>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Trip paint judging scale:

Oh God they're following me
youtube.com/watch?v=NJ-xcgBL1mY

previous thread

Shas'La Jo'hnny soon edition.

Arm is mostly done now. I think i'll repaint the black cable though, just a bit plain.
For the top of the arm i'm probably going to go with grey, would probably be too much red on the model otherwise.

>when the assault starts at 7 but your ebay auction ends at 7:30

You should paint it blue and try to put some text on it like it's CAT6 cable or something.

That or dark green.

Bought a few boxes filled with old GW stuff at a thrift shop a while back. Finally spent some time going through it and found a few cool things including a bunch of really old 40k and Fantasy stuff.

I found these Space Marine Scouts and I'm going to give them a new lease on life and maybe use them for Shadow War.

What Chapter should the belong to?

This dread is one of my favourite things to see in /wip/, it's fucking gorgeous

Helps if I post the picture. There are more but the others are either bare metal or sort of primed, but only from above or something.

Anyone know a good site for buying a bunch of combat knives? I decided I want the hierarchy of mydudes to be based on the number of chapter specific knives displayed on the left pauldron like that one Blood Angel shoulder piece with the angel wing

Is seriously looks like he's dancing or flexing

I've gotta repaint my leviathan, but stripping that beast is going to be a pain. I don't even thing it fits in my usual container

Is your chapter called the Edge lords?
I feel you bro, I recently acquired a fire raptor and it needs stripping, I don't even know where to start.

>Is seriously looks like he's dancing or flexing
Power posing. I do it all the time when playing, it unnerves your opponent's dice rolls

>when he sees all the mold lines on his arms

>far left
I FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME
it is a good pain
>middle right
GRIFFITH

>3 photos so far
>3 space marine players
Never change Veeky Forums

post something yourself or piss off and quit moaning about it.
Seriously, be the change you want to see.

Yeah imagine the army that gets the largest amount of support would be the most popular

I was gonna just call you a cunt, but I feel like I should point out that I don't actually play space marines, they were just in the boxes.

HELLO! I'M A PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE DAEMON PRINCE OF NURGLE FROM THE DEATH GUARD FACTION, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Some other fag

Highlighted the scale armor

No, I'm just stumped on unique ways to identify my chapter and its rankings. I was considering a Deathwatch-style metallic red arm but I'm not sure if I want to go through with that since red doesn't really match some colors I had planned out

I'm completely open to any better ideas

Nice try, Tzeentch. I won't fall for that a second time, you bastard.

>Chapter master is made out of knives

Always admiring your work, even when you posted in aosg

Ok, I love this thing.

>the knife guy is stumped
I see what you did there

Thanks user! I post in /AoS/ still, just not as often with pics of my minis

hey great I appreciate it here's a/ZNother

He needs an umbrella and a top hat.

lmao desu

Minor conversions today, gonna paint the guy now

Magnets fuck yeah!

>I swear to the Emperor if this is another 'Tag a Battle Brother so he has to see' post I am going to lose it

Ahh, query. What's its loadout?

But how do they work?

birdbits.sharpstuff.

fine. have some Cthulhu arms.

How is this for a marker? I think it might need something

Just finished varnishing this guy.

Beautiful. White looks smooth.

updated, ruins of Prospero.

thoughts?

All of my primaris models so far.

Hey quick question about priming:
After you've finished spraying the models, is it safe to bring them inside or should you let them settle outside?

Bring them in.

Those are some crisp colors user, I like it.

Sexy arms user! Whats the rest of it look like?

This weekend I finished two telemons.

It is taller than leviathan, but thinner.

nice job user. where did you get servo arm back pack for P-marine?

From a missile launcher backpack.

Hot shit man, those look great. I am extremely jealous.

Remove the hilt of the sword, it looks stupid as it its now.

How long does greenstuff take to cure? Just reposed my Tau johnny's left arm (amatuerishly), and it'll need a bit of sanding once it's cured.

I feel like I should've used a wire core or something.

Depends on the thickness, give it like 15 minutes for stiffness, 30 to be dry

I might just give it a day or two to be absolutely certain.
Can someone who owns a Johnny confirm if he's leaning forward or not?

Any tips on painting Mortarion?

Am going to be painting one up for a friend in a week or so and I'm still at a loss for how to get the wings to look good.

Honestly, this is rock face user.
Greenstuff cures faster the more surface area is exposed, and the smaller the piece (thin) the quicker the cure

If it's something as small as a Tau arm, itll be dry for certain in an hour

I like your black. How do you do it?

>Buzz Lightyear to star command, come in star command

Oh jesus I'd forgotten about the rock face.
Thanks for the info!

No worries man! Can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished.

Any good guides on doing conversions for lost and the damned in 40k?

I like your Greens

prolly shit because i suck at everything, but thas' aight so long as it's good enough I'd be proud of it joining the Johnny collage.

Guy who converted Primaris Johnny here. Johnny does lean forward a bit. Do a small bit of chopping and use the lean to help get his clipazine near his head/ear

Not quite sure how I'll manage that with a tau chestpiece, but cheers!

What can I use for leg bonding studs on my marines?

I'm godawful at greenstuffing my models (see: babyface plague hulk, face rock giant chaos spawn, Buddha daemon prince) but , my small town lgs loves them because theres so little variety at the shop (our meta is 60% or so guard players, 20% space marines)

As long as youre proud, always know you can improve, and for fuck sake, thin your paints, it won't be shit.

No clue either. Good luck

Is he bending at the back or waist?

My Johnny is bent at the waist, like if you slouched or leaned forward slightly, like a lazy bow. I'd post a picture but I'm not home right now

That's doable with a Tau lad pretty easily, no worries.

Reposting again because i forgot to ask something. Do you think the skull on the knot is too big ?

Hate to break it to you...
Nobody will be looking at the skull

And naw I don't think so

Looks tight. I don't like how the leader is on a different style of base though.

looks fine

as a general rule, knot should be no bigger than your clenched fist - I think you're still within that limit, even accounting for disproportionate arms on GW miniatures

Reposting my arquebus from the admech thread.

it's perfect

Maybe sewing pins cut short

Looks great

What on earth? How on earth is your green stuff cured after 30 minutes? I usually leave it overnight to cure.

If you're using it for reposing you really need it supported in some other way for the first few hours or it is likely to sag.

Calling bs on the thin layers curing faster. The reaction doesn't need oxygen, it will cure underwater or in oil even. If you mix in more blue it will cure faster and be harder but more brittle. Heating it will also speed up the curing.

Ohh, Black Custodes. Nice.
I would have replaced the gold filigree with silver to accentuate this, but this looks awesome!

He lives on the surface of the sun maybe? (ie. someplace like Phoenix Arizona), temperature really affects the curing speed of GS.

15 to 30 minutes is absolutely ridiculous though, people often leave it that long before they even start working with it just to make it more manageable and less sticky. I certainly have sessions where I work on green stuff for longer than 30 minutes after mixing it.

THOSE WERE ALL YOU.
WHAT THE HELL, user. YOU NEED A WEBSITE. AND A JOB AT GW.

Yeah so we can all have fingerprints on our models. Are you mental?

horror user, your stuff is actualy realy good. you always seem to make something unnerving in the end. honestly, you Should try to get a job at GW. your style would realy improve the newer models.

(sees babyface in background)
(Triggers PTSD attack)
Dear god, some of your stuff is truly the stuff of nightmares, you are a good chaos modeler.

if he applied the same creativity and horror into a CAD design, then it would be some of the coolest plastic deamons ever.

Agreed, working time for me is usually around an hour, after 30 minutes it gets a little harder usually.

You realise two of those great unclean ones are forgeworld and the other is third party right? While the rock is characterfully unnerving his actual greenstuffing is very basic.

Finished base-coat on my ghostkeel.

if they need a model for the next nurgle deamon prince kinda deal, we need to get babygrinder.

I dunno, man. That THING that used to be a plaguebearer is pretty sweet if you ask me.

Rocks with toothy grins. Really? That would be the coolest Daemon design ever?

babygrinder. the slime guy with the skulls in the front. the rock.

Looking good, maybe look at the gun a bit more?
Should look nice once its done.

It's a blob of greenstuff with some arms and heads stuck to it. Your bar is unbelievably low.

There's nothing Nurgle about a baby doll head and unpainted green stuff.

>replace yelling bearded face with other yelling bearded face

why?