WIP - Work In Progress General

No WIP thread on Veeky Forums?!? Emperor's Teeth! That's HERESY!!!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Figure painter magazine issues 1-36
mega.nz/#F!0AIGDAxL!xOT6MK3oiGpBB1pQaNy5lg

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

>DIY Wet Palette
youtube.com/watch?v=96mjmqWTPfM

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Trip paint judging scale:
>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

Previous Thread(s):

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/sxXFfws3
youtube.com/watch?v=nCenxgOW-fs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please post something that is not Space Marines or Chaos Space Marines
Thank you

Grot bus was fun to make. Same size as the old plastic truck, plus its only for carrying grots around to objectives.

Its sad that with five fully painted grots in it the only one you can really see is the guy riding the flagpole

Fucking love that stop sign

Fuck that
Evil Birds

Ork Battlebus... awesome idea, nice work user.

He meant post stuff of your own. I don't believe anyone so talented would waste their time here.

he just said post non-space marines
and yea there was a guy who posted here for a bit that was really good, dont know where he went. And the guy who paints the batman figs is really nice as well.

This very cool. I love it.
which reminds me I have plsticard around here somewhere I was going to use... after I get around to finishing my 20 man plague marine squad... and the rest of the box...

Marine players should be executed

As what units are you going to run all those?

>I don't believe anyone so talented would waste their time here.

You realize Louise Sugden posts here from time to time, don't you?

Posted a few days ago, but didn't get a reply on this topic:

Should I build upon that mace's head, or replace it with a bit cut from the piece at her feet? Although I'm not going for truescale, I did file down a lot of stuff to make proportions less goofy.

I guess replacing the spikes would give a more futuristic mace, whereas building on it would look more medieval.

There's also the option to leave the head as is...
(she's an inquisitor btw)

If anyone is interested, here is the link to the "trips guide" pastebin someone posted last thread
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

Replace the head of the mace with a land raider

Are the veins on this too prominent or are they fine as is?

How long have you been painting that fucking Chaos Dwarf? Also, the veins look fine.

I had previously stripped them all and repainted them. This one I did last night as a test model

This. You been doing them for atleast half a year. You need to paint more often bro

My current wip, Saint Lucia. Any hints on how to bring together the face so it looks less messy?

>Any hints on how to bring together the face so it looks less messy?

Well, we have this.

makes for a nice change 2bh

I finished this yesterday.

Go big and get one of those Dark Angels censer spiked maces and use that head.

Tried to use vallejo water texture 1st time ever.
Quickly realized how wrong I was with making frame with duct tape.

See

Have my wip Chimera Russ.

Cool. Are you thinking of adding anything else?

Waiting till venom dries (should become semi-transparent green), and then he'll be ready to assemble.

Done the scrollwork and aquilae on the 4 guys, I mucked up the Sgt so will redo his tomorrow.

Minis nearly done anyhow just got to finish the metal areas, the green handles and the chapter symbol tomorrow.

Sorry for any heresy chum!

>frag oof
Wut

Got my dark eldar out of storage that I'm gonna try to see how they do in 8th. Only 750 points though

"Frag" is a common replacement for fuck in warhammer, "oof' is because it was really late when I wrote that.

scratched together some more cork, so I could build up the back of the formation on the right to the 16th layer. Afterwards, the big white structure seen behind it. Took far more time than I had hoped it would, mainly do to me writing down the wrong measurements one time.
I am happier with the road, now that it dried a bit more and the shine is gone. Hopefully I'll manage to buy new cork tomorrow, as I have already noticed some annoing stuff I'll have to work around now, after changing my order.

face is definitely wonky, but I'd say is probably the area I'd be concerned least about. The armor, hair, and wings are all pretty messy

Would you like a tiny space ship?

something something skull comment

>UCM
baseline pls go and stay go
Always love to see dropfleet posted on here, I've really got to paint mine

Despite the memes they're still my favorite and probably my best painted army

The person dictating was killed by a grenade.

I've always liked them, it was nice watching the army slowly come together.

Thanks, but that's the only one I've ever finished from my Commodore starter, I just cant decide on color schemes

>Wut

He's a Canuck, eh? Noo doot aboot it!

not prominent enough. If they're as small as I imagine, it just makes the metal look weathered which is cool but not vein like.

I know that feeling, I must have stripped and repainted my scourge at least 4 times, I can not get them to look even remotely good, I got sick of it in the end and just gave up.

I've had more trouble the the PHR than anything else. Those big smooth armor plates are a highlighting nightmare - everything I put on there looks flat and boring.

I did one test model in solid black with light grey highlights, and then 'ardcoated the black to make it look reflective. Came out all right, but eh...nothing makes me like it after I try it out.

A few threads ago I posted about cleaning off the tentacles on the death guard. Here's a little side by side with the unaltered one I painted for my flgs

>dem anime tiddies in the background
nice
I like your 'cleaned up' version, it still looks weathered and damaged but it's less over the top and to me that's nice.

Finally a bit of progress on my horsemen. Despite the white armor I needed my.champs to be clydesdales.
Long way to go, still.

Yeah, I was going for a more subtle look to the DG

>anime titties in background
Image is repost but it's still in the same state. Been about a month, but I've been painting her Samurai and Druid on/off.

>Forgot pic

Are those kingdom death minis?

yes

Yep

Did a bit of experimenting and made a bit of progress on that kan I posted a while back.
Couldn't decide which style of scratches and weathering I wanted to use, so I ended up mashing a bunch together, which I actually quite like.

0.75 kans down, 8 kans and 3 dreads to go

Damn son those eyes are shit hot, skin tones are looking good too

Finished a quick n' dirty, yet festive, paint job on some old ass metal rats. Got 60+ of these old things to paint.

Any tips on painting Imperial fists? I'm thinking white primer for a base, then probably flash gitz yellow as the primary, but where should I go for there? Should I do something else for them? I've got a betrayal at calth set with nothing painted yet, and it's either them or Alpha Legion.

Not sure if I'm in love with the scheme on the power armor, and definitely need to fill that gap on the brazier.

>that gravestone
my fucking sides.
The bases are really nice, definitly capture that autumnal feel

I want to cover her in 2 thick coats

kd makes the best pinup minis I've seen

my box of skulls arived so i'm decorating my tree

That tombstone hit me right in the feels

How did you paint the green jade weapons?

i tried pretty hard on this, thoughts?

Is it your first time painting?

Then not bad. Some areas need cleaned up ajd your highlights are a bit messy. Also, thin ur paints

If its like your 100th time painting, try again.

at this point, you'd be doing me a favor

Also, use more washes

Looks ok to me. I'd work on highlights and edging, and making sure you don't have overspill when painting details. Eye lenses are a good example of this.

define try again

damn new stormcast eternals looking good

Base of VGC Scorpy green, heavy wash of the Citadel Technical Waystone Green, then back over the edges with Scorpy and a final thinner edge highlight of VGC Livery Green.

Can anyone recommend me a good black/dark grey mini primer? Been using Chaos Black so far, but it's expensive for what I hear is passable but not superb stuff.

Krylon Black primer works pretty well.

what said. works great. i also use the white primer.

if you want a neutral grey primer, tamiya fine surface primer is the best i've ever used.

This.

I'll had luck with even cheaper brands of spray paint, though Rust-Oleum and Kyrlon are my go-tos. No matter what you use, just make sure it has an ultra flat finish.

Put the mini on its back, paint the lenses white and shade red with a drop of carroughbog crimson

Good advice here:

youtube.com/watch?v=nCenxgOW-fs

Thanks, anons. I need some more glue and another set of cheapo brushes as well, so I may as well have a bit of a rearm generally. Going to stick to Leadbelcher for the spray basecoat afterwards to keep the match across the army.

if you use ironbreaker/light silver instead of white, it makes it look more "lens" like. easier than painting like a gem stone.

Why doesn't GW package more of these? I've only found them in one box and they're great, don't have to deal with the dimple in the middle of the usual ones.

I hope the user with the backwards contemptor legs posts again.

I like him.

Does anyone know a good website for ordering paints/general hobby supplies in Canada besides meeplemart or sunwardhobbies?

I cant paint dirt if my life depended on it, worst is I only have normal paints so following guides is hard.

pls bully me softly

somebody with skin that thin really shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

Tabletop worthy, would kill
>normal paints
you mean like craft paints?

why are they standing on a piece of carpet?

Got 3 of these old cadian officers in the mail today, tried my hand at painting one

Whaddya think? Next step is basing

Production costs most likely I'm sure

generic paints made in my country, or normal acrilic paints with no color name, also I need to buy brown, I realized when doing that project.

It also was a test run to see how the paints would do.

I'm having issues with my paint drying too quickly when I'm doing highlights. Do drying retarders work well with Citadel paints, and is there a specific one I should pick up?

Because you get the sprue gate on the side which is actually visible unlike the dimple in the middle?

its not that low user, just enough to put a cannon in there.

The sprue gate can be shaved down and painted over though, kind of like what you do with sprue gates on the model itself

Im a fan of strong highlights, I like it. Id probably strengthen the highlights on the armour plates to bring them closer to those of the cloth.