Warhammer 40,000 General

Advice that will stretch a long way edition

Previous >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Advice that will stretch a long way edition
My sides Holy Kek

I'm getting back into 40k, I have some question about nids in the new edition if someone doesn't mind answering some of them

With Flyrants getting nerfed to shit, are Trygon Primes good for MC synapse?

With how cheap Carnifexes are, should I be using some low-cost meleefexes as distraction tactics, or can they do some good?

If I want to run some long range gun platforms, what are good choices for that? Tyrannofex/Hierodule, or do Carnifexes play that role somewhat still?

If I decide to run a small swarm as distraction troops for my big bugs, how many is too many gaunts?

For a big bug nid list in 8E, should I be trying to strike a balance between combined arms, or go full melee or ranged?

describe a faction's playerbase with one picture
>tau

I would raise a counter argument, but this actually seems very fitting.

>Guard

Nth for 40k needs more traps!

T'a'u

Ill fucking murder every fucking trap

>Celestial Lions

holy crap source?
L:ooks funny

So last thread we had some talk about the Thunderhawk. Has anyone actually used one in 8th? Is it even good? For its points it seems to suck.

Is it ever worth it, anyway? Even in Apoc it costs way to much for what it does, doesn't bring the firepower to make any of those points back, and is a massive fucking target, especially now that Titans can shoot their big guns at it with no real issues.

Haha! The joke's on you! By investing in trap-disarming feats and skills you've fallen into trap options and are now a completely sub-optimal build!

1. Yes, but only really for the units they tunnel with.

2. Don't run anything other than Stone Crushers.

3. Tyrannofex and Exocrine are your gun beasts. Biovores are a good choice for board control. Carnifexes suck at shooting.

4. Hormagants are ok. Situational. Better to run big units of Termies with 50% Fleshborer and Devourer mix.

5. I run a mixture of both at the 1000-1500 point mark. Shooting units like Hive Guard and Devilgaunts are point for point the most effective for what they do. So I would imagine a mixture is always the way to go.

Guy from last thread might not see it, but I'll repost it just in case.

>Any math-anons do the uber-summoning math, basically odds of rolling trips (or more) on 9d6?

I'm bad at probabilistic math, so I wrote a Python script to test it instead. It's about 0.1575.

Dudebro, I think I recognize that shop. PA, outside Philly?

Are you telling me the only way to destroy traps is to become one?

das rite muhfugga we wuz heetler n shiet

Thousand Sons players, out of the Tzeentch discipline what powers might you want to see ported over? How do you think they'd get balanced for 8th?
I'd love to at least see doombolt, though I'd also be interested in seeing how they'd port something like siphon magic over.

So, I haven't been into this long enough to observe: does Games Workshop ever put models on sale?

And now you know the terrible truth.

can adeptus mechanicus use their stratagems on FW variant knights or just the ones in the codex?

Anarchism is so far from the Tau ideology and societal structure it can't even see it. And any Communist would balk at the caste system, for that matter.

No, but their bundles sometimes save money. And by bundles, I mean actual boxes, not the one-click webstore traps. Start Collecting is a great example and probably one of the best ones.

I dunno, Steel Legion user posted it a while back when he was reporting the "small game" where he fielded 2 super heavies against a sub-optimal necron list and tabled it in 2 or 3 turns.

Not a Nid player but I'll try.

>Trygon Primes good for MC synapse?

I don't think so, but I know the Trygon/Mawloc model is good for use as an attack unit and tunnel. I think the preferred synapse units are the -thrope type models.

>With how cheap Carnifexes are, should I be using some low-cost meleefexes as distraction tactics, or can they do some good?

Deathspitters. Melee is no go

>If I want to run some long range gun platforms, what are good choices for that?

Hive Guard, Exocrine, Tyrannofex

>If I decide to run a small swarm as distraction troops for my big bugs, how many is too many gaunts?

Just take one Tervigon and full squad

>For a big bug nid list in 8E, should I be trying to strike a balance between combined arms, or go full melee or ranged?

Mid-range shooting and Mawloc melee

Begin your journey user
I've already started loosing weight and working on my complexion

The playerbase =! the actual lore
>implying commies are intelligent enough to even know what a caste system is

>applying reason to fascists

That.... Sounds like a lot of work guess ill just fuck them all and turn them all into mine to remove their plague from the rest of this world

thicc

Hime-chan is my waifu

Disregard, I fucked up. It's the odds of that NOT happening. So the probability should come down to about 0.8425.

Now you're getting it.

It was a 1000 point game, and the Necron guy claimed he also had 2 superheavies.

The shop is outside Philly, Stomping Grounds.

Do you know anyone who self-describes as Communist and plays Tau for that reason? Because else you're just shitposting for the hell of it. And that is terrible.

No, never. Best you'll get is free shipping when buying tons of shit.

*1500 point game, actually if memory serves me

>you're just shitposting for the hell of it
That's everyone in this thread including the person who started the reply chain.

>bunch of traps trying to kill each other

This nourishes the boner.

Oh fuck, I actually saw this game being set up.
I didn't really pay it any mind at the time, but looking at it now... fuck.

Try to buy from online discount retailers. You make big savings over the course of a project.

>mfw want to ram a QT3.14 trap in his virgin arsehole but am in a longterm relationship with a grill

>tfw i actually have this picture on my computer
I have already failed before i even began

Blood Angels

Sorry they are already my waifu (male)

If a space marine chapter shows up to fight with an imperial guard army, who would have ultimate command?

>the lolbrary

So he was a total noob when you stomped him

Real classy

Urgh. Painting Termagants at work, practically getting paid to paint, and I still can't find motivation.

How do you other hoard/horders get through them?

>EAT MORE
>- Semen

I still can't take this seriously.

This is good. Space Sharks were already "Space Wolves, but for Edgy People" so it fits.

You can get new figures on ebay for less than msrp. I guess they get it from GW and sell it for less of a markup.

>Chaos

Frankly as the guy who started this with the wanting to kill traps things. I Really do dislike them. I dont know what it is about them but they actively disgust me and i really want the meme to die or just go away from everything i love.

Oh fuck... That is 100% stomping grounds. You know what? I'm not even a little surprised. There is some autistic WAAC-faggotry out of that shop.

I appreciate the replies thank you

Necron guy probably mixed up heavy support and super heavy. The book refers to super heavies as lord or war, so if he was new I can understand the confusion.

They have command of their forces and coordinate their efforts based on the situation.

Because they're perverted sex obsessed "men" who will likely kill themselves by 40. But this site is filled with perverted sex obsessed men so you're shit outta luck.

Death Korps

I'm debating getting back into 40k, since I sold my Orks in 7th due to me realizing back then I would spend 4 times as much time taking my models out of the case and putting them back in when they died as playing.

I don't want to paint 150+ models again.

What's a viable army that I can play that meets the following criteria.

- Can have a big centerpiece model, or a pair of centerpiece models
- No squads of greater than 7 models.
- Has models in it that are at least 60mm base or larger.

Currently, I'm thinking this is death guard, since Ork Dread Mob doesn't exist anymore and the Mega Dread looks like it's terrible. The one thing I don't want to do is actually play death guard, since chaos players are whiny and pretentious.

also, how many of you would object to me using the 30k Mortarion as the 40k version?

Hmm, I'm not building a full-size army, but I'll keep the recommendation in mind, thanks.

Yeah, I *have* been around long enough to figure out that GW is weird, stupid at marketing and shamelessly overpriced, so I was coming to suspect that they didn't...

Yep, planning to group my purchases around that.

Discount retailers? Ooh, where? The closest thing I've seen is a little comic shop selling the paints cheap.

Depends on what the highest ranking Guard officer is. I know in the Guant's Ghosts series Warmaster Macaroth had command of a few Chapters at least.

You kinda sound like a little bitch. Are you seriously upset by anons joking around? Are newfags that fucking sensitive?

Is anyone paying for the best coast pairings app?

Can you get me the army list of the top drukhari player? Not the ynnari player, but the top drukhari list. I want an idea for what they look like.

It's because they're male.

You get paid to paint miniatures?

I play both Orks and DG so I think DG fit into your criteria, shame about selling your army though.

If you buy your stuff from non-GW stores they usually give 15-20% off. But I think GW released some dumb policy that made them lower the discount to 10-15% or something recently.

Lets say just a general. How does that stack up to a SM chapter master and a SM captain?

Fuck off, poorfag

>7 models
Nurgle calls to you

As a regular there... Yep.

Space Wolves

>I dont know what it is about them but they actively disgust
This is tour own latent homosexuality causing you problems friendo. Accept your love of feminine penis and find peace.

Same way an Inquisitor does. He politely asks the Marines to help him out in this warzone and assist with X strategy at Y time with Z materiel.

The Marines will either listen and co-operate or tell him to fuck off depending on what Chapter he's dealing with.

>things to eat more
>Semen
Kek

Chapter Masters outrank Generals. Generals outrank Captains unless they're snowflakes like Sicarius. It also works in reverse, Creed has more renown than most Captains, but defers to high ranking marine officers out of courtesy, unless they themselves are someone as famous as, say, Dante or Calgar.

Their command structures are completely separate so their authority doesn't really supersede each others, meaning you generally just see who is the higher rank by how famous or influential they are and deferring to the one with greater influence. Inquisitors generally trump both.

The issue that I'm seeing is that generally, people that play purely chaos are faggots.

while I like the playstyle of Death Guard, I don't want to be grouped in with those pretentious bitches. It's the reason that /40kg/ was enjoying all of the chaos whining during Fate of Kronor.

Would people object to me using the 30k Deathguard models in pace of the 40k ones?

Do we expect FW to release Fires of Cryaxus soon so that I can use Taghmata stuff?

And i want to make this extremely clear. I dont want to actually kill or harm traps in anyway.

Hmm i dont know if its exactly that, but theres probably some connection to that. Being the guy who started the pegging convo last thread i dont really find myself having any issue with perverts
ANYWAYS 40k
How much you want to bet the spear of telesto has some like Evangelion level plot relevance soon?

>I don't want to play chaos so I'm going to play a traitor legion and use the chaos codex but it's not chaos so it's okay
Yup, you have what it takes to be a chaos player alright.

>trygon primes
Yes if you have no other way. Really only good to keep Genestealers from running and to deliver them. If you're bringing melee bugs through a tunnel its ok, but synapse on flyrants is easy to cover. Or just play it smart and don't use combos that NEED synapse to work. Its partially why genestealers are so good.

>Carnifex
I've seen some food stiff with a brood of 3 dual Scytal fexen with OOE in a pack, but they are slow and clunky. Stonecrushers are everything normal feces wish to be.

>long range guns
Hive guard are great with the change to AP, but the real king is the exocrine. In my tournament list I have 2 exocrines on the flanks guarded by a Malanthrope each. Gives it a -1 to hit, and keeps it shooting where you want for relatively cheap.

>small swarm
Again genestealers are incredible this edition. Anyone that plays them more than once will immediately begin targeting them first. Great distractions alongside trygons, or just bum rushing up the field. A few broods of 15 hormagaunts are nifty since they're fast and easy to tie up enemies in combat, but if you really want a unit to tarpit with, 30 fleshborer termagants near a tervigon can tie up just about anything you want.

>Big bugs
We have few ranged options that are reliable. Namely the exocrine, hive guard, Biovores, and flyrants (but even they dropped to mediocre). If you want my advice run a melee-centered force backed up by your artillery powerhouses.

So like 2 Scytal flyrants, 2 Malanthrope, 2 exocrines, 2 hive guard/warrior broods, a brood of Stonecrushers/trygon, and fill the rest with stealers. That's generally my setup now.

Exocrines are even great at bringing down fliers, as they only impose a -1 to hit now instead of flat 6's.

Biggest threat I've seen to bugs is the super flamer land raider. It torched everything I sent to fight it from overwatch, and is difficult to bring down even with exocrines.

Everyone who plays everything is a gigantic faggot. Who gives a fuck?

Reminder that Euphrati Keeler might have become Moriana the Black, seer of chaos!

You sound like a gigantic faggot.

>when your suggestion for a meme becomes the general image
This is what success feels like...

>using superior quality models
Id expect it

>implying people actually play tabletop games there.

Man, picture 2 makes it look the therapy dog needed therapy after that.

How should I support 10 of each Sister of Silence, which is 10 bolters, flamers, and greatswords? I'd love to use pic related, but FW hasn't given Talons 40k rules yet because they hate money. Note that its main gun is a twin quad autocannon.

Why is Tzeentch the best, tg?

Twin Quad Autocannon? Wouldn't that be an Octocannon?

Sort of. I work as a Nurse Practitioner on overnights. So when its quiet, I bring a small project box and crack on!

I don't know what you guys want.

I contribute battle reports almost every week, and even made a template for them.

I play a fully-painted army. I mix up what I play every week.

I've done exactly one game with conscripts, after which I have fielded nothing but infantry squads and sometimes some scions. I've done an LRBT-heavy list. I've done a list with 0 vehicles. I've done a list that was all melee and no shooting.

Yet still 90% of what I get from this community is negative. Why do people even participate here? What is it you guys want in these threads, exactly? Because I'm getting sick of putting in the effort just to be shit on over and over again. Collecting, editing, and organizing all those pictures and then writing up the play by play is time consuming, and I just get derided for it.

I wish one day that the lore will finally show all the matchups and without asspulls can judge how factions stack up. Then when the factions are measured, the story ends with each faction in an all out battle at the eye of terror and the result is left ambiguous so each player can interpret who they thing won the day but give each faction a shining chance to come out on top.

Also nids could whip any chaos entity hands down

>Acraftworldi Aeldari