Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Toaster love edition

Previous >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

night lords are fags

First for Tau

HEHEHE.
Not today.

Curse you memriposter

Today you must share your tabletops and terrain.

Reminder that Euphrati Keeler became Moriana the black, seer of the black legion!.

Played a three player game yesterday. This is exactly what happened. DG are powerful as fuck. Drone with a lawnmower tore through my berserkers in one turn.

Still looking for recommendations:

guardanon from the last thread, the one asking for help making something that's NOT going to win basically every game. Here's what I currently run at 1500 pts(I've yet to play 2000, but I have a baneblade to push up to that.)

BATTALION
>HQ:
Creed(Warlord with +leadership trait)
Commissar Lord - With Power Sword and Plasma Pistol

>Troops
Conscripts x20
Infantry - chainsword sergeant, voxcaster, plasma gun, 7x lasgun
Infantry - chainsword sergeant, voxcaster, plasma gun, 7x lasgun

SPEARHEAD
>HQ:
Knight-Commander Pask: In leman russ battle tank with lascannon, heavy bolters, heavy stubber
>Heavy Support:
Leman Russ: lascannon, heavy bolters, heavy stubber
Leman Russ: lascannon, heavy bolters, heavy stubber
Heavy Weapons Squad: 2x lascannon, 1x heavy bolter
Heavy Weapons Squad: 2x lascannon, 1x heavy bolter
Wyvern: heavy flamer

VANGUARD:
>HQ
Company Commander: Plasma Pistol
>ELITES:
Callidus Assassin
Vindicare Assassin
Colour Sergeant Kell
Ordnance Commander
Command Squad - 4x Plasma Gun

>General tactics: Keep all the guardsmen blobbed, deepstrike vindicare and callidus to snipe out HQs and bubbles, keep wyvern and russes in the very back, not moving, in order to just snipe out everything

Like I said last thread, I'm looking for tactics that remain fair. I use all the named characters mostly because that's what I have. I'm still pretty limited in what I have access to. Aside from what I have listed, I have a chimaera left to build, more footslogging infantry, and a lot of different special weapons, as well as conversions to turn the battle tanks into demolishers. My locals is pretty diverse, ranging from marines and CSMs to eldar, nids, genestealers, and orks, as well as a SoB player, some chaos daemons, and a DE player.

Source?

Does any one have The Emperors watchers pdf or Epub? I've looked at the megas but can't find anything.

Thanks so much to anyone who has it :)

I mean watchers of the throne: the emperors legion.

Sorry

I like it. Go and conquer

Er ya go.

>Trail of Chimera Tears.jpg

They are not the same Unit. The one in the Index doesn't have the Disgustingly Resilient rule.

I don't want to 'conquer' though. I want an actual chance of losing. I like earning my wins. Shit, my main army is dark eldar.

Must be a tau player

Magical realm? For whom, the Tau? because you don't have jack all for cover.

Helbrutes with Las + Missiles seem to be better at anti-tank? Especially if you can pull out Fire Frenzy

Thank you kind user.

>No, hazard stripes were common for everyone in the older editions, then the Iron Warriors had to put them everywhere to warn others of their autism.

Where da cover at buddy ?

It's just a saying. So go play some games. Report back with pictures.

So what's the final verdict on Codex Admech, now that we can see it in its full glory?

>Both were crucial in the ascension of the Emperor's cult of divinity
>Both believe in the Emperor's divinity
>Moriana was one of the first Inquisitors, Keeler was around when Malcador chose the first Inquisitors
>Both were seers with uncanny precision

Coincidence? I think not!.

I'm currently sitting about 8-1, and my only loss was due to playing Open War and getting really unlucky against crons.

Admeh

Shit.

>Missile launcher on a Helbrute

I never thought I'd see this much retardation.

>Today you must share your tabletops and terrain.
>your
Isn't that the store's terrain?

Finally, someone other than me that actually has a table!

Wait for pic related for a proper Admec army book

Am I the only one who wish for female IG minis to be a thing in the future ?
they're here in the fluff, but not on the tables, and that's a bit sad.

They are both 8PL and 146pts with an option to take wings for +1PL. So it stands to reason a nurgle demon prince with wings will cost the same amound of points. 170pts

No, the plague crawler has better weapons than a las+missiles and costs about the same, while being more resilient.

I'm dumb

Moriana was rumored to be one of the first Inquisitors. Exactly how accurate these claims are is unknown.

Just buy some headswaps. Their clothing is so baggy that you couldn't tell the difference based on their body shape anyway.

Yes I agree, it's logical that they do it that way. But until they officialy FAQ it it's a houserule and my LGS doesn't allow it.
This is why I wanna know when will they publish the FAQ

No Mechanicum in 40k till Tau Codex(optimistic).

>my LGS doesn't allow it.
Sounds like you need a new LGS or play PLs

How do I build an HQ unit with maximum fire power for Space Marines? I want something that could tote the biggest guns possible for an HQ choice.

why?
whats so bad about that.
helbrutes are too slow to get into the melee they want anyway

not happening any time soon but you'll get your transports before plastic sisters

a few minis here and there exist.
the penal legion metal box has 2
there is a catachan with grenade launcher
some rogue trader minis exist, but they look shit

and soon house escher from necromunda will allow you to make some aswell

from my 4way game featuring baneblades on each side
my baneblade took on a horde of purestrains with a broodlord

Check out the retards who think the table is fully set for a game. Plenty of pieces on the shelves ready to go.

>Isn't that the store's terrain?

It's my friend's basement, so no.

Is it me or do dedicated transports (at least for orks) cost far too many points? A suicide/distraction unit like trukkboyz or a MANz missile is now so significantly expensive it's just not worth it in most cases

It's also fucking expensive. A squadron of them is 426pts, for that price, why not just take a pair of laspred ? You get more fire power at longer range for less points. I feel that they could have pushed the plague crawlers just a little bit more. Droping them by 10points and making giving their Bile spit +1S

Right. I forgot one of the weapons.

For a 15 point difference I am curious to why they even included the Helbrute without DR or an invlun save.

It does have 3+ bs instead of 4/5, but I haven't done the math there.

Is it worth giving skitarii alphas a melee weapon, or should I just accept that once a CC unit has hit them it's all over and save the points?

>It's my friend's basement, so no.
In that case, that's awesome!

And another one!

Normally asking for people to post tables gets nothing round here...

the second option

Everybody has a default vanilla melee weapon

Plasma Gun or Blight Launcher?

They have an 8 inch move.

In death guard in particular, you can move and shoot without penalty, so nothing keeping you from taking a lascannon.

So, my FLGS is holding a neat event in October. You build a space marine scout with up to 100 points of ANY gear you want, from any codex or index (so long as it is modeled on the mini) and see how many poxwalker zombies he can kill before he goes down. Other limitations: no Fly keywords and up to 3 pieces of 0-point gear. So, no jumppack and no 20 bolt pistols. Seems anything else is available, including relics and the like.

There's nothing super major on the line - it's mostly for fun - but it got me thinking. At first I considered a storm shield, two lightning claws, two assault cannons and a heavy flamer, but that's just from the Space Marines armory. What do you think would be effective to use and/or cool to model?

Sgt Chronus in a Land Raid Crusader/Predator

Tau fucking suck.

GW ruined my army, now I'll ruin them.

Watch this space.

Ok, thanks.

You know what I meant you big silly.

As many flamers as possible

2 Grav Flux Bombards.

Here comes another out of control multi-state wildfire.

Hey guys

I was building my Grey hunter squad and on my last guy (armed with chainsaw/plasma pistol) I was out of right arms holding chainswords.

So I basically cut a chainsword off the left arm, removed the hand and glued it to my guys side. I gave my mini one arm holding a plasma pistol and one arm holding a bolt pistol.

Would I be ok to field this on the table? The dual wielding is purely for looks and hes holding a plasma pistol which is his actual weapon.

I hope the fumes kill you gue'la

>wildfires were just t'au players destroying their armies

really makes you go hummmm

Why not cut the sword of the left hand and glue it to the BP hand?

I just thought it would look cool

Exactly 100 points, this checks out.

Do it faggot

Just wait till Chapter Approved gives us Sept Tactics, and we get to shoot our pulse blasters in melee.

What's a good bird that's considered girly but is really badass? I'm working on Pink Space Marines and I want them to be fabulous badasses.

Wow that doesn't help the suit armies everyone owns at all.

>Foul Blightspawn is 25$ monopose shit with no option
>Tallyman will certainly be the same

I'll just make my own from a regular plague marine I think.
What's the best option to make the scroll and the abacus outside of getting gud at green stuff ?

peacocks?

>Chapter Approved gives us Sept Tactics

You aint getting shit until your codex arrives, CA will probably have special rules for certain armies but not subfaction rules or stratagems.

Sorry but it is rather difficult to feel any measure of pity for Taufaggots.
Maybe if the Tau models turn out to be bought before 5th edition and are all lovingly painted that I will feel a little sad for you ... But we all know Tau players with that level of dedication would not throw a tantrum like you're doing.

>Pink
>Girly but badass bird

Flamingo, dumbass.

plague crawler is cheaper than a quad las pred which trades a reduced wounding capability for increased resilience.

You get +1T, +1W, a 5++ and a 5FNP

Twin las pred = .021 dmg per point
quad las pred = .032 dmg per point
plague crawler = .027 dmg per point

against rhino hulls, when things start to get T 8, it swings in the preds favor

or swans

>drinking hey yalls

Good God.

There's not a creature alive that thinks the cassowary is girly. Because the cassowary gutted them.

That's not a girly bird at all, those are merciless killing machines that would even put marines to shame.

actually no, i just ran the numbers and it evens out between the twin las pred and plague crawler at T8.

Quad las still sits at being 50% more efficient though, but i'd rather have the invul and fnp. YMMV

Still not really a stronger argument for it, when the enemy is going to target other tough stuff in your army anyway.

Bought the SC Skitarii Box Today, Don't know which Weapons to give the Dunecrawler and whether I should go for Scouts of Vanguard.

>other tough stuff in your army anyway

There isn't anything tougher in the codex.

>suit armies
You chose a vanity army, bro. That shit's on you.

(me)
besides mortarian

GW is laughing that they sold you product, which you will inevitably replace with more product since you destroyed it like the mouth-breather you are.

I'd like to add a detachment of Daemons to support my Death Guard because Nurglings' "Mischief Makers" rule is sure to help with objectives and the army's slow movement speed. The Nurglings in the Index are 2 points more expensive than the DG codex though. I just want to confirm I use the Index points cost, right?

My good sir
do you happen to have any unpainted riptide$ you'd be willing to part with

You use the codex point values.

3, probably.

But they're already slag

Why would they post different values in a newer book if you're not supposed to use them?

Yes.

Hey /40kg/ is it OK if I post my 40k 3d renders here? Want input on accuracy