Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Ancient Drama Edition
What kind of performance does your character enjoy? Do they create their own performance art?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0UpZnSjMko4
youtube.com/watch?v=4tvJvh_87i4
youtube.com/watch?v=Fr93X8856Vg
youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
youtube.com/watch?v=HpY3ggKAPIE
d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-aasimar/
d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tiefling/
d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/standard-races-1-10-rp/skinwalkers-10-rp/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/stalwart/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/bolstered-resilience/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/resilient-armor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dance!

So /pfg/, what are your thoughts on DHB's full WotR party? Which would you want to be in a party with? Which would you most want to play?

I will never not be reminded of this when I see that gif.

youtube.com/watch?v=0UpZnSjMko4

Please kill yourself

Storytelling is his passion, but he doesn't have much patience to watch others do it. He'd spend the whole time thinking about how he would do it better.

It's strangely hypnotic.

>What kind of performance does your character enjoy? Do they create their own performance art?
My character is a highly proficient singer. While in the military he became relatively famous for his voice.

graphic design is my passion

Buz-baz puppetry!

What song best describes you? Not your characters...YOU.

youtube.com/watch?v=4tvJvh_87i4

youtube.com/watch?v=Fr93X8856Vg

youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Any games recruiting?

youtube.com/watch?v=HpY3ggKAPIE

Yes, the one you are about to run.

>tfw will eventually become immune to alcohol because of class features.
>tfw drink lots of alcohol because I'm an ulfen
>tfw not immune to the actual alcohol addiction until a few levels later.

>immune to alcohol
what a horrible fate

My characters girlfriend got turned into a werewolf. I can't kiss her mouth anymore.

really makes you think

Furries are the worst.

I'm pretty sure that being immune to alcohol is basically forced cold turkey if you've got an actual addiction to it, considering that it doesn't matter how much you drink you won't be able to feed into your addiction since the effects are part of the addiction.

Can't wait to be rejected from the next game I apply to!

Werewolves aren't permanently in awoo-form. Just like skinwalkers aren't either!

i feel you senpai

Yes you can! It's no different to kissing a harpy, silly!

I want to kiss a harpy...

Just run your own. You're guaranteed to get in!

Harpies smell like rotten meat and blood! You wouldn't!

Smells can be changed, mouths can be washed, and I want to kill a harpy!

I meant kiss dangit, talk about the worst typo ever.

Don't ye worry lad!
Of course you don't want to kill a harpy!
Who would ever kill those blasted super-pigeons, we all just want to "kiss" harpies.
Infact I "kissed" atleast 40 harpies earlier this very day.

Sir, you don't understand.

I'm a Bard.

Do not worry, so am I!
I just love giving harpies an "encore performance"
Usually ends in tons of "kissing"

FREUDIAN SLIP!

Sir I'm fairly certain that you're trying to speak to me in some kind of code in an attempt to assuage my concerns, but you must understand that as The Bard it is my Shelyn-given duty to find every species of monster that is of a feminine form and test to see if it is dateable or not.

I do not even have a means of combat on my person!

I do not know where you aree getting these ideas!
I'm just a simple bard of Shelyn as well!
I just passed through a town "celebrating Crystalhue" with the local monster girl population last week.
I love "dating" those subhuman monsters.

Her ex was a poet, and would sometimes read them to her, so she enjoys that quite a bit. She even writes her own, though shes terrible at it.

Is there such a thing as an Aasimar Dwarf?
I want to see what angelic shortstack qt looks like

Aasimar, tieflings, and skinwalkers can be of any race.

d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-aasimar/
d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tiefling/
d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/standard-races-1-10-rp/skinwalkers-10-rp/

They carry over size, so you could have an aasimar, tiefling, or skinwalker whose mother was a Giant templated eclipse/mountain/rune giant and be Colossal.

These are what tiefling dwarves look like.

Looks like halflings desu

Man, what's the average cup size of Granblue? K?

So due to some casual joking with my DM before the game started, googling my joke builds to learn that there's some form of source material from paizo to becoming more than a joke, my DM has approved me for what is basically a gundam in his high fantasy magic technology game

Only because I joked about my endgame goal being to make some kind of power armor and pilot it like a gundam only to learn that there was a construct rider archtype for alchemist. So my DM is working with me to decide what statline from another creature/construct we should use to even me out with the other players crazy ass character which has 15 CMB and deals an average of like 26 damage at lv 1

So I've been given my 4th level mechanical animal as power armor and a shotgun at level 1

Like where should I go from here at alchemist 1?

Does anyone else find they can get fatigued with the players in their regular group? I mean, they're all good friends, but some of them just seem incapable of playing characters that aren't assholes intent on causing distrust and discord within the party. I'm ok with that kinda character, to be sure, but when it's the only fucking thing someone does, it gets incredibly annoying.

>Anime image
Into the fucking trash

>tfw starting new campaign
>had a chance to make a Not!Megumuin evocation wizard
>another player talked me out of it

I made exactly that in a current game, but, no character concept survives first contact with a group. Do what you want and see how it pans out user.

ah, Evocation Wizards. Fun times. Dropping Nuclear Powered Fireballs never gets old for me.

If you got talked out of it, you were never a true follower of the path of explosions.

You know what a Freudian slip is, don't you? It's when you mean to say one thing, but say your mother.

Oi, mate. Are you onna dem wankahs who sez they's love all,but then ya focken stab em with an axe or some shit like that? Yer a cheeky cunt, ya know that?

What's that from?

What values would have a god with NotRoman values? What if they are Eastern Roman (Byzantine) ones?

"Magic supplies for items are always half of the base price in gp. For many items, the market price equals the base price. Armor, shields, weapons, and items with value independent of their magically enhanced properties add their item cost to the market price. The item cost does not influence the base price (which determines the cost of magic supplies), but it does increase the final market price."

My DM and I are having trouble figuring out what this line about item crafting means. Crafting an item costs half its base cost, that much is clear, but the base cost is not always equal to the market price (which we assume is what you'd pay if you bought the item, so the listed price in the rulebooks). It says that the "item cost" does not influence the base price, and we think item cost means the cost of the unenchanted base item. Like, in the case of a +5 greatsword, the item cost would be the cost of a masterwork greatsword. So if that cost isn't factored into the base price, does that mean that if you craft a +5 greatsword it would cost half of the 50,000 GP the +5 bonus is worth, but you wouldn't add in the cost of a masterwork greatsword?

It means shit can be sold at a higher or lower price on the market, but it does not change the crafting cost which based only around the base price.

Probably East Roman ones. Just Google it

That makes sense but what does "item cost" refer to?

I mean, if you have a character who worships the god patron of Not!Rome in a homebrew setting.

The magic enchantment is independent from the item price, so following your example you'd have to pay 25k gold for the bonus + the full price of a MWK greatsword

Okay, thank you for the help. We thought it would be weird that you wouldn't have to pay for the actual greatsword you're enchanting if you didn't already have one to begin with, but it's magic, so...

One of my players wants to play an inquisitor
I was thinking of them being sent by their church to a small fishing outpost/naval trading post to figure out why it hasn't been paying as much taxes as usual, would that be sensible or am i thinking of the class the wrong way?

Is there a feat to increase your DR like back in 3.5 in which there were several?

Depends on how they want to play said Inquisitor, but 9/10 times, yes, that IS sensible.

Blood of the Beast tells us that the child of a kitsune and a non-kitsune is always a kitsune.

Given a few marriages with nobles ignorant of this fact and some infiltrators with Realistic Likeness, could a cabal of kitsune transform the majority of an aristocracy in a place like Cheliax or Taldor into kitsune over several generations? They could marry off the kitsune children to other noble families and make more kitsune.

Thanks

Except chances are that the child looks like a fox at birth so that's a wholesale massacre. And then of course since it's Cheliax you kinda have the whole problem of devils not being a bunch of dumb fucks so that's also a wholesale massacre.

In short: No, your fetish wouldn't work.

I think there might be one for Skald, but I don't think so. 1pp only?

What god does he worship. I doubt any Chaotic god would care so much about taxes as much as "We haven't heard from those fucks in ages, go and see if their still kicking won't you?'

>Blood of the Beast tells us that the child of a kitsune and a non-kitsune is always a kitsune.

How does that even work with Yokai, anyway. Yes I know "REEE 3pp" but you dicks use it all the time anyway.

>heterochromia
God, that's the most snowflake shit imaginable.

Still don't know, but that's another way i could encourage him, thanks
I'm not that well versed in pf's religions so i'll have to read a lot of stuff, but it's usually the same thing as every other church ever seen in media

if he's an Inquisitor of a Good Aligned Deity, he could be sent to check up on the village, see if it's still around. if he's the Deity of a Lawful Deity, maybe Lawful evil or Lawful Neutral, then the Tax thing could work.

What is that?

I wish it weren't. Sometimes I just want my character's eyes to look like mine, damn it.

Pics or fake!

How would I go about creating my own hybrid class besides the ones that are provided in the rulebook?

I want to make a Monk/Druid hybrid, the idea being someone who survives only off of nature and their own two hands. I'm working on the name The Mountaineer. I feel like they'd have good synergy between STR and WIS with DEX as a secondary skill. I just don't know how to go about building it.

I feel you, man. I too have identifying traits that people would just go "this is a shitty self-insert/SJW propoganda" if I tried to make a character similar to myself.

I don't post pictures of myself online. Not even just my eyes.

Make it, then never produce anything else for it ever.

What do you mean?

It's a joke. Paizo made the hybrid classes, then didn't really make anymore content for them, leaving them with little to no new content. They're just sorta there.

Same here, I'm bisexual but can't play a non-bard bisexual character without someone raising some kind of SJW nonsense.

Every goddamn time.

I'm guessing something like giving up your nature's boon for qi powers, getting unarmed strike and fewer spells? I've never designed a class, so take that with a grain of salt.

Any more stuff from Leak today?

>you will never be a good enough writer to have the thread compliment your applications
why even live?

Because I don't give a fuck about the thread's opinions of my applications beyond constructive criticism.

"muh actual mythology" alternate racial trait, in which the true form is a straight up talking Animal instead of an anthropomorphic one.

Huh. That's kinda neat. Pathfinder hates that kinda thing, what with not having hands, but still neat.

They still have a 'human' form, but it's a foxgirl with tails, ears etc, and only a +5 to disguise.

I would personally like at both the Hunter and the sacred fist archetype for warpriest if you wanted to do a hybrid, as "is a halfcaster" seems like it makes the most sense for that. You might even consider making it an archetype for Hunter rather than a standalone class, though I recommend UMonk-esque flurry in place of copying what the sacred fist gets.

Oh. That's... acceptable, given their nature. Easier to handle for the system, surely. Thank you for the information.

>but it's a foxgirl with tails, ears etc, and only a +5 to disguise.
I know you're technically right, but this still looks like a shitpost.

You must hate changelings.

He was raised by actors, but despite all his posturing he's not much of a thespian himself--he's more of a B-movie action hero than the leading man of a Shakespeare play. He can spin a good story, though, if you let him get one going.

What's the name of the feat?
Ideally 1pp, but I would like to know 3pp too

I feel the opposite

I can't play a straight female character without people getting passive aggressive about not being open to relationships with other female characters

I can't find it, so I'm probably wrong.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/stalwart/

d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/bolstered-resilience/

d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/resilient-armor/

Found these, though.