Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Conscript spam nerf Soon™ edition

Previous >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Special characters are ruining the game.

Also, tank.

>As dead as Alpharius.
So NOT

Fug I forgot to include the OLD one

henlo tank

Conscript WAACunts eternally BTFO
My only regret is that none of them will have painted their soon to be useless hordes

>from the pure a e s t h e t i c s of the predator to a literal slug on tracks
what a time to be alive

Am I literally the only one who likes the look of the Plaguecrawler?

What buffs and nerfs are on your wishlist for Chapter Approved, /40kg/?

GW's stock is soaring - Will this be good or bad for us suckers buying their crap?

Which of the 7 Plague Companies do you think is best?

1. Typhus and pals. Specializes in Poxwalkers.
2. Mechanized guys. Rhinos, Predators and Land Raiders galore.
3. Footslogging guys. Like to dig in and enjoy a nice siege.
4. Daemon guys. Ruled over by a gestalt daemon called the 'eater of lives'.
5. Daemon Engine guys. Bloat Drones, Blight Haulers and Plaguebursts are their thing.
6. Ship guys. Maintain the fleet, steal ships. Like terminators.
7. Mortarion's boys. Alchemists and plague brewery is their specialty.

I need to see it up close really, but its a lot smaller than I think pictures give it credit for which I think really works for its credit.

It doesn't have anything to do with you, you fucking non stock owning pleb

>Regimental doctrines soon
>Waacfags abandoning Guard because of incoming conscript nerf
Rejoice Comrades!

Cheaper powerklaws! Cheaper trukk and/or ramshackle happening on a 5 or 6! Cheaper meganobz!

How would I represent the remnants of a destroyed army on the table? I wanna make a fluffy lamenters list that makes it seem like theyre the last ones left.

>soaring
>-6.89%

lol

So is Typhus still cheaper than the generic version of whatever he is?

And most of regiments are still metal.

>Guard players
>Unpainted guards
>Implying guard players doesn't have buckets of guards anyways
>Implying platoons won't comeback
>Implying instead of conscript blobs won't be good old guard blob
>Implying rank an file guards won't become cheaper and get minor buffs to compete against conscripts
T.buttblasted grey legion tau player

-0.38%
-6.89 is difference in price per share, not percentile change

I'm only in crypto, get on my level.

You read it wrong in so many ways I don't even know where to start.

I really wish it had a 3+ BS.

I just can't do 4+ or worse. Almost never perform well during my games.

The price on not being a cadians cuck

No.

Typhus is 175.

Base loadout of Lord of Contagion is 150 but it can be brought down to 137. So both can be used reasonably IMO. Lord can take a good warlord trait, or just be useful for a terminator bomb instead of babysitting poxwalkers.

>Buff
Tau
Eldar especially LoW especially especially Titans
Wraithlords
Nemesis force weapons that aren't falchions
Power fist prices for non-codex Marines
Chainfists and eviscerators
kSons not named Magnus
Flamers
Battle cannons
Leman Russes in general
Non-horde Orks
>Nerf
Cawl because FUCK Cawl
Celestine but only outside of Sisters detachments
Guilliman
Typhus
Horde Orks but only slightly
IG HWTs

To name a few.

Is it bad to take a Leviathan with one drill and one shooty arm?

Typhus was nerfed already nigger.

166>175pts.

>He spent real actual money on not money
o h
l m a o

I like the 5th company a lot but that's some clear bias on my part because they have Weeping Legion in there and I love those guys and their paint scheme.

Lore wise it's probably 1st or 7th.

>incoming conscript nerf
I really hope conscripts or at least blobs remain viable and aren't knee-jerked into unviability.

Double reposting my Deimos idea because I need feedback of SOME kind before I drop a bunch of money on terminators.

Admech battalion
Stygies VII rules but not really
Dominus - warlord, Autocadaceus, necromechanic
Enginseer
2 squads of 5x rangers with 2x arquebus and omnispex
2 squads of 10x Vanguard with tethers, one with 3x Plasma and one with 3x arc Rifles
3 onagers, one with icarus and 2 with neutron, all with extra stubbers

GK Vanguard
Grandmaster Voldus - gate, Hammerhand, vortex
Paladin ancient with psilencer
2 squads of Paladins - 2x psilencer and falchions, paragon with hammer, rest with falchions
1997pts

Also on a side note, how the hell am I supposed to whittle this down to like 1500 for a normal game? I'd basically just be playing Admech at that point unless I throw in an auxiliary or something right? Or maybe run them as just terminators, not Paladins.

>9 point increase means he's balanced
He should cost more than that. He's a better LoC who's also a Sorcerer who's also a Poxwalker force multiplier. His literal only downside is that his WT is meh but you were going to make Morty your warlord anyway since you're a fucking faggot.

Judging by wording they'll be just as hard to remove and just as annoying.

They won't be as killy though. That is, if they remove orders from them.

>anything buff/nerf happening in Chapter Approved
It's gonna be a printed version FAQ with minor updates/gametypes that you have to pay for. Watch.

Let's say you were a guardsmen on your way to face a threat. What is the one army you don't want it to be and why?

Daemons need something.
I don't know what but something.
Only way my Daemons are a legit threat is if I bring more Heralds, our basic troops need a buff, our Greater Daemons need to be harder to kill. Tzeentch doesn't need anything.
Make Daemonic Icons cheaper or more useful, a 1 in 6 chance to get some units back during moral is not worth 25 points, it's honestly just more efficient to run MSU than to waste points on those things.
We're a horde army without a reliable means to ignore morale and a melee army without transports, our deepstrike got removed and replaced with unreliable Daemonic Ritual, and we lost our Warp Storm, we're so fucked right now.

Dark Eldar. At least all the other armies will kill me quickly.

>Stygies VII rules but not really
You should use Lucius. It's more fluff-accurate for Deimos and less WAAC for a counts-as tactic.

>how the hell am I supposed to whittle this down to like 1500 for a normal game?
Drop an Onager, turn one Panadin squad into an Ancient.
>Terminators
No you don't. Always Paladins.

Nah. I like it. I am buying 3.

>Ancient
I meant Apothecary.

Space marines because I wouldn't want to fight against the Emperor's finest just because my superiors needed certain political ends met or were traitors.

Though in terms of enemies I wouldn't want to fight for fear factor reasons, it would be tyranids, then dark eldar, then non-Khornate Chaos Marines, then Orks.
The idea of "becoming" your enemy once you're defeated is terrible.

Good taste. Me too.

How are you gonna run them? I like poxwalkers, blightlords, deathshroud, roombas, all the characters...

I just like everything. Can't fit it in a list. And imagine trying it with Mortarion too...

If Meganobz had either 4 wounds or an invulnerable save I'd use them. The ability to use Tellyportas (or whatever the Orks call it) would make Meganobz propa Terminator equivalents.

Dark Eldar or Daemons, and I'd probably be more scared of Daemons, because the fact that I even know about them means I'm fucked.

> t. Retarded wage slave with no investments
I guess begging off children/grandkids is one way to live out your silver years

Yeah I was gonna do Lucius regardless after I remembered they had the deepstriking and whatnot.

Are apothecaries that useful? And is Voldus a trap. He seems too good to be so cheap.

is there a good source for warhammer audiobooks other than audiobookbay?

This desu senpai

I'm up 11.3% on average this year, feels good

Nurgle can turn you into poxwalkers, which retain consciousness after they die.

I painted some of my guns grey.

What's a good wash and highlight?

I was thinking something darker?

Tyranids, Slaanesh or Dark Eldar. I know you said one but pretty much any of those three and I'll march myself up to the Commissar's office and announce my intention to fuck his mother.

So are you a boy? Or a girl?

>Are apothecaries that useful?
They're alright if you're on a budget. The Ancient is better but you already have one. Alright if paired with Paladins since you get the most bang for your buck then.

>is Voldus a trap
Nope. The only reason you wouldn't take him over an unnamed GM is if you wanted your GM to be in a baby carrier.

Russian site called vk.com

>take_a_look_it's_in_the_paint_app.jpg

Holy shit I hadn't seen this level of assblasted since the last time someone said Be'lakor was a failure in the presence of Carnac.

Where is this information about a supposed guard nerf coming from?

>Buff
Maleceptor. I want to use it for more than being an expensive paperweight.
>Nerf
Azrael. Tired of fighting his ass with all the fucking DA players at my lgs.

A bunch of bad players' wet dreams

>tfw shitty Windows phone
At least I have Duncan.

I have and will paint up Morty, but I am only bring him out for big battles/ special occasions. Like 3k+, the 30k etiquette.
I plan on running a little bit of everything. I hate spamming. But one to two crawlers, one to two drones, 30 to 40 pox walkers, two seven man plague squads... one or two buff guys, then a Scorcer and Chaos Lord. All the models are so nice I want to use them all

Yep, hence why they're my third choice. However I see that as different than being digested and turned into so alien a creature as a Tyranid biomass, probably somehow feeding the Tyranid warp-soul. As a plague zombie you're still "you", just a plague zombie.

Conscripts + commissar dominate the meta right now after the 8E switchover, now the IG codex is the next release and it's expected they will be nerfed to be less lethal and less unbreakable.

Its not.

The paint app suggests gunmetal as leadbelcher, nuln oil and stormhost silver.

Newest community article. It says that Conscripts will have a new rule to reflect how disorganized they are.

Smart money is that they wont be able to take orders.

paint apps shit
play testers hinted at it and got people hopeful
t. conscript spamming WAACfag

That's solid gains user.

That's what I wanna do.

Are you me?

Fuck that shit, Tau do not need a buff.

Lictors need a fucking buff

But enough about my gym routine, ha ha

No but seriously, being a chad is pretty great

Tau are objectively shit unless you spam Commanders, and we already know they're going to be nerfed.

I didn't know enough about Tyranids to comment on them.

Are you a twenties something married guy in a shit tier government job counting the months until he drops his 'fuck you im out' packet? Who can't play with models until they are fully painted and based?

>community page lists Vostroyans as one of the regiments getting new rules
Oh good my store owner and I were worried they might be discontinuing them, glad to hear that isn't the case.
I want their models for my Renegades and Heretics

This.
Shout out to my Veeky Forums, well dressed, adjusted adults who play this game. It can't just be us.

>commander spam nerf
Source?

Sadly no, I'm just an autist struggling to make it.

> debasing the single best Imperial Guard model line by turning them to the WAACfaggotry of R&H
You disgust me.

Looks like the kind of solid block of resin a 3rd party manufacturer would put out.

Or maybe it will be commissars killing d3 models instead of 1 given that it says they lack discipline not order.

Amen user. Amen.

>Cawl because FUCK Cawl
Is Cawl really considered OP? I played without him the other day and didn't really perform any worse than I normally do with him, beyond missing a few more shots than usual.

Questions time, tg:
What is your faction?
What are you working on?
When do you have last game? And how was it?
When do you plan next game?
And hard question say something nice about faction you like least

It's hearsay based on FLG's spouting. For what it's worth, that much is pretty reliable, Also palying an army of nothing but Commanders is blatant WAACfaggotry not helped by the fact that Crisis suits are awful so all the Taucunts from 7th are doing this now.

>R&H without Malefic Lords
>WAAC
what

>inb4 that shitty 3d printed crawler

He's nowhere near as cancerous as he was in 7th, but with Mars' new rules he's still basically an auto-include.

>Using them for that purpose

How are R&H WAAC?
I'm buying like two Malefic Lords, because I can't buy only one, and intend to mostly use Marauders, the one that can take two snipers, with some Cultists/Militia, using Vostroyans as my Marauders, Disciples, and Command Squad.
Plus a converted Commissar as my Renegade Enforcer.
R&H is just my way of giving my Chaos Army snipers and maybe some guard tanks/transport.
no u
shhh, they look cool and I play Chaos.

Spesh Muhrines

Bought a predator and an assault squad

Yet to play. Gonna go balls deep soon though

Whenever I am happy with my shitty painting skills

I like the heavy purple color schemes

>What is your faction?
Black Legion.

>What are you working on?
Some Berzerkers.

>When do you have last game? And how was it?
Yesterday vs. Salamanders. Heavy firepower from the Havocs and Predator picked apart his Dreadnought heavy list before it could even get close both times, and a tide of Khorne Berzerkers annihilated his Cataphratii and Vanguard Vets both times they tried to deepstrike in. He conceded two times in a row.

>When do you plan next game?
Next Saturday.

>And hard question say something nice about faction you like least
Some Tau models don't look like total ass.

>with Mars' new rules he's still basically an auto-include.

That's more GW's fault for there being no other special characters in AdMech and them making half the dogmas mediocre.

thank you very much

Not really. Mars' dogma being good on its own is another problem entirely, but Cawl's completely insane force multiplier rule is going too far.

It says a lot that people are going to play Mars and bring him even though they give up guaranteed canticles on the turns they want then AND the -1 his modifier of Stygies.

>What is your faction?
Dark Eldar, Emperor's Children and Tau!

Building some stealth suits on and off atm, probably some Kroot soon

>When did you have your last game? How was it?
Just last night, and it was good! 2k vs Raven Guard which should be a dicey match up but we were able to decisively pull through!

>When do you plan your next game?
Probably friday!

>Something nice about a faction you hate?
Warp Spiders are really cool and have neat lore!

How would you go about converting or creating a generic Lord for Death Guard?

Not talking terminator, just a guy in power armour for the reroll aura mainly.

Also what would you do for a Daemon Prince with Wings?

I was debating whether or not to pick Chem-dogs or Krieg for a new guard army, seems like chem-dogs might actually get custom rules and stuff now, i'm glad i've still not decided.

>faction
Chaos Slaanesh, Daemons, Emperor's Children, Slaanesh R&H
>working on
Possessed, Daemonettes, and I still haven't finished painting my Noise Marines, I need to stop procrastinating, I finished my Chosen squads before my Noise Marines and the Noise Marines are older.
>last game/how it went
Just under two weeks ago, been a bit busy with other things, it went okay, I won at least.
>next game
In a couple days, store is closed until then
>something nice about faction I like least
The Smurfs have, uh, I like the Roman aesthetic, very Roman.

>What is your faction?
Admech
-Just finished painting up a Engiseer and put together some melee Electro Priests
A few hours ago, went well tables DG by turn six. I would have lost due to objectives though if we didnt get that extra turn.
Not sure, hopefully Wednesday.
Stealth Suits look really cool.

What kit would provide the most weapons and bits for converting Guard and Renegades? Trying to build a mutant horde to go with some CSM and want variety in the models.

>Supposed to be daemon engine
>no face
>no limbs
>no CC ability

A daemon engine doesn't need all of the above, but it certainly needs to look or act in a way other than just a regular tank with an invul.

>What is your faction?
Main marines, but have quite a few different armies.
Building up a nid force and magnetizing all my marine stuff
man, I haven't got a game in in quite a long while, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to get one in again.
Some tau models look pretty cool, I just wish that every time they fight someone most of the enemy goes full retard.

Man it's not even fun making necron lists in 8th. Everything is so fucking expensive, not a lot of options. Something needs to be done.

Without knowledge of the setting?
Treacherous Guardsmen, because honestly fighting against someone with the same amount of training would be tough, and Emperor help me if it turns out to be Marines and Daemons
With full knowledge of the setting?
Necrons

>Necrons
Interesting one. Explain? Is it just because of FOs?