>DFC Rules and Scenarios
mediafire.com/file/li17bl14bute5ee/DFC_RulesScenarios.pdf
>DFC Units
mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14014701
strawpoll.me/14014700
itsthemothman.tumblr.com/post/165374375420/itsthemothman-late-summer-commission-sale-time
youtube.com/watch?v=z8PuKVqelTg
youtube.com/watch?v=VKtG9fkdmSw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to not let the thread die, commanders.

What foam trays do you guys use to carry your Dropzone armies around? I've got PHR and Shaltari to haul about, and none of my 32mm-scale trays fit well for anything other than infantry bases and light dropships.

As far as I know, there aren't really any custom trays for dropzone, but you can always buy those filled-in foam trays that you can just pluck squares out of to put stuff in.

Not nearly as efficient as custom trays, but with proper planning, it works out well.

Got some Feldherr maxis, and I'm not disappointed with my purchase.

KR Multicase make custom Dropzone foam but only for core rulebook units. Useful, but hoping other companies will pick it up for 2nd Ed.

bump

Hawk pls let me buy merchandise and t-shirts off of the website. I want to give you money

How do anons handle ground asset token glut in big games? I'm thinking about just ripping up a tabletop board game for its tokens at this point, or hunting down small poker chits.

The token and a die on top usually does it for me

Looking for advice on painting the Scourge part of my Commodore pledge.

I like the official scheme, but Ghost Tints aren't really an option (no airbrush). First I was thinking washes, but after watching a tutorial for those, I'm thotoughly underwhelmed by the results. The colours seem too weak.

So, anyone here got any experience with pic related? From what I gathered online, they seem more in line with ghost tints effect.

Or are there any other alternatives I'm missing?

Ehhhh I'm not sure, I think it's basically paint with a bit of gloss mixed it, it'd just end up looking all very shiny, glassy and a bit odd. remember washes can be repeatedly applied until you get the desired effect, and I think youd have better luck with the wash method

For washes, just put a few more layers on until you're happy with the intensity.

The gem paints are not at all what you want to use, like what said. They'd be great for the eyes, though, but you need to remember to base the "gems/jewels" with some kind of complimentary metallic.

Okay, since the ghost tints for the official scheme also go over a metallix base, the gembpaints might achieve a similar effect.
Maybe "pre-shading" with different metallics to give the model more depth.

Hadn't factored in the gloss effect though (quite the brainfart) ... maybe some matte varnish could dull that?

Washes however would give me more colour options and have a use beyond this project...

* I thought gem paints might achieve a similar effect.
the joys of phoneposting

kr multicase makes a bunch of custom foam for DZC, take a look at them

I'm not seeing anything on their site, and I've heard the two companies had cut cooperation a while back for unknown reasons.

Dear /dcg/,
I want to flatten buildings. How do I into demolition skew?

What faction?

I actually used ghost tints with a brush. Just apply in thin layers and you can get a reasonable closeness to the official scheme

PHR, with Shaltari on the side. Obviously PHR is the better choice of the two, I'm just not sure on the procedure from that point.

Enyos are good at demo. It's what they're made do, and they're not very good at anything else. Try 2 or 3 of the things to supplement a normal force, maybe 4 if you're feeling frisky. Going all-out with demo in PHR isn't something I'd recommend, UCM and Scourge are far better suited to that (on the other hand, Enyos are very likely to survive impact with DZC 2.0 with their role intact, unlike the current UCM demo shit)

Taranis are supposed to be good at demo. It's what they're made to do, and they're not very good at anything, including demo. 2.0 will likely have buffs in store for them, but until then do not touch.

Shaltari have Ocelots/Crocodiles with highly effective but slightly unreliable particle cannons, as well as Tomahawks and Caimans with their gauss guns. Gharial also comes with a couple of decent secondary weapons that can do a good job.

Besides mass Katana, what has the UCM got that's good for demo?

Eagles are a big one, they're often companions for Katana demo teams. Phoenix and Longbows aren't bad either. Wolverine Bs aren't what they used to be, but they're still decent.

Anyone played any crossover games yet?

Currently writing some stuff for a storewide crossover game with a dozen simultaneous games

Any new news from Invssion?

I'm still hunting for actual players. But I'd like to try a scenario where winning in space lets the victor deploy a special commander, while their opponent maybe gets a bonus task force sent to take them out.
Seems more tangible than "take control of space and earn a single unit of MBTs!"

I'm looking to help a friend expand his Resistance army so I can use more of my Scourge stuff than the 1000 point games we've been having so far. What's good in that faction?

So far he has:
Resistance Starter
Thunderstorm
A bunch of Scout ATVs
A bunch of Berserkers
The character Skulltaker (We've been using it a lot as a normal one)

I hear Sappers are good, but that's the extent of my Resistance knowledge.

Bump

Moon Victor x Jungle Devil smut when?!

Freeriders
More Gun Wagons
Cyclones and/or Typhoons

Vets in Battle Buses, Thunder Wagons, Mehmeds, Zhukovs, Sappers, and Gun Technicals are also things I'd recommend.

Are Freeriders still broken? I remember hearing some shit about that.

Nah, they're still strong but they're not the absolute game ruining bullshit they once were. Their AT weapons got nerfed and everyone got counters for evasion CM infantry.

On this note, would the flame heavy-tanks that Scourge get be actually useful against Resistance? I love them in theory but I just never find a good reason to take them. Getting him Freeriders, letting him see what my Hunters do to them - or more accurately what they don't - and then opening up with the flametanks sounds like a fun day.

Also, he's afraid of my damn hunters. I'm not sure if I should bring more or less.

Nah, they're too slow and short ranged to catch the bikers. Tormentors are big meh in general, not really through any fault of their own (though they do have faults of their own) but because Scourge simply doesn't need single-role flame. Between Razorworms, Destroyers, Eviscerators and Screamers, you've got the best CQB capabilities in the game along with plenty of short range demolition for killing infantry in bunkers.

Your real anti-evasion weapon is Monitors. They're cheap as chips and can throw out a combined 16 E5 shots hitting on 5+ against Freeriders at good range. That's an average of more than a base per turn of shooting, which is a hell of a lot better than most non-template weapons can manage against the little bastards.

>he's afraid of my damn hunters
He should be. Best basic tank in the game bar none.

>skipped Enyos to buy Taranis/Thors during the WarStore sale
Whoops.

Thors are great anti-tank artillery. E11 templates are tasty.

>Kishvari Sentinels: 42pts
>A2, Mv3", CM:E+1, DP5, CQB1, F4+
>Type:Infantry, Category:Scout, S+C:2 B2B
>Special Rules: Infiltrate-18, Minelayer, Mass-F1
>Discus Long Rifles: E6, Sh5, Ac2+, R(F):36", R(C):12", MF:0", Arc:F/S/R, Special: Strafe, Sniper, RW-1
>*Special Rule - Minelayer: This unit doubles its CQB value and gains dodge 4+ when fighting as occupier

We've got Halo Grunts, so I thought I might as well make some Halo Jackals. Meant to take out scout blobs and infantry. Absolutely pathetic in CQB if used offensively, but fairly hard to remove themselves. Rifles might need to be downgraded to E5, I dunno.

Fluffwise they're agile bird/lizard dudes sent down by their Shaltari masters to do recon and either prep for invasion or just keep tabs on local happenings, operating with no support whatsoever. Very independent and irreverent compared to other servant races, which means they don't need babysitting by actual hedgehogs but some tribes find them untrustworthy and refuse to use them at all.
And just to accentuate their Jackalness, they have a deep mutual hatred with the Pungari. They see the little guys as useless incompetents, while the Pungari can't fucking stand it when the filthy lizards show doubt in their masters.

I'm really enjoying inventing these aliens. Who knew it would be this fun?

I could see a fun little fic about each one rotating from dom to sub as one of their secret plans put into motion before the meeting comes into effect. Jungle devil pushing Moon to play the sub while the scourge hold a relic, only for a PHR Siren team entering violently and securing it and turning the tables, only for the scourge placed poisonous gas to filter into the room and kill all non inoculated people (moon victor being inoculated by a very inappropriate kiss at the start of the event) on and on until one side totally wins. That might be better as a Shaltari/scourge fic though.

No. No lewds, they've already been corrupted enough.

>Shaltari/scourge fic
No. No bestiality.

Bungee did a lot of the groundwork for you already, OT Halo aliens had top tier visual designs that really got the imagination going.

Shame about the current state of the franchise, though. Novel tie-ins were a mistake

Don't listen to this guy

More lewds

All these filthy jellies and abandonists. Where's the love for the hotheaded UCM pilot?

Is 3 Neptunes and a Poseidon/Njord sufficient for a 1500 point PHR list? There's a sale nearby and I'm trying to round out my DZC collection.

Up to about Contact Harvest the novels are top tier and prime UCM inspiration. Anything afterwards is going to be of suspect quality. Didnt even look at the Forerunner stuff because I want my ancient and mysterious aliens to be ancient and mysterious.

>tfw hour of the guard is soon

>there are heretics in this thread right now who don't embrace infantry as the one true path

post army pics

>I don't care if you think you're in the wrong universe, get back in line!

Wrong thread, user.

>starship troopers
That game deserved so much better than it got.

Ehhhh possibly, it's difficult to tell as the meta is about to change. Depends if that includes light dropships too. Next edition puts more of a focus on dropships

>wrong thread

dammit my bad

Freeriders were only broken at best when they had E10. At E9 they were perfectly fine. Currently, they're badly overnerfed since they lost speed.

Also, way more units exist in the game now designed to take out units like them and the Medusa.

>badly overnerfed
Yeah nah. They're still fantastic. E9 alone would have been enough to stop them being completely busted, but right now they're by no means bad.

>Also, way more units exist in the game now designed to take out units like them and the Medusa.
True, and that was really required. Scourge in particular was completely fucked when those things hit the board. Monitor is the truest Scourge waifu.

I'm hoping the Medusa gets to be relevant in 2.0, I haven't gotten a chance to try her out yet.

She's still relevant, she just doesn't play like she used to. Going full superhero is a good way to get her killed now, but if you use her as a support unit with some nasty anti-tank she's quite good.

I'm curious, thread; how many armies/fleets do you own, and how often do you play?
Respond if you feel like it, but otherwise, I'm interested in the polls.

strawpoll.me/14014701
strawpoll.me/14014700

They have the shortest threat range in the game at 9 inches. They are worthless as anything but spotters, and Scout ATVs are much better at that. Trust me, being outranged by every unit in the game while being 70 points makes them offensively usrless.

Some more girls got commissioned

Bell is bae

SPHERE BE PRAISED

Is there a way to contact you off of Veeky Forums for comissions?

itsthemothman.tumblr.com/post/165374375420/itsthemothman-late-summer-commission-sale-time Ill keep sale prices on for Dropfleet stuff for just a little longer

Yesssss bestgurlies.

I really really like that Calypso design. I assume these were 3 full figure commisions huh?

Also, weird question moth, but do you enjoy doing these designs? Do you get a particular kick out of them or is this just work for ya? NBD either way of course, you're still putting out nice quality either way.

I enjoy it alot I enjoy breaking down designs and re-assembling them, getting paid is just icing on the cake. And nah I threw calypso in for free

Just afluent hipster smug enough. Beautifully done.

She's never going to land anything higher than a Director, though- that 40 point jump, you could fit a Calypso in it. High Directors don't give heavy cruisers the time of day, only have eyes for Heracles.

>how she must seethe at that
>better settle, Bellerophon, or risk getting decommissioned without ever being a flagship

>fokin 'ell, they keep wasting money on shipgirls instead of actual ships!

>be posthuman cyborg
>can augment body and mind beyond wildest dreams
>chooses anyway to wear glasses
Truly, praise the Sphere.

Heracles is True Professional/10

What self-respecting shipgirl would ditch a top-tier charm point?
youtube.com/watch?v=z8PuKVqelTg

What would go well as a PHR paint scheme with a highlight color of copper.

Anybody?
I'm considering red for the main body with green for the accents

Accents on the engines I mean, with a mid/dark grey for the main body

Depends on what you want. I tend to prefer more muted schemes with highlights that stand out a lot, so I'd go for a dark green or teal for the copper to contrast against.

Anyone in the Lincoln, UK area? Going to be running some stuff with our pretty established community

Can somebody give me a rundown on how Dropzone got successful? I'm genuinely curious what made Hawk succeed where so many failed. I know it's still a niche game, but it seems very firmly established for a niche game and at 10mm no less, a scale that was practically dead ten years ago.

the sculpts are sex and the guy comes across pretty genuine to me. Didn't hurt that every picture of the models was on absolutely gorgeous terrain with great paintjobs.

Nice model, good rules, competent management, and there aren't really much games in this niche being published. There aren't anything really special about, though the fact that people working on this game clearly give a shit about it helps as well.

For what i can tell, there's also a small but very dedicated core player base online as well. I recognize a lot of the armies at Invasion from their player's extensive DZC hobby blogs.

Speaking of personal experience, Dave demonstrated a strong game with a USP and a decent price range for the number of models needed to play that didn't really take off hugely for some time. It grew slowly, with regular releases of new models and factions, and continued interest in a competitive scene while not ignoring the more casual side of the market just slowly pulled people in. That's been my experience at least.

>make contact with the nearest Dropfleet group
>they're 360 miles away
ROAD TRIP

Mount up in the Bear, user, it's time to roll.

youtube.com/watch?v=VKtG9fkdmSw

I swear scourge troopers have the best aesthetic. I don't know why they have that 3 eye shit going on unless their original host species had that but it sure makes them distinctive even among other geiger esque leather clad evil dudes.

Woah my ships arrived, didnt expect the sets to be so heavy. Gonna build my squid fleet first. Any suggestions for the frigate composition? How many troopships should I build? Have 16 frigate.

I actually meant the dropships, Not troopships

1 Chimera maximum. You don't even really need the one. It's okay for taking clusters in the flanks, I guess.
As for Gargs, 6-8 is a good number.

For frigates in general I'd start with Djinns and Chars. 4 of each, maybe 6 Djinns if you're feeling kinky. The other two are useful, but don't have quite the same utility.