Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1760: Ain't Like That Now Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TqZboetruwS202UE93N3VjLTA/view?usp=sharing
s1.zetaboards.com/Conceptual_Evolution/topic/5745788/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=IkoidwsLXCg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Except it do be like it is.

Is it a sign of a new vegas jump coming soon.png?

Do you let your waifus see other people?

I was just about to make this same post.

NTRfags are first on the day of the rope.

Bane Jump when?

No, I blind them. The look on their faces when they feel the men I'm having fuck them that night is priceless.

Looks good to me.

Also thank you for including cheat codes in both this and A Super Mario Thing. I love the concept of having those as an actual superpower.

Only if they share with the rest.

So in the last thread, I brought up the idea of a the Future is Wild jump but wasn't sure how to proceed. I did think it would make a better gauntlet than jump though.

It was suggested that it take from some of the children's tv series in that it would be about the jumper trying to set up a colony in the strange new world.

I've written up a short doc for it, changed it to "Speculative Evolution" as I added After Man: A Zoology of the Future to it as well and the New Dinosaurs.

So this is very very far from complete and to be honest, I'm open to completely reworking this after critiques and suggestions.

how often do you grant wishes or offer your services to some random person, because you're bored?

I like to pretend i'm a genie giving some guy who found my lamp 3 wishes
Or a demon/guardian angel bound to them

Getting real sick of your shit, Satan.

Before, I've asked you for your one-sentence summaries of your Jumpers. Got a lot of those.

Then came Companions - didn't get very many of those.

Now let's try this:

Give me a one-sentence summary of your giant robot or iconic weapon, /jc/.
And no, not that kind of "weapon" ya perverts.

All the time. If the MC doesn't either have a magic item or a new magic system to use by the time their first adventure gets properly started, I have clearly screwed up.

>see other people?
I get to fuck them first, she gets the leftovers

You added After Man and The New Dinosaur, too? Oh shit, user, you are the BEST. Time to get my Dougal Dix on.

>After Man

What was that other book? The one with the Qu and such?

Pretty often.
That's basically what i built for in Generic Creepypasta - Ritualist, Myth, Demograph and Avatar so people can contact me/an avatar via ritual and i know if they deserve my help.

Available services range from advice to healing to magical gear (usually on loan only) to direct combat assistance - prices depend on how much i like the petitioner and what they're asking for.

>not using Mated Pair from Crash to make these hoes loyal

Alright fine, I'll be honest.

When I find my waifu in the chain, all other lovers fall to the wayside for both of us. I put a ring on it and we make an actual attempt at forever.

I've yet to have a marriage last more than a few hundred years.

Man after Man. That one got...weird. In the context of a magical fiction, it wouldn't have been bad but for a speculative evolution book, it was terrible. I decided it was best not to include it.

Quite a lot as of late. In Evangelion, I made a deal with Shinji to become his Stand, because I thought it would be funny. In Batman: The Animated Series, I was one of Selena's cats, specifically a Monster Cat. And in Undertale I worked as Frisk's guard, keeping her safe.

You DID take perks for this shit right? Or did you shoot yourself in the foot?

Oh man, I am never not going to spend the CP to get option 8 on my location roll. Any SpecEvo setting I want? Yes, awesome, I'm headed to Serina. You ever read that one? It's a world that's been terraformed with a very limited number of creatures, and then it explores how they speciate and diversify to fill available niches. Right now it's around 225 million years into its evolutionary history, and it's gone wild. Three-legged pseudo-mammals descended from mudskippers, birds that have amphibian-style infant stages as fish-like animals before mutating into flyers, aquatic bamboo jungles inhabited by hives of sea-dwelling ants...it's awesome.

Other people? Here there is only me, myself, and I.

Aw, I want to slaughter the Qu.

I want an honest, natural relationship where neither of us are forcing it using magic or divine fiat.

Very much shooting myself in the foot, I think.

Are you referring to The Great Race scenario? In that case, yes; I decided to make that scenario in part as a tribute to the Donkey Kong racing games, both those that we got to play and those that remain lost in the void of "what if?".

And even without going for the scenario and its prize, you can try out some racing for some fun if you feel like it.

And since there wasn't much after my last post in the previous thread, here's the link to the latest version of my DKC jump again:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TqZboetruwS202UE93N3VjLTA/view?usp=sharing

A giant megaphone-come-energy sword.

No, the Qu are from All Tomorrows. Man After Man has an entirely different set of weird post-human evolutionary descendants.

Magitech sapient Big Zam who enjoys having someone pilot her roughly and without a care for her wellbeing more than most people are comfortable with.

Alternatively, depending on what you consider a weapon: 72 Demon Gods.

Why is this guy half and half, he is the most over hyped faggot god I know of.

So long as it doesn't include magic or a human equivalent, go crazy. And if enough people want, I can drop the second requirement.

I figured that I hadn't heard of every SpecEvo setting so which is why I included that option.

Whatever happened to the Spore jump?

"The Black Iron Fortress, that wields power to surpass both God and the Devil."

Yeah, I made Mazinkaiser.

Oh damn, my bad. Let me google it then. I still hold that Man After Man was funky as shit.

>Why is this guy half and half,
To reflect duality, which is his main theme. Sotha Sil accepted the curse of Azura because he was guilty, Almalexia rejected it completely and turned back Chimer because she's a cunt, and Vivec went all half and half because he's a huge faggot and likes the aesthetic.

The bigger question is which side of him has the dick, and which has the vagina. 'cause Vivec is a hermaphrodite.

As a jumper, it is your duty to modify yourself to best suit your needs. You do it for literally everything else, so not doing something for yourself isn't honest, it's stupid. Stop being stupid.

No argument there, SpecEvo user. And the Qu still would be exempted under the "no sapients" clause. I'm just pedantic.

Well, there won't be any cost if it's permanent.

Sure.

Nope. If you go True Hero route, you gotta succeed. That said, you can bring one back to life and continue.

I have one semi planned for Egyptian servants and I want to do one for Gil's era, though I don't have much of an idea for the latter yet.

Well, they're still getting petals from their throat.

Just direct powers that they possess themselves. If it was some temporary empowerment, exteranl empowerments like exaltations or something truly unique to themselves like some sort of metaphysical position (Being the chosen one), it wouldn't be passed down

Yup. You can gain as many rewards as you can satisfy the conditions for, just note that some are very hard or even exclusive.

It would but it'd still follow the same limitations. On the other hand, who knows what fully mastering it might do beyond just awakening or whatever.

A back mounted miniaturized but shorter range anti son of a bitch hula hoop machine.

The Titanomachy,but it's a strap on

Anyway, small update to Shin Godzilla

Drop in note.
Shin Godzilla companion corrections.
Corrections to how a few items work, like the nuke one.

I am not in a long-term relationship with any of my companions. I mean, other than the fact that they are my companions. It's more of a semi-abusive familial relationship.

So, like, I'm not fucking anyone. But that doesn't mean that they're not allowed to fuck people, if that's what you're asking.
If I said something like, "I'm not really interested in sex, so that means NONE OF YOU CAN HAVE SEX", that seems like it'd be really mean?

I honestly don't really keep track of what they're doing.
As a writer, this just means "It probably happens sometimes?", and I find it completely uninteresting to think or write about.

Regardless,
No one is allowed to leave.

Lagann-Type Spittle Runner doubles as a Danmaku firing Wily Saucer.

Hey, Val. What're the benefits of picking up both Kyotouryu and "New Sword Style" in Katanagatari?
I'm not quite sure where they differentiate or overlap.

So what is your favorite jump?

Never heard of it before, but I'm definitely going to go check it out now.

Kyotouryu has training benefits and allows you to eventually get as strong as Shichika/Red Beast via training, while also being a pretty lethal martial art on it's own. New Sword Style doesn't include that stuff but takes the Sword to Unarmed stuff way way further.

Could somebody please post the Traveler's Gate jump?
I'm posting with a four year old laptop tethered through a six year old phone's data, so I can't access the drive.

Nanoha. The wolkenritter are nice.

Here, have a link: s1.zetaboards.com/Conceptual_Evolution/topic/5745788/1/ It's neat stuff, starts out pretty mundane ("These birds have evolved into...slightly larger birds") but gets really cool around the time that ant-tree symbiosis evolves.

I don't know what this is but okay.

I have a mound of Fate/ centered autistic writing from every single jump, and Grand Order is driving me to drink. I love it.

>that seems like it'd be really mean?
didnt you once say you tortured them for trying to leave or upstage you?

And here is some sort of supplement. Good luck with your machine from the past.

Sure, why not.

You know that "Conduit" CYOA, where you're a dimensional traveler that bonds with the essence of weird parallel realities to gain power? Imagine that as a novel series. All mages are summoners, essentially, though many can summon abstract principles of the worlds they visit instead of creatures or items. Neat premise, the Territories and the magic they provide are all pretty cool. Plot's a bit cliche-bound, but it does try to subvert those cliches. Like, the "Chosen One" turns out to be kind of a fuckup because he just assumes that protagonist power will see him through to the best ending, which winds up leaving a huge mess behind for the actual main protagonist to deal with.

not him, it is a setting where the main plane of existance is connected to like 8 different side planes that certain people can open gateways into.

Thank you!
Traveler's Gate is a fantasy trilogy by Will W-something. It's pretty decent, I really appreciated the humor. Very decent setting, and powers, even if t feels like the world is a bit small, and both mundane and fantastical aspects of it could use some more fleshing out, but it's good for what it is.
I'd recommend, since reading through the trilogy took me about two days, interrupted.

That would imply I had any, which is simply not the case.

Still Fallout. Maybe New Vegas after it's out

I do not do it for literally everything else. I guess the real issue is that I'm not solely goal-oriented. How you get to forever matters to me. How you do most things matters to me.

Reminder that the crystal realm is useless shit and video cameras defeat it.

Will Wright. Pretty good author, he's actually doing a xianxia series of all things right now. One I really like, Lindon is so much more tolerable than your average xianxia protagonist. Once it's a few more books in and we know what the levels of cultivation past Truegold are (well, we know the one right above it, but only vaguely) I want to make a jump for it.

>having waifus
>not just seducing those who catch your eye for temporary dalliances
youtube.com/watch?v=IkoidwsLXCg

Jumpers, who is your best friend/broest bro? The one who you'd trust with literally anything?

If you bought Natural Genius and had children, would your children have the potential to become their own Great People?

>Atomic Abomination: 'Years of exposure to radiation have exposed you extreme amounts of radioactive material'
this bit reads a bit funny, i think you missed out a bit: 'exposed you *to* extreme'. it also seems a bit redundant, if not backwards in order.
it might read better as:
'Years of exposure to radioactive material has exposed you extreme amounts of radiation'

other then that, looks good

>trans-planar scrying and communication is useless
>giant stasis crystals with combat applications are useless
>trans-dimensional spying is useless
please fuck off

Question about Witchblade. The purchasable witchblade says that it won't kill you from overuse, but in canon a witchblade that is used too much can break. Does the purchasable witchblade have a similar protection against breakage or, if not, what happens after it breaks. Does a new one reappear after a set time, are you just fucked, is a wallaby a real thing?

Mhm.

Huh, yeah that is pretty screwy. Thanks. I need to do all these spelling stuff that's been noted.

Lyrical Nanoha waifus?

It won't break, though it might need to shut down and cool down for a bit. I'm not currently fucked. Wallabies are real and are adorable. They're like mini kangaroos.

EDIT: whoops, made the same mistake xD
'Years of exposure to radioactive material, dumped leftovers from nuclear testing and nuclear power has exposed you to extreme amounts of radiation'

Leanbox has fat titties.

Bloodborne, or Marvel Magic or DC Occult or X-men Movies/Avengers EMH.

You first, bitch.

Thank you for answering my questions in the spirit in which they were asked. May dingoes never eat your babies.

But isn't it hypocritical for you to be with multiple women yet chastise them when they want to be with multiple men?

No worries user.

Anytime.

You don't have to be 100% goal oriented to get what you want. You've realize that "forever" is simply impossible without the usage of outside influences. Humans are simply not capable of monogamy for as long as you want. You are ultimately free to choose this path, but you cannot ignore the consequences of choosing this path.

... no?

At least, I don't remember any such thing.
Although I have called myself obsessive and clingy in the past, I had to turn in my yandere card when it came out to the thread that I don't actually care if people are in relationships.

I do, however, have a bunch of perks that cause people to be really abnormally forgiving about putting up with all my shit, though, and everyone keeps finding excuses to keep hanging around me, and if they ever tried to leave I'd probably have a mild conniption and use SCIENCE! to rob the memories that caused them to want to leave.
Y'know, like Rick does to Morty.

But there's no torture going on, and I certainly don't care if someone upstages me. Looking cooler than me or being more important to plot isn't even hard, since I'm almost always doing the stealth jumper thing and hiding my true nature as an interdimensional traveler.

... I mean, unless you count what I do to Malefor as torture. But I think dressing him up in frilly dresses and making him have tea parties is pretty lenient, all things considered.

I call him Molly.

Mmkay. Thanks, Val!

>spoiler
Fuck that was a great episode.

>It would but it'd still follow the same limitations. On the other hand, who knows what fully mastering it might do beyond just awakening or whatever.
So you'd explode if you'd accidentally copy two Devil Fruits? Guess I'll better shut off those eyes in One Piece.

>looks at Medb
>she looks at me
>we look at each other
""Meh, it's not cheating if it's an orgy.""

It's hard for me to pick just one, but I can do a top 5?
>Final Fantasy 1
>Nechronica
>Imawabi No Dakini
>Light of Terra
>Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?

While I know Necronica is kind of a hellhole, the question wasn't about which properties I liked best, but the Jumps themselves.

Right now? Even though Katia and I have been arguing a lot lately, I'd still trust her to have my back no matter what.
There are plans to have a few male Companions in the Chain, I promise.

No. Women are not on equal standing with a man in a relationship. Besides,
>willingly cucking yourself
You can have as many perks as you want, you're still a beta.

>No. Women are not on equal standing with a man in a relationship
Wherever you say /pol/

I have a question for you jumpers:
Is there a specific jump that you return to? A nice relaxing(or whatever you like to do to relax) jump where you can chat with friends/lovers or just have a good time?

For example, I like to return to Neptunia or Danmachi.

The glory is in the attempt, I suppose.

>tumblr
Gotcha.

It's good to be the king, user. People with power define the rules, that's how things work.

>Getting triggered over filenames
Are you going to tell me to go back?
Arent the best kings the fair ones?

That movie was such a shitshow.

I use the return options in the League of Legends Skin Supplement. Just chilling at the pool or having snowball fights with the band of freaks Blizzard cooked up.

Who else do you think would be that much of a loser?

/pol/'s just a bunch of outcasts, like us.

No need to leave. Stay. Amuse me further.

I had a dream where prospective jumpers had to survive a gauntlet machine of death test type thing to qualify for actual jumperhood. The better one did in the tests, the more CP they started with. I was in a group that started with 30-40 members, but only like 8 were left alive by the end.
You were all stupid gullible assholes, and I'm surprised at how many survived to the last stage. There were like 20 left, and large spinning metal plates running on tracks whittled out the remaining retards who couldn't into "don't approach the grooves on your way to the door with your number on it". Some fucker forgot his door number, and just went for the door farthest from the starting area, actually survived, and got the highest ranking for it.

True
Hope to amuse you senpai