Krusha (General)
>-1 Rend Artifact
>D3 Inspiring Presence Trait

Moonclan Grot Shaman

Warchanter

10 'Ard Boyz
>Bravery Banner
>Drum

10 'Ard Boyz
>Bravery Banner
>Drum

10x Brutes with Gore Hackas
>2x Gore Choppas
>Boss with Claw

3x Gore Gruntas

1480/1500

It was not that long ago

Guess it was just fake then

Needs more skyfires.

Only a zoggin' grot would use a shooty thing instead of a choppa like a proppa ork.

But you aren't a orc/ork

>upset that models die
>doesn't even realize that order just shoves everyone off objectives, shoves people out of combat to 2v1 or 3v1 units
>shoves their way past chaff units

Dat's where you iz wrong, kiddo.

But I am right

Fucking Christ how is this even remotely ok

>playtested

it isn't, if anyone tries to use anvil battle trait against you tell them to eat your whole ass

Which one do you think would make the most viable High Aelve army?
Swift hawk, order Draconis or Eldric Counsel?

>Swift hawk, order Draconis or Eldric Counsel?
Neither.of them.

So then which one would you suggest?

play order, use swordmasters, wardens, spireguard, etc

just buy spire dawns until they go out of stock

>So then which one would you suggest?
Stormcasts

Seriously can you just get ranged banned already or fuck off?

For what?

For le ebin slavposting.

stormcast is objectively better than high elf though

Where?

But I don't want to play stormcast if I fucking wanted to play stormcast I would ask hey what Stormcast units should I buy but I fucking didn't so lol buy stormcast doesn't help me nor does it advance the conversation, its just shitposting because you fag is still butthurt about stormcast.

ok well listen to me, buy spire dawn until you go broke

>But I don't want to play stormcast
Then wait for aelves army

I mean I plan to but I also find some of the other theme'd factions pretty cool. I guess they are just straight up not worth using or no ones played with them at all.

I wish silver helms were still around. Like to buy.

they're not factions dude

they're parts of an army from whfb which now is nothing

the mini-sub-faction meme is actual garbage

>Don't listen to these schmucks, embrace your inner Machiavelli, embrace Tzeentch.
That. Lord of Change + Start Collecting.

what the fugg why are there two general threads?

Anybody got an idea on how to make Tzeentch Viable in Skirmish?

max acolytes

Then play Wanderers. Or Stormcast.

I will find you.

You'd have an easier time finding me if you had a very good movement gimmick for outflanking/deepstriking. Y'know. Like the Wanderer allegiance gives you! Also available with a superior Stormcast army.

Gorkamorka

Swift hawk. Skycutters are pretty good.
Check out Warhammer weekly for a list.

Whatever you are lacking you can always ally the other elves in.

Why them?

classic mordheim strategy, roll more dice = more chances to succeeed

Wales was a common pirate home as well, since most cities are coastal.