Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Imagine...

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gqzqVgvAxaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what was he thinking here

2nd for Night Lords!

For a Black Legion/Renegades list, would it be better to bring Chosen or Rubrics as elites? Chosen I think fits better for a force of old Sons of Horus, but I like how durable Rubrics seem, and there are some with the Black Legion.

As well, good ways and bits to make Mk4 and Tartaros seem more Chaosy?

Why does his shoulder say 'Viii'?

Is that a reference to the 'Reee' meme?

>Zog

youtube.com/watch?v=gqzqVgvAxaw

Seventh for huge guys with huge guts.

Why not go for Plague Marines?

But if I had to choose I'd go Rubrics.

this bitch handling his trusted boltgun like it's pussy

I want to collect multiple factions, for people who collect many how do you pick which ones to pick and what to pass over?
I've got Tau suits, I like 'em. I also want to collect some stuff that plays and is painted in a different to them so things don't get too monotonous (painting and playing)

I figured some flavour of power armour since no hordes please. But now that they've started truescaling I'm hesitant of buying and manlet marines.

in over 10 years of warhamming you end up collecting lots of stuff without even trying

We got white dwarf leaks for october yet?

If you've not see it in the thread it's not been leaked.

Just go with the flow then?

Don't think they've even got around to announcing October WD proper

So what's exactly in a White Dwarf? I keep seeing them in store but it never occurred to me to actually get one.

>I'M A HUMAN, I GOT HOT BLOOD, AND I'M COMING

>I want to collect multiple factions, for people who collect many how do you pick which ones to pick and what to pass over?
Just pick whatever you like, it really depends on why you want to start a new faction: For the hobby aspect, to try a new playstyle, because you like the models and/or fluff, etc.
t. Someone who has plays SM, orks, IG, nids, 1k sons, DG, daemons, knights, crons and imperial agents

I have a job, no other responsibilities and no self control. Hence I have several armies. I buy what's cheap on eBay and I like the look of. If it's good on the table then great.

>7th post get
>post number ends with 7
>my captcha is "GREEN HOUSE"
nurgle bless

Are they already out?
Also, is this what happiness is like?
Waited for 20 years for mono DG. It was worth it. Pic related. Also, the dice are a lot better than I expected. They are empty and the cists and plague shit is soft and squishy, which i didnt expected. Cant wait for deathshroud terminators and plague marines.

>I LIKE TO EAT CHILDREN, AND COME

Mostly advertising, articles from people working in GW, painting tutorials, battle reports and news about the game.

Tips on facing ynarri with my blood angels?

split fire is one tip I've gotten

What would be the opposite of Tau?

And you strip the propainting and repaint it right?

Based. And yes those dice are nice, they don't go tumbling off the table very easily

I don't tend to buy painted stuff. There's plenty of bargains to be had without that. I'll get something pre-assembled if it's cheap enough though

Dice are unusable for tabletop gaming if you aren't a twat.

So question for how units and playstyles are shaping up in 8th.

I want to get back into 40k, but I don't want to play a horde of Orkz any more- painting another 200 of them would be a chore.

What's an army that can be built at 2k with

1. a large centerpiece model, or a pair of them
2. Can have multiple models in it that are on a 60mm base or larger
3. Has no squads ith more than 7 models in them (as 7 models means you can have 1 central dude and 6 surrounding it)

I don't want to play Chaos though, as the chaos players in my area are all massive spergs/hyperactive manchildren and I don't want to associate with them.

What factions would work well for this?

Also, When do we expect the Fires of Cyraxus book to come out? the 30k Taghmata units look like they will be a good fit.

if the enemy runs dedicated melee units don't underestimate distances. 20" between you and the melee unit might be closed really quickly

i got howling banshee'd once when i underestimated that shit unit

How viable would a mostly-Blightlords army list be? Some Helbrutes and cultists hanging back for fire support with a wave of nigh-invincible Termies teleporting in and sweeping inexorably across the table.

How do these guys compare to 30k Deathshroud in size?

I'm gonna use them for all my casting a special rolls

Are they already sold out btw? Phoneposting atm so not sure if they are still there. Considering getting another one or two. Btw, this is what was below the other stuff(and morty, obv). Its really cool, not worth 200 grands as Every limited edition ever but cool indeed. What surprised me are the lim. Ed. Cards, as they are really, really thick.

They are great for wound counts and really important rolls. Dont play competitive, so i dont think itll ever be a problem

Nice my dude, I wanted the edition but I couldn't spend the $200 this time around unfortunately

Nice fidget spinner.

>Imperial Knights
>Deathwatch
>Minimum Squadded AdMech

>mfw I cheaped out and didn't get the fidget spinner

Who's gonna give me shit for using a stormtalon and stormhawk in the same game?

Huh, I might get one one of these days but don't think I'd get one regularly. Seems neat though.

So I guess kind of like GameInFormer but for GW stuff? I remember my dad getting those when I was a wee lad.

holy fuck in-fluff drones must be a pain to deal with

How do you play your Death Guard? Any advices for cool nurglite conversions?

>opposite of Tau
play age of fagmar

What is the triangle thing anyway?

honestly if you don't want to spend money on magazines in this day and age just go on a forum like dakkadakka and check out battle reports, army lists, tactica and other "content". it's a bit more neutral that way

I mean that doesn't seem too bad. A stormtalon and a stormRAVEN on the other hand...

But ya, as long as your opponent has some anti-armor stuff they should be able to at least drop a few wound brackets on the flyers.

Anybody knows when will Thousand Sons Codex be announced?

Mite be cool.

Get yourself a lord in termie armour too, so they can have rerolls of 1.

What load outs you thinking of?

Right after the last announced codex goes on pre-order. Its all pointing to thousand sons in december and another loyalist marine or Tau shortly after.

Looks like a TURN, COMMAND & VICTORY point counter.

OH NO! This warlord titan is advancing on your position. Assemble a dream team to do as much damage to it as possible before it arrives
You have 6 elite slots, 3 heavy support slots, 1 superheavy slot, and 2000 points to spend. You make take any transport you want, but you have to pay the points

I need your help, fellow anons.
There's this obnoxious fluff bunny I know and he takes everything literally.
One land raider to conquer a whole planet? Yes, you need only one.
5 space marines to conquer a continent? Yes, of course. They are super augmented, super pious warrior monks, who know fear.
A pair of grenades on the belt and only a dozen shots for the bolter and two spare magazines? Marines are better in melee anyway.
Marines faster than a top athlete like Usain Bolt? Genetically engineered to be that way.
Eldar even faster than that and Harlequins even more faster and a Primarch like RG even more faster than that? Of course, it's a beloved son of the emperor and GENETICALLY ENGINEERED TO BE SUPER FUCKING AWESOME.

How do I get the point across, that logic or believable war logistics were never part of the WH40k universe?

>Check E-mails.
>Game store I follow has new Death Guard up.
>New Typhus for $34 US
>The Foul Blightspawn for $21.50 US
(15% store discount)
I'm hoping the other Death Guard characters are actually in the $25 range.
As opposed to the the primaris characters.

>realism autist needs fluff autist to be on the same page as him
m8

If primarchs are supposed to be genetically superior supermen then why was horus bald?

CSM sprue comes with lots of little spikes and chains and skulls you can bolt to your Tartaros to make it look more Chaos'd up.

He shaved his hair for the same Reasons Modern Soldiers shave their Hair

His test was too high

Because Lex Lupercal had a run-in with a certain Xenos.

>How do I get the point across, that logic or believable war logistics were never part of the WH40k universe?

Wait, if you get this then why are you so triggered about that dudes point of view? Who gives a shit about logic or plausibility when the whole setting runs on rule of cool?

Its pretty cool, as i said, but not worthy of 200 bucks. The fidget spinner is just a cardboard piece for keeping count of turns, vic points anx stratagems, simular to aos GH wheel or the one found in Chaos in the Old World tt game(which i will never not reccomend). The codex itself is nice, has some 3d texture in it.
The cards are super thicc and great for playing. In the end, you re not losing too much bros. Its the content of tge dex im still masturbating about. Tons if new art and a lot of fluffy content.

What? I don't see the problem?

I don't understand your issue? Does he believe a single Land Raider can conquer Earth?

pre-chaos Horus sounds like a really nice dude

is there a link for 40k novels somewhere?

Also pic for THICC cards. And sorry for tge typos. Phoneposting is cancer, but im going to work si following the shitposting in 40kg is tge only thing that gives me strenght now.

Anyone know where I can get possessed wings for a reasonable price?

All the bits sites either don't have them in stock anymore or they're selling 2 for 10 dollars

Please tell me this is bait.

Bald is patrician.

What about Command Points? Can we buy HQs to turn those detachments into Spearheads and such?

My plan is to manage to get 158 rounds of Electropriest attacks against it because Mortal Wounds Motherfuckers. I can get around 50 of those into contact Turn 1 because of automatic 3CP spent on Stygies teleporting blobs. If I can blow 150pts on two Enginseers to make two Elite dets from that I can autocharge 70 Electros right the fuck in there with Reroll Ones To Hit to start with (which equals 81 normal rounds of combat, so half health), and he'll have some trouble extricating himself from the complete mass of dudes around him. Should be able to pincer him with the two squads that I left in my deployment zone and beat him down eventually.

That particular Titan is poorly specced for anti-infantry duty, so I may even be able to win.

I don't care about his point of view. It just gets obnoxious as hell with this dude. Like a real life Carnac, but even more Carnac-y.
And I need just a little something, really anything to make him shut up.

All medieval then

>4k points titan
>you get 2k points
ok

Typical Awaken Realms
I have a friend who have a huge boner for them.

So grow the fuck up and ignore him or dont engage him with a subject that triggers your ass, jesus christ man you dont need to "win" every argument, you dont even need to argue all the time, be a god damn adult and let things go.

To be fair 2k of dedicated anti-Titan Weaponry is more than enough to kill it before it kills them

Lots of medium range heavy/assault weapons + flails on the Termies. Probably divided by squads so one can advance without losing shots. Helbrutes will hang back with Lascannons + varying heavy weapons with cultists as objective campers and meatshields.

Marine gets poked to death with pointy stick in CSM Dex?
Marine bumrushed and lynched by zealous malnourished refugees?
Imperial Fists thousand-man expeditionary force overrun by proto-Darkmech on Mars?
Land Raider oneshot by Darkmech guns or ripped apart by Skitarii?
Iron Hands convoy loses dozens of men to an assault by Sicarians with supporting Chimeras?

Marinewank always picks the few massively extreme examples out of the canon and uses it as a baseline, the default tends to be much lower apart from protagonists.
Admech player, which is why most of these concern the cogboys wrecking face.

wait, why only 2,000 points againt a 4000 point model?
what is this bullshit? and why the fuck am I so limited in what I can take. Fuck you and your stupid rules
You want to know the way to kill a warlord titan for only 2000 points?
2000 points of only dual lascannon tarantulas. kills it in a bit more than 5 turns, and will take forever for the warlord to kill, because there's just so many of them

In short, yes. He literally believes anything the rulebook or any of the codices say about fluff. Even the contradicting stuff. Like Nastase and Tigurius being the chief librarian of the Ultramarines.

>Like Nastase and Tigurius being the chief librarian of the Ultramarines.
that's not contradicting though, nastase hasn't existed for a long time you retard

The Nurgle symbol? A fly.

Hey guys
What's up with the next gaunt's ghosts novel(warmaster)?
Is it out or what?

2000 points of just eversors

>Drukhari SC! out of stock online
DE getting squatted confirmed

in one of the Megas

>fires of cyraxus

Never ever

Thanks, mate. That's helpful to make him shut up.

December.

I think at this point is clear that Death Guard is an overcosted meme.

Sorry, I forgot to add 'at the same time', faggot

Wait the Nurgle symbol is supposed to be a fly?

I was always confused about that. Like the other three I got. Khorne is a skull, Slaanesh is a fusion of the Venus and Mars symbols with some tweaks, and Tzeentch is a stylized flame and eye. But Nurgle always eluded me.

>I think at this point is clear that Elite(r) Space Marines is an overcosted meme.

still not contradicting faggot, nastase was only a thing in RT and retconned soon after, long before tiggy came on the scene, faggot

Yeah, it's a lot less obvious than the others.

That don't mean anything. The Tyranid box was out of stock online for weeks, and guess who's getting a new codex?

Still pissed about the discontinuing of the swarm box though

Post your dudes colour scheme
Need to decide the colour of my eyes and pauldron trim and need inspiration

Went to their site. Brought this back