Could your party defeat Freddy?

Could your party defeat Freddy?

Easily.
Elves do not dream.

All-thri-kreen party. None of us even need to sleep!

I was about to say "yes" because harming Freddy is comparatively easy but then I remembered he killed a munchkined-out wizard with a giant wheelchair so I say it's up in the air.

>use wish spell to erase Freddy from existence
Well, that was easy.

Currently doing it. It's more Ctulchu than Freddy, but basically same shit.

>Going after the Warlock
>In his own dreams
That's "attacking Jackie Chan in a ladder and chair factory that shares the building with a daycare center" levels of BAD IDEA.

Not even Jason Voorhees could really "defeat" Freddy.

That's the problem with all the shitty slasher movies.
>Is supposed to be superpowered OC donutsteel more powerful than Satan, Hell and G-d himself
>Constantly loses to virgin girls
Thank G-d the genre is dead

How was invading the dreams of an all clown party ever going to be a clever idea?

It's God. Not G-d. By censoring a single letter you aren't protecting yourself from using his name in vain. The idea alone is the goal. God isn't three letters, so some half added self censorship won't protect you.

Spoken like a true gentile.

Kike detected

You dont want to invade the mind of a highfunctioning heroin, crack and alcohol addict who will just put himself into cardiac arrest to pass the time.

>That pic
>That get

Not too hard, the trick is permanency. The plan just needs access to a Cleric and and Artificer of even low level.
-Create headband of detect evil that glows when mind is invaded.
-Grab Krueger.
-Get woken up by party.
-Hold Person on Krueger, then chain him down.

Despite some impressive damage tanking from Freddy vs Jason, non-dream Freddy is just a hevily scarred dude. If you kill him, back to step one. So don't. Find a means to petrify him, torture until mind break leaves him unable t function alive or dead, polymorph into an immortal slime sealed in a jar that get's buried,
feed him to a higher demon in bargain, throw him to a mindflayer, Whatever. Have some fun with it.

Was it Dream Warriors that had Freddy fight a literal D&D wizard (kid)? Either way that kid was murdered pretty easy.

How are we doing this? Are we the players fighting Freddy? Or is Freddy some stat blocked enemy the DM made?

yeah, three posts above you shows you how well you would fare.

if I were the DM, I would give Freddy a stat block, and then completely ignore it.
You know, just like in the movies.

Doesn't play, was in the dream world. If the kid was a real world and dream world wizard, that might count. As is, he just had delusions of grandeur which played pretty well. Real wizard would hit Freddy in the real world to make it stick. Se above '55552680'

>torture until mind break leaves him unable t function alive or dead
Homie was burned alive and knows he is the son of a hundred maniacs, and lives in a world of demon illusion magic. I'm pretty sure you're not going to break him.

I dunno man, as written Contact other Plane can roll into insanity. Use an item to force the spell and repeat until catatonia

>Implying Freddy is sane

Alright, point made. The rest of my point still plays. Petrify him. Seal his living body. Polymorph to an un-killable and lock it away in sensory depervation.

petrification would probably be the best way but certainly not a sure thing. We know that Freddy was able to animate his own bones, and the dream demons have a way of bailing him out of jams.

The only way to truly defeat Freddy would be (depending on game/setting) to erase all knowledge of Freddy from existence, as his power comes from people's fear of him and/or kill the dream demons (somehow)

Petrify, Iron Maiden, Protection from Evil on Iron Maiden. Bury it. Forget it. Make it so hard to free him the Dream Demons look for a new host to empower. Goal is to beat Freddy, not the Demon's Champion forever.

At least the plan to catch Freddy is being accepted as logical.

>Petrify, Iron Maiden, Protection from Evil on Iron Maiden. Bury it. Forget it. Make it so hard to free him the Dream Demons look for a new host to empower. Goal is to beat Freddy, not the Demon's Champion forever.
problem is, the DD's don't give a shit about his physical state, you're going to need to do more than that, at the very least you'll need to trap his soul in something, put that in a tamper proof container, ward the shit out of it, then banish it to the furthest reaches of the multiverse and hope that something doesn't stumble upon it.

Basically, consider him a pun loving lich without a physical phylactery.

>devils trips

oh dear

Dream Warriors > New Nightmare > Original

No, but neither would he be able to kill us.

See pic related, that's my shtick

Satan trips and clowns.

I'm not going to pretend to be surprised.

>Exalted

Yes.

No party can defeat him.

You can go through whatever complicated and the GM can say yep cool he's dead.

Then whenever the party is next sleeping/resting/chilling out/whatever through GM fiat freddy can just appear again and murder everyone.

Full Elan with Erebus, Archangel of Dreams and Magic, says otherwise. The Warlock being level 15(~30/Epic by D&D's metric) supports that. The Warlock in question also having the full Dream spell subpath is just icing on the cake.
Him being married to Erebus' pet dragon is more horrifying than anything Freddy could cook up.

Normal party? Probably put up a good fight and die heroically.
Or if the edgy battle wizbro is in the party trap him in a demonic dimension where he'd either get welcometomyworld'd by greater demons or he'd become a greater demon himself

> An annihilomancer, a climoancer, and a normal guy with a gun
Perhaps.
> A lonely 3.5 elf ranger
Wouldn't even encounter him.
> A group of vampires led by a Malkavian scourge
It's time for Freddy to be scared.

>has literally never read the spell description for Wish
You tried.

Perhaps.

Jason would be the really dangerous enemy. Worse than the lady of pain.

any decent adventuring party could take Jason out. Sure he's strong and unkillable but all they have to do is trap him somewhere. He's basically a medium size troll without fire and acid vulnerability.

>I'm literally playing a lovecraftian being.

With a thought, Freddy was torn asunder, such is the fate of one who enters a great alien's dream.

Wtf are you on?

>PC's blast Jason with acid
>Uses a wish to send his bubbling remains into the center of the sun
>Cast a perma dimension lock, and 48 other spells, binding him in the sun
>Next adventure, the PC's are looting a dragon hoard
>The mage says "look at this" and holds up a small magical statue..
>PC's look at mage and see a machete pop out of the mages chest, killing him instantly
>Jason is standing there...
>PC's flee...
>Get on a ship, sail across the planet
>Dock on an island port...get an inn room
>That night, the cleric goes to bed...
>As he closes the door, a fucking machete strikes through the door, chopping half of the clerics jaw and three fingers off
>Jason kicks in the door, chops off the clerics head, tosses it down the stairs

There's no defeating Jason. Only surviving for a while.

>Jason kicks in the door, chops off the clerics head, tosses it down the stairs

The half-warforged dragon/ warlock godling lv 18? He dies when he turns to see what a noise was behind him. A spear stabs him in the throat, lifting him off his feet, impaling him to a nearby tree.

now I admit I haven't seen ALL of the movies, but I don't recall Jason having the ability to teleport (beyond normal horror movie shenanigans)

Jason is always right behind the victims.
Out of fucking nowhere.
Teleporting, plane shifting, whatever. The fucker is always where he shouldn't or couldn't be.

Jason can't teleport. He just has max ranks in stealth. He's basically Fighter/Assassin with all points in weapon skills and sneak.

>Ghost-Eating Technique
RIP

I dont need party, my character is dream-explorer mage. I bend stuff like that.

While he's never confirmed to teleport, in Jason Takes Manhattan he does manage it twice given the timeframe we have to work with. He either climbs a ladder incredibly fast to throw someone down it, or teleports from street-level to a 1st story floor to throw the Professor out of a window.

Also. Jason and Freddy don't fight people. They kill them. Freddy has fun doing it, but he has strict guidelines in when he can kill. They have to be in a Dream for him to be any good at killing them, and he likes to have fun beforehand. Jason is always trying to kill, you don't outrun him unless he knows he'll catch you immediately after. Once a Slasher of any sort has his hands on you, you're dead meat.

last game played ended with my character being a lich/demigod and the first member of a new panthon under the Lich God Melifluer so he is kinds fucked, we would probably invade his home plane and enslave him.

Could your party defeat Freddie?

He can explicitly teleport in Friday the 13th 10, but only when no one is looking. Though that movie is intentionally shlock.

>Teleports behind u.

They have Killed Pic Related so probobly

Damn it, Mr. Bonkers!