/STG/ - Star Trek General

Didn't do anything wrong Edition

Previous Thread: A thread for discussing the Star Trek franchise and its various tabletop iterations.

Possible topics include Star Trek Adventures - the new rpg being produced by Modiphius - and WizKids’ Star Trek: Attack Wing miniatures game, as well as the previous rpgs produced by FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher, the Starfleet Battles Universe, and Star Trek in general.

Game Resources

Star Trek Adventures, Modiphius’ 2d20 RPG
-Official Modiphius Page/Living Campaign rescources
>modiphius.com/star-trek.html
Playtest Materials (via Biff Tannen)
>mediafire.com/folder/36m6c22co6y5m/Modiphius Star Trek Adventures
Reverse Engineered Character Creation.
>docs.google.com/document/d/1g2ofDX0-7tgHojjk7sKcp7uVFSK3M52eVP45gKNJhgY/edit?usp=sharing

Older Licensed RPGs (FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher)
>pastebin.com/ndCz650p

Other (Unlicensed) RPGS (Far Trek + Lasers and Feelings)
>pastebin.com/uzW5tPwS

WizKids’ Star Trek: Attack Wing Miniatures Game
-Official WizKids Page (Rules and Player Resources)
>wizkids.com/attackwing/star-trek-attack-wing/

GF9games Star Trek: Ascendancy Board Game
-Official Page
>startrek.gf9games.com/

Lore Resources

Memory Alpha - Canon wiki
>en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

Memory Beta - Noncanon wiki for licensed Star Trek works
>memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Fan Sites - Analysis of episodes, information on ships, technobabble and more
>pastebin.com/mxLWAPXF

Star Trek Maps - Based on the Star Trek Star Charts, updated and corrected
>startrekmap.com/index.html

/stg/ Homebrew Content
>pastebin.com/H1FL1UyP

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/yd83x48r
strawpoll.com/5c1dye94
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Federation_starship_classes
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Illyrian_starship
ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/warbird.htm#other
cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/sd-nova/sd-uss-nova-nx-72228-sheet-4-x.jpg
cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/sd-nova/sd-uss-nova-nx-72228-sheet-5-x.jpg
cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/sd-nova/sd-uss-nova-nx-72228-sheet-6-x.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now that's an ugly ship

>Didn't do anything
FTFY

Reposting so the Burgers & Aussies can contribute. Have some Angela White while we're at it

OFFICIAL RANKINGS

BEST SHIPS IN STARFLEET
strawpoll.com/yd83x48r

WORST SHIPS IN STARFLEET
strawpoll.com/5c1dye94

LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER. ALL SHIPS TAKEN FROM MEMORY ALPHA memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Federation_starship_classes

SHUTTLES & 26-27TH CENTURY SHIPS NOT INCLUDED.

MULTIPLE CHOICE ALLOWED

>Worst Ship Edition
FTFY

So is this what happens when /tv/ refugees show up?

Imagine working your ass off in Starfleet for years. being the best first officer that you can be and being beloved by your Captain and crew.
Then one day Starfleet announces your promotion to Captain and present you with that ship. A first generation Constallation. The carpet's been stomped flat from decades of use, the foam in the bridge seats has long ago rotted away leaving a barely solid mush with a seat cover that has had its color worn off from the ass of the previous Captain.
Your new engineer reports that the warp core is just an incomprehensible mess of patch fixes and strange home made experimental upgrades and the ship's Doctor has informed you that the most advanced piece of sickbay equipment on bored was last seen in a museum.

Wat do?

Basically, yeah.

Kill myself because I couldn't even land a Miranda

Accept it. Everyone's first ride is a clunker. Happens. Also, find out if the Chief Engineer is any good and if he is, get him working his ass off ASAP to fix her up into something halfway decent. Engineers in Starfleet are basically magicians after all.

>Yeager
>17 Best votes
>18 Worst votes

>Constellation
>4 Best Votes
>20 Worst votes

Time for a refit. Starfleet ain't gonna leave an exploratory vessel that far behind the curve. With replicators it won't even take that long to replace most of the equipment.

The great thing about inheriting a beat up piece of shit is that you can fix it, refurbish it, and rebuild it based on what you want. It'll take a lot of work but when you're done it will truly be your ship and not just a generic ship that you happen to command. Just navigate the great river and the material continuum will provide.

What's with all the non star trek posts of late?

That explains it.

How would the phasers compare on at TOS ship to a TNG ship? Non UFP of course.

Non-UFP phaser rankings? We don't really have coherent data to explore the question with. Phaser technology varies in potency based on who it is that made it. We have more data about Federation phasers, obviously.

So long as we got one good replicator and enough energy and matter we're good to go. Once repairs are made and everything is brought up to standards there are 2 paths that can be taken. Path the first is the respectable career officer; do your time in the fleet, get a better ship in a few years and hand this old heap over to the next newb, spend a life time on the edge of the map and if you survive get a golden handshake and a nice beach front apartment on some distant colony world, die and be forgotten in a decade.

The other path;

>Cackle loudly and manically whilst spinning around in the captain's chair
>Order the Jolly Rodger painted across the saucer section and the Bussard Collectors hammered out into the shape of grinning skulls
>Disable some Nausicaan pirate vessels, kill the survivors and take their weapons and cargo and anything else of value
>Set course for the nearest free port
>Refit the ship with the stolen weapons with manual aim
>Replace as much of the ship as possible with simpler but more robust (harder to infiltrate) hardware
>Rename the ship Maxwell's Maxim
>Declare self a Privateer and citizen of No Man's Space
>Operate out of the privateer dockyards of Tortuga 7
>Take on new crew as the old crew retire on mountains of their share of the loot
>Take no loot for yourself, for you the prize is freedom
>Die a century later surrounded by a legion of bastard children and loyal crew and be remembered for generations to come.

OFFICIAL RANKINGS

BEST SHIPS IN STARFLEET
strawpoll.com/yd83x48r

WORST SHIPS IN STARFLEET
strawpoll.com/5c1dye94

See

The thing is, I doubt Starfleet is just going to force you to take that beater out into space. You'll like get some spacedock time, and a lot of what's wrong can be fixed. Industrial replicators are one hell of a tech, and there's no conceivable reason not to upgrade the ship as far as Starfleet will allow.

Which includes fixing the chairs. Once all that is done, she's a serviceable ship. Not my personal favorite, but handle her with distinction and maybe I'll eventually get something more in line with my sensibilities.

Replace the Warp EVERYTHING with a distributed system comprised of reliable and readily available spare parts: two Excelsior nacelles instead of four TMP-era units, and a pair of Miranda warp cores (one in each of the aftmost shuttlebays), freeing up main engineering to be converted to a massive manufacturing complex that a mobile starbase would require...

All this talk of ugly, worthless ships and nobody has thought to bring up this big heaping slug of nothing.

Fuck you man, the D'Kora is beautiful.

It looks like somebody took 2 seperate designs, glued them together and then spray-painted them shit brown.

was meant for

It's still leagues better than these from ENT, since they're just reuses of the dorsal half of a warbird model.

>memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Illyrian_starship
>ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/warbird.htm#other

Novafag here on suicide watch. Why does nobody care for comfy and cute?

There must be something in the water that has afflicted them with SHIT TASTE.

Nova is best ship. It's like an up to date Pioneer

Take heart, Novafriends. Comfiest ship shall always be Nova.

I- I thought I was the only one.

Let us do science. Comfy science.

I didn't vote for the Nova because it's a "best" ship contest, which is a loaded statement from the get-go, since depending on how we define best, the answer will change.

But I agree. The Nova is the comfiest ship, and will always be best in that category.

If the past thread was any indication, the Nova is the least comfy ship for any non-senior officer/crewman. That is, unless you're into hot-bunking and/or sharing a space with up to 6 others.

Let me guess, you voted based on pew pew pew or something irreverent

Nova did pretty well, it got barely any worst votes and is in the top ten best ships... At joint 10th place...

Does it matter? Best is always going to be a matter of opinion or taste. But to answer your question, no I didn't. Because if I had, I would have voted for either the Sovereign or the Defiant in that case.

We went over this, Nova class is for lovers.

>Does it matter?
I would of said no, but you seem pretty hung up on the philosophical consequences of using the term "best"

I think everyone else just voted for the ones that mean more to them. nobody else treated it like the government is screwing you over again

>would of

C'mon. You can bait harder than that.

@55521424
If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything

So what did you vote based on?

The ones I like best.

Worst to 2nd-worst ship coming through

like everyone else did? So nothing was loaded? Geez because that was hard...

Every time I see that ugly thing I think it's a stylised file clip

Well, it's not like it was "best science ship" or "comfiest ship" poll. It's just a straight up popularity contest.

>It's just a straight up popularity contest.
Exactly. There was no mystery to it bud

I never said there was, pal. Only that "best" depends on the person or the interpretation.

Do you honestly think there was even one poor sucker that interpreted it as anything but a popularity contest? I don't think that retard exists.

You seem real butthurt I didn't vote for the nova. You should get that checked.

But I didn't vote for Nova either so...? What? You've been a troll the entire time and the emo shit was just bait?

I'll give your angsty shit a 6/10 since it had me replying in confusion for so long. But fine. I guess I'll let you win your internet game...

It has joint last place for amount of worst votes. It did fucking fine. I'm more surprised there's five plebs who voted the Miranda as worst. That' just contrarianism for the sake of it

The nacelles are too long. I don't think it's bad but I don't think it's great.

If the nacelles weren't that long it'd look like it would tip over. Get you garbage opinions out of here

See I'm looking at the Nova Deck Plans and there are:
3 beds on Deck 1
4 beds on Deck 2
6 beds on Deck 3
22 beds on Deck 4
4 beds on Deck 6
For a total of of 39 beds. If we assume that all of the beds on decks 1-3 are reserved for officers, we can easily state the case that the rest of the crew quarters are bunks, bringing us up to 55 beds. We have evidence that this was to be expected for crew on a non-luxury-liner class Starship, as Voyagers enlistees were made to bunk 4 to a room (we see enlistees bunked up in "Good Shepherd). make some of those officer beds into bunks or the obviously preferable option of a cohabiting couple and you're into the mid 60's no problem. Hell, if all but the Captain, XO and section heads were bunks, you'd have roughly 74-78 beds.
You could, perhaps add another number of bunks into those rooms, or at least a few of them, to reach the stated 78 person crew compliment. Or, perhaps the state compliment is a maximum rather than the norm. You could fit extra bunks in if you needed to but most missons don't require that, or some such.

Links to the top-down maps
Decks 1-3
>cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/sd-nova/sd-uss-nova-nx-72228-sheet-4-x.jpg
Deck 4
>cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/sd-nova/sd-uss-nova-nx-72228-sheet-5-x.jpg
Decks 5-8
>cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/sd-nova/sd-uss-nova-nx-72228-sheet-6-x.jpg

aaaaaad I've spent all this time compiling evidence that we've moved right back onto ship-shitposting. So... still gonna post this, because that's 10 minutes of my life I'm not getting back either way.

>or the obviously preferable option of a cohabiting couple
We established a few threads ago that Deltans and Betazoids work with computer programs to assign temporary marriages to each couple on the ship.

It's been five days but I'mma doin' it.

So basically immediately I see why they didn't want to use this teleplay.

A drug dealer *and* a murderer, oh my.

Pretty sure the comically large laser blaster is an actual TOS prop.

The artist used only paints and no digital effects. The transporter stream was made by dipping an electric toothbrush in white acrylic and whirring it above the canvas.

I've got stuff to do so I may only be storytiming the first issue.

Truly it was, the City on the Edge of Forever.

I get kind of a Lovecraft vibe from this planet.

It's necessary for the story but I think the away team got a bit sidetracked with these guys.

More like smug dealer amirite.

I think this was before Vulcans were established to have super strength, or the guy'd be out cold.

Dinner, board games, poker (pending), last page. I'd appreciate someone continuing but I will later if no one else does.

Nah fuck it.

Gimme a minute I'm separating issues into folders to make this easier for me.

Oh fugg it renamed the files when I moved them.

Firefly mirror universe crossover.

Besieged transporter rooms needs to happen more often.

The artist was going for a stolid expression but Rand looked more constipated.
Oh well, at least she got to do something other than be raped by idKirk, or get raped by Charlie X, or get raped by a PSI-2000 virus'd Sulu.

Harlan Ellison writes such good dialogue.

Fuckin' love rainbows.

Oh fugg, them in the rainbow? Look up the Motion Picture poster.

Spock is somewhat less stoic in this than in the series.

I knew a girl in middle school surnamed Tipton.
You can guess some of the remarks made.

Of course I forget the image.

Having to hot bunk is the opposite of comfy.