EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Less Cancer Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: How was your prerelease, /edhg/?

My pre-release was fun I got to go full Timmy because I got a bunch of dinos and humans who lowered the cost of them. It was my first time going to one, I was worried there was going to be a lot of casuals who took forever to complete a turn but everyone there was a regular other than the two guys who brought their gfs who sucked.

Anyone have the diabolic tutor with the glowing eye dog and the boy with hotdogs in his mouth? Would be appreciated

I would use the shit out of this card if it said target permanent instead of creature

I stupidly decided to do midnight. I built a mix and match UW deck that had a good bit of removal, so I honestly felt I could do alright but after the first round, I was tired and wanted to go home.

Honestly, I didn't pull anything but this set seems pretty weak for EDH outside of the gravehate pirate and the transforming cards.

The red pirate that steals your opponent's creature is going to be big

I pulled two, fucking destroyed.

thanks user

Why is everyone talking about the hexproof dino but no one is talking about Pirate Vraska for EDH?

You have two turns to deal with her or you can kill someone

Is that transforming cradle this set's money card?

I have a response.

Anyone have the diabolic tutor with the anime girl in the back?

>Thread Question: How was your prerelease, /edhg/?
my band was playing a festival in a different state but i managed to pop into an lgs and scope out some action. seemed like a good scene and saw some good looking board states. i'm curious to dive into some mtgo drafts.

seems that way. i'm kind of hoping it doesn't become an auto-include in every green creature deck because there are already too many auto-includes.

That and the 7/6 green dino, since he'll probably be a standard bomb. In the long run, Growing Rites will be the most expensive card by far.

>girl

Aldritch did nothing wrong

>Growing Rites will be the most expensive card by far

Not him but i kind of doubt that, it's just a rare. The highest I can see it getting is $15 because it's going to be a staple for faggot elf EDH decks.

Don't have the card, but here you go.

No one touched my questions from the last thread. So I'll ask again.

Anyone play Zedruu? Any advice for building? Does it get blown out a lot? Is it fun? Secret Tech/decklist?

What are good utility pieces stapled to creatures in Sultai? I'm playing BUG Sidisi and hate whiffing on my self-mill triggers. I currently really only have acidic slime.

i've never played zedruu or sidsi but edhrec should give you some good ideas.

otherwise you should just do the research yourself. i basically just use gatherer to make all of my decks.

search for BUG creatures with "enters the battlefield" and you will get a comprehensive list.

Thats the one, thanks

use pacifism like cards. give them to opponents and they can do anything with them while you get free draws. hell make a deck with only those cards and win cons. force others to attack, steal some shit sometimes, vows are a hell of a drug.

you dont need to help, just "help"

>Admiral Brecekett Brass pirate/rogues
>or Ludevic/Vial spellslinger
what should I go with? Currently playing GW enchantress/tokens with Karametra, and I want something that plays different

Grandma pirate doesn't seem that good since you have to deal damage with minimum three pirates to get her ability going

And if by some chance you get a huge number of pirates and attack everyone, you'll still only be able to steal one thin from one person.

>tfw autistic
>cant play a deck unless I like the character, theme, way the deck plays, and the colors

Im stuck with one deck and just pick up foils for the deck occasionally

I'm looking to rebuild a deck I haven't touched in a while and throw some new cards into it hopefully, what are some of the most powerful combat damage triggers in Grixis? Things like

>Mindleech Mass
>Wrexial
>Ink Eyes
>Lord of the Void
>Balefire Dragon
>Necropolis Reagent
>Double Strike
>Unblockable stuff

CMC isn't to much a worry it's a pretty casual playgroup, going big once is all that matters, but the theme is combat triggers and things that bolster them, any good cards from the last few sets I need?

Alright, its that time again. The Treasure Mage comes rolling in on his shitty looking ride. What is it?

EDHg I need a Halloween themed deck for my favorite Holiday. Spooky decks please.
Unfortunately cant afford All Hallows Eve.

Probably not Granny, I've been trying to figure out how to make her work for a good few weeks now, and it's really annoying.

It's so much fucking investment for a chance at stealing one non-land Permanent (possibly 2, if you Strionic).

Meanwhile, while you're trying to get into a position where you can land a hit with all 3 creatures, and still end up with something worth stealing, everyone else is dropping bombs, ramping hard, or finding their combo pieces.

And it's a pain too, because I cracked a foil copy of her at the pre-release, and I really want to make her.
She really seems like she's only good for flavor.

Letsgo

my baby

Zambies?

Spooky scary Skullington (that's actually an Elemental Zombie instead of a Plant Skeleton).

Alternatively, like, any Dimir.

you could always do a scarecrow deck?

Is this even a question?

Ill do this I think. Im only using Scarecrows though no changelings because im autistic about theme.

Good luck, man. There are basically like 4 Scarecrows that aren't draft fodder.

Scarecrow tribal just doesnt exist, but raperking has the benefit of being 5 colors so you can get any card thats spooky

>no changelings

thats a dumb handicap. its like you want to cut off your legs but still want to cut off your arms and your face. you might as well make custom cards while your at it.

Doesnt have to win to have fun. I have a pubstomp deck already
I know

>No Cairn Wanderer
But it's the spookiest.

Aldritch Ames?

thats a better idea. run all kinds of fun things that are spooky. chainer can work by himself.

its not about winning, its about actually putting up a decent fight then losing.

this. some changlings are spooky as fuck. they rob cradles to fit in (or eat babies) and shit.

>its not about winning, its about actually putting up a decent fight then losing.

Why would you spend $100+ to lose with a deck that you know is bad?

i get to show enough creatures to show you what the theme is, they connect the dots, have a good laugh, then get food chained because edh is serious business.

its "fun"

It seems fun to do on cockatrice since it's free or mtgo because it would be like $10 or something but I wouldn't spend money for paper on a joke deck you'd only play once for halloween

Grimgrin is a slasher flick monster on crack who also has the flavor of hunting down your opponents and feasting upon others. You've got a lot of other good zombies, too.

I didn't pass priority turbonerd

How much do you guys enjoy goodstuff decks? All of my current ones have a very narrow focus and specific game plan. They work but in very specific and expected ways. I like a bit of guesswork in my games and winning with new or unexpected ways seems fun. I figure goodstuff is a good place to try that out.

Shoulda indicated you were holding it, gigafaggot.

i was making fun of anons no changelings dumb restrictive "rule" and >Doesnt have to win to have fun
you can still make the deck able to win with some synergy/combos and have fun with the theme, but when you put up even more dumb restrictions because "i dont like thing even though it fits my already restrictive theme" why even make it?

a well buildt reaper king edh would be fun to have around, and scarecrows might come back or more changelings. but if its spookytown you can make it cheap and throw in some cards laying around.

I never stopped playing cards you just interrupted me while I was tapping more mana. Slow your roll you double nigger

Even most of what people claim are just goodstuff.dec have clear, dedicated wincons in them. I can't I've ever built or played against a deck that didn't have some form of end game it aimed for, even if that end goal is just 'have enough dudes + overrun effect".

I assumed it'd be mainly creature damage, sometimes general depending on your commander, maybe direct damage from a big fireball type effect, etc. As opposed to the same one time and again.

That is a very popular pic.

>55548922

Hey /edhg/, what is your favorite, recently added secret tech?

>pic related with teferi's protection in a flicker build

I guess? Maybe my playgroup just isnt as hardcore, but even most 'combo' decks we play have multiple ways to end the game so it keeps things from just being 1 plan.

Now that i think of it, my friend's shirei deck is probably what you'd consider good stuff, since it just sorta out values people to death. But i personally wouldnt call it goodstuff, since evrything is still working towards specific game states, and 85% of the cards in it probably don't see play with other commanders to any notewprthy degree.

5 decides my commander

Bad news...

>How was your prerelease, /edhg/?

Dinosaurs ruled the earth. Such is the way of Sealed.

Ink Eyes

GAAIV The Grand Conjunction approaches but methinks this a bit early to fish for it.

Sherei

STANGG. CANT SPELL STANGG WITHOUGHT GG

Zurgo

Nico Bolas

Angus mackinze

Krenko

No retard. E-witness and archeomancer can repeatedly get back pull from eternity and teferi's protection. It's not the phasing that is key

daxos the returned

Ramos

Tobias

Shattergang

triad of fates

my dick

Foil Xiao Dun.

Sedris

Tobias
Wow, its almost as though you were completely non-specific as to what you even meant.

quit playing magic

This happy fellow.

Gitrog

jesus christ thats terrible

tobias is just... boring

Just do wu whatever. When you win chuck the duces like tobias and talk smack.

Alesha the one with the penis

>got burned so hard I had to research the card to figure it out
Jesus user, have fun with that.

What are some non-Dino staples for Gishath? I've never built Naya or even Green before, but I have Xenagod, Iroas, Tooth & Nail, and Overwhelming Stampede set aside for this deck.

Acidic Slime
Craterhoof
Mana dorks

Gishath only really benefits from dinos as a commander, he doesn't really seem good at all for a commander anyway since he's already 8 mana and by the time you get him down someone will have removal to answer him

Fair points, it is a rare and would be shocking if it cost more than 15$.

Which Ixalan card do you think will cost more though? There is Timmy-is-a-little-retard-throw-him-a-bone trample hexproof dinosaur, which will be expensive while it exists in Standard, but what else in the set would pass Growth Rites' price?

Fuck your attitude and the price spike of All Hallow's Eve.

Play nothing but snow lands and play Winter's Night.

I could see Vraska going up a bit but B/G isn't really being supported at all so it might go down a bit. I really hate that this set is focusing on tribes so much that any card outside of it won't be good

Play Ice Age shit for maximum irony

>How was your prerelease, /edhg/?
my 2nd prerelease ever

went 0-2 and then friends wanted to leave because we were all 0-2

feels like i paid $30 to be worse at deckbuilding than other people

It's all about what you pull really too. If you don't have a lot of wincons or tempo it's insanely difficult to do things a lot of the game.

Stop netdecking and go to more sealed events and you'll get better at deck building eventually. You also have to play in more formats other than EDH because depending on your play group if its casual which it sounds like since all of you lost you just get worse over time