Which is a more interesting dynamic?

Which is a more interesting dynamic?

>elves that hate everyone who isn't an elf
or
>elves who hate all other types of elves and anyone that associates with them

One on the left needs a better belt.

Other than that, remove elves, they are completely pointless because humans can do anything elves can do.

>because humans can do anything elves can do.
except have naturally long lifespans that keep them looking like oversexualized teenagers for hundreds of years

Elves with large breast

none of the above, the most actually interesting dynamic is elves that are slaves wat do?

Your setting doesn't have witches and wizards?

>Binary choice
Kys

Elfs that manipulate the states and nations of lesser beings are better.

>implying fantasy races aren't all needlessly binary stereotypes

>lesser beings
Lamo

If I can match your population 10 to 1 you are lesser.

>naturally

Given the all-round superiority of elves, they should be the ones having slaves. The stereotypes should be reversed, with elf Chads raping helpless T H I C C orc women in front of their enslaves and powerless men.

>One on the left needs a better belt.
you're right, it's not falling down enough for me to see the good stuff.

>Implying magic isn't as natural as fire and air in your setting

Nigga plz

And then ten militia peasants with bows just kill them.

Because unless you have xenomorph toughness, medieval fights are all about numbers and elves lose that fight something fierce

>if i can divert and convince 3 other fucks with the same population to kick your ass, you're no better than mud

the only thing elves are superior at is being mindbroken in doujins

uh did you just assume my setting?

>Implying ten humans are worth one elf

wew

>Implying they are or must be
>Implying I give a fuck about fantasy races in the first place
It's the binary question posting only retarded extremes that got my attention. Couldn't care less about elves, last time I've run a fantasy game it was 2006.

Well in most settings humans outnumber elves 100 to 1

No elf is dodging 10 crossbow bolts anyways.

Plus if wizards are 1% of the population, that's 1 wizard to one elf.

statistically an elf slave is worth about 9.78 human slaves at any standard slave market
so he's pretty close

Sure did you non-cis-setting lala anti-magic man!

>It's the binary question posting only retarded extremes that got my attention.
I mean is it really an unreasonable question?
Certainly it should be asked whether a species considers intra or inter species conflict more important?

Isn't every elf pretty much a wizard? That has to sleep half as long and lives exponentially longer in addition?
Seems to me that in any setting where wizardry is an advantage, elves would have a huge advantage.

already a thing

>imlying peasants are enough
good luck with that peasant levy when they can just magic you, or outmaneuver your pathetic forces, or just salt the earth and watch as you larger army dies of hunger

Meh, in my setting elves are descended from the children of mortal and fey couplings. They don't really have any "all elves feel X toward Y." Maybe you'd find a village that still follows the attitude of their fey ancestor, but that's about it.

You'd think elves would be the better wizards but statisically they aren't good wizards and humans have people like vecna and elminster walking around.

>Implying an elf would win
100 bolts would kill an elf in any armor less than magic, and we have wizards for those people.

elf meat

A thread about traditional games would be the more interesting dynamic. How many threads about elves a day do we need? How about one that actually contribues something of worth?

I bet you never played an elf in a traditional game.

Nobody plays elves they suck

Bad stats
Bad stereotype
Bad culture
Etc

>posting actual good elves in an /e/ faggotry shit thread
What the fuck are you doing?

Yeah, but you sure have many anime elf pcis you masturbate to, right?

in my settings elfs are just humans
literally a race, a human race, blonde hair, slender bodies and pointy ears, more magical aptitude

Nope humans are all I need.

Can't trust elves or get old with them.

>He typed this proudly

I played an elf! Granted, it was an elf raised by humans. But still!

>this is what niggers and chinamen think

>Roaches are superior

Oh hi /pol/

But I guarantee in medieval combat the 10 would win against the one.

>Elves who yearn to be the only elf in the area because they love being amongst mortals and envy them, but hate that other elves remind them they'll never be like us.
That'd be a pretty fucking amazing angle for fair folk type elves.

Basically It'd go like this.

Naked Elf in alley with club
10 naked dudes in alley with clubs

Neither side can run or be helped.

Round one
>elf acts first because of dex
>hits dude with club, dude taken out of the fight
>dudes turns
>surround elf with move actions
>beat the elf 8 times with clubs
>elf is out of the fight.

Numbers are stupid important.

what if the elf is the DM's waifu

rape.

A setting where dwarves hate the elves
And elves hate the elves more than the dwarves

>and we have wizards for those people.
>humans
>wizards
for every human "mage" theres 20 elves who can do better and still be half assing it

>Naked Elf in alley with club
>10 naked dudes in alley with clubs
so in that scenario yes

another scenario

>10 elves with gear
>100 humans with gear
>alley

it becomes ten cases of 1v1

and elves will win 1v1 just about every time

Vecnas a wizard, Nagash also exists. elminster, Merlin, doctor strange, Abdul hazard, all the ones in disc world, the emperor, Magnus, kaldor drago, Malcador, etc, etc, etc

10 elves kill ten humans

The following 90 humans surround and beat the elves to death.

Or if they are using ranged combat, you can use a maneuver with grants everyone in your squad +# of the people in the squad to hit, which means they are shooting at +100.

Also keep in mind that nagash crapped on the elves who taught him, as a normal human.

The only wizard who's probably better than him is lord kroak

>Nagash
>as do Malekith, Morathy, Lileath (or is she a god?), Tethlis, Caledor I, and every loremaster of hoeth

>surround
>alley
uwot

the entire "numbers always wins" argument hinges on the numerous force being able to effectively use all their numbers, if they cant its just reinforcements- which while useful is nowhere near as useful

You do realize that if the elves cut down the ten people in front, the ten people behind them take their turns and move forward and attack them.

Even if they kill those 10 they are hurt and another ten move forward. This meat grinder definitely leaves the humans at a disadvantage, but they will start seeing the elves drop like flys.

Especially because the average elf will have an 8 in con.

>You do realize that if the elves cut down the ten people in front, the ten people behind them take their turns and move forward and attack them.
yeah, hence 1v1 ten times

although with certain weapons it would depend, spears would make it more advantageous for humans while sword the other way

If you follow the chain instead of being retarded you will see it's not about crunch, but theoreticla real battle where people don't just get hurt because of how long it takes to chew through HP.

>Especially because the average elf will have an 8 in con.
if we are going to be using arbitrary systems then the average/base elf is also maybe like 1.5/2 times as expensive as a human, so its 10 elves vs 15/20 humans

and elves have the most retarded keyword called ASF- have fun

Assuming the fact that both sides are equal. I.e. All fighters in both sides are level 1 warriors(+1 BAB) with no feats. Also both sides have the average stat line 11 11 11 10 10 10 assuming pathfinder race rules.

Elves would have a stat line 11 13 8 12 10 10
Humans would have a stat line 13 11 11 10 10 10

The humans would hit at +2 and the elves at +1

Both sides have leather armor(+2 AC) and longswords(1d8 damage)

Both always roll average for damage and health(4 hp humans, 3 hp elves) and the swords deal 4 hp.

Elves have an armor class of 10+2+1(13)and humans 10+2(12)

Humans will win this fight, as even one hit will drop an elf and they have 100 chances(probably more than that) to hit at 35%(or 35 of them hit)

The elves just lose

These days having played tradtional game seems to be a rarity around Veeky Forums.

I made a mistake and forgot to add the attack bonus against the ac which means the humans hit 9 times outta 10 which is a 45% chance

>implying elves aren't fucking magical
You're a dumb fucking nigger.

>all elves are slaves to humanity, in some shape or form.
>they are bred like cattle or dogs, used for labor, leasure, pleasure, and war.
>because of this, wild elves fear everything else, even other elves.
>lower caste slave elves are jealous and spiteful of the elves owned by higher caste humans.

Anime elf threads attract the worst cancer.

Both, since you're already making elves Asians.

and assuming this is WFB

we will have 10 elves (lets go with high elf spearmen) so 70 and the equivalent in state troopers (12 spearmen with shields)

elves go first with 10 attacks, hitting on 3's with rerolls and wounding on 4's
with the troopers getting a 5+ armor save
elves hit around 8 times, wound around 4 times, and kill around 3 troops

the state troops then go, with 9 attacks, hitting on 4's and wounding on 4's- with the elves then having 5+ armor saves

humans hit around 5 wound around 3 times and then kill two elves

combat res:
humans, II for kills.
elves, III for kills.
elves win combat res, humans run on average- get caught on average

I feel we are really doing this thing, then then WHFRP is the best system to match this stuff.

that would make no sense form any perspective

if you want laborers/soldiers you would want the dumb and strong orcs

if humans are winning its because elves dont reproduce well, so they would be impossible to breed effectivley

>not WFB
why?

i admit that i know elves are dumb in oldhammer, elves demons, WoC and vamps

Well WHFBRP is more lore consistent and warhammer elves are the best elves to do this with.

And war games work balance differently than roleplaying games because they are meant to be played competitively.

>>And war games work balance differently than roleplaying games because they are meant to be played competitively.
in theory that means that it should be more balanced, but WFB elves are broken as fuck

but even using warhammer in any way beats this narrative,since warhammer elves are vicious

I do think that if you had some lowbrow elves and some milita humans the humans would have a chance of winning, just because of how d%'s work

But yea WFB had mean elves.

Thank you for staying on topic

Elves that go out of their way to defend the lesser races, while cheering on their species demise.

The latter. It's more realistic. Like how Asians hate other Asians but like white people (for the most part).

It's all about hate your neighbour but love your neighbour's neighbour.

Asians still see whitey as lesser, though.

>trying to apply shitty logic to fantasy
>trying to apply shitty logic to magical realm
How's your autism?

Depends on the country and person

I just wanted to post that pic, like most elf threads you don't really care about your own question.

im on Veeky Forums so you tell me

In a lot of countries white people are revered. I kind of don't like the feeling, it's like being objectified.
This

>objectified
The fucking irony.

Explain?

>depends on the setting

He's trying to make the point that weebs love asians so much they worship them.

Personally I don't worship them, as I am the minimum amount of weeb required to be on Veeky Forums.

Yeah we all remember that time the Helots effortlessly defeated the Spartan ruling class in battle despite outnumbering them 50 to 1.

Oh no wait, that didn't happen, because training, discipline and experience have a geometric effect on the performance of truth in battle, not a linear one. Having an entire civilization in which every male could quite practically have spent years preparing for war would make any conflict farcically one-sided.

The Spartans where basically made for that job and had a really nice position.

And the Persians had the better form of government. So it was a loss for mankind.

>The Spartans where basically made for that job
and so could elves- the whole "massively long lives" thing is pretty good when your soldiers have a longer time of service than your opponents lifespan

All the humans have to do is cut them with rusty weapons as elves have crap con. Or just mass produce wizards.

>rusty weapons as elves have crap con
either we go by raw stats or we go by realism, no half and half

>Or just mass produce wizards.
That NEVER ends well. Either the wizards start fighting each other or one of them opens a portal to abyss and you have a demonic invasion in your hands or something.

Elves are cats, cats like milk, ergo elves have big breasts.

Logical!

Disease is literally a thing in D&D

And poisons can be mass produced by psionic dudes. Nasty

however getting infections from taking damage isnt- you just keep going until no HP

They also need to hit them. And simultaneously not get hit as well.
>Or just mass produce wizards
I want you to say that in very thread from now one considering every problem.

What you call "bad" I call "acceptible causalities"

Clerics might be a better choice tho

>Or just mass produce wizards.
casters are the nukes of DND

yes they can level your opponents kingdom to the ground, but its really easy to have enough to do that- so its overkill and your opponent can also do it

CAD- caster assured destruction

>What you call "bad" I call "acceptible causalities"
That's a pyrrhic victory at best, assuming there's anyone left to declare it one.

What happened to you during the last sentence user?

I don't think you know my point or who I am because this reads like unrelated nonsense.