/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

End of Black Library Heresy soon™

Previous thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Legio-Custodes-Aquilon-Terminators-with-Infernus-Firepikes-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Black Library series ends soon
>Angelus won't be finished until 2020
>by the time HH catches up with 8th edition, 9th edition will already be out

SUFFERING

>Black Library series ends soon
And ending will be cancerous as fuck.

Give it a rest mate. This whole
>Sanguinius is going to be retconned back to life
memeing is annoying. The Emperor letting Horus beat him to death out of sentimentality was always retarded so I'm glad they're changing things.

Reposting the primarchs' post-Crusade roles:

I: monster hunter and token autist
II: The psychologist/bartender that kept the others in good spirits
III: did a great job improving Chemos - plenty of worlds like that to work on
IV: Leonardo da Vinci in M31, plus bad temper
V: Who better to explore the Webway?
VI: Keeps the other primarchs in line
VII: Prepare for extragalactic invaders
VIII: Boogeyman to keep planetary governors in line
IX: The mascot for public consumption
X: Training the reserve
XI: Probably important in keeping humanity curious and inventive
XII: Eh... put him in stasis until crisis time
XIII: Should be forced to be a high lord of Terra
XIV: Also a forward explorer, can go into dangerous places
XV: Sit on Golden Throne, keep Webway working
XVI: Public relations, oversees mass-migrations ordered by XIII
XVII: Minister of propaganda
XVIII: R&D
XIX: Naysayer telling Emps when he's gone too far with the oppression
XX: Secret police

I see. Got to admit, I lack experience playing games.

Gal Vorbak are possibly the coolest special unit, but they don't synergise well with neither Lorgar nor Layak due to the lack of the LA rule.

I for one don't care, after snorting so much FW resin.

Fuck it, put Curze in stasis too, just to be sure.

Fine with me. He'd probably agree too, shouting that it vindicates him as he goes under.

Though once they're in the Webway, he migth be useful because he can kinda relate to the Dark Eldar.

>Russ keeping anyone in line
None of the primarchs respected him and pre OP forgeworld rules he was an average tier fighter

>Public relations, oversees mass-migrations ordered by XIII

You dont know why Horus betrayed the golden corpse,do you?

Just finished constructing a squad of Worl Eater despoilers. Repositioning Calthmarine arms is suffering, but worth it.

In what numbers do you guys field special and heavy weapons/iron havoc squads?

5 seems too small,10 is pretty expensive but seems worth it in the long run.

Looks legit. Nice.

5 melta-vets in a drop pod is often enough to destroy a tank.

Small heavy support squads are fine too, unless you can dedicate another unit to protecting them from assaults (Siege Tyrants are good for this because they're shooty but still good at close combat.)

Wow previous general died after less than 2 days.
HHG LIVES!!!

>not taking Angron and Curze out back and force-feeding them a lead pill

Because the plot demanded it? His start of darkness makes no sense.

>makes no sense
Jealousy, pride, and fear that got exacerbated by the corrupting influence of Chaos makes perfect sense, what are you talking about?

I think he is reffering to Black Library Version.
>Lol, look emprah is evil, kill him and became good emperor.
Erebus
>Don't listen to him he is retarded.
Magnus
>Lol kill the emprah I'm chaos now
Horus

So... any predictions on Angelus release date ?

Christmas 2018

>I: monster hunter and token autist
Not much use once the Imperium has cleansed the galaxy of monsters

>III: did a great job improving Chemos - plenty of worlds like that to work on
So primarchs ruling over humanity? Seems like the opposite of what the emperor claimed his goals were.

>IV: Leonardo da Vinci in M31, plus bad temper
Wow it must really suck to be Perturabo, even if the emperor won he wouldn't have let him build cities and palaces and locked him in a room to build robots forever.

>V: Who better to explore the Webway?
Don't see why you need a primarch for that job.

>VI: Keeps the other primarchs in line
He was really crappy at that job. Also if they need to be kept in line so badly why not just dispose of them?

>VII: Prepare for extragalactic invaders
As Perturabo slaves away in his cell building robots Dorn gets to live Perturabo's dream of building glorious complex fortresses and cities.

>VIII: Boogeyman to keep planetary governors in line
Too bad he was horrifically unstable and nobody in the galaxy liked him

>IX: The mascot for public consumption
Seems like a dumb reason to keep an entire legion of super soldiers around, especially when you have Curze and his legion flaying people alive.

>X: Training the reserve
>Iron Hands are tasked with training humans
>Kill 80% of them
Out of all the legions the Iron Hands were the legion that was the most actively assholish.

>XII: Eh... put him in stasis until crisis time
So forever.

>XIII: Should be forced to be a high lord of Terra
See III

>XIV: Also a forward explorer, can go into dangerous places
I mean not really. Literally the only primarch shown succumbing to fumes was Morty on his homeworld when trying to reach his dad.

>XV: Sit on Golden Throne, keep Webway working
Why not cut off his arms and legs so he doesn't decide to leave? Or maybe trap him in a dream so he never gets bored.

>XVI: Public relations, oversees mass-migrations ordered by XIII
There is zero reason you need space marines much less a primarch to do this.

>XVII: Minister of propaganda

>XVIII: R&D
I don't think Vulkan ever invented anything. He was a smith but only Ferrus and Perturabo actually invented crap.

>XIX: Naysayer telling Emps when he's gone too far with the oppression
Has he ever been shown to speak out against the Emperor's numerous atrocities?

>XX: Secret police

Not to mention that for all the "go lead or organize a planet or manage propaganda" primarchs it raises the question of what to do with the 100,000+ super soldiers who now have nothing to do.

Would a Volkite Carronade, or more likely a twinlinked one mounted to the elbow and shoulder assembly of an Inferno Cannon work as a Warhound Titan gun? I find I like the idea of Titanic Choom and it would count-as pretty much any of the normal Titan guns. Miranda Irene sells just the Glaive Turret, so I guess I turn the actual armour dome into some bunkers or similar.

>Why not cut off his arms and legs so he doesn't decide to leave? Or maybe trap him in a dream so he never gets bored.

People keep assuming he is just going to sit on a chair 24/7. I imagine the Emperor will trade places with him occasionally to give him a break and that they would be performing joint research on reshaping and constructing new pathways in the Webway..

Or he could just trap him in an illusion since the emperor's time is more important than Magnus'.

Any fellow primarch fangirls here? I desperately need new friends and fangirls I meet anywhere else are pretty much guaranteed to be insufferable.

girls actually like this shit?

>curzefag
>a girl
ha

Not many, but yes. I've seen others besides myself around the internet.

lotta plasticard to go. All that brown plus the back wall needs to be covered, then the rubble has to go down, then it's gotta get sanded and the large tiles need to be cut.

>girls

They weren't born girls, so that would explain it. Gays love hairy men after all.

noice

wasn't referring to curzefag specifically you dimmadoofus.

kinda surpsied desu.

Russ, Angron, and Pert are the only hairy ones! The rest only have body hair where it's sexy!

>The rest only have body hair where it's sexy

So no body hair at all?

>not liking shaved balls and ass

of any Primarch I would've guessed Fulgrim to be smooth everywhere.

>he can't appreciate a good treasure trail
What are you, gay?

>End of Black Library Heresy soon™

All those years.
All those tweests.

>dimmadoofus
dude what the fuck thats so rude

His greatest victory was beating the galaxy's premier book nerd.

I cannot wait for the shitstorm when the retcons hit.

Magnus did nothing wrong.

Is it weird to think that the Night Lords would like working with a Cadre of SoS because of how naturally unnerved people are around them?

Magnus would probably love being plugged into a psychic amplifier that physically hurt but allowed his mind to explore the universe while he managed Webway portals.

He would have loved being considered the 2nd or 3rd most important person in the entire Imperium.

He would have loved Daddy's attention at all

Nice work.

Tzeentch showed Magnus his future if he allowed Russ to take him back alive. Magnus was put on the throne and his body was a desiccated husk that's suffering tremendous pain. This was going to be his fate for eternity.

What's this?

>2017
>still trusting what the Chaos gods show you

I'm sure Tzeentch told Magnus the part where he gets DDT'd by fucking Guilliman

Which HH book has some detailed information on the Legio Cybernetica?

>detailed information
None of them really. You can read most of it on lexicanum since they pretty much just copy paste the fluff sections.

Alright, thanks user.

And as we all know, the Chaos Gods always speak the exact truth all the time.

Give me ONE example of Tzeentch lying. You can't.

>hey Magnus, go ahead and broke those wards, the Emperor really needs to hear about this betrayal
>hey DA, just bomb Fenris, the SW are totally lost

forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Legio-Custodes-Aquilon-Terminators-with-Infernus-Firepikes-2017

> Power Talons

Boooooo

Does anybody know if you're allowed to take a phoenix spear and power fist on your praetor? Or not because its two-handed?

Why would anyone run the reaping when it's so limited in speed? What am I missing

those are some real dirty boys

Yeah I think you can but I don't see why you'd want to over a paragon blade.

>Have more than 100 painted Custodes now

What the Fuck am I doing

The Emperor's work

>tfw you don't even play Custodes but you don't want to sell any of it

>Play Thousand Sons
>have 10 Custodes and a Corona carrier
I-it's so my space wizards can beat them up.

This. You save 5 points for 1 less attack and no AP 2 at initiative unless you get the charge.

What fucks me up is that I had twelve fucking games with my Custodes army before 8th hit and none after. I've been using my Sentinels, Guardians, and Dreads but nothing more for 8th Edition use, so it kills me. I'm at the point where I may just run the Telemon as a Leviathan just so it gets some use.

Now I'm waiting on the Terminators to arrive and I guarantee you it's going to be a minimum of months before they get a game in.

You poor bastard. At least you have 700 points of fun right there. Buy a model for your Captain/Tribune and L O L 1000 points ready to go.

> Running a Tribune at 1000pts
You sick son of a bitch

So how long before a Custodes character on a bike or in Terminator armor?

Shit seems needed.

>He's spending over a quarter of his points on a single infantry model
Yeah I wouldn't care, just don't expect me to field my own death star and throw it at him at 1000 points.

I've started with a SoH force and I've been working on a list with the things I have at the moment. It's mostly meant for friendly games. Any tips on what to change or something that seems reduntant?

2000 points, Sons of Horus, Orbital Assault.

HQ - 352 pts
Praetor: The Cataphractii Primus, Mastercrafted Chainfist, Combi-Melta, Digital Lasers, Grenade Harness - 212pts

Maloghurst the Twisted - 140pts

ELITES 875 pts
Justaerin Terminator Squad: 5 men, 3x Pair of Lightning Claws, Multi-Melta, 2x Chainfists - 345pts

TROOPS 1175 pts
Veteran Squad: 5 men, 4x Combi-Meltas, Melta Bombs, Nuincio-Vox, Vexilla, Heavy bolter with suspensor-web, Artificer Armour & Power fist for sarge, Marksmen tactics - 230 pts
Meant to either deepstrike on some sort of cover in the enemy half of the board and act as a beacon, or to try to alpha strike an enemy vehicle and then be a general nuisance.

Reaver Attack Squad: 14x men, Volite chargers, Jump Packs, Chainaxes, Power Fist, Artificer Armour & Meltabomb on sarge - 461 pts

Reaver Attack Squad: 15x men, Volite chargers, Jump Packs, Chainaxes, Power Fist, Artificer Armour & Meltabomb on sarge - 484 pts

FAST ATTACK 100 pts
Dreadclaw - 100 pts

These dudes are pretty cheap compared to other horde units, and I'd like to use 'em in 30k.

Would it be best to run them in a Militia/Cults or Mechanicum list?

While the ghouls would work really well with the Tainted Flesh provenance, the rest of the army list is pretty dull. They'd have a bit less of a place in a Mechanicum list, but I they'd look great next to the vaguely skeletal looking Mechanicum tanks and support units.

Tribunes require 2000 point minimum

Seems reasonable, I would consider changing the vets. Drop the heavy bolter, power fist and artificer armour, buy another combi-melta and change their tactics to machine killer.

The heavy bolter is a waste in an anti-tank squad and with only five guys they will be dead before they do anything useful in close combat anyway. With all those meltas and machine killer they will put a heavy dent in most things they land next to.

Work best as Tainted Flesh militia, would require a lot of work to make them fit a mechanicum army.

Sounds like a good idea. Might even be able to scratch the paint on a spartan with the squad then

My favorite is the guy all the way on the left with blood on his codpiece.

If you can't dodge it, ram it.

Cults would work well, tainted flesh, abhuman helots, and whatever the +1S/I one is in some combination.

In fairness, how many ID/S10 attacks are you likely to see at 1000pts? Shield Captain should be perfectly horrible by himself.

Valdor is a lot of fun too. The guy kills almost everything he touches but isn't tough as hell like the Shield Captain and his fucking wargear. combo.

The fact that Valdor, 10 Guardians, and a Coronus; all with minor upgrades; is 1000 points? Absolutely hilarious and shows you just how expensive Custodes can be.

You could take 12 Custodes with big upgrades and Valdor for the same cost.

God bless this insane game.

Yeah, just saw that myself.
Really disappointed with the talons. They're kinda lame.
I was hoping for talons like the old art, with long, bird-like claws as the fingers.

At least it won't be hard to use these as power fists since you just don't need to glue on the claws.

Just sharpen Cataphractii claws

>Out of all the legions the Iron Hands were the legion that was the most actively assholish.
Do you mean Iron Warriors, or did I miss something? Ferrus always seemed like a bro.

Do you like hiking ? Do you like hiking with 8 years old disabled children ? Do you vaguely mind if they fall down out of exhaustion but keep hiking anyway ?

If you do, you are basically Ferrus Manus.

They saw anyone who couldn't keep up as weak so they saw normal humans as weak while overlooking that they lacked all the super science and extra organs that made space marines what they are.

In one of the short stories they are on a desert planet with some human auxiliaries and the humans are all dying of thirst and being dehydrated and the Iron Hands just scoff and call them weak.

Then some eldar magic happens which makes all their bionics fuck up so one guy who has minimal augmentations removes his bionic hand and lead the human forces to fuck up the eldar.

They still think the humans are weak and Ferrus says that the guy should be punished for removing his bionic.

They are all super dicks, although Ferrus didn't deserve his fate.

>and Ferrus says that the guy should be punished for removing his bionic.
Sounds like some good old BL skub to me.

Was this in a BL book?

It's feat of iron from the primarchs anthology. I was mistaken in that in the end the iron hands accept that the flesh isn't totally weak, Ferrus does still want to punish that one guy though.

I think they look cool, but in the "that's what lightning claws should look like" kinda way.

Must have been old stuff. FW entry goes out of its way to show that Ferrus openly disliked the Iron Hands adopting bionics to be closer to their genefather, but still allowed it because he believed in free will. The point of the march on Istvaan V was that the Iron Hands of then were far more passionate and humane than the Iron Hands of now.

Yeah Feat of Iron is from 2012, FW Ferrus is cooler.

The Iron Hands were just ready for the whole galaxy to go full Grimdark

desu...
FW entrys seem to contradict a lot of stuff
>Tsons, one of the smallest legions by a large margin
>Actually there were like 80,000

They used to be like 800 in the old fluff if I'm remembering correctly, so many of those changes were direly need.

>Anvil Industry Chainaxes
My man. Can't wait for them to release their updated primaris sized kits and bionics

nice

Thats because ATS was written before the legions were made excessively larger. Then they never got another book about it until much later.

Inferno puts the TSons on the smaller side of the legions at the beginning of the HH anyway.

used to be, oh , i dunno, maybe A THOUSAND.

Hence the name.

I do like them having at least 50k legionaries though