I need pictures!

I need pictures!
PICTURES OF ORCS!

for a larp costume

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VoAfb3f04mo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are green martians what inspired the green skinned and tusked orcs as a fantasy trope? I made some research on this and I'm not 100% sure, but I think there might be a connection.

Anyway, contribootin

who knows.
I heard it started with early GW where orcs originally were painted black but then one guy just painted them green and it caught on.
Dunno how true that is though.

That sounds plausible. D&D orcs were mostly depicted as pig-headed until AD&D 2, when they started to look more like the general orc. Tusked, green orcs haven been around since the early 80s, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was GW's doing.

goddamn love the thought that went into this image. How the troll (or big orc?) has a trunk club with a reinforced branch and skull trophies showing clear signs of the danger this bronze (?) spike poses

Porcs are the best orcs. Unfortunately the rarest too.

>filename
Well now it has to be posted.

youtu.be/VoAfb3f04mo

I think he's a troll. The image is from an old MERP-module cover.

One, probably untrue, story I heard is that GW goblin/orc fanboy Kevin Adams showed up for work severely hung over one day and so sick he was so sick he was green in the face. So the Citadel team began to paint their gobbos and orcs green in honour of that occurence.

thread theme.
I used to sing this in the navy. officers were not amused

Yeah, I also think it's a troll, but it has a strong orc-ish look on it, so that's it.

That anecdote sounds just as plausible as the other one, user. It might be that both are true.

Where's this from? Looks like some Bakshi's movie. Is it his LotR? I thought it was unfinished.

just search
"return of the king cartoon"

Bakshi did Lord of the Rings.

Rankin/Bass did Hobbit and Return of the King.

What could have been, and we got uncanny valley albino orc instead.

yeah, the hobbit movies were an atrocity in CG over practical effects.

Damn that was close.