Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Imperial Guard edition

Previous >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/24/daemon-engines-a-battlefield-in-a-box-and-a-new-codex/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for guard

What's with this airbender shit?

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/24/daemon-engines-a-battlefield-in-a-box-and-a-new-codex/
news about guard codex.

Nth for the TALLYMAN

Plague Surgeon yes or no?

He's 64 points and boosts your Disgustingly Resilient from 33% to 38% (reroll DR rolls of 1) in a 3" (6 with free relic) radius.

Seems a bit meh to me.

6th for perverts.

Rolled 5, 5 = 10 (2d6)

On a 7 this thread becomes Nurgle themed.

No Tzeentch allowed especially.

Yeah, it does seem like an odd tattoo choice.

Markerlights should be able to target characters that the source has LOS on. But you should only be able to target them other weapons if you spend 10 - (Target max wounds) tokens on that character first, before even getting markerlight bonuses.

IE, a character with 8 wounds needs to have 2 MLs spent just on being allowed to shoot at it, while a character with 6 wounds would need 4 MLs on it.

Shooting officers is fluffy and Tau-like, like american militia snipers dishonorably targeting redcoat officers.

so far only marines have had new models in 8th? nice, epic, i like it

looks like space marine tactical squad marking.
maybe its the same background

get rekt

given the dark imperium box has death guard and primaris and both ranges kinda didnt exist before, i dont find that very suprising.

Plague Surgeon is not worth it right now. Reroll all fails would have been decent.

could a grot kill a grown man in a fistfight?

The guard doesn't really use the same markings as marines though.

What Knight are people running with their admech, I realize they're not optimal, but I want a centerpiece for my army.

How long has it been 8e, a few months?
Calm down.

Pipe down with this shit or give me a source in the fluff for any tau sniping any character. Markerlights are big bright lights so the blind as fuck tau know where to aim, not some miracle sniper darts.

in a fair fight
not a chance

but then grots never fight fair anyway. so ....
i say grots are too unruly to follow fistfight rules and will resort to biting immediatly

That would be OP though.

His base aura should be larger and he should have done something else.

No, I don't count him getting +1 to hit against Space Marines as something else.

why would anyone want a model that looks like a whore ?

If his shirt was off you'd see 6 of the other 7 points.

what do you think will the regimental tactics be ?

I think the best part of all these new DG characters are the pet/pest Nurglings.

I get banned for posting traps then Come back to find like 9 different generals, what the fuck happened while I was gone?

Interesting, I expected them to release them in the order they were shown on the NOVA page.

Well on the one hand, this confirms Guard aren't getting any new kits. On the other hand, it does leave open the possibility that either Eldar or Tyranids are getting new stuff.

DoW Commanders for tabletop when?

Hopefully the codex prevents conscripts using orders, and one of the regiment allows it. Other than that, -1 to hit infiltrators, ignores cover rerolls vs etc etc etc

Those guard conversion look ducking snazzy. Was hoping for actual plastics but no matter really. I do hope they sell the conversion bits kinda like how FW does.

>Markerlights are big bright lights
They are laser painters, dumbass. Like what modern infantry use to "paint" targets for laser guided bombs because planes a million feet in the air can't see past shitty camo nets.

>mfw conscripts getting nerfed

What's with this common Night Lords symbol?

Is 'Viii' Nostraman for 'Reee'?

Could GW be telling us that Night Lords are the true Kekistani approved army?

I can almost guarantee the Catachan tactics will be the -1 to hit at 12" and an infiltration stratagem.

Plague surgeon is an absolute no. He's the worst unit in the dex imo. If his aura was larger and it added 1 to DR rolls maybe he's be usable. His second ability is also useless.

>Hopefully the codex prevents conscripts using orders
They better get a harder nerf than that, Conscripts are broken even without orders, that was never the problem.

its roman number for 8

Bait-u is shrameful

Why not?

I feel Sniper should be more attainable generally given how tough a lot of characters are compared to the bolter fire Snipers usually have to take them out.

Ironstriders should certainly have some version of it, maybe at a -1 To Hit or something, since their entire fluff is stalking around and picking off enemy leaders through their troops with heavy weapons.

I think either Cadians or Mordians will get some kind of leadership buff.

>>mfw conscripts getting nerfed

I think that's too OP on horde armies.

Its probably going to be reduce enemy AP modifiers by 1 while in cover. That way you don't get +2 while facing bolters or something, but you get a big bonus vs Heavy Bolters.

With a lack of leadership and a huge amount of numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if they mobbed to Commissar if their numbers are above a certain squad size.

more like orders are nerfed to require an ld check again which commissar can't help with

That actually makes sense for them, though. At least that gets that one out of the way so it isn't copy-pasted for a Regiment with more potential.

>get bigger marines
>make them bigger
What the hell is wrong with true-scale people?

>possibility that either Eldar or Tyranids are getting new stuff

As cool as this would be, I doubt we will see anything for either of them. I'm not getting my hopes up.

At least these Codex releases seem to be addressing some of the problem armies. Admech were shit in their index. Now they are less shit. Guard were all conscript spamming fag lords. Now they can die in a hole somewhere. Craftworld Eldar are pretty rubbish. Perhaps they will get a much needed buff?

Having a "ignores -1 ap modifiers" or something similar to AdMech would be entirely useless on an army with mostly 5+ infantry saves.

Cadians definitely.

time to put the true scale meme to bed

Why the fuck they made up 2 new regiments

>shoulder pad on the crouch
Genius

I don't really foresee anyone other than DG or SM getting much in the way of new releases this year.

>The most interesting thing he said was that custom vehicle rules will be in a future Chapter Approved. Probably not the one due later this year, but probably the next. Contrary to popular belief they like people scratch building and kit-bashing stuff, they jusy don't like it being a showcase for non-GW products (which is why they can be so anal about it). It'll be along the lines of the rules in Rogue Trader. This is how they'll be re-introducing looted vehicles for Orks, amongst other things.
GW already said at the start of the month that vehicle creation rules will be "beta'd" in this year's Chapter Approved.

All this Imperial Guard stuff. This is a good thread.

Still waiting on a source of tau snipers, your point is irrelevant. A big bright light pointing them out or a little laser pen (or rather 5+ laser pens) doesnt make every person in an army a sniper. Tau aint planes like you said.

Shut the fuck up. 3rd edition codex had a 2 page spread with dozens of regiments and its one of the most celebrated lore by IG fans. Are you some stinky ass Cadianfag who wants to see a dozen page spread of Cadian regiments? FUCK YOU!

How do I make playing ad mech not boring and disappointing after that codex?

>As cool as this would be, I doubt we will see anything for either of them. I'm not getting my hopes up.
I agree, but the possibility is open. Now that we've cleared the hurdle of the Death Guard release we can't be too far off from new models.

I'm thinking it's possible Genestealer Cults MIGHT be included in the Tyranid Codex, since they don't have any subfaction rules. If that's the case, the Nid Codex might be released coinciding with the launch of Necromunda, with new crossover models that can be used for both games.

Imagine this is the only nerf they get. If this were the case, that would be it for me. Luckily, not even games workshop is stupid enough to let conscript spam dominate this game any longer.

I don't know how to tell you this, user, but all the regiments are made up.

They didn't. Those aren't Regiments with rules, just extra background examples like the dozens you see in every Codex in the lore section.

Fuck even Death Guard had like a dozen named Vectoriums.

The preafacts to me looked a little boring but the nobles looked cool.

Simples, regiment tactics dont affect conscripts as theyre not trained in that shit.

>news about ig codex
>conscripts are nerfed
>why dont you but superior codex death guard tm
Thanks gw

>give me a source in the fluff for any tau sniping any character

Holy shit GW is promoting converting and kitbashing again!

WE ARE TRULY ON THE BEST TIMELINE

>Similarly, the codex is set to diversify Astra Militarum lists with tweaks to rules and points aimed at putting each unit on an even footing. Conscripts, for example, have been changed to better reflect their inferior discipline compared to professional soldiers.

buy*

It's more about proportions, their might be bigger but they still don't have waists for some reason.
I did something similar but less extreme on my rubrics for that reason.

Literally everyone and their mother including the fucking playtesters who helped write this shit have been telling you for over a month conscripts are getting nerfed, if this is news to you you're fucking retarded.

except we know for sure that craftworld eldar will get a book by the end of the year unlike

I agree It's great.

Can't blame GW for pedalling the Death Guard stuff. It's pretty fucking cool. It'll keep me entertained until my main art gets a codex.

They like converting and kitbashing as long as it only uses GW parts.

Also they already talked about this in the GK and DG Codexes where have you been?

Looks pretty close to be called sniping user.

They're just jealous of the Primaris Chads.

>Gw promoting kit bashing and conversions
>Gw showing off homemade regiments instead of cadians
>Gw acknowledging regiments other then cadians

N-nani?

you mean

>buy 3 kits to build 1 kit worth of finished models, kitbashing amirite

>Why the fuck they made up 2 new regiments

Because they're easy to kitbash.

What's a good size of Legion of the Damned. Like a squad or two right? It's to supplement a Primaris force.

They have some very nice sculpts

Anyone know of any more cool IG conversions?

>IG Regiments each get their own special Order in addition to the usual sub-faction Trait, Warlord Trait, Relic, and Stratagem.
Damn, motherfuckers getting spoiled.