I think everyone agrees that Bitcoin's explosive growth is over. In 2018 it's gonna be 3x or 5x tops

I think everyone agrees that Bitcoin's explosive growth is over. In 2018 it's gonna be 3x or 5x tops.
But what about Ethereum? It has no fundamental flaws, many crypto technologies are based on it, the fees are low and it's already popular and supported everywhere. So my guess it's going to cost about $6000 for a coin in 2018.
What's your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/945988644661207040?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why did you buy this shit? jesus h christ

lmao did you seriously buy ETH...

No its wasting energy and full of bugs.

Cardano Ada is better.

I think it's the best long term investment for the upcoming year.

ETH has a lot of potential in 2018.

proof of stake is coming

futures rumored for it, should bring wall street money into it

it's the platform and backbone for a huge amount of the top 100 coins

Should be getting more mainstream media attention come next year

It makes up a large portion of my portfolio, and is a safe pick, unlike some other coins where they can potentially blow up.

lol normies will just buy btc because it can go to 1000000000 in their mind, and the rest will go for coins below 100 usd, so they can own 500 shitcoins, instead of 2.0064 eth

Normies aren't going to be what makes 2018 crypto wide market cap explode. Grandma spending $50 on coinbase doesn't do crap.

2018 is going to be the year institutional money enters the market large quantities, and will be the driving force. They aren't going to invest in some random shit coin, they'll go after the well known ones.

Disclaimer: I have a decent chunk of my invested fiat tied up in ETH
That being said, apparently Vitaly is getting heated by all the Veeky Forums memes, enough to consider ghosting us

twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/945988644661207040?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

t. absolute brainlet who fell for Hoskinson's reddit-speak
>a team led by a narcissist spouting "science" that has so far created a whitepaper and a fancy website is better than a project that has 10 times more and better developers with the best product on the market

that's spooky

>In 2018 it's gonna be 3x or 5x tops.

Heard the same fucking thing in mid 2017

>No fundamental flaws

Are you serious? You do realize Ethereum is Bitcoin with optimizations for performance and smart contracts right?

It slowed to a crawl from Cryptokitties. What do you think is going to happen when more serious apps go into prod? Yeah, expensive and slow transactions.

If you want to invest in the future, go with Cardano. It's still Bitcoin + Ethereum + More optimizations + PoS.

>raiden
>plasma
Will solve 90% of the issues alone. Rest can be ironed out also over time.

>lightning network
Will solve 100% of BTC's issues alone

Stop talking about that sperg.

except it won't, will literally double fees lmao.

He can vitalik my balls

Biggest risk to ETH is a centralized version (like EOS). Regularfags don't care about decentralization, so would rather take the performance upgrade and go with a centralized coin.

with that "logic" it's the same for raiden lmao

enjoy your $40 + $40 cryptokitty transactions

>If you want to invest in the future, go with the noname coin I just bought.
Okay sir, will do.

>Doesn't know #6 on Coinmarketcap

mmm

#6, ohhh yea that super expensive whitepaper.

Hope that works out for ya. Anyone disputing the fact that Ethereum will be king in 2018 is moronic. By literally every measure ethereum is already the king... /thread

totally agree. Scary to see the normie effect taking place. they are zombies. Sad that they are missing the point of decentralization (literally the reason all this shit started)

Ehhh, I know what I'm investing it. You can believe or disbelieve in the technology all you want, but at least recognize its flaws. I'm getting out of ETH because it's out of any runway and max it can do in 2018 is 5x at around $250B-$300B market cap, which would be amazing if it can pull it off. It will be rocky as the network starts processing some real smart contract traffic.

Cardano still has runway for a 10x. People don't need a working product, they want to invest in the "future" and Cardano certainly looks the most futuristic with its ivory tower team at this very moment. I wouldn't recommend it to you though, only believers deserve this 10x.

>No fundamental flaws
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

UHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nothing that can't be fixed.
You're missing the point. Eth is already mainstream. It's a common base for most coins from top 50. It's like Linux compared to GNU Hurd - technically worse, but in reality it's the winner.

If you think ETH can pull off a 10x tell me why. I promise I won't sell once it moons if you can convince me.

Keep in mind an ETH 10x means it has double BTC's ATH and higher market cap than all crypto has combined right now.

BTC's market cap is gonna reach trillion next year, so 10x for Eth doesn't look overly optimistic at all.

If you look at how quickly the marketcap has blown up in just over a month, it’s not far fetched to think in 1 year eth market cap won’t be bigger than the current entire crypto market cap

I'm not convinced by that at all. If your argument is tons of new money flows into cryptocurrencies, I'm still keeping my ADA and REQ because I'll be collecting my 20x instead.

>because I'll be collecting my 20x instead.
It's surely a possibility. But you may also collect shit if they fail due to one of the million possible reasons. Or perhaps they will give you exactly same gain as BTC. Who knows. With Eth it's kinda a done deal.

It's more of done deal that I'll collect shit with ETH if the max I can expect is a measly 5x.

so many coins and tokens are based on ethereum, more every day. it's being used now. if it went down it would take so many of the actually useful coins and tokens (like bzc) away with it

I love Ethereum and am a long time supporter, but Raiden and Plasma are both pretty stupid and way too convoluted. I really don't see them helping much.

We

I dont trust this coin anymore. Vitalik is getting tired of the project and it wont be long before he leaves. I would stay clear of it.

>measly 5x.
Man, you should pull your head out of this crypto circus and realize that in real world even annual 10% is considered a very good deal.

It's just a panic sellout since the South Korean government is about to close down several exchanges. And alts are still tied to BTC as "trust of market".

the absolute state of ETHcucks. just wait until XRP becomes #2 and ETH gets replaced by XLM or ADA

What if it doesn't?

Eth is the second most mainstream coin for the normies
They bought eth because it was cheaper and see a better potential of growth, compared to bitcoin which is already too high

>ETH community can't pool resources to get an even stronger, less volatile dev
ok