Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Funny 40k memes, edition.

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30&list=RDsUIcCyPOA30

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/22/warhammer-40000-in-world-of-tanksgw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

3rd for Nurgle

Taghmata when?

You are not 3rd, and that's a double 6.

Which means, it's Slaaneshi time.

What is the worst 40k model you assembled and/or painted? For me it's pic related. This kit is terrible - parts don't fit at all and gluing this shit was a horror

exorcist

Flesh Hounds, none of the legs fit on the body right.

anyone working on admech scans/pdf?

What's a fun Tempestus Scion army list to play and face?

>virgin pdf-fags being impatient little shits again
>chad epub users wait patiently like gentlemen

Is a guardsman squad with a lascannon 60 points for 10 guardsmen, 2 of which form a HWT or 56 for 8 guardsmen and a HWT?

The codex come out tomorrow in digital format. Just wait tomorrow.

Or go buy it. Most stores already got theirs.

For 40k? An anonymous can dream...

What's the best way to run mechanised orks in 8th ed.? Bikes, buggies and transports all got drastically more expensive and that's before you start adding on equipment.
Meanwhile boyz saw such huge buffs, and are so cheap, that transports don't provide enough of a benefit to justify their points cost. You're better off just taking more boyz.

What is the purpose of a trukk now? It reduces your mob size whilst allowing them to move no faster than if they were in a battlewagon. It could be used as a platform for shooty units, but only tankbustas can really benefit from what it provides.

Are skorchas and stormboyz really ork's only viable fast attack choices? Every option is outperformed by units from other slots, whilst paying a premium for increased movement.

As it says in the index, 2 of them can form a HWT, not "You can add a HWT to the squad"

The virgin epub

uses the software Veeky Forums told him to
lets scanners and rippers go at their pace
doesn't want to bring attention to himself, never post his requests
belittles those who aren't afraid of speaking up, thinks this makes him better
has poor seating posture in a dimly lit room with the curtains drawn

the chad pdf

has never installed none factory software in his life
demands the peasents move with haste, no they'll only slack otherwise
posts whatever he feels like, does not care what others think of him
doesn't even notice the virgin belittling him, has already moved on to a different thread
is posting from a phone while out on his afternoon jog

Drop Pod jesus christ I still sweat thining about it

Trukks to ferry MANZ I guess.

Think the only way to run mech Orks are Battlewagons

most epub readers are actually fucking up the GW files tho. I tried like 8 of them and none worked as well as PDFs readers

They're extremely expensive though. I run two of them full of boyz to get a turn two charge in, but it's not exactly efficient.

MANZ missile was questionable even when it cost just 150 points.
Now it costs 244 minimum and is slower.

Orks only have Boyz as a strong unit. The rest of the army is pure balls.

not buying anything till I see points values

>Funny 40k memes, edition.

They're in tge Admech thread. Only rangers, Vanguard, Breachers and Neutron Onagers got slightly cheaper.

Don't talk to me or my Tankbustas ever again

>laughingskorchas.jpg

>d3 hits

You iz muckin about.

>doesn't know the difference between skorchas and burnas

Perhaps it is you that iz muckin about.

Termagants. Their legs don't fit their bodies, and their head halves don't quite match. I have to chip away at the legs and head for every single one if I want them to look good.
I won't even bother filling the gaps with greenstuff.

daemonettes

or Ahriman. His fucking disk took me an hour to get the flames right on.

Why are tau players the worst?

What's so bad about Daemonettes? I've built a kit, and they didn't bother me beyond the lack of articulation in their arms.

so we got eldar and nids for sure next right? maybe we can get them before november since gw has to put out some AoS stuff next. i have an eldar army but i held off from buying the index (mostly because i haven't finished some models so i won't play with the army)

Is it better to decide on the bonus and penalties for a narrative campaign before or after the game?

First game on our Crusade campaign of Imperium against the Tau went for the Imperium (deathwatch),They destroyed the communication station for the sept, and se started to discuss about what the effects would be.
But I think this is a bad way to decide things, certainly It would be better to arrange this before the campaign starts you can say It railroad things but it would avoid the discussões.

Dat git dun no iz Grot Grillaz!

GET IM!!

>torsos and legs don't match and have no indicator how they fit together
>heads have horrid balance, making them difficult to put together
>arms have no articulation and don't have nearly as much diversity as one might think looking at the kit

>since gw has to put out some AoS stuff next

who said they have to do that?

nid players, how are warriors? Are they trash, and if not, what is the best way to equip/use them?
I'm working on a big bug list to take a break from my marine army (thanks by the way for all the suggestions on names a couple threads ago) and I'll admit while I'm great with marines, I'm not too familiar with whats good or not with nids. All I know is that genestealers are amazing and the swarmlord is great at close combat

>first response is not Penitent Engine
You do not know suffering till you try to assemble that bloody thing.

Also old metal thunderhawk

Decisions decisions. Get more meat for my GK, which I haven't touched in a year or so, ir take a challenge and paint either checkered harleys or Imperial Fists.

Since I am an indecisive fuck and people love gets, dubs choose faction plus name whatever HQ I get (GK Grandmaster or Brother Cap, Troupe Master or IF captain)

Anyone got a pdf or epub of The Emperor's Gift they could share? I don't see it in any of the OP megas.

Any kind anons care to share the Horusian Wars audiobook?

>His fucking disk took me an hour to get the flames right on.
Oh god, fuck those things
>like this? No. like this? no. this? wait, the fuck?

>Organ
>Showing vertebrae

Come on, user.

>oh, I think this bit is backwards
>wait, shit, now the glue is starting to pile on...gotta scrape it off
>alright, is THIS right?
>FUCK

Warriors go from terrible to pretty alright depending on what you want them to do. They get too expensive for what they can do, and they're not all that fast, so there is no guarantee they'll get into melee.
That said, they're your most efficient source of synapse if you have a lot of cover.
I typically take 3 with scything talons and toxin sacks if I want to fill a troop slot for a detachment, and have them hide somewhere near an objective for synapse.

exalted seeker chariot or metal keeper of secrets. it's good thing my god enjoys my suffering because fuck those were terrible to build. the keeper (both really, i have the one from 3rd and 5th edition) need a lot of green stuff work while the chariot is so spiky with a lot of mold lines on all the spike wheels

that's the feeling i get (keep both sides of the game happy) not to mention that they are putting out some AoS stuff now

are deathspitters worth putting on them?
assault 3 heavy bolters for 8 points seems pretty good to me, but I'll admit I'm no expert on nids, at all

the joke is that it's a backbone.

Not an organ, though.

bone are organs
vertebrae are organs
the spine is an organ
(you) are a moron

>I can't wait for based GW to bring Lion ba-

I always liked the lion, but this pic makes me wanna punch him

Which chapters do you guys think would be welcoming of these strange new primaris gifts from robo girlyman ?

Old metal ork dread. But back then I was an ignorant child who had never heard of pinning.

BONESAW IZ READEE

>the Techpriest scans

Screeches over vox demanding his archaeotech
Swears he will send his tech-assassins if OP doesn't deliver
Relies on some enginseer three forgeworlds away to do all his research, when some calculus-logi one warp jump away has every schematic indexed already
Thinks STC templates should just fall in his lap

Admech are truly the worst.

Ruinstorm is probably the worst Horus Heresy cover yet, which is actually kind of an achievement given how ugly and phoned-in most of them are.

Do you have a Tyranid prime, which is a fairly bad HQ choice, near them to make their 4+ ballistic skill less terrible?
If no, the deathspitter is probably not going to hit all that often. it's decent enough additional shooting if one of them has a Barbed Strangler, which adds 1 to the users hit rolls if it targets an enemy unit with 10 or more models.

>Guilliman is a generic Hollywood action hero
>Sangy is Goldilocks with leopard fur and mahou shoujo spear
>Lion is a black samurai

That katana fucking kills me.

Heretek scans

>Screeches to the gods for scans
>Swears he will start collecting skulls for the skull throne, but tomorrow
>Pretends to not care about scans half the time, breeds deamon engines to calm his autism
>Thinks forcing a deamon to mate with a tank is the pinnacle of innovation

They're pretty bad. They suffer from the same issue as always in that they die stupidly easily but are priced as though they're resilient. T4 /4+ save and 3 wounds is like the sweet spot to make all multi-damage attacks strong against them.

Only way I could think of using them is putting a bunch(6-9)with boneswords and adrenal glands in a Trygons tunnel and charging things to death but even then there's probably better options.

but its just a chainsword you fucking dumbass

Then draw a real chainsword next time, dumbass!

>mfw i realize thats supposed to be johnson on the left

>But even then there's probably better options
20 Genestealers are a better option, and around the same price.
Warriors do synapse, that's their gimmik. Everyone would be using Shrikes instead, but the wings are very hard to come by.

Nah,bones aren't organs. Organs is shit like your livers, kidneys, guts, stuff like that.

Tau vs Imperium are my favourite games

It's a chainsword straight on.

Its supposed to be a chainsword straight on, but it just looks like a katana with a wavy edge.

>Lion
>straight

You might need to get your vision checked, user

If Thousand Sons were to get something like warpflame and/or soulblaze as their legion trait, do you think it'd work well for them?
How would you balance it out for 8th?

Holy neckbeard!

Trukks make excellent transports for elite units like Nobs and Tankbustas. You need to be careful with deployment due to its general fragility, but KFFs and Ramshackle help just a little bit. If you get first turn and are splurging points on Nobz or Meganobz, enjoy the look on your opponent's face when you move, advance, and then shoot him with 12 kombi-skorchas.

Bikes aren't the beatsticks they used to be, but they got a lot more survivable as even the basic bikers have 2 wounds now. Run them to intercept anything you don't want approaching your main force.

Honestly you can't find purely mech Orks that safely, but as Kaptin Bluddflagg said, the first and best part of a WAAAGH!!! is a big mob o' Boyz.

>find

Whoops, *field

I just realized. primarch posters are just people who liked WWE and couldn't move on with their lives after society moved on with it.

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Tsons are just going to get a bonus to their invulnerability saves of 1 if some condition is met.

>Pro wrestling = WWE

Go home Vince.

Hmmmm Electropriests are too pricey, think Electrosquats set up from 20 combat and 20 shooty dwarves would work?

All is dust is already a thing, silly.
I really hope they don't get something as boring as that though, it'd be unfortunate when there's a bit of potential for traits and such.

I bet you unironically and regularly post about how one primarch BTFO another in some stupid poorly written book.

>First game of 8e
>just using index csm marines
>playing against a nid player happy nids are 'good now'
>first turn, shoot my vindicator at his swarmlord and 3 tyrant guard. Kill all of the tyrant guard and do 5 wounds to the Swarmlord.
>wipe out his tyranid warriors first turn with some devastators
>run two rhinos at his exocrine which is forced to fire inefectually at them for the game as its now out of synapse ( rhinos are tougher than carnifexs this edition)
>his dying swarmlord doesn't get a cover save against me even though I can only see the tip of its sword behind a building, wipe it the fuck out.
>Easily pick off the rest of his forces, his genestealers and carnifexs make it into some csm squads but are counter charged and mopped up by my helbrutes.
>nid player leaves dejected

I felt so bad I let him win the next game we played. Bugs just cant catch a break.

>I really hope they don't get something as boring as that though

Uhh, sweetie, this is 8th edition. They're all something as boring as that.

My first model.

Thoughts?

Comments and criticism?

>Devastators
>CSM

>Jungle child
>grew up in a chaos infested forest
>didn't know what clothes were until adulthood

Aree you really surprised he likes his beard?

He looks a little chummby and like he could use a shave. I like what you did with the stoner-chic knit wool cap despite the 90° weather. Realnicetouch.

Kinda thinking Irondrakes for Corpuscarii and Arkanauts for fulgurites, with some conversion
tweaks of course.

Nope.

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/22/warhammer-40000-in-world-of-tanksgw-homepage-post-2/

Huh.

40k-Monolith
Any model ever- lich lord terminus from privateer press. Giant metal asshole with giant metal wings

I was using a heresy IW army so got used to just calling everything its imperial equivalent. inb4 heavy support squads.

Space Wolves are the best.

Badass, independent and care about humanity. The heroes of the setting.

What went wrong?

Forced to pay for servo arms and they made servo arms utter garbage.