Necrodance if you want to edition

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ianTgR5X4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no question
What is your favorite style of horn, /pfg/? Do you use different styles to evoke a certain tone or concept?

How do I into encounter and dungeon design? I want to have cool places and things for my players to see.

What if I won't necrodance?
Well? If I won't necrodance?

No fuckin idea. It's why I'll run Shadowrun, Apocalypse World, WoD, etc before ever thinking about running any DnD - since enemies don't necessarily have stats like the PCs (classes, feats, etc), you have to scour bestiaries for enemies and I'm not about that. I'll stick with playing, thank you very much.

Read through a shitton of modules and steal whatever looks like fun.

Look up the Five Room Dungeon or Alexandrian node based design.

I play full casters, so yes. Sandbagging like a motherfucker.

"guys, come help me, I don't have anything for this encounter"
*next encounter*
"alright, I'm going to cast these 3 spells and the enemies are practically finished. Have fun boys"

Reskin shit. Fiddle with abilities, swap stuff between monsters of similar CRs
The PCs never have to know that the ice worm was just a reskinned Bullete, or that the necromantic bonedust golem was just a Troll with the vampire template, or whatever other crazy shit you want to make.

What's /pfg/'s opinion on Strange Aeons?

Really fucking shit.

it's really, really average to below average

Written well, but there's a slight problem with character creation which is what most people who hate it latch onto.

I'm a fan of the curling ram horn, personally.

Front-pointing bullhorns.

The whole "You don't actually know who your character is"?

2-10 years. Don't make a teen character and you might get to actually write that backstory of yours.

What monster type do you hate the most and why is it fucking robots?

Nah, Robots are cool. Fuck Outsiders.

Bullshit resistances. Bullshit abilities that make no thematic sense. And universally shitty fluff, but people will look at your cross eyed when you say you're going to remove every fucking trace of them from the setting.

Then you're no friend of mine!

Are you the user that wanted to get rid of aasimars because souls or whatever, and everybody flipped the fuck out?

Robots are cool enemies but they are the fucking worst the fight. They never do anything that provokes attack of opportunity due to integrated weapon rules, they have hardness which is also god fucking damned resistance on top of being dr WHICH STACKS WITH BOTH their force fields effectively double some of their health points AND you never get jackshit from them. Worst of all they are designed to be blaster friendly only, so unless you are a martial with adamantine weapons or an evocation wizard with nothing but shock spells you are shit out of luck if you want to cast spells on the fuckers.

No, but I was agreeing with him. At least on his right to remove them from the setting and set his own fluff.

Yeah. I thought his reasoning was weak lore-wise, but if you don't like them, take them out.

Nobody thought it was dumb to say no aasimar, like whatever, if you don't want aasimar no aasimar

We made fun of him because his lore reasoning was absolutely fucking insane, shit about how outsiders dont have souls and aasimar were some fusion of an outsider and a human so since they didn't have souls or lost all their souls their 'hosts' got all warped and shit which makes no fucking sense in the cosmology of pathfinder and his lore was baaad

>makes no fucking sense in the cosmology of pathfinder
Just as retarded as that user, because wtf does the cosmology of "pathfinder" (I assume you mean Golarion) have anything to do with a custom homebrew setting?

That's a really broad question, buddy. Can you be more specific?

When I build dungeons I try to keep several things in mind. You gotta think about how the dungeon you're making fits into the world (ex: this dungeon is the tomb of an ancient warlord), how your players are going to know how it fits into the world (ex: the tomb is full of statues and monuments displaying the warlord's deeds), what kind of creatures should be in the dungeon (ex: the undead warriors who gave their lives to forever guard his tomb), how the PCs are LIKELY to proceed (no example here, learning how to gate and guide your PCs is at once simple and complicated since there are general tricks but individual players have their own quirks), and lots of other fiddly little details like what purpose individual rooms serve, nailing the "atmosphere", encounter design (a whole 'other game you have to learn), and how to choose your scale.

I love designing dungeons, it can really be a labor of love and if you put enough work into it I think it really shows. There's no single place where you should start from every time, because you might be making a dungeon to fit a cool idea you had, to be the lair of a specific person, as a set-piece of the world, to be a whole adventure unto itself, to fill a necessary space in the plot, or other reasons, and all of those possibilities inform you of how you should be starting the dungeon design process before you've even put a pencil to a blank grid map.

Souls are souls mang, if your gods are golarion gods, it should all work teh fuckin same

I remember it was consistent, it's just he was fundamentally changing what being an outsider means. Since it's homebrew setting the cosmology, might not be the same.

When did he ever mention Golarion gods?

i don't fuckin remember it was months ago but he was dumb

Ah, so you're making shit up to be relevant. Cool.

always senpai

Duke's Coin apps close almost right now!

Who do you think is getting in?

Inb4 nobody cares

nobody cares

A bunch of weebs, a dick delivery system, a loli, a boring knight, some app with a gun, and a big titted app.

I bet it's gunna be a party full of burly, war ready men...and maybe one token moe.

I forget, did anybody apply as that one nazi loli domme with the crazy eyes?

No, no one did. It was a missed opportunity.

Well, that's WW1.

Still would have gotten in for free.

youtube.com/watch?v=4ianTgR5X4E

Anyway, picks are happening currently. Just got to get these LAZY FUCKERS to respond.

Wah. I guess it doesn't matter now, but your setting thread is being overrun by a retard.

You know how memers are. They will always meme.

Has a single game that was birthed in these foetid halls ever select a party that did not include at least one woman with large breasts?

Who gives a shit, it's a voice game.

Two retards now. Jesus, you can't make this shit up.

I mean I didn't count that one dumbass who can't read.

>Want to run a game
>"Write what you know"
>Don't know a ton of fantasy stuff
Still worth running pathfinder?

If you enjoy the system, sure.

God anime is just awful

We either nuked them too much, or not enough.

Who gives a shit? Now, Iron Gods and Flesh Desires. That's a game worth talking about.

Who do you reckon is getting in, anons?

>Who do you reckon is getting in, anons?

Well, I want to be getting in a few of those characters, if you know what I'm saying.

Whoever is the most rapable.

Given Argentum's record, only his friends.

Every single female app in that game has a dick.

>worth talking about

... Seriously?

Yep.

Two out of the 10 or so are futas. Granted one is an android so that mod probably isn't hard, and some don't have sheets linked yet, so can't be certain.

So, not every female app is a futa.

Alright I'll actually do this celestial being in golarion game if I can come up with a name

Pitch me nerds.

How lewd are we talking, senpai?

What's the pitch again?

there's like 5 with sheets up and 3 of them are futa

Holy Divers

Peace Walkers

Zero
Gundam 00 but set in golarion
YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA

>Alright I'll actually do this celestial being in golarion game if I can come up with a name

Pitch the game and we'll pitch a name, you dork.

Is counting hard for you?
Females: Joule, Raven, Lyndis, Anna, Maylin, Martina
Futa: Harmonia, Amalokla

Five people without sheets, so who the fuck knows.

Outer Heaven.

PLD :^)

WE'RE GOING TO MAKE THEM GIVE US BACK OUR PAST

If things don't go 100% how you want them, will you sperg out like a fag?

Plastered Lazy Divines

of course man, clearly

I'm not joking. You do that shit all the time.

New Testament of Creation

>well over an hour beyond end time
>still no pm

All hope is lost

?

Just believe. There's still a second game!

Fereshte.

what are you on about dude

It's probably some epik discord leakfag fighting against the tyranny that he's in a server with still for some reason.

probably

more like fereshitty haha amirite

Krung Thep then.

were you fags not around for the "joke character" tantrum

or the "TPK" tantrum

Who do you think CBanon is?

I write to you in my time of need, /pfg/. I need inspiration, some kind of idea for a shorter game.

Well i mean, any story can be told in a 'shorter', generally if you cut down an arc from most APs or whatever they work as an independant story.

I'm not that guy but CBanon is Broodie

I mean they have their ups and downs as a person but they're also a solid GM from what I've heard.

I don't remember any 'tantrums' so clearly that person is on some vendetta shit, I wonder who it is.

Fair enough. I'm just running short on ideas for what I wanna do next.

we all do from time to time man
realistically most of Paizo's modules are actually really good

>I wonder who it is
Yeah, I wonder.

honestly i'm not sure what i'm supposed to take from this, so many potential meanings...

But probably Vult, yeah.

Sorry I got upset that people called a character of mine a 'joke', what of it.
Sorry I got TPK'd in the first fight of a game and laughed about it in the thread? The game goes on, nobody cares.

So, feel like a need a few random events for my skyworld campaign.

PCs are sky-pirates. They've got the setting's main plot hooked. This involves shards of pretty much pure, crystallized magic. They're aware that others are searching for these, and are debating if they want to sell them to an NPC who has put out a standing bounty for them. And several events surround that plot, including another shrine for them to plunder.

They want guns in the setting, (Personally, against, but they're very much wanting them, and I'm a reward generous but combat brutal GM.) so next session dropping rumors about how the folks who research such things end up dead leading into a psudo-illuminati who have advanced guns on one of the other continents. Depending on how that goes, they could walk away with up to 4 rifles and revolvers... or far more with a MUCH higher chance of TPK.

But, I'm at a loss for little one offs.