Critical Role Ep 112: "Thar Amphala Revisited"

A WILD ASHLEY APPEARS EDITION
>geekandsundry.com/twitch/

>Still Dungeon Crawling (Now with Orb of Annihilation)
>Possibly the last/2nd to last episode
>Literally, LITERALLY will get rekt by the final boss unless they rest.

>Ashley

Final episode

until Keyleth fights the Raven Queen to save Vax's life

Drink everytime:
Marisha casts a spell she hasn't read
Liam tries to take the spotlight for his emo drama
Laura metagames
When Sam lands a pun.
When Travis impresses Taliesin on pure acting and roleplaying.

Take a shot each time Matt calls someone on their bullshit, double if its Marisha.

And, in honor of Ashley being present, a drink each time Skype fucks up.

So i havent watched in ages but are they in the final few sessions now?

They've been in the final few sessions for the past 3-4 weeks. This is probably going to be the penultimate episode before the final battle.

Yes, this PROBABLY won't be the final, but it would easily be the penultimate (Unless they have a post mortem if they actually survive)

Well they are at the top of the titan so

Can't be fucked posting the battlestrategy pasta.
TL;DR
>Marisha won't play her character correctly no matter how much we whine
>Pike and Scanlan will be targeted first
>Martials need to focus fire on the death knight and Delilah
>Scanlan needs to ration out his counterspells

They're fucked unless matt plays the boss fight like a retard

They basically have to nova Delilah in the first round with the martials, then leave Grog to 1v1 the Death Knight while everyone else deals with Vecna.

I really hope these fucks serious up and stop acting like normie idiots

There will probably be more than just the 3 bigbads. I expect a few CR1 undead to keep pike or marisha busy.

Best option? Give Vecna all of Orcus' options, so he starts out summoning half a dozen Demiliches.

Why don't they just hit Vecna with the Orb of Annihilation?

He could probably counterspell it and drop the orb on the party.

He'll take control of it or use some 9th level stop time and just avoid it

Vecna has 30 Int
He would 100% take control of the sphere from Scanlan and use it against the party

It uses an Int check, which seems deliberate. Vecna would simply wrest control of it, and it would also move further.

>When Travis impresses Taliesin on pure acting and roleplaying
Just happened with the scope, take a drink

Already did

What's your poison?

>Burning a 5th level spell on this retardation

I'm starting slow, got an Angry Orchard that i'm sipping.

>Literally telling them where the DK is when she shouldnt be able to know by scrying

Take it easier on them

I'm taking whiskey shots :^)

matt has always been very generous with scrying information but even they're pushing it this time

I'm sorry.

Matt's always treated Scrying as a localized, 5-10 ft. cube of vision, which has benefited both the party and the foes of VM.

Fuck, Travis already did it again. Here I go
stop ruining the moment Marisha

This sounds like what happens when my party makes any kind of plan then they just give up and fireball everything

Give it about 5-10 minutes, and then they'll probably start Fireballing everything.

sam has some juicy little tits

so many spells for this one fuckup

So far we've got a 4th and a 2nd level spent.

Also, we now know that Vax is level 20, because he said that he gave Vex a +2 on the Wisdom check, which he can only do with the level 6 Paladin aura ability.

>you will never have a lovely game with your wife laura and have post game sex while she sweet talks you with her shin-chan voice

Freedom of Movement lasts and hour and needed to be cast on Scanlan anyway. The others are low level slots that would otherwise be useless against Vecna.

so whats the plan after this ends? new characters and a new story?

what a FOOL
THEY SPECIFIED NOT TO MENTION THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE

>which he can only do with the level 6 Paladin aura ability
He also used 29 points from his Lay on Hands pool, so he'd need to be at least Pally 6 for a pool of 30.

Yes

new characters and new story on a new continent in the world, i think 30~ years later

thats pretty good actually

he's only a level 13 rogue, so he's 19 at least now

Hopefully Travis makes a tactical oriented character, fucker would steam roll all these "challenges" if he wasn't gimped by 6 int and tries his best to not break character

it's what we're all dreaming for

I just thought of Travis making a wizard, by God I don't think Mercer could handle it after being so used to their usual "plans"

He does a good job of disguising it behind Grog's voice, but there have been a number of times where he seemed to get fed up, and made a suggestion that was far too intelligent for Grog.

Oh yeah, as time has gone on you can tell his patients has worn thin. I used to think he was just bored out of skull, then saw him do the one shot where he was the half orc leader and a couple other moments where he broke character after the group had been going in circles for five minutes. He's easily contender for the smartest person in that room

He only tends to do it once or twice a session, and said suggestions tend to be combat related, which is easily Grog's forte.

Also, holy shit the plan worked. This truly is the end days.

If Matt doesn't give him this I am gonna be so pissed. It's pretty legit coming from a high CHA character

This has to be the first time in forever a plan actually worked

God, Sam is the poster child for Bards everywhere.

>Grog being the only reasonable person AGAIN

They would have to hire a guy to co-DM the encounters so that its not just a 1-sided meat grind.
Who else can't wait for the glorious battle sequences with Trav as the commanding officer

he just had to stop being in character because it's not worth trying to justify grog coming up with the idea

Travis is already pissed af with their shit plans

This plan has worked so far though

>I'm burning my sixth level spell for wall of stone!
You can't write this shit, people.

muh scripts

a wall of stone when they literally have a sphere of annihilation with them
why didn't they just stealth ahead immediately after getting the guards to leave

She's out of 5th level slots.

A mean if this is their plan (Since they cant really move over to collapse it) then its a fine play. Its a 5th level anyway, and she said already she out of 5th levels

Well, they did just give up the sphere of annihilation. But there had to be other, spell-cheap options.

They're fucking screwed for Vecna

>you will never correct laura's retarded math while she talks in her shin-chan voice

i meant they're trying to block people off with stone when the people they're blocking have a sphere

>It's a I mindlessly hate Marisha user

They need to get a rest in. The still have the mansion, but if Vecna lays waste to the city then it might be gg.

>>>/reddit/

>Who else can't wait for the glorious battle sequences with Trav as the commanding officer
Also it looks like shit is going to be a much darker campaign unless Matt puts on the kid gloves, I'm excited.

My hope is Scanlan learned Wish and he casts the Mansion via it, only he makes it into a miniature Hyperbolic Time Chamber where they can full rest inside it and only 20 minutes passes on the Material Plane.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If he did that he'd risk the 33% chance of never being able to cast it again
not that he'd get another chance in this campaign

>Wall of Stone
>6th level spell

Why?

So Liam just crits everything he ever rolls right? He is always dealing almost double the damage of every other physical player in the party and either doesn't call out that he is smiting or just adds it over and over again.

>Instead of rolling for initiative when facing vecna, he just asks them to roll for anal circumference because they're about to get fucked.

sneak attack makes you do a lot of damage for one attack

She was out of 5th level slots due to the scrying

Read the assassin's level 3 feature

You and I both know that said risk is worth losing Wish, to get the "final save point full heal" for the boss fight vs. Vecna.

paladins don't need to call for certain smites until after they've confirmed the hit.

Because she is out of 5th level spells

Rogues have already been huge glass cannons, especially on sneak attacks

That's not a reasonable decision regardless

Why wish for a modified mansion to take a 20 minute rest when you could just wish for the whole party to instantly undergo a long rest for the same risk?

BUCKLE UP BOYS ITS TIME

Bought them enough time to execute their (shitty) plan

Because the mansion affords them one final roleplay session before the final battle, which you know they will want to milk for all its worth.

Marisha is literally a toddler handing a machine gun regarding spell uses, geez

cringe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAA

They are fucked

Spoiler:

>They find a way to collapse the barrier
>They will get a fuckload of help to kill Vecna cause tumblr would be sad if it was a tpk

I really feel bad for Mercer, these are his friends but at some point he has to realize, most of them are retarded.

I don't think it's unreasonable for them to find a way to collapse it. Even still, there's still a pretty heavy chance for at least some of them to die.

fuck that noise
I know its something matt would do which makes it even more unfortunate

DISABLE THE SHIELDS

WE ROGUE ONE BOYS

Deus vox machina

My guess is that the barrier's being maintained/powered by Vecna, so they need to make him lose concentration on it before it drops.

I would suspect that Matt's going to begin the fight with Vecna's attention/focus mostly diverted, as he's trying to power the barrier + jaeger the undead primordial earth titan, and leave it to his lackies in Delilah and the Death Knight to protect him.

But if they do drop the barrier, you bet your ass that they'll get a fly-by drive-by from J'mon, Kima, Allura, and probably Gilmore.

>Gets to play DND for 15k live viewers and however many VoD viewers each week
>Is a mini celeb from this ON TOP OF being a great voice actor
>Gets to do all this with his cute fiancee
>Their dumbness sometimes pays off with comedy gold (See the Goldfish incident)

If he didnt enjoy their stupidity he wouldn't be DMing for them for almost 5 years

Who the fuck are these nasty, silicon-pumped crackwhores?

>Disable barrier
>Vecna just kills all the reinforcements
>Tumblr gets pissed anyway

>
It would be great if vecna just mass-dispel magics their transport so allura kima and gilmore drop out fo the sky. Goddamn character-level NPCs/

I know he's always been super easy on them regarding player death, but I wouldn't be surprised if the plan was to try for a TPK, then the next campaign be a Deltora-esque adventure about undermining Vecna's tyranny or whatever. That would hook people in harder than cocaine.

It's almost like they're friends or something. Weird.

They'd be flying in/around on the back of J'Mon, the Ancient Brass Dragon that was mentioned just now.