Map Thread Time

Couldn't find a map thread, let's get another one going.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/battlemaps/top/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's what I got for now, if there are any specific requests I can see what I have.

>4 different people have to walk through someone elses room to get to theirs
>room with only one door, leads into a closet

God damn this rustles my jimmies

What animal is it on?

It's a bit of a mess in some details, but it's nice for the concept, I guess.

I just assumed some form of dragon, I have no idea.

That has got to be some of the least efficient room placement I have ever seen.
Just make a grid or some shit. It might be slightly less visually interesting but at least you'd be able to find your fucking room.
Or do some shit like pic related, fuck if I know.
Just anything but that ungodly fucking travesty.

don't die just yet

Wtf is up with these rooms. You can't even get into one of the room in the middle it has a door that leads into a closet but no door to get in.

Then there's a bunch of rooms on the top right that you can't get into without going through a room w/ two green beds.

Who designed this tavern?

If any of you MERP or TOR niggas really want to get real.

You guys are doing god's work.

This could be fun for a pulpy tomb-raiding adventure.

Fuck yeah, i've hardly met anyone who has played MERP

Imagine how much it would shake as the dragon flew around.

anyone have some good fallout-y maps or sci-fi pulp ones? Anything sci fi or post-apoc desu

Wow, from the thumbnail I thought it was inside the head of a huge statue. That would be kinda neat.

Reminds me of adventuring in this thing.

Any chance we can post some map icons for roll20? It's hard af to find top down icons for tables and shit when constructing maps.

DESU there's two kinds of map failures - 1 is "Things that NEED TO BE THERE are missing." and that is a problem to me. An example is when a castle has 50 servants and the servants quarters have two beds.

2 is "things are slightly weird and inconvenient in places" and that's actually not a big problem for me. For example in that map you were talking about you can esily go "Well this wasn't SUPPOSED to be an Inn when it was built. That room you speak of was the former anteroom of the owner's quarters, we couldn't rebuild it, so it's the cheapest room we have right now." It actually makes the place feel more real if it's not perfect.

Anyone got good sci fi maps or a source for them?
I need a multi floor space garage

Nono, the weird room placement is quite nice, good way to plot hidden staces or earsdropping sheanigans. It's fucking fantasy.

>That much furniture on a flying vehicle, and like zero hammocks.
>The fucking captain has to go through the kitchen to get to the main mezzanine.
>So do the crew from the looks of it.
>That sleeping-quarters layout.

Thoughts on the map for my new campaign? The scale is fucked thanks to Inkarnates horrible update last year, but it'll do.

Looks fine to me

Aw. Why'd they go and tear down the old keep? That makes me sad.

you forgot
>that stateroom without door

I only find one without a door and he mentioned that one

>the path between Drarrowdwelf and Durin's Bridge

Here's an original.

I made this as a moderately prosperous inn in a trading village.

The PCs were a bit slow getting to the adventure site and apparently unwilling to camp in the wilderness, so having tipped off the bad guys already, the bad guys came to them and an epic siege of the inn ensued. I gave bonus xp for surviving NPCs, the siege was mostly of zombies, skeletons and a few Dretches. They had killed a brown bear earlier and left its corpse mostly intact in the middle of the forest road, so the NPCs animated it and it was the capstone to the siege.

The NPCs themselves didn't make an appearance since at the moment, they're not known to the villagers. They might now though.

ok, PNGs. I'll repost the ground floor.

The best grid maps I have ever seen are just screenshot from the witcher game

Post more

just the first two posts.
reddit.com/r/battlemaps/top/

It's dwarf fort on a dragon. Dragon Fortress 2: Revenge of Poor Building Design

These would look perfect if it wasn't for the perspective angles as the pictures goes the edges.

*Yawns

Posting some of my own stuff

Has any of this fractal nonsense proven of any use whatsoever?

fuck off

Not really, it feels inpersonal and random, no way to shape things to your liking.

I prefer hexxographer

>Hey guys look at my stuff. I pressed a button on a webpage 3 whole times.
Nah how bout you fuck off?

Bumping this request. I am unable to find interesting sci fi maps

Anyone have any jungle themed battle maps that could easily be used for random encounters in Tomb of Annihilation?

how about I used a planet generator for a basic shape but then rendered and edited it in both wilbur and gimp but no some faggots posting a shitty map made in a minute in paint or inkarnate is better

now kindly fuck off

Never said the inkarate map was better, just that you're shit, but if you're asking me. Yeah, because at least it involved an inkling of creativity, unlike "your" donjon random maps.

So get with fucking that off already.

>not using paper and pencil
pleb

Oc

>An example is when a castle has 50 servants and the servants quarters have two beds.

The other 48 sleep in a shed out back. The two beds in the keep are either for important servants or servants currently on shift as a break room.

Good DMs can improvise shitty map mistakes.

Completely Destructed

Exactly this. I made my coastlines by splicing screenshotted sections of google maps together.

hex'd version

So what do they develop?
Tell me
I need to know

what the actual fuck have you done with your rivers? especially the left side ones.

Beautiful
How were these created?

Anybody got a fort with maze & water elements, that would be good for sea raiding minotaur?

>Sleeping bag of holding

Wait... Wait! Did I just have an AWESOME IDEA?

No, not really.

If you think it's awesome, then yeah, it's awesome.

Oh hey, I see everything wrong with modern society decided to show up.

It's two 12-store bunk beds and only half the staff is permitted to be asleep at the time.

sorry, I didn't realise there was a committee on what was and was not awesome. if you could refer me to them so I could see if a sleeping bag is, as this guy said he thinks, awesome, that would be great. thank you.

prick.

Awesome is subjective. If he works it into his games and his players like it that's all that matters.

And participation trophies exist so parents can feel good about their shitty kids being shit at everything.

>Words have no meaning, everything is subjective and correct.

Nah fag, check literally any dictionary on the word awesome and try to tell me that a sleeping bag of holding matches literally any definition.

Thanks for your input, random person on the internet's feel feel gestapo.

Nah. You just don't like people having the wrong kind of fun.

Some people think big rocks are awesome. And even if you go by the formal definition a bag that puts anyone in it to sleep would be awesome in the real world.

Just chill out man. We're all here to play games of pretend or with little pieces of plastic or sheets of cardboard.

If you have to ask if your own idea is awesome, and fish for its worth to be validated online, it isn't awesome in any sense of the word user.

Yes you did sir, now the question is, how big is the sleeping bag of holding? Is it just an uncharacteristically plush & padded bag? Or is there a whole Weasley tent of bullshittery hidden in that flap? Does it hold items or is it more or less a sleeping bag that can fit as many people you care to join you in your nightly nap? Like a sleeping bag that just sort of grows as ten weary adventures snuggle inside & sleep next to one another. Does it have a small pouch for snacks?
Best to ignore the faggot

hideous

>pretending I use donjon
neck your self faggot VPplanet or go home

also
>creativity is more important than pure aesthetics
literally retarded

>>creativity is more important than pure aesthetics
Wow that world you sure put literally no effort into creating sure did look pretty the one and only time I glimpsed at the map.
Yeah, I'll take a world built with literally some thought put into it, over a randomly generated image anyday.

I hate this fucking map. It's the worst scaled thing I've seen in my life. The East Gate stairs are two leagues long as the crow flies? Really? Six miles, of stair? If it rises at a 45° gradient that makes that staircase alone higher from top to bottom than Mount Everest's height over sea level.

That's a weird saying to live your life by, but hey, it's yours to live.

Where does it say that it rises at an angle like that? I can't find anything about altitude on this thing.

I've personally always been suspicious of it because it's not like the books mention the "Troll Caves" (why would they have those?) or "The Endless Stair."

This is an incomplete map Im working on for my groups next session, hooray port cities

He said "IF it rises" at 45 degrees.