-Added options for magic, allies, and foes
>What I feel needs work
-Prices, especially the price of things like Curtain Wall and High Walls
-Balance between locations
-The more "mundane" allies
-Goldnheim

Hope you enjoy this!

Nice dude!

i like your RWBY CYOA, but i felt like some of the sections were rather bare and that it was a bit too aimed at preexisting fans of the show, however plenty of it is fine and perfectley usable. so i wanted to make something similar but expanded and with some more sections and stuff

would you mind if i did a CYOA that was based on/rips of/bastardizes/copies (whatever the word for that is) your CYOA?

what are the default castle troops?

>Italics is making two new OC before pick-a-goddes update.
Is this the best timeline?

I keep making builds for cyoas and thinking "maybe this time"

>I keep making builds for cyoas and thinking "maybe this time"
dont even

I'm not even sure why I have this.

*The worst

Do you guys also find yourselves typing like 6 lines and losing interest in a cyoa and jumping on to a new project?

I genuinely wonder where regular authors get their motivation from.

how? its unlikely they will be better than the current ones

no I find myself typing 60 lines and crying because my supposedly short cyoa is turning into a multipager again

New goddesses and complete overhaul?
How can it even be possible to be the same?

I wish I had your curse

>when someone posts your shitty unfinished 6 lines and asks if it was ever finished

>doesn't link the previous threaog

are comfyfags even people?

Archive and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

All the girls are still awful.

the elf is fine

She gets off on people other than you dominating her.

>other than you
she gets off people dominating her- so just dominate her yourself

So? Then she'll go off and be dominated by the other party members, cheating on you. She doesn't care.

>New goddesses
What is wrong with new goddesses? We are still keeping the old ones.

>Complete overhaul
What is wrong with adding new/updating features to the cyoa?

>How can it even be possible to be the same?
Because you can trust Italics. We are also getting two new cyoas by him before we get the update to the goddess CYOA.

>implying
>stretching it that far
people having a fetish doesent mean they are going to cheat

someone getting off footjobs doesent mean they give everyone footjobs

does this count as purityfagging?

Comfy CYOA for ants you've got there. Mind posting something that isn't a thumbnail next time?

>people actually believeing Italics's promises

You missunderstood me. I was saying these things to the guy who thought the update of pick a goddess wouldnt improve the whole thing. Those are hood things indeed

*good

I find myself fully focused on my CYOA and have the concept well clear in my head but for some fucking reason i struggle in writing it.
This is hell

It says directly that she'll like to be dominated by the others.

Purity means no previous relationships, the complaint here is her fucking people other than you while you're in a relationship. So no, no it doesn't count as the same thing.

>also gets turned on knowing shell be useful to others
others means "people who arent her" you idiot

It's this line:
>She desires to be taken by force, whether it is by you or by other members of the part.
>Other members of the party.

Wait, complaining about harem members fucking each other in a very clearly stated Harem CYOA?

It will be point based, because it's too hard to balance book powers against one another to try and make them "equal". So, multiple, but how many will depend on your choices. And there's a lot more books still to add.
Good to know, thanks.
Thank you; I wasn't aware. I will do so.

Ideally, harem members only fuck the harem owner. If they fuck each other, it's polyphelia, not a harem.

Felira (best girl)
Option 1 - No hard feelings. Also, I really want to see what kind of powers I'd get on my own.

Hellish Castle - Solitude and an endless army of demons to fight in the 7th circle.

Fallen Angels - I like wings and mindless self indulgence. Why not!

Valhalla Colosseum - Because if I'm going to spend eternity as one of the strongest creatures in existence, at least I'll show off.

See

Not everyone is into the free love shit, where they want everyone to love each other equally. Plenty want to be in charge of the group and to have multiple wives who focus on them, not to have multiple lovers with their own multiple lovers.

>Harem members fucking each other.
Its not a harem if the harem is sharing with everyone and not a single person.

Speaking of harems. What is the best harem CYOA made so far?

who cares?

...the harem owner?

i wouldn't

If your parents knew what you were they would hate you

Well you're not everyone, hence this conversation.

Yeah, most parents aren't cool with their kids posting on a weebsite. Neither are yours. What's your point?

Not me, I'm a hedonist. Just supplying some basic information on the definition of harem.

Picking a Goddess for shear options

>Its not a harem
Truth. It's a much more open and beautiful, and much less controlling and insecure, expression of love.

>Open love
>Beautiful
Think you're just picking a fight with this one.

>Picking-A-Goddes
>Shear options
You don't need more than one Godddessfu. The more Goddessfu you have, the more your laifu will be ruined.

Astraea is the most loyal + pure Goddessfu and the only option a person should take in the cyoa.

I'm in the brainstorming phase of my next project after pic related. What do people like to see in Mercenary CYOA's that usually isn't touched on as much as they like?

WE

Context and impact of the decisions they make. You built a proper setting here.

In a ton of CYOAs, they go: Hi! You're a Merc, here's $300,000, buy some choices and write something! I think I need to know what's going on and how my choices matter. Choices more important than buying a jeep or a humvee or a suite of guns.

Some proper merc abilities like being able to switch sides without much harm to your "reputation", being able to loot your employers territory without him getting mad, haggle for good surrender terms, good nose for who's the winning side, sixth sense for when it is a good time to bail or backstab, playing dice without it turning into a knife fight after you cheat, captured girls falling in love with you so you don't need to rape them, good eye for who of your dudes is about to backstab you, outstanding discipline to always have at least a few sober guys to raise an alarm at approaching enemy when everyone else is dead drunk, badass attitude so that nobles eat it up when you behave yourself improperly in front of them on purpose

And yeah, as the other guy said, pros and cons of working for various factions or joining conflicts.

A fine addition to my folder.

Rather good.
A suggestion I have is an ability to exchange boons for more gold, for people like me who just want to make a bigger and better castle.

What kind of mercenary CYOA? Fantasy, modern, sci-fi?

Remember that time everyone got upset about Bastet and her cucking.

Remember that time when nobody talked about cucking?

There's options to pick having extra horns and extra arms. I marked down the extra cost and labeled which ones were "extra". Plus having Spelltongue/Spellsoul grants you regular magic and basic elemental control.

I'm definitely interested in putting context towards your choices. Choices should indeed change the feel of something, not just make your sword slicier or your gun shootier.

I'll definitely draw some from your advice. Skills make the character you create interesting, and these suggest character depth, not just traits.

Urban fantasy? I don't quite know if that's the right genre, or the right term for the genre, or whatever. Basically, I'm modelling it on a sort of alt-Earth which I still need to sufficiently flesh out
I'd read the CYOA I posted if you want to get a better feel, but keep in mind that the one I'm going to make won't be nearly as dark.

Sooner or later, anons, surely

>inb4 its that one build for one of those horror CYOA you make out of boredom

Okay, I just asked because I plan to do a mercenary CYOA as well, but it will take a while to get to that. Would be a shame if we had too much overlap and competed with each other.

If it'd be this then I'd be okay with it.

I want to customize my minions/team/cooperators

I'm going for worldbuilding, user. It means more than just a Mercenary CYOA to me, and hopefully it will be more than just a Mercenary CYOA when it's released.

ZBG's Zodiac Brides has entirely plain powers and abilities, but he inserted them into a world where you could contemplate them in a deeper context. Or, from another angle, Zodiac Brides was more than just a waifu-picker because it gave an in-depth context to their situation, complemented by a small ability-picker. I intend to use the world just as much as the character, and the world is something which I know has no overlap.

I mean, I guess so. People copy or expand on other people's cyoas all the time, or at least they used too, so I can't you if you really wanted to.

>ZBG's Zodiac Brides has entirely plain powers and abilities, but he inserted them into a world where you could contemplate them in a deeper context. Or, from another angle, Zodiac Brides was more than just a waifu-picker because it gave an in-depth context to their situation, complemented by a small ability-picker. I intend to use the world just as much as the character, and the world is something which I know has no overlap.

sweet

I think the Damsels and Devastation CYOA inspired by it did that better, but I know what you mean. I have my own setting as well, which will be shared by other CYOAs I hope I'll get around to finishing. I wish you the best of luck and good inspiration for your work!
I hope I can one day use my setting for a RPG, outside of CYOAs.

...Is this a good speechless or a bad speechless? ZBG is named after that one for a reason. He's a decent writer, but he's gone above and beyond simple things like "Waifu Dimension" or ever Archdemon/angel Roommate in terms of creating a setting.

I hope to make an action platformer based on Deepest Pit someday

Cliffside -2000

Moat
Drawbridge -1000
Reinforced Gate x2 -500
Portcullis x2 -500
Extra Larders x3 -1500
Farm -2000
Well x2 -500
Men at Arms -1000
Healers -1000

Mithril Forging
Lor Golgrum

Goldnheim

We'll just sit tight in our well-provisioned home and let our enemies batter at the gates for as long as they want. Even if they should somehow construct their own bridge over the moat and make it into the actual gatehouse they'll find they have elite and mithril-equipped men at arms to deal with. Goldnheim really does not stand a chance, though the castle is vulnerable to digging and climbing enemies.

Some murderholes and even more larders would be nice but I'm really happy with this castle.

>Mercenary CYOA
>Would be a shame if we competed with each other
>proceeds to convinvce the other guy to give up his mercenary thing
>monopolises the market for Mercenary CYOA
this mercenary is my kind of scum

I saved this post as Inspiration.png in the Mercenary WIP folder. That's the kind of spirit I want to live up to.

I wonder which cyoa pioneered this particular genre.

He named himself like that and it's bad speechless. I don't think there is anything unique or complex in his setting and don't get the people who see depth in it. I don't mean his cyoa is bad, but the popularity comes from clever use of basic concepts.

>tfw your favorite cyoas will never become: books/comic/video game/film/or animated..

How do you deal with this suffering /cyoag/? If you could dump funds for a project to an authorfag to make something, who would you give money to?

>to an authorfag
Fucking none of them. Do you think if they had the skills to actually make something like that, and do it well, that they would be here?

Fresh OC guys, just a thing I did cuz I was bored.

Scratch books and comic from that list and then we'll talk.

>If you could dump funds for a project to an authorfag to make something
That would be money wasted unless you were investing in an author to continue producing CYOAs. You only invest money into someone who has the ability to actually create whatever content you are looking for, and I do not believe any of the resident authors here have the capacity to code, illustrate, or even write extensively concerning 1 CYOA.

Highlander and whomever concocted Alice are the only reasonable exceptions to that last remark, but my point is this: if any author here aspired to create a novel, comic, video game, film, or animated short, don't you think that they would already be doing just that? Or at least working towards that goal in their own way, at their own pace.

That's kind of the point, though. Since Mercenary CYOA's are a dime a dozen, I'm trying to make something more than Pick Two Guns, Three Abilities, And A Generic Faction. The setting is the vehicle for an interesting CYOA.

I guess it helps that I don't mind the namefagging, but that's just my opinion.

>Demon (14)
>Strength (Free)
>Magic Affinityx4 (8)
>Flight (Free)
>Lifespanx2 (6)
>Tongues (4)
>Exceptional Appearance (2)
>Exceptional Size (0)
>Magical Cyberpunk Dystopia

Let's see. Giant, immortal demon who has an absurd amount of magic? Sounds like I'll be able to scoot into the high life fairly quickly.

Do people really think of it as Bastet cucking you? It states that she likes making other men feel like they were cucked.

Pick 3.

There are few cyoas that tickle my autistic sense. Recently, it was that chessgame and make a monster cyoa.

However, my beef would be more on which director is gonna take up the mantle, whether its gonna be cartoon or live adaptation, whether its hollywood or japanese, who's the actor and actresses / voice actors, the bgm music...

Too many "adaptation" that the director completely failed to capture from the originals. I fear it will be the same in this situation, which the director failed to remake a masterpiece on par/mindblowingly beyond my autistic imagination.

>Do people really think of it as Bastet cucking you?
You poor, user. It dug under a few people's skins that she would go out and make other men feel cucked, because even if it was a nasty prank, she was hanging out with those men.

>Wizard
Instant cleaning and low-level telekinesis, plus more neat stuff further down the line.
>Improve
Seems like the easy way to get yourself in shape (and not just any shape, but your ideal one).
>Permanence
Immortality? Yes, please.