Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1761: Duck Hunt Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Get over yourselves guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Passionlip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't use the OP for discussion.

Okay, so this one is the thread?

It's the only one.

So it would seem.

Jumpers!
Are are a subtle, sneaky, Kaiser Soze type?
Or are you more of a meth-and-PCP-addled super-barbarian on Venom?

I'm less Soze and more Sōsuke

How big does something need to be to qualify as a 'kaiju'?

I'd say about fifteen stories, minimum.

>Get over yourselves guys.
Don't be an entitled douche, OP.

So, Dream Demon from Gravity Falls let's you wrap the mental world around your little finger, right? Well, what would it do for you in the dream world of NiGHTS?

I want to be sneaky but weird shit keeps happening everywhere I go.

Like that time we found out Tails was just a hologram

i'd count the classic King Kong as a Kaiju already

Big enough to fuck a skyscraper.

about half and half
I don't plan my whole 10 years and pull the strings from the background, but i hide my true nature, possess people and speed blitz enemies whenever they show up (and i'm able to do so). Most people in jump never know that i'm not just some random guy occassionally running into them

How big would a single lifeform have to be to become a credible threat to the infrastructure of large buildings like skyscrapers?
Personally I'd say that the bare minimum would be at least a hundred feet tall or so.

Speaking of which, how would Soul Reaper fare against Mass Effect Reapers? What about my Gary Stu Shinigami/Hollow/Quincy/Fullbringer Hybrid, all with their "highest modes" available?

Reapers really aren't much to write home about.

if i copy an item, with an entity bound in it, with the minecraft perk, does it double the entities or do i just get somehow an item with the powers but without an actual thing in it?

like the staff of gladstone from Bartimaeus. It has several spirits bound to it, that's how it works.
If i copy it, what happens?

Nor were Soul Reapers in the Soul Society arc

>Storm Hawks, wireless interface:
With a short ritual, you attune yourself to a magical item to benefit and draw from its
power at a distance. Armor and protective talismans no longer need be worn to shield
you, and the connection between you allows for activation and control without the need
for command words and the like
+
>Lost odyssey, skill transference:
You can learn how to duplicate and
internalize the magical properties granted to you by items you have equipped, such as a
scarf that grants immunity to being shapeshifted or a ring that grants immunity to
poisons to a pair of glasses that allow you to see the invisible. This may require wearing
the item for several weeks or even months or years

would it be too much powerwanking if i would combine it as:
>i don't need to wear an item to gain it's effects and i slowly make the power of the item my own

(i know that there's "omega" from DBGT, i used my points for something else there)

Skill Transference has it's limits. Slots of some kind. That would need to be taken into account.

sure, i know
but i have a lot of time and only a few items i'm interested in here

Are the entities "in" the item, or is it more like a dimensional link between the mobile item and wherever the entities actually are? Because the duping perk is presumably based on the inventory/chest glitches, which worked on any single item (minecraft would treat a bottle of liquid as a "single item") you could fit inside a chest.

iow, if you put your "staff of bound spirits" in a chest, would the spirits be in the chest?

>and the connection between you allows for activation and control without the need for command words and the like

does that mean you could for example use all the magic spells from Harry Potter just by thinking about them? Kinda like a silent "wandless magic" version?

>i slowly make the power of the item my own
This part wouldn't work.
The combo is redundant not synergistic.
Either you use the Skill Transference and don't need to wear the item, or you use Wireless Interface and don't need to wear the item.
Even Skill Transference does 'make the power of the item your own' because it's still not actually a part of you and cannot grow like your own powers can.

yeah, the entities would be inside the chest

basically: could i duplicate a genie in a lamp?

It might also depend on whether the perk considered the staff+spirits to be a single item or whether it treated the staff as the mystical equivalent of a chest. so you might end up with a perfect copy of the staff but have to go find new spirits to bind to it.

yeah i know it's kinda redundant, but the last part is actually why i'm interested in it.
I was under the impression that i could make the power my own, with the potential for growth. Guess i interpreted too much into it

see I think you'd get the lamp but not the genie, the lamp's too much like a chest.

thanks

No.
Spells need wands and wands need power. Wireless Interface allows you to send the commands but the wand needs to be in range, ideally in hand, to draw power and work, which would make the perk redundant except for it being potentially silent.
Other magical items though that need instruction and are self-powered are fair game.

The full text for the Wireless Interface Perk is:
>With a short ritual, you attune yourself to a magical item to benefit and draw from its power at a distance. Armor and protective talismans no longer need be worn to shield you, and the connection between you allows for activation and control without the need for command words and the like. This also grants you telekinetic abilities, using the flow of magic as a lever to move attuned items or yourself through the air. Too many connections will cause interference with each other, producing odd side-effects.

You know the more I look at it, I might be wrong.
Skills Linking cannot grow and it says:
>skill is a copy of their own, and not something you’ve /internalized/. You cannot improve a copied skill nor use it to teach someone else
But Skill Transference says:
>You can learn how to duplicate and /internalize/ the magical properties granted to you by items you have equipped
So you can 'internalise' which implies you can improve it.
So there's nothing stopping you from developing it once you have it. Although I'm not sure what would happen if you (not you specifically) dropped it, due to the limits on slots. Would the item take the improvements? Would they be lost to the ether? Something to ponder.

There are a few items, powers, magic rituals etc. in several jumps that "drain life force" making you age faster or something similar.
How does that effect an immortal jumper?

Didn't the author say Skill Transference only works on items you can wear?

Either they don't work at all or they drain something else, like stamina or can only be pushed so far before they undermine your own immortality.
I think though it's mostly a matter of fanwank. Just go with whatever makes sense to you.

Yes the perk itself is fairly clear on that. What's your point? user didn't mention wanting to use it on something non-wearable as far as I can see.

yes, hence i'm asking if my powerwanking combo would be valid or not

Depends on the exact type of immortality, I'd imagine. Plenty of immortals can be killed even if they're biologically immortal, so I'd be wary of it being resolved as basically D&D Life Drain-albeit knowing you have a substantially bigger threshold before death.

Based on my rereading the perks involved and their related perks as in , I'd conclude that you don't need a combo. Skill Transference does it all for you anyway.

>Skill Transference does it all for you anyway.
i guess so, but you know i was thinking about having the effects of skill transference without actually having to wear the item all the time.

Having a powerful item on my person for a long time might result in a lot of unwanted attention and i wanted to avoid that

Just saying.

No, Skill Transference doesn't do it all - user doesn't want to physically carry the object they're getting the power from.

There's a better solution than Wireless Interface, but it involves two other jumps.
Charm Pounch from Secrets of Evermore
Assimilation from Claymore
Use assimilation on the pouch and voila, you can discretely carry as many magic items as you like while still benefitting from them. Wireless Interace has a limit, vague as it is, while this combo has none.
You might still want Skill Transference to internalise the powers of the items to improve them, but with this combo you have all the time in the world to do that with little fear the items will be stolen or noticed by others.

contd
>Assimilation from Claymore
>Assimilation,* 400cp, Discount Awakened Being
>You are able to assimilate an item(only one at a time) into your body, making it your blood and flesh, you can also reform that item from your body. However while the item may retain its properties while inside your body, a sword is hardly a sword when you are using it to make your arm nearly indestructible.
and
>Charm Pounch from Secrets of Evermore
>Charm Pouch (200 CP) (Discount Participant): It's another perfectly ordinary-looking pouch, so you've probably figured out the drill right now. This one is designed to hold magical talismans, everything from cloaks to capes to magic sticks. It's got its own special twist, though; any item you store in here will act as if you're wearing it, unless you actively choose for it not to. While you can't wear anything you couldn't under ordinary circumstances, like two rings if you're from the kind of place where rings don't work together, it'll still let you benefit from all your magic weapons without looking like a 1930s movie starlet.

hey, thanks. Sounds great

what did you guys do in Death Note?

Huh, what a coincidence. What did I do in Death Note? Fucked bitches, ate apples. Mostly

Traveled through Europe and south america for vacation
It was nice.

i have yet another combo i'd like some oppinions on:

>Power of dominance from Castlevania
With this power comes an additional boon - you gain absolute dominion over your own soul, and none may attempt to harm or claim it without your consent.
+
>Angel alt-form from Neon genesis Evangelion
angels are by default made of pure soul

Does that mean that i'm invoulnerable in with an angel alt-form then?

In your early chain, how did you solve some issues that may have been presented by age or social situation before you had workarounds?

How did you drive while having the appearance of a child or get the correct documentation? Did you even drive at all before you got movement powers? For the type of people who are fighters, did you ever have to jump through some hoops to maintain your weapons? Sure, some people can maintain weapons themselves, but after a point of complexity replacement parts must have been a pain to get.

Tell me about the little problems you had, and the workarounds you had to use before you got a proper solution.

This one has a bit of history to it. Apparently the jumpmaker for Castlevania ruled that putting your soul out in the open like that would count as giving consent if people attacked you. At least I believe that was his ruling. Someone else may correct me on that.

Is the Crash Bandicoot jump finished?

as says, the jumpmaker already ruled that physically manifesting your soul as your body or an object counted as 'permitting people to attempt to harm it'.
So that goes for soul-bodies, as well as shit like putting pieces of it into horcruxes and other methods that tie your mortal life to your soul's destruction.

So I know we have the Blue Feather, pods, and the Symbiotes injector, but are there any other ways to get companions when there are no option to buy canon companions?

i see, thanks

>He didn't had magic in his first 3 jumps
>Not using mind control to solve all your problems

>as well as shit like putting pieces of it into horcruxes

That would only affect the piece, though. Since that's the only part exposed, and losing them does not mean death, just losing the chance to respawn using them.

no , you don't want to end up like she who is not to be named do you?

Hey, Val, if I decide to rescue the Queen and then make peace between the two Jeanne armies...

Do I still get the Queen herself (and the Royalists I suppose) to go along with me? Or are they just there to wave into Jeanne and Jalter's face to get peace talks going?

Pactio Master from Negima allows you to bring along Minstra as Companions. As well as get multiple Minstra.

For the last fucking time: fucking leave, banchô.

Yeah, you get them too.

1. Who?
2. Please leave and never come back. Maybe go to qq or sb.

Yeah, that's what I meant. The piece of your soul within your horcruxes isn't invulnerable.

...are you sure? From reading the perk it just tells me you can form bonds.

Please tell me I'm wrong, this could change everything

Wait, what? Since when? I don't think that's ever been a thing. Source?

My mistake, it's part of the Pactio perk itself. Pactio Master just allows you to have multiple .

If your Magister or Minister is not already a
Companion, they become one, able to follow you from world to world.

I'm not sure that means what you think it means.

Most excellent.

Need to figure out a new Saber to take the Grand slot now that I already get the OG here though...

Since Passionlip exists in Grand Order is there any way to import a companion as her with her abilities?

fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Passionlip

Um, based on the jumpmaker's commentary at the time and the fact that people weren't lugging around hundreds, if not millions, of ministers/magisters it seems to only mean your starting Magister/Minister not any you make in the future

Then what do you think it means?

The text is fairly straighforward. If your magister/minister is not a Companion, then they become one.

I wasn't around then, and there is not statement to that effect in the document. Rules patches should be included in the document itself, not left on a post several years ago.

>It's another episode of myrm ask silly questions, godzilla edition
With Pitiful Hunger, do you have to be harmed by the dangerous substances? eg: if I have radiation immunity and go bask in a nuclear reactor, does that prevent any gains, reduce my gains, or have no effect on how powerful I get?

Atomic Abomination mentions nuclear fusion; is this supposed to be nuclear fission?

Any limits on our Monster form? I'm thinking we have to be biological but there's nothing saying we can't be an alien machine or anything.

>weren't lugging around hundreds, if not millions, of ministers/magisters
That only says that no one noticed and talked about it. It doesn't prove anything on its own.

Well, all I can say to that is that in the early days of jumpchain people didn't know they had to rules lawyer every single detail instead of extending certian assumptions from the main doc/pastebin's guidelines.

It's unfortunate, but the reality is sometimes people have different intentions to your interpretation.

user, the guy himself was vary companion-orientated in his build. Also this jump predates the Blue Feathers. Which at the time the waifufags jumped on as a source of waifus even though the jump itself was never even finished into pdf form.

>waifufags
Again, this is meaningless. Just because they missed it doesn't mean it wasn't there. Saying that they were the sort to over-react to something similar doesn't say anything unless you make some pretty squirrelly assumptions.

contd
From the jump
Pactio: 100 CP, free Magister:
You have a single pactio with a person of your choice, a companion or someone already present in the jump without a partner of their own. This pact strengthens you both; you can share strength or magical power through the bond, have a telepathic communications if you concentrate, and can even teleport to each other. Further, the Ministra of the pair gains the ability to summon a powerful artifact from the Items section, gaining 100 CP of credit towards an Artifact. If your Magister or Minister is not already a Companion, they become one, able to follow you from world to world.
Emphasis on this
>If your Magister or Minister is not already a Companion, they become one, able to follow you from world to world.
It's a thing whether it was noticed by /waifufags/ or not.

What's the purpose of your chain? Why do you keep Jumping? Do you have any short of grand project?

I've come to realize that my writing doesn't satisfy me anymore. It was decent escapism for a while, but I realized that I'm not very good at it inb4 just do it more and get better, I know that. and I feel like I can't handle it anymore. I can't keep writing for jumpchain.because I feel like I'll never be able live it, and even at my best writing is a pale facsimile.

How do you go on? I feel like I'll never be satisfied now that I h've had my fun. Real jumpchain fucking when?

My jumper is largely blind to the over-arching structure of jumpchain but starting as an SI he knows what I know and can guess a lot of the structure.
He theorises that the whole experience is basically a training programme for young Planewalkers to get the ready for some sort of vague conflict against enemies of Planewalkers. He focuses on becoming as capable as possible, perhaps to a paranoid extent, in order to survive that conflict.
A lot of his character comes from his persistence, his fear fo the unknown and sheer dsperate need to prove himself worthy of becoming a Planewalker and defeating or giving a good accounting of himself against those mysterious enemies.

Not yet, as most of her stuff is still locked off. Extra's update will allow it.

You don't have to be, you can still gain from things you're not harmed by.

Most likely. Don't ask me to science.

Eh, keep it to biological I think. Other then that and the size limits, feel free to make up the form, long as it's not giving any special innate abilities beyond something like flight or other natural animal stuff.

Do you jumpers have an iconic equipment set that you always bring to every new setting?

Like something that people know you buy, could be a sword and board combo or even a really famous starship orbiting the native planet

What jumps let you be a nazi?

Jumper will bring magic to all creation. Because worlds without magic are not fun at all.

>she who is not to be named
Who?

Marvel-user, if you're reading this, can you make a ruling on whether subsequent pactios make randoms permanent companions and update the jump's notes according?

Petals of Reincarnation lets you be straight-up the reinarnation of Adolf Hitler.
It's difficult to top that in Nazi-ness. I regret nothing

I think he's implying SJ-Chan. Maybe?

The thing is Val if I don't go servant in Extra it'll upset a bunch of my plans from after that jump since I use the skills I got in extra often. I was hoping for a "summoning campaign" kind of thing for her with an import option.

Hahahahahahahahaha
Thank you for making my day.
Hahahahahahahahaha

Not that user, bu are you relying on that perk?
>You have a single pactio with a person of your choice, a companion or someone already present in the jump without a partner of their own.
Which puts a bit of a damper on using it.

Are you relying on the perk Pactio Master? That doesn't give Pactio perk, or duplicate the Pactio perk, or say anything to suggest you get the Jump based version of the Pactio perk. It lets you form Pactio's the same as can be made in jump by the people in the jump.

But this is a single player game. If you want to wank it as working, go ahead. Just please accept other people might read it differently to you.

mommy I was talking about mommy

I never understood this: Why is GO's protagonist named Ritsuka Fujimaru, but called "Guda/Gudako" all the time?

Indiana Jones, Wolfenstein and Hellsing.

Hellsing is your friend there. You could be the Nazis so hardcore they split from regular Nazis for not being radical enough

That cant be real.
Also indiana jones.

Was it Marvel user? I don't see an author mentioned anywhere on my copy.
In any case they've already ruled it pretty clearly that giving pactio makes people into companions. user posted it . Why ask for more?

swastikas are illegal under German law so yes it is Technically something he could be prosecuted for

So I am planning on having a chain where Jumper is seen as a god and goes through the chain getting worshipers. Does anyone know of jumps that would make that possible?

Sorry user, but BB and the Alter Egos are some of the few characters I am against including in any scenarios outside of Extra, since they're going to be making up a lot of stuff there.

You'll need to adjust your build if you want Passionlip.

Its fucking fried chicken.

Platoon, Hearts of Iron and Indiana jones jump

Not him but, chances of yandere BB?

primal rage, smite,civilization, Leviathan: the Tempest.