Stat me Veeky Forums

Stat me Veeky Forums

Triggers panic attacks in shitty versions of the series protagonist.

But user, that's Omega Ridley. The one who's not even as difficult as the Prime 1 boss fight.

Like Samus but less so/10

Dead

He'll be back next game.

Too big!

too big/10

Stop making me sad

Big: 2

He's a big guy

Why does Ridley get so much attention? Kraid and the rest get nothing next to Ridley.

He's the leader of the Space Pirates. Mother Brain is an organic computer and Kraid is just a random high ranking goon. RIdley meanwhile personally killed Samus's parents and showered her with their entrails

I thought Mother Brain was their leader or close. Mother Brain is always fought after Ridley and Ridley having to be killed in order to non-glitch fight Mother Brain.

Nah, she's a super computer created by the Chozo to control Zebes which Ridley corrupted.

2bes?
Tubes?
TUUUUUBES?!

There's also the fact that he's a goddamn space dragon.
And his theme is cool (even if it wasn't solely his theme at first)

Trips don't make you right. Mother brain is indeed the space pirate leader after she backstabbed the chozo.

[Spoiler]But ridley is one hell of a nasty piece of work and was the leader before then.[/spoiler]

I refuse to acknowledge Other M

Actually, Mother Brain -is- the Space Pirate leader. She went utterly mad with power, and decided that she would then claim dominion over the universe/multiverse, and her ambition eventually led to her claiming complete rule over the Space Pirates. Hell, she even gets respect and loyalty from Fucking -Ridley- of all 'people'!

Who back stabbed the Chozo again? Was it Mother Brain, Space Pirates or what? For all we know, the Chozo killed each other.

I mean, they're the super-advanced-now-mostly-gone Precursor Race, so self-inflicted is a pretty likely explanation. You could go with the peaceful angle, but other issues aside they made Samus a monster in part by genejacking her with their godlike birdblood. That doesn't sound like a species that forgot how to war or something.

The gene hijacking did have reason. The atmosphere of their homeworld is hard for a regular human to survive unaided & with space pirates out there, Samus needs some self defense.

We also now have new lore of Bird Hitler from Samus Returns

>Pondering this fact, I realize... I owe the Metroid hatchling my life twice over.
Oops, forgot one time.

But Ridley is pretty badass for only losing leadership to a planet-controlling supercomputer built by an elder race and managing to survive his period of subservience. Well, till he was repeatedly killed dead by Samus.

Bird Hitler?

That comic is terrible and should be treated as noncanon

I'm so glad this meme never died. I was there at its birth.

Athletics: 3
Affection: 0
Skill: 1
Cunning: 2
Luck: 2
Will: 5

Maid Types: Cool x2
Maid Colours: Purple, Orange, Metallic Yes, it's on the chart
Special Qualities: Criminal Tendencies (Killer), Absurd (Cyborg)

Maid Roots: Revenge
Stress Explosion: Rampage
Maid Weapon: Claws

Trauma: Wanted by the police
Complexes: Big butt, Slow eater
Maid Power: Tenacity. (Even after being defeated in battle, you can take 2 Stress to get to your feet.)

Favor: 0
Spirit: 50

Name: Sir Ridley Scott

By this point, Metroid violates its own canon enough that it doesn't matter.

How big is ridley anyway?

If we go with the manga, the Chozo used to be badass warriors who dominated the galaxy, but eventually came to see military conquest and war as pointless and became pacifists dedicated to bettering the galaxy (they were the ones who founded the Galactic Federation). Then most of them ascended into a higher plane of existence.
They even intalled a mental block that made them feel intense pain when acting in a violent manner to ensure they'd only use violence when absolutely necessary.

Unique Feat: Pain in the ass to kill

He's going to be back soon.