>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

Other urls found in this thread:

whatsinstandard.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Re there any decks that build around rolling stones that are up? (printed in 8th edition)

is there any CoCo deck I can play without having to buy Cavern?

GW Value Town

Thanks for finding my next build around card

Doran decks have been around awhile (0/5 for 3 that makes you deal damage with toughness). Pair that effect with letting defenders attack you get some HUGE undercosted creatures.

So now that unclaimed territory is a thing, wouldn't the best sliver lands be
4x mutavualt
4x reflecting pool
4x cavern of souls
4x sliver hive
4x unclaimed territory

Sure we lose sedge sliver but our mana base is now super consistent

assault formation works, 1 less mana and does more stuff

Doran also gimps your opponent's creatures.

i never got why they chose a white tribe to get pathed ina white card. Put some ugly BR monster.

true

Make frenetic efreet + chance encounter modern legal!

Ive neen messing around with mono W turbofog. Took the blue out of the sphinx's tutelage list and crammed in approach ot 2nd sun.
Some matchups (eg 8whack) are literal autowins. Some (combo, superfriends) seem nigh unwinnable. Planeswalkers are a headache. Timing out the opponent makes up a decent part of your wins. I often feel pent up impotent rage through the screen, the deck can be quite the salt mine.
Test slots: isochron scepter, angel's grace, 1x white sun's zenith.
Anyone got cool ideas for a deck like this? Or played some variant and got stories/ideas to share?

OH BUDDY DO I HAVE A BREW FOR YOU.
Mono defenders is my favorite stupid jank list.

what to swap out with rolling stones?

Celebrating the death of Tron because everyone is playing Burn or Robots locally, what's the best Mono Black Control list avaliable?

use

red

Leyline of Sanctity or Aegis of the Gods

fuck those planeswalkers

fuck thoes planeswalkers, flash edition

Cast out?

Wrong card?

shit thought it had permanant on it

I run leylines, great card, modern seems a little soft to enchantments, helps vs burn which is a worse matchup then I hoped.
Sorc speed and expensive. T4 you'll be facing developed boards and need fog mana up often.
Thought it was expensive but I should actually test this, flash and cycling might actually make it pretty good for the deck.
Yeah I def need this.

Cast Out is definitely the way to go if you want a main deck non land permanent removal spell. The cycling should be very good in a turbo fog style deck. For the sideboard, Pithing Needle is very strong. It stops Planeswalkers, Engineered Explosives/Ratchet Bomb (protecting your Howling Mines), and random combo cards like Lightning Storm.

The critter dies to everything pre board, when one of the small edges is that pre board all their creature removal is dead. Post board he sadly dies to enchantment removal. OTH it might help spread their targeted enchantment removal thin. Might catch combo off guard somewhat...
Not sure about it.

Technically elves, but be prepared to get fucked by chalice.

>Hardened Scales Stompy (humans subtheme if you're hardcore) is truly the best budget shitlist around
Literally no.

>hey guys, I'm going to lose one of the most powerful creature I have, but hey...I've some cool new lands
this mana base should work better
4 mutavault
4 cavern of souls
4 sliver hive
2 unclaimed territory
3 verdant catacomb
1 overgrown tomb
1 watery grave
1 swamp

This. I've got 2x in my sideboard. It's a pretty spicy meme.

Why are these worded so differently? I know that comes into play was phased out for ETB but everything else?

REMINDER, THE BEST UNDER $100 DECKS, IN ORDER OF POWER, ARE:
1. Burn
2. Green Stompy
>POWER GAP
3. Everything else

8wack is better than stompy though and actually builds into a real deck.

8whack got btfo last thread, don't even start. And the only under $100 deck that builds into a real deck is burn.

>got btfo
Lmao sure thing kid

>And the only under $100 deck that builds into a real deck is burn.
It builds into Revolt zoo which isn't terrible.

Oh wow, the four-chan modern general talked shit on an aggro list and now it's DED 5EVR. Get btfo, successful deck types that a collection of elitist nerds made fun of.

>It builds into Revolt zoo
>the only cards that are shared are lighting bolt
Fucking lmao. Also you guys seem upset that your meme goblin deck got shut down. It alright boyos, it's not completely awful for under $100, but it's not great.

Oh this loser. Repeating your opinion over and over again is not blowing someone the fuck out. Stomp is pure trash, and anyone could make a better deck for $100 bucks by simply playing eldrazi midrange until they can afford to move up to eldri tron.

>the only cards that are shared are lighting bolt
If you're going to pretend to be retarded at least be a little funny. Gobline guide and both of the bushwhackers are played in revolt zoo.

Clarity and to lineup with new card text structures

You guys seem really upset about facts and that your meme deck isn't amazing. Suck it up, princesses. Oh and yeah, 4x whacks are in zoo, so that's 8x cards and like 1/20th of the total price of a $500 mediocre deck. You could get an actual tier 1 deck for that price.

>You guys seem really upset about facts and that your meme deck isn't amazing.
You're the one who's assblasted about people calling stompy worse than 8whack (which it is) and you actually get 16 cards for revolt zoo retard learn to count. It's also extremely funny that you ignore all of the points against stompy last while shitting on 8whack. Seems like you're the one who should get over the fact that your meme deck isn't amazing "princess".

>"princess"

You can get 90% of every t1 modern deck for that price. Why play into the hands of the nefarious Jew when the chinaman is here to help?

>It's also extremely funny that you ignore all of the points against stompy last while shitting on 8whack.
All points were addressed and disproven. The only actual flaw stompy has is lack of reach. Whereas 8whack has numerous flaws like no longevity, folds to interaction, creatures are weak, has zero ways to counter etc. Suck it up princess.

>chinaman
Kys chang, nobodies buying it.

Damn goblin guide halved in price, is that only because of MM?

Plenty are. And we're all having fun playing literally any deck we want while you're stuck here defending whichever deck you blew your wad on.

>The only actual flaw stompy has is lack of reach
Holy shit this guy

> folds to interaction
If 8whack "folds to interaction" I'd love to see what that definition is because it's fucking wrong. It's slightly less resilient than stompy sure but it by no means folds to interaction you retard.

>creatures are weak
Doesn't matter when you go as wide and fast as 8whack whereas stompy's creatures aren't exactly the strongest either and nowhere near as fast as 8whack.

>has zero ways to counter
Stompy running a couple of copies of Vines and Blossoming isn't exactly as significant as you're making them out to be considering you don't run enough of them to consistently have one to counter a spell every time someone tries to remove a creature.

>Suck it up princess
No u sweetie.

>And we're all having fun playing literally any deck we want
That's cool Chang, I'm glad you're having fun at your kitchen table, but at sanctioned events your shitty cards obviously don't pass and they're also literally worthless unlike real cards.

Meme this unfinished modern burn deck

3 Arid Mesa
1 Blood Crypt
2 Bloodstained Mire
4 Boros Charm
4 Eidolon of the Great Revel
4 Goblin Guide
2 Grim Lavamancer
3 Inspiring Vantage
4 Lava Spike
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Lightning Helix
4 Monastery Swiftspear
3 Mountain
1 Plains
4 Rift Bolt
2 Sacred Foundry
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Skullcrack

2 Deflecting Palm
4 Fatal Push
2 Kor Firewalker
4 Path to Exile
2 Relic of Progenitus

Ok Veeky Forums, I can't take this anymore. I have been a die hard modern player for almost as long as the format has existed. I have tried my best to defend the format despite its flaws, but tonight I have played my last game of this wretched format. Modern is not a format that rewards you for playing magic. It's a format of 80/20 match ups where everyone is trying to scum each other as hard as they can for a win. As time goes on the format just becomes more and more uninteractive. Over 2/3 of all cards ever printed are legal in the format except for all the police cards that the format needs to right itself and I don't have hope that any amount of regulation can fix it at this point. For my own sanity I am forsaking this dumpster fire of a format to watch it burn from a distance

Mogis as a modern legal sulfuric vortex.

I know this thread is for Modern, but there's no thread for Standard, and I was wondering where the best place to try and look at the post-Rotation/Ixalan Standard cardpool. I've fairly new to MTG, been playing Commander with friends for like 8 months, and want to try to make some shitty TreasureAltWinCon.dek, but idk anything about the MTG resources online and where to find the new cardpool so I can properly try to make a deck.

Gatherer and mtggoldfish are a good start.

git gud

whatsinstandard.com/
you can use advanced search on gatherer to look at the cards in those sets only

Been doing that, still kinda lost in this, since I have yet to play a standard, 60-card constructed format, but I'll try to manage. I come from Yugioh, so I have some card game knowledge but actually dealing with a resource system is still a bit of stretch for me thus far.

>If 8whack "folds to interaction"
You have no response to a board wipe. You have no response to removal of key creatures like loyalist.

> It's slightly less resilient
>slightly
LOL

> stompy's creatures aren't exactly the strongest
Strong enough to avoid bolts. Your whole list dies to bolt.

>Stompy running a couple of copies of Vines and Blossoming isn't exactly as significant as you're making them out to be considering you don't run enough of them to consistently have one to counter a spell every time someone tries to remove a creature.

Lol, "a couple". Try 6x. Also most people don't run more than 6x removal. You're also conveniently forgetting the 4x haste undying creatures, 4x regenerating creatures, 4x Aspect of the hydra that pumps +x/+x devotion, Evo Leap, plus 2x protection from black, 1x flash protection from blue uncounterable reach, 1x uncounterable hexproof regenerating in sideboard. That is WILDLY more resilient than 8meme, you don't have a SINGLE counter, not one. I've got 23x.

Stay btfo, honeybun.

Come to Legacy friend, play on cockatrice, use proxies, or even Chinaman cards

It's a lot of fun

did the stompy v 8whack shit flinging really kill this thread?

new perspectives combo is demi-ironically, ubiquitously the best budget shitbrew in all of mankind screencap this post

>new perspectives
kys. I'll screencap your grave for posting about that memedeck.

>died unexpectedly in his sleep
What the fuck does that even mean? What was it? Heart Failure?

Normal people don't just randomly die in their sleep. The body doesn't go "yeah I'm done" and peace out.

>all cards ever printed are legal in the format except for all the police cards that the format needs to right itself

Thinly veiled twinniger post. Get over it already. Twin is dead and it's not coming back.

Who are you quoting

>Strong enough to avoid bolts. Your whole list dies to bolt.

The point is - bolt is shit atm. Fatal Push is all the hotness.

also lat's look at the goblins:

Foundry Street Denizen - it's good
Goblin Bushwhacker - it's good
Goblin Guide - it's good
Legion Loyalist - it's good
Goblin Piledriver - powerhouse
Reckless Bushwhacker - it's good
Goblin Chieftain - it's good
Mogg War Marshal - pointless to remove/2 for 1 card
Mogg Fanatic - Ok, I give you it. This one is pretty shitty. It was once good but then they changed the rules of the stack.

Are you just salty that stompy has a bad matchup against 8whack? Because I fail to understand all of this shitfling.

Drug overdose obv.

Anyone ever think of putting aetherflux reservoir into one of the white lifegain shells? I want there to be a deck that wins through reservoir.

>The point is - bolt is shit atm. Fatal Push is all the hotness.
That is not a good point. People still use bolt and all your creatures still die to regular push. Whereas Push has to be revolted to get all my creatures and I can still instant speed hexproof then smash them harder or just eat the removal and buff another creature because it doesn't really matter?

So what do you do when they just remove your loyalist and piledriver? Reminder, you don't have guide, it puts it out of the under $100 category and if you do bother getting guide, 8whack is directly inferior to burn. You have literally zero responses for anything. All you got is "i-i go fast ;_;" and not even that fast, you goldfish turn 4 just like stompy.

>Because I fail to understand all of this shitfling.
I pointed out that 8whack just isn't a very good deck and autists had a problem with that. I stated facts, they came back with nothing.

Martyr Proc can get to 50 life pretty easy, but when you can do that against most decks you've already won. Might let you snipe some control players that aren't expecting it, though.

Will Aether Vial drop in price significantly with the IMA reprint? I want to get into Modern with D&T but I wonder if waiting until November is worth it.

no

Reprints always drop prices, mostly the reprint being extra cheap.

For youth people that's drugs. For old people it means they had a billion diseases and they're not sure which one got them.

What do you guys think about this in UW Control?

Just run a boardwipe

I'd much rather run Supreme Verdict.

is MTGO worth buying into? I can't make it to FNM or any pre-releases due to my schedule and none of my friends really play. I've dabbled with the free trial decks and the interface seems clunky/painful. I also don't like the fact that I have to pay to play i.e. no free incentives or quests like with Hearthstone or Pokemon TCG Online.

>the interface seems clunky/painful
i dont mean to sound rude, but thats because youre new.

going through priority and phases is something that is kind of glanced over when you first start playing.

all of Reddit and the majority of professional players will agree that the MTGO interface is on the clunky side.

I didn't play twin an honestly unbanning it wouldn't do much. It would be a massive dog to GDS

>all of Reddit
You would know

Get rid of the black splash and basic Plains before I kill myself.

Will Jace, Cunning Castaway (Ixalan) ever see modern play? I pulled one yesterday.

goblin guide is 1/2 what it used to be, cavern dropped like 20% in price but it crawled back to the old price in span of the 2 months. Go figure.

no

Goblin Guide has 3 prints while Cavern has 2

Please.

no

Unlikely. Most planeswalkers are too slow for Modern's game speed.

The Lilianas play because they both have pretty useful effects (Card discard and creature sacrifice for Veil, Creature depowerment[and potential removal for smaller creatures] and getting a creature from the graveyard) as soon as they hit the table and they can potentially get more value from them if the opponent doesn't deal with them in the following turn.

Depends on the deck. Gideons, Elspeths and Architect of Thought see play on a lot of control lists.

I'm using Xmage myself, it's got a clunky interface too and some bugs but apart from that it's totally free so you can check out all kinds of formats and decks

>secret tech

I'm surprised at how decent this deck is
Went 2-0 against Merfolk, Tron, Stompy and UW Control

so is there anything worth sifting through in SoI or EM or are thoes sets better left not talked about in these parts, i mean i think humans might get a few feathers in their collective deck caps

There's a couple neat multicolored cards

is it better to play bant, naya, or sensneya humans?

Is B/W Eldrazi any fun? I like the looks of that one deck from the Kobe Grand Prix but I'd have to buy a lot of the cards since I don't have them.

Selesnya.

Collective brutality, grim flayer, traverse, some spirits