/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Confused Skinks Edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dyOC01MpNFs
youtube.com/watch?v=v8vpfNBvIdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LJSTxSDdE0U
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ungol
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ
silverghost.me.uk/wfrp/
cubicle7.co.uk/cubicle-7-and-games-workshop-announce-new-edition-of-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/
grimandperilous.com/
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/14-undying-dynasties
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/64-kingdom-of-equitaine
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/82-beast-herds
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/25-vampire-covenant
fireforge-games.com/hobby/miniature-galleries/miniatures
the-ninth-age.com
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
returnofreckoning.com/
sendspace.com
www104.zippyshare.com/v/ofA4hkCw/file.html
www31.zippyshare.com/v/xprMioC9/file.html
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/24/daemon-engines-a-battlefield-in-a-box-and-a-new-codex/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for hatefucking

Is it only dwarfs who can join the slayer cult, or could, in theory, a member of one of the other races also become a slayer?

What does the Everqueen see in Tyrion?! He's a douchebag, that yells at his brother just because he wants to protect the humans and dwarves.

Well the fact he saved her life and spent a long time alone with her fleeing from assassins. Also him not being finubar is a plus

Only Dwarfs, because they've failed their Ancestors

youtube.com/watch?v=dyOC01MpNFs

Skaven Campaign stream from Creative Assembly.

I know they'r ea horde army but the amount of troops skaven can bring to the field is lunacy. TotalBiscuit starts off with 3,000 troops in one vid and through summoning gets 6,000 by the end

>TotalBiscuit

Poor Finubar, what’s so bad about him?

Kislev in total war when?

He did a SIX HOUR (6 hour) skaven stream the other day

youtube.com/watch?v=v8vpfNBvIdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LJSTxSDdE0U

He's a cunt IRL but I liked watching the gameplay for skaven's sake

He's alright. Doesn't sugarcoat his words, but you can tell when he's enjoying himself.

Nothing. He's pretty likable, competent and doesn't constantly partake in massive battles. He's the guy that handles all the boring paperwork at the station while his colleagues go off and kick down someone's door. It's not as fun but it's gotta be done.

What are Ungols?

>like his 2nd battle
>he summons ~6 skavenslave units out of the ground each with like 250 soldiers.

Ungols are a allegory for the Tatars of 16th century Russia. Nomadic horsemen that have been displaced historically but still will serve the Tsar.

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ungol

FINALLY got an Executioner's sword yesterday

Some Ogre Maneaters also adopt the practices and styles of the Slayers, much to the confounding of the Dwarfs. Though I guess they're technically not officially part of the Slayer Cult themselves.

OP I"ve told you multiple times, so I'm literally giving you an updated list. Use THIS new OP header:

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WHFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WHFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ
WHFRPG 2nd Edition Random Character Generator silverghost.me.uk/wfrp/
WHFRPG 4th Edition Project cubicle7.co.uk/cubicle-7-and-games-workshop-announce-new-edition-of-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/
Zweihander RPG (alternative to 2nd ed) : grimandperilous.com/
> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
Tomb Kings Alternative: tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/14-undying-dynasties
Bretonnia Alternative: tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/64-kingdom-of-equitaine
Beastmen- tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/82-beast-herds
Vampies: tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/25-vampire-covenant
Bretonnians/Empire alternatives: fireforge-games.com/hobby/miniature-galleries/miniatures

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Total War Warhammer II : store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

I get that they have to avoid copyright, and those models honestly aren't bad in of themselves, but I much prefer GW's Bret knights. They changed up the aesthetic too much, to the point that they honestly look like knockoff Empire knights. I'd still probably steal bits from them to add flavor to a group of Knights Errant or something, but they aren't what my heart really wants.

I happen to have a few of Tabletop Miniature Solutions Bret models. And I gotta disagree with you. These are the Knights of the Realm. They look damn Breton to me Mate

Fuck you and your video games, kid.

I'm sorry man, I don't see it. They're knights, but not Bretonnian knights.

Where are the tabards? The barrel helms? They look as if they've jumped forward a hundred years or so, instead of Bretonnia's stubbornly outdated look. Their shields are strange shapes and don't show off heraldry. They don't have the decorations on their helmets aside from every-other plume of feathers, which looks distinctly Imperial. Bretonnia was 110%, these guys are maybe 70% and trying to be more safely historically accurate.

They're not bad miniatures, but I can't see anything Bretonnian about them. They're their own thing, whether they like it or not.

haha, butthurt fag crying over mah no longer cared about or supported Warhammer Fantasy models. The Total Warhammer games are pretty much your one ticket to ever convincing GW to bring back your precious fantasy game and it's most likely not going to happen old man. So you may as well pack them up and store them in your mother's attic with your other shit.

hmm Okay, I can respect that. You make a fair argument. They are very very good quality, but I do concede the "flair" of the Bretonnian models wasn't carried over. Basically GW models were the chotchkies of the Old World xD

Ew, fucking gross. They're just Empire knights. Look at their stupid late medieval armor.

>summoning
As a non TW player since Shogun 2, can you summon units beyond your original 20 units?

You think they'll make a 40K equivalent of 9th Age so we can get to play the game without shitty broken balance?

wut?

>being this butthurt you're being left out

Missing novels for the trove to be updated
sendspace.com
/file/vv8bdq
/file/x931oc
/file/vayp9o

just leaves to be found:
Gotrek and Felix Curse of the Everliving (the text not mp3)
Gotrek and Felix Redhand's Daughter
Aenarion(audio version not text)
Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: The Court of The Crimson Queen (from the omnibus)
Archaon: The Fall and the Rise
War Unending omnibus

and the Path to Victory Gamebooks:
Beneath the City of the White Wolfby M.F. Bradshaw (April 2012)
Shadows over Sylvaniaby Jonathan Green (February 2013)

any help with the above appreciated!

from what i can find he was the only one who streamed skaven. pretty sure he was the only one allowed to could'nt find any other steam or other videos other than the devs.

Not to turn this into Veeky Forums but I thought he was dying of cancer?

The ones from gamezone miniatures are better but a lot more expensive.

Hey thanks, I'm the guy with the password for the novel MEGA. I'll update it in the next few days. I usually read every thread but I've been a bit busy of late.

I also managed to get a copy of some of the army books we're missing but God knows when I'll get time to scan them. I'll have to use the work photocopier and hope no one sees me.

> Zweihander

No.

> Alternatives for every range...

We don't need an extensive list in the OP, that's what the pastebin is for, it has a detailed list of every alternative. Bretonnia and Tomb Kings are only there because they have completely gone.

>No
So what's actually wrong with Zweihander? Or are you just meme spouting?

Nothing is wrong with it but I think it's missed its chance. 4E is on the way not and unless it's total shit people won't care about twohander anymore.

Eh, not exactly. His cancer had metastasized, which usually means it's beyond curing, but thanks to swift treatment and his relative youth compared to the people who usually get this type of cancer he's pretty much kicked it in the arse.

And hopefully will continue to do so.

>4E is on the way not and unless it's total shit people won't care about twohander anymore.
We're probably years out from getting anything playable out of 4e, so in the meantime let Zweihander enjoy 15 minutes of fame.

Personally I think what WFRP 2e needed was a clean up and streamlining. Zweihander did the complete opposite of that.

4e looks like it might be closer to what I want though.

and here is the Aenarion audiobook and Gotrek and Felix Redhand's Daughter for you

sendspace.com

/file/0o60wu

what army books need scanning? -they might be already about and I can have a look for them

Thanks.

We're missing:

Warhammer Chronicles of War (4th ed.)
Warhammer Siege (5th ed.)

We have a copy of storm of magic but it's really bad.

They might look the part for you, but objectively they don't.

I do like how one of Sienna's comments evokes incoherent sputtering from Salty.

For the most part, the other races aren't even allowed to enter the Temple of Grimnir. I think Karl Franz was allowed, and it was something of a big deal when Felix did...and this was AFTER he helped recover a literally priceless dwarfen artifact and save the last survivors of a lost hold.

It's doubtful you could formally take the Slayer Oath, then, and you'd get strange (and possibly suspicious) looks from dwarfs for doing so, but if you carried it out to the end and died gloriously in battle, they might begrudgingly admit that, for an umgi, you had the right idea.

A tribe of nomadic horsemen who fight with bow, blade, and light lance. They were displaced and ultimately conquered by the migrating Gospodar in Kislev's infancy. They mostly control the northward oblasts. The other major tribe were the Roppsmen, and they've almost all been wiped out.

WHFB Storm of Magic Final.pdf
www104.zippyshare.com/v/ofA4hkCw/file.html

>What are Ungols?
Kislev is basically split into two major ethnicities - the Kievan Rus'/European-inspired Gospodars and the Tatar/Mongol-inspired Ungol, and it's not primarily a regional thing, most of them are present throughout most of Kislev, but they live differently and have different social structures and so on.

Generally speaking, the Gospodar are ascendant, and make up the noble elite and the city-dwellers, while the Ungols dominate the steppes and the rural landscape.

I shall strike it from the book of grudges.

>So what's actually wrong with Zweihander?
It improved literally nothing and completely failed to capitalize on the most fundamental parts of WFRP2, such as the career system, and created extremely gamey subsystems that are extremely out of place for the relatively free-form nature of WFRP2. It also introduced mechanics that are alien to the Warhammer setting (especially magic) and even applied a fucking alignment system to one of the most deliberately ambiguous settings there are (at least until nu-Warhammer got entrenched).

And on top of that, it tried to generalize it's use (instead of focusing it's efforts and use on a particular appeal and type of setting) and has rules for a variety of settings, including sci-fi.

It's like it was purposefully trying to cross off a list of DON'T DO THIS.

>streamlining
Don't say streamlining. It's such a nonsense weasel-word that has been used to dumb down practically everything it's ever been applied to.

It doesn't MEAN anything, and it almost always implies simplification and removal of depth and complexity.

>the career system
This makes me the most mad. It's like they thought of it as some kind of D&D-esque class system, with linear progression adhering to a pre-determined archetype. It made me angry just skimming it over.

Warhammer Chronicles of War - Compilation of battle articles from WD Magazines.pdf
www31.zippyshare.com/v/xprMioC9/file.html

and here is siege 1998 and an errata for storm of chaos too
sendspace.com

/file/fqkfsi

and nice work Jazz

To a lesser extent there are also Norscans, Ropsmenn and Dolgans.
I'm not really sure who the Ropsmenn are supposed to represent. Maybe Baltic pagan types?

Maybe, but it's a valid term for what I mean, which is cutting down the number of steps involved in combat.
Right now, to resolve a wounding attack you need to:
1) Choose an attack action, calculate modifiers, roll to see if you hit.
2) Determine hit location from roll.
3) Opponent parries or dodges with relevant modifiers.
4) Roll damage with modifiers.
5) Subtract enemy armour and toughness with modifiers.
Then, with critical damage:
6) Determine critical value from damage.
7) Roll d100 and cross reference critical value with roll.
8) Consult hit location table from step 2 and the value from the previous roll.
9) Did you swift attack? Time to start over from 1.

That could really do with trimming a little. Dark Heresy took out step 7, which is a start, but introduced other complicating factors like degrees of success. And added different crit tables for each damage type.

Speaking personally, I think it's hard to 'dumb down' a tabletop RPG. Video games, definitely. But with a tabletop rpg there's a complexity overhead to every bit of additional detail you add, which increases the time it takes to resolve simple things enormously. RPG designers almost always overcomplicate things as opposed to the other way around. Which isn't to say that simple is always better, you just need to pick your battles.

oh yeah, AoW's new dwarf warriors were posted on their forums recently.

Not a huge fan of them.

how big is 5 years old normal dragon?

So, Veeky Forums can love bloom on the battlefield between a lady Dreadlord and an Ulthuan Prince?

It's frustrating to me how little lore there is about the Roppsmen. Most I can tell is that they're somehow important for the introduction of Tor to the Kislevites, and there's still a fairly large group of them in Praag.

No

Guys you know that you can get bits and other things to pretty up (gayify) your faggy brets

>not a lady Dreadlord and a Ulthuan princess

I can dig this

You know what, that's probably the most likely place where love between these two can bloom.

>To a lesser extent there are also Norscans, Ropsmenn and Dolgans.

Yes, I was just keeping it very general. There are of course many different ethnicities in Kislev, but the Gospodar and the Ungol are the two principal ones.

>Right now, to resolve a wounding attack you need to:
You're overcomplicating it something fierce. What you do is:
>Say what you want to do
>GM determines difficulty based on any number of factors that feels relevant
>you roll to hit and do damage
>the GM tells you if you hit or not, and where (again, determined by as many factors are relevant).
And in most cases, consultation of of critical hits aren't relevant, but when it is, it's pretty quick. Also, if you aren't doing all swift attacks at once, you deserve your fate.

I see people doing this whole back-and-forth with modifiers between the GM and the players all the fucking time, and that is what bogs down the game, and all the manual adding of shit. It's fucking crazy when the players themselves should only really roll against their own skill(s) - the exact difficulty isn't something the GM even needs to communicate to the players, and indeed, he shouldn't convey anything what beyond makes sense for the character to know, and not in numbers terms.

Really, in most cases, it's fairly fucking smooth, unless someone involved is legit autistic or something.

No.

WAIFU

Hey Empirefags, you're literally 40k now.

I hate so much of nu-40k, but that's actually pretty baller. The most 40k to come out of 40k in years that I've seen.

That actually looks really rad.

We pretend AOS doesn't exist

Nuln ironsides look like THAT?

That's nice, but all I can think about is the older regiments that will obviously never get updated. RIP Steel Legion.

Dear god it looks pathetic

Is this for 40k? Cuz it's a great design if so

Well done lads that's almost everything.

Where are all these coming from?

>this is probably Cadian replacement
What a crap

>tfw when not sure if its 40k or AoS

38-42 are missing

This is just a conversion using cadians and empire.

Can you guys post more in this thread, please? Waha is the only reason I come to this board

Not really, going by new art, regular humans in there don't have that much of a difference with old empire.

I cant wait to field my Dreadlord/female and her personnel harem of witch elves, and capture some pretty high elf princess virgins.

You forgot it's hip to hate

WFRP 4th edition's release date will be announced October 23rd.

wew lad

Link?

That's just conversion, they didn't made new plastic kits.

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/24/daemon-engines-a-battlefield-in-a-box-and-a-new-codex/
>It’s not just about rules, either – the new codex contains loads of new background and art, including a look at some of the more unusual regiments of the 41st Millennium and advice on how you might want to convert them.

Been around for a while too.

>high-tech steampunk guy in generic DnD full-plate
>there don't have that much of a difference with old empire.
You have to go back shill

He looks exactly like some highwaymen from WFRP.

>high-tech steampunk guy
What about him is high-tec or steampunk? He's using a flintlock, and I don't see any gizmos on him.

>generic D&D full plate
He's wearing demiplate, which was pretty common in the Empire, and he's got the stripped silk on his legs and arms. Really the only non-Empire thing is the disturbing lack of any sort of hat or helmet.

For those who thought Forge world armies were much too cheap.

I get what you're saying here, but what I listed are the actual rules as presented in the book.
If you don't use the rules like that, that's fine. But don't say I'm overcomplicating it.

I'm actually saying the rules should be something closer to what you're describing rather than what they are now, which is time-consuming.

So what exactly where the Doomstones? What were they intended to do, what could they do, and whatever happened to them? Hell, what did they look like, how big were they?

All I know is that they were involved in the Time of Woe.

>Has the floppy pants traditional of the empire. >Has fucking flintlocks.
>Full-Plate is DnD only and in the empire greatswords/captains/generals/whomever isn't a piss poor peasant don't wear them AT ALL.
>Is high-tech.

Nigga, you are one hell of a retard.

Random thought:

The rulers of Kislev are Tzars or Tzarinas, yet in WHFB there was no equivalent to Caesar/Kaiser, which was the basis for that word (Russia being "the third Rome") so to speak.

Actually, considering that there was no "Eastern Roman/Byzantine" analogue in WHFB's setting, how exactly are the Kislevites so "notRussia" in their setup?