Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Plastic Sisters edition

Previous >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW[Open]

Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/24/daemon-engines-a-battlefield-in-a-box-and-a-new-codex/

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/25/regimental-focus-catachan-sep25gw-homepage-post-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=wRxusGgwVt0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are these worth lots of money yet?

Homsex

Does anyone with the new WD know if it says how many Plague Marines come in a box? I've heard 7 but it's priced like TS which is 10.

7th for im done shitposting for now

Are Sicarians any good? 10 martians with flachette seems fun for mortal wounds, and tasers are fun too for lots of hits

But are power swords and stubbers worth it anywhere? And are they only good for attacking non-melee squads?

They are worthless now.

People overbuy them because they were broken in game.

Now the collectors hate them because they are too common and too many waacfag bought them, and the few collectors that don't hate them already have it.

Enjoy your worthless plastic, user.

Afaik it's 7

>Kharn: then i kicked her in the tits and ripped her head off as the stupid bitch that she is.
>random berserker guy: but she reincarnates more stronger than she was before
>Kharn: i know, this is why killed her.

Anything interesting in new White Dwarf?

They are worth < original RRP I'm afraid.

>that mace
They literally just chopped the head off of one of those Deathwing maces and popped it onto an old rotten stick didn't they?

Yeah I was being sarcastic. I will probably throw them in my closet and sit on them for a while. Worst case scenario I'll enjoy painting them when I'm old.

>but she reincarnates more stronger than she was before

She actually gets weaker.

Guard aren't getting nerfed.

You think GW didn't want this to happen? They figured it out.

4 riptides is ~$200. 120 conscripts is $360. And then there's commissars, which are $15 each, and officers, and so on...

Besides they're not even that strong. Waah waah waah conscripts are OP, just get snipers and shoot the commissar.

Git gud.

Catachan news
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/25/regimental-focus-catachan-sep25gw-homepage-post-2/

GW doesn't want huge armies of grey soldiers either.
They are bad publicity.

>natural +1 strength
Will be nuts on Straken
>reroll random shot weapons
Useful but not OP HAX BROKEN.

I'm gonna get the Plague Champion and run him as my Death Guard Lord, I'd keep his powefist, I might give him a combi plasma from the Blightlord kit in his other hand.

Of course, the cute Nurgling would be the real Lord. I could even give him the Fulgaris helmet to boost his aura and have it be modelled as the Nurgling helmet.

...well, that's going to make 'Throw a horde of conscripts and a priest at people' a lot scarier.

>Vortex stratagem
It's....alright, but not nearly 3CP good.

>Command Squad equipped with flamers all re-rolling
>Every conscript is s4
>Everybody with a power fist can destroy rhinos

Fucking yes please.

>jungle roiders are as strong as space marines
why

I dig the rules. Fluffy and useful, but so far not bullshit.

I do want to see what they're doing for the Mordian's tomorrow.

I like it, fluffy and useful.

I would put money on Conscripts having a rule saying they do not gain the benefits of Doctrines

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST

Because the game doesn't have 3.5 as a possible stat. You've got a limited scale and 'Human' and 'Marine' are only 1 apart.

I would love to see a similar rule for a SOB order. SOB have these units (Like Repentia and Celestians) that are SUPPOSED to be good at melee but the human statline lets them down a lot.

>Mfw my Bullgryns are S8 with Mauls now
FUCK YEAH

>git gud

typical response from someone playing an easy mode army, yet just like the tau players of 7th, when your army gets nerfed, you won't "git gud" you'll just cry and then jump ship.

holy shit that's good
too bad the minis suck though
new plastics when

But Catachan are just like SM recruits.
Berfore Geneseed and power armour.

I doubt Bullgryns will gain doctrines. They can't have the CATACHANS keyword.

Aren't they AUXILIA and not [REGIMENT]?

That would mean they don't get shit from this.

Doh, you're right. Sorry user, I got excited, I run 30 in 3 armored transports.
Yep, sorry.

Isn't it just any infantry? Don't they have 《REGIMENT》 in the index?

>Don't they have 《REGIMENT》 in the index?
No. They are AUXILIA

Nvmnd

Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here.

Guard have been shit for fucking years you stupid fuck
Guard getting nerfed now won't lead to people jumping ship when they have been a weak as fuck faction for over a decade, the only people who would possibly be leaving are powergamers

Just bought 10 of these. How much success have other admechbros out there have had with them?

There Are No Ogryns On Catachan.

A Catachan would shit all over your average SM recruit, they live on what is possibly the most dangerous place in the known Galaxy that can support life. If you haven't made your first kill before leaving childhood, you don't leave childhood.

The superstrength granted by the geneseed would push them over in terms of pure strength, but perhaps not on how to use it.

Excuse you? Tau fags don't paint their armies. Don't paint IG connoisseurs with that same brush.

Is it worth it at all to field Corpuscarii Electro-Priests? Or are Fulgurites the only ones worth taking?

You'd prefer to paint with used brushes?
cause I suck on all of mine

If you can get them into combat, they will kill shit, but remember you want to kill the entire unit in melee, as if the unit dies from morale, you don't get the 3++.

But unless you go for the teleport FW or until we get vehicles, GETTING them there is the hard part.

except most guard players who played when guard was shit aren't putting 200 conscripts on the table along with BobbyG. so if you're a long time guard player, a conscript nerf won't even effect you, so why are you worried?

I mean unless you're a waacfag who doesn't want to lose his crazy cheap meat shields.

If this wasn't a Guard stratagem you use once per game it'd be garbage.

With a Command Reroll this brings average effect vs the main unit to 9.17 mortal wounds and a much more solid chance of hurting the surround.

Also, main coded preview says conscripts are getting a nerf. What do y'all think that's gonna be?

>can't take orders
>can't benefit from regimental bonuses
>can't benefit from leadership bonuses
>summary execution doesn't work

My money's on them not getting obsec, while Infantry Squads and Scions do. It'll bring infantry squads back up into the fore and force grey tide players to actually focus on tactics.

You know that Fenris is considered most dangerous death world in Imperium?
So you have Catachan level primitives, then Wolves choose best of them and turn them into Marines(after sorting the best from best)

This week excites me. I've decided long ago to use my cadians as Conscripts and infantry teams and pick a regiment for vets. All these new rules will probably make up my mind for me now. DEM MUSCLEMEN THO

>no space marine chapters recruit from deathworlds whatsoever

So I've been really longing to have a winged hussar based army, I know the FW IG has horses, but which one would be the most fitting to convert into hussars?
I suspect vostroyans

RIP AND TEAR

Because Combined Squads was removed so we actually can't blob properly anymore if conscripts are made useless.

Post yfw a jungle soldier kills a Primaris marine.

Fellas. I finally have a use for my 15 power axes. Are they better than Mauls now with 4 base strength?

That strategem is the IG equivalent of the marines Orbital Strike strategem ; fluffy, but nobody in their right mind would use it to try and win a game.

Why is Vortex missile so shitty? Wasn't it the most dangerous weapon in Imperium?

I'm not worried, but I used the hell out of cons in 6-7th, we already know conscripts are getting nerfed, but what could be done that doesn't absolutely ruin the unit. No orders is a given.

>>summary execution doesn't work

That would be dumb. That said, my money is on something like not able to take orders because they mentioned conscripts are not as well trained as the regular soldiers.

How valuable are big mek in an ork army with a handful of Kans and dreads? I am thinking about getting one

Anyone? I want to take a full 10 man squad of Fulgurites but I don't have enough points, wondering if Corpuscarii are a good substitute.

>can't take orders
given, and expected
>can't benefit from regimental bonuses
stupid, but it depends on the bonus honestly
>can't benefit from leadership bonuses
congrats you just made the unit worthless, it's only useful when paired with a commissar
>summary execution doesn't work
see above
>no obsec
this is fine

Why is an Orbital Strike so shitty? Isn't it a friggin' space ship firing ordnance into a warzone from high orbit?

Disagree. It's not reliable but the AoE effect can make an enormous amount of pain.

Consider this: toss the missile at a deathstar of, say, conscripts (because everyone hates them right now). You hurt the conscripts, sure, but you also roll a dice to stack mortal wounds that can't be LOS!'d away onto the commissar, the officer, that primaris Psyker that's making their armor 4+...

It's a deathstar buster.

I like all that mortal wound stuff on paper, but ruststalkers seem fairly fragile.

I bet combined squads will be a stratagem just like combat squads became a SM stratagem.

post yfw you are an autist shitter disappointed that they didn't copy the RG tactic for Catachan so you have to find a new source of shitposting so other autists shitpost too and you feel empowered.

Remember that AM have far many CPs on average than the others.

it's only a stratagem to combat squad in the middle of a game, you can do it for free before the game

It's a situational deathstar buster that requires a specific one shot unit, has a high price and only does what you really want it to on a lucky roll.

Nice digits

youtube.com/watch?v=wRxusGgwVt0

>if I can't force my opponent to waste 4 turns using all of his firepower killing 600pts worth of chaff they're useless

>no orders
Nope, that's crippling.

not as much as the other options it's not, no commissars or LD buffs is objectively the worst case scenario

>>Post yfw a jungle soldier kills a Primaris marine
>Be me, Primaris Marine
>first day out
>Super excited
>Supposed to kill some heretics or some shit according to the Captain
>Don't even care, just happy to be out of training
>Take one step near a destroyed box
>Suddenly explosions start to sound off around me
>Roided up mambo's dressed like those soldiers in the cheesy holotape videos jump out to ambush us
>Thiswasn'tinthecodex.jpg
>ran at us with fucking planks of wood
>literal pieces of splinters and debris
>Pierce our armour and kill us all
>Look on my Captain's face when I die to 'average human'

>4 turns
What are you, bringing nothing but lascannons? I lost over half a platoon of conscripts the other day to a tau shooting phase. Sure, not everyone can shoot like that, but nobody has NO crowd blenders.

>best shooting phase in 5he game
>I lost 75 points of models!!
Thanks for proving his point

>>can't take orders
>>can't benefit from regimental bonuses
>>can't benefit from leadership bonuses

Just removing the REGIMENT keyword achieve these.

>50% of a 150pt unit per shooting phase.
>2 of those units takes 4 turns to kill

oh wow, conscripts are even more broken than previously stated

>mfw I will never be able to post smug anime girls at people praising GW for giving catachans the RG rules and having those rules across 3 armies and those people proclaiming 8th as the greatest 40k yet

So why isn't there a marine chapter that recruits from catachan?

Maybe Tallarn will get it or something.

Wtf GW

Because they only produce guardsmen. Giving them to a chapter basically fucks that up.

I like how you're all upset at really cool and unique rules.

Shoot and punch it then? I mean, even tactical marines should be able to punch the conscriptsinto the ground after unloading 20 or so bolter rounds to the face, right?

what did GW mean by this?

yeah shit for brain, remove the ability for conscripts to use a commissar, that makes sense and totally wouldn't make the unit 100% worthless

Are there sovereign citizens in the 41st millennium?

I can just choose to use the Index Conscripts and forgo regiment bonuses, right? : ^ )

Yes, they are called heretics.

the taurox is skinny and lanky with a baby battle cannon, while the deathstrike has a dickmissile that is basically the size of its entire chassis

Except that removing the REGIMENT keyword still make them able to use commissars.

How is retardation treating you?