Scions in 8ed

Scions in 8ed.
Yes or no?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Stormtrooper_Company_Creation_Tables
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are stupid good.

Without a doubt.

thinking about picking up the "start collecting" box tomorrow, should I?

As a first Imp guard collector btw.

Absolutely

awesome.

Their start collecting box is awesome value.

Yes absolutely. Get the start collecting for them. If I were you, I would get 1 Astra Militarum SC, 1 Scion SC and 1 squad of Bullgryn.

Then you can make a solid 750 point list with this. It basically looks something like

HQ
Tank Commander, Battle Cannon, Lascannon, Heavy Bolters
Commissar Lord with Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon (Rides in Taurox with Bullgryn)
Commander with Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon (Stays with Infantry Squad)

Elite
3 Bullgryn with Power Maul and Slabshield in a Taurox

Troops
5 Scions with 2 Plasma
5 Scions with 2 Melta
Infantry Squad with Grenade Launcher and Missile Launcher

It's around 730 points, so add some other stuff if you want. That is a Battalion detachment, so you get 3 Command Points.

Basically you end up with a squad of 10 infantry plus a heavy weapons team, so you have 2 spare models. You can use spare parts from the Scion SC box to make a Guard Commander out of the spare 2 Infantry models.

Also with the spare Scion parts, you could actually make a count as Psyker dude too if you wanted. That might be a nice addition to ride in the Taurox instead of the Commissar. That way you can give the Pysker the Barrier power and he can give the Bullgryn a 1+ armor save or 3++ save if you use the Bruteshields. He also is a good way to add in Smite and deny psychic powers.

I usually play 1000ish points. I mainly play CSM.
But I'm looking for an Imperial army to collect on the side.
One which can take psykers but are not space marines. I'd like some input from some more experienced AM/IG players.

Unfortunatly I'm on somewhat on a student budget. (With a lot of old stuff to sell to finance new projects)
I already have a standard russ and a scout sentinel (which are like 10-15 years old, from the old catachan box set which cost like 60-80 bucks back in the day)
Will be most likely getting the Scions SC box tomorrow.

I'm thinking about eventually getting an extra box SC Scions box(selling the extra commissar). to make a squad of 10+5 standard scions and and 4 elite squad with plasma and include an inquisitor and maybe a squad of ratlings in the mix.

Tactic would be to drop the 4 plasma(or 3 + vox) command dudes, murder stuff with plasma and reroll order, maybe drop the 5 squad with 2 meltas if needed(or keep them in cover with 2 hotshot volley guns), snipe force multiplies with ratlings, provide support with 2 taurox prime and a russ, use scout sentinel with lascanon to snipe armour. And using the 10(or 5+5) squad of scions, a tempestus prime, one comissar and an inquisitor as the brunt force.
Thoughts?

well they look cool. so why not.

ive for the AM and MT starters as well
but instead of bullgryns, I have a third squad of scions and a chimera

Maybe I will go
HQ
tank commander
tempestor prime

elite
scion command squad in deep strike

troops
scion squad (5) with taurox prime
infantry squad with autocannon

fast
bane wolf

to simplyfy reading:

HQ:
Psyker Inquisitor
Tempestor prime w/ command rod

Elite
Sicon command squad (4 plasma or 3+1 vox) in deep strike.

Troop
10 with 4 whatever specials
5 with hotshot volley (or melta in deep strike)

Transport:
2 taurox prime

Fast Attack:
Scout sentinel with lascannon.

Heavy support:
1 standard russ.

they are one of the most efficient units in the game.

GW will probably nerf the fuck out of them when the new IG codex drops.

>Scions in Bed
Aww yee-
>8ed
Fuck.

Start an R&H army using the FW index then so you can bring them with your CSM for bigger games or vice versa

Scions are insanely good. A dude at my shop has a 2000 point list he made using nothing but SC! boxes that just owns on the tabletop.

both are good. they are essentially the meathead flunkies of the Schola Progenciam.

>yes or no

Yes. And don't forget to personalize them
>1d4chan.org/wiki/Stormtrooper_Company_Creation_Tables

>grenadiers
i just love that option, i really wish they went with that for normal scions instead of the raised from birth one

Mines will be the royal men at arms from my knight house, I think it's a good fit considering their medieval themed armors

>using bullgryn
>any year since 1995 when they were actually good for a short period of time as Ogryn

Also that list is way too light on infantry, you're going to get shot off the board way too fast. Instead of bullgryn, get a few more infantry squads and some Mortar Heavy Weapon Teams

>He doesn't use Bullgryn in 2017
It's like you're both not fun and gay. Bullgryn are great this edition. They aren't as powerful as Scion spam, artillery spam and Conscript spam, but they are strong and will make people want to play against you.