boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/48920008/#48920206
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/53863495/#53863495
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/53181753/#53181753
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/52391974/#52391974
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/51412585/#51412585
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/54164045/#54164045
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Veeky Forums.org/rules#tg

>1. Board games, paper games, war games, card games, etc. go here!

Tabletop RPGs usually, through virtually RPGs are also accepted. Anything WH40k or DnD related is accepted I suppose.

To be frank, the only reason I got into all this WH40k stuff was because Dawn of War 2 was 75% off on Steam.

I know reading the rules is not cool these games, but...
>Board games, paper games, war games, card games, etc. go here!

Sometimes I feel like Veeky Forums should be renamed to Tabletop Games.

But, user...

Does that not include using online services like Roll20 to play RPGS then?

Larping counts too, though. That (usually) isn't contained entirely on top of one table.

Though I've seen it done.

Those count.

But you'll often see anons here claim the word "etc." in the rule means LITERALLY EVERYTHING.
The topic of the board is "everything", so logically nothing is off topic, and it is impossible for a thread on Veeky Forums to be deleted for being off topic. It has never happened, not once.

>etc
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/48920008/#48920206

You can throw this in the "People trying to make a meme out of a lie" pile.

You're really obvious, man. Your threads get deleted because you make them in bad faith. Everyone can clearly see it, including the mods and janitors.

And boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/53863495/#53863495 was made in good faith?
And boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/53181753/#53181753 was made in good faith?
And boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/52391974/#52391974 was made in good faith?
And boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/51412585/#51412585 was made in good faith?

Basically any game that's not a videogame or a sport.

Veeky Forums's secret board name is "not vidya".

Except when it is vidya

>that's not a videogame
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/54164045/#54164045

whatever the mods feel like

>1. Board games, paper games, war games, card games, etc. go here!
a. So long as they are not actually played, of course, that's what /qst/ is for.

FATAL

Pretty much anything that people want to have a reasonable discussion about is allowed here. I am continually amazed by what I see talked about when a thread goes off topic

The best conversations on any board are the threads that are off topic enough to bring in people from other boards while still being relevant enough for some butthurt janitor to not immediately 404.

It's why Junji Ito threads are so great on /v/, it's why the storytime threads for the Sonic the Hedgehog comic went so well on /v/, and it's why Lego Quest was the GOAT back when quests were allowed on Veeky Forums.

When you keep a board 100% on topic, you'll basically stagnate in time because there's only so many conversations you can make about, for example, D&D, WH40K, MtG, etc. before people start to get bored and shitposters start saying stupid shit for (you)'s.

Seriously, make a thread about D&D (the tabletop game) and D&D (the cartoon) and see which one will end up with better discussions in the end.

Western Comics featuring Giantesses

To be honest OP, anything and everything's allowed on the board, so long as you make sure to preface each and every topic with a prompt that relates it to tabletop gaming.

For example, "How do I turn Dark Souls into a D&D game." Now, most of the responses you'll get will be shitposting, but if you play your cards right, you can end up with a decent Dark Souls thread, even if it doesn't last all that long.

Arguing about the economic policies of fantasy settings, and thier impacts on the socio-political intrigue involving royalty marrying monstergirls

>"How do I turn Dark Souls into a D&D game."
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/54164045/#54164045 did not write that and it was not deleted, so no, it's never about the content of the OP.

>and it's why Lego Quest was the GOAT back when quests were allowed on Veeky Forums.

Thanks user!

It's still going, just not as many players.

"Traditional Game" is less about the games and more about the people who populate said games.

The sad truth is that nobody really gives a fuck about traditional games and generally only use it as a means to hang out with friends. It's a relatively cheap hobby considering you can download pdfs and dice rollers for free and you can run it with 0 prep time if you're swamped with more important shit.

The only downside is that the fanbase for tabletop games are socially retarded autists, but that's no problem if you have friends who are interested in playing.

Technically anything and everything.
If you want to be specific:
>Board Games
>Card Games
>Tabletop games (this mostly covers things not an standard board, think Warhammer)
>Pen and Paper games (most RPGs kind if fall under this)
>Any other game that does not require much physical activity (aside from the uncommon LARP) and is also not a video game.
Threads involving world building, literature, and art are also allowed if they can someway be connected to the above.
You also occasionally get stuff and storytimes for relevant media.

>What's allowed here?
Honestly, almost anything. Veeky Forums discusses the most tangential shit and gets away with it because the mods are pretty chill. This isn't a bad thing, mind you. To be perfectly honest, Veeky Forums will have better discussion on nearly any topic so long as it isn't painfully obvious it doesn't belong here. Try discussing Star Wars on /tv/, Dark Souls on /v/, or Konosuba on /a/. I'd sooner pull my teeth out than do any of that.

>board culture shitpost
>legitimate shitpost
>bait thread about something widely discussed in fantasy media, including traditional games
>worldbuilding and discussion about something widely discussed in fantasy media, including traditional games

hmm