I think messenger bags are optimally suited for carrying game supplies

I think messenger bags are optimally suited for carrying game supplies.

Congratulations, OP, you might be the only person on Veeky Forums who doesn't try to pass their opinion for a fact. Give yourself a cookie, or something.

Having to declare when everything you say is an opinion is a waste of time, since it should be implicit to people who aren't retarded

Messenger bags are gay and make you look retarded

>gamer girl

Shitstorm incoming

Depends on the game. I do use a similar style of bag for roleplaying games, where it's practical to have a couple of books and a folder packed flat in it; but for my model building, I prefer to use a cosmetician's case to organize all of my tools and consumables.

Drinking dice out of a snifter seems like a poor idea.

>Not drinking dice straight from the bottle

Lightweight.

maximum Kaiba

I think your topic is just a stealth method of posting that horrifying Pic of fail, and I hate you for it. Seriously, that chick is do not want personified.

How are they any better than a backpack?

Maybe she drinks them with her other mouth...

Yeah I use something similar for when I play X-wing, it holds a list easily and there's a top tray for my tokens and templates

i suppose they're better if you need a stack of reference books, you can just identify the one you want by the spine without dumping everything out

the backpack is still superior for weight distribution on a bicycle, the all time number one bag concern.

>giving OP what he wants

Rookie mistake.

Except for you, right?

You don't want canvas for that unless you're putting everything into a hard case or cases to keep it neat and orderly.

A hard box like is best suited for miniatures, and while some messenger bags are hardened leather, most are canvas which bends too easily. Of course, you'd need a hard case anyway to secure your miniatures, and stuffing them loose anywhere is a bad idea.

Similarly, a hard case is better for books and papers, since it doesn't run and bent their edges as much, and even folders will give in to abuse. And many of those books can be pricey, it's not a good idea to base them up like that.

Overall, a messenger bag can be useful to consolidate everything into a single case with straps, but everything would need to be subdivided inside into harder cases for survivability. In my assessment, storing things upright, in a bag that has a flat bottom for sitting upright, would be much more preferable because it stores things more neatly and keeps them from jostling around, as you will only ever have it oriented upright. Backpacks are much more suited to this purpose, and also leave your hands free and don't unbalance your weight and hurt your shoulder.

Sage for girl-bait.

>where it's practical to have a couple of books

ereaders are great for novels, absolute shit for game manuals you want to be able to flip through.

realistically if you for some reason need a lot of books at the table you should be bringing a laptop with some nice searchable pdfs.

Pfft, no. I've started and participated in more shitstorms than I can count.

What do you use the orange thing for?

as a player I use a tablet, but when I'm DMing I have a computer with all of my references pulled up for easy access

Emergency rations.

man DB8 set was so shitty, they really stepped it up for DB9

Adding 2-3 words to your post is such an insignificantly small amount of time wasted to get across your intended meaning in a medium that lacks most of the intricacies other forms of communication have that I might have to assume you're retarded for thinking any relevant amount of your time would be "wasted" by doing so.

I don't understand. Is that a fact or your opinion?

I use my old college backpack for RPG's, it keeps my books, laptop, pencils, papers, and dicebag together in a convenient way

I donno, the only people I've encountered who ask for the distinction are pedantically gearing up for an argument no one else at the table seems interested in.

We should also be sure to specify our pronouns.