TCG general

ITT we talk about TCGs, and group card games. Currently, it's mostly Yugioh, but more things are welcome.

>What's your main TCGs
>How many have you played?
>What do you wish came back?
>What do you wish had a game?

Board games and table tops are welcome there too.

in case you ever wanted to know what there is here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collectible_card_games

Wanna talk to a bunch of nerds at once? Alice Games

Here: discord.gg/MEGakH3 (currently 16 people in it.)

Me:
Anyone think that a splatoon TCG or a deck building/LCG game would work?

1-selfish bump

Yugioh has a containment thread on Veeky Forums. Go there. Pokemon also has a thread on /vp/. I recommend not discussing Yugioh at all out of principle, but to each their own.

I wish vanguard had more of a following. The game has been criticized for its luck elements, but I believe that its sacky reputation is partially due to psychological bias.

The communities both suck there when they are separate, that's why I made this thread.
The shop I goto was going to have a vangard sesion but it died too fast there, what rules there is mostly pokemon and magic

MLB Showdown. Damn I miss that game.

selfish bump

I tried vanguard but it felt too simple. There's only one card type and that really limits design space.

you're not the first to say this

Does anyone remember the old Lord of the Rings card game, before the current LCG? Was going back and looking into it after stumbling on one of my old decks, and even if it wasn't the best it was a really interestingly designed game. I've not really see anything else use the whole race idea in a card game.

Back in 2012 I pushed the game often on here and locally. Never managed to get it off the ground locally and pretty much after Set 5 everyone dropped the game I did pull in because of crossrides.

Took a long break and only recently began in again for pet decks and I'm rather enjoying Murakumo and its strides.

Anyone play Eternal? Only 2 sets out so far and a really really generous f2p model

FoW??

I've seen a few people

It was supposed to be a thing at my store but it dieded

I got another Faerur in my box, so I'm super sad about that.
Gonna have to get singles of Pandora and Shaela support some other way
I really like the game I hope the one card shop that still runs it near my place has people going for it.

I've seen a new release of VS System at my LGS but it looks like a complete release so you buy all the cards at once. Do the old cards have any use?

I have a lot because my friends got into it when it was dying. It was like $8 for booster boxes.

i play it. share the same land flaw of mtg, but does have many interesting fun mechanics.

colors are less flavorful of mtg i feel, and the drafting format is fun but not synergistic enough, i feel like i am just collecting 2 drops.i wish i was drafting only one set.

How they have gotten around that for years is to just give the different units different primary uses. Some are mainly for guarding, others for attacking, setup, etc. Empirically, design space has not been an issue.

One of the benefits of having just one card type is that you can play the game no matter what you draw. An over-separation of card types has its own issues that magic demonstrates. Magic needs a strong mulligan rule, dual lands, scrying, fixing, and a large opening hand size in order to feel consistent. By just removing a couple of card types (duel masters, wow) the anti-bricking features can be toned down significantly.

The worst offender for too many card types is yugioh. Yugioh has satirized itself by introducing an archetype that depends on every single card type (odd-eyes), and then changing the rules of the game so that older decks are not allowed to continue playing without buying new cards.

The .Hack//Enemy card game. The remaster of G.U. this fall makes me sad it never had gotten too far from the first games.

That's called an LCG.

Do any one makes their own digital cards? I would like to make some spell cards for D&D. Share your experiences with software or recommendations.

I'm a bit confused, what are you asking specifically?

well, if any one have made cards for their personal games. D&D 4e used to have TCG cards called fortune cards.

All the guides I've found online have been for Photoshop mostly

Oh man I used to have a bunch of those Harry Potter cards, they were pretty cool.

PS is a really good program, the problem is the curve of knowledge that is required to use it correctly. maybe is time to learn it properly to make some cards, still I wish there would be a simpler solution.
Ty user.