Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Catachan strong as Marines edition

Previous >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/25/regimental-focus-catachan-sep25gw-homepage-post-2/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Arch-Arsonist
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

p

Anybody able to help?

Nth for S7 straken arm wrestling hellbrutes

Repost
So what can a S7 Straken tackle as far as monsters go now. That reroll seems alot more important at that threshold, right?

Would 3 Plaguecrawler Tanks backed up by reroll 1 aura and reroll all failed wounds with the battlecannon be a good investment for firepower?

They can take the shield eternal

I need Ork art.

Not much
Straken honestly sucks in 1 on 1 fights, he has a shit invuln and he has the equivilant of a handheld autocannon, which just won't put out the wounds on a big guy
Throw him into a unit of standard space marines or other medium infantry and watch him blend them though

This is a Captain for my new Ultima Founding Chapter. Please show off your own kitbashes and conversions to inspire me.

this Death Guard release has been handled really poorly.

spread out over too many weeks, the prices are bad, the sprues don't have many options.

>Catachan strong as Marines edition
>Not "Catachan stronk, benches a sentinel and doesn't afraid of nothing."

I'm sad his rule is still wasted. Sounds cool to tackle Lictors though

Can someone shop (you) under his hand?

It's better than what I can draw.

LITTLE

S4 Cons here we FUCKING COME

hand without sword are from....?

Going up against "monaterous creatures: the army" nids, not much unfortunately, at least ehen hes alone.
4 attacks hitting on 2s wounding on 4s rerolling comez out to 2.5 wounding hits and the same number of wounds on 3+ saves, meanwhile a monster will roll over him without a second thought.

Yup, lots of old gear options went away.

No they can't, that has to replace a Storm Shield.

>TFW Conscripts will not benefit from doctrines and can only receive three basic orders.

Any EU fag know of a cheap good brand for platinum silicon? I wanna try recasting my own shit

The Intercessor kit.

That always gets me.

That's what you get for being a traitor with a cuck primarch
I bet mortarion likes rick and morty

Conscripts wont be allowed to use orders at all.
>no regiment keyword
>commissars cant use summery execution or improve their leadership.

He looks like he's got a microphone built into his sword hilt, and is on stage singing like a heartthrob.
"I'm nothing without yoooouuuu, girl!"

It's been four weeks hasn't it? Same as Primaris.

Tfw I'll be too busy bringing tanks and artillery with rerolling shots to give a shit

Much as I like orks, can we not do a art dump? It kills the threads and offer little that a visit to the 40k booru doesn't.

Doctrine predictions
>Cadia moral reroll, +1bs, bigger command range
>Steel Legion, ignore penalty for moving and shooting heavy weapons or can fallback and shoot, explosive barrels stratagem
>Vostroya, can reroll 1 to hit and wound roll per unit aka Salamanders
>Valhalla, remove your unit from play, and deploy new one on your table edge
>Tempestum, infiltrate and shiet

Those are farsight's boys right?

Better be mortars and torchbug scout sentinels.

Straken has 7 attacks though, +1 for his aura, +1 for warlord, +1 for priest (you are running a priest for 3 attack guardsmen right?)

Honestly Catachan infantry squads with plasma, and axes with straken and a priest look great. They smash in shooting and melee for cheap.

What about Death Korps and Elysians when FW redoes them (yeah I know about the Index but they will redo them to bring them into line with the GW regiments)

Alright then. I just needed a few pics anyway.

T. Five

You guys are exciting me with the talk of +1 BS Cadians. I'd love to unironically run Infantry and Vets again

I think Mordians will get Morale stuff.

Tallarn will probably get the White Scars one.

>Farsight lets his Tau get that close to the orks

Good luck with the demon sword weeb.

Fuckin' rad, dude.

I tried mixing some gk bits with primaris marines
this was the result

what the hell do you run?

>camouflaged artillery
>wyvern mortars
>hellhounds
>flamer sentinels
Lots of good fluffy options

>ignores morale casualties from shooting
>treats all weapons as assault weapons after deepstriking (oops forgot to correct that one again)

They basically already have them, Elysians can deepstrike infantry and light shit, Death Korps have better WS and leadership buff.

They were the only ones with doctrines already.

if mordians don't get a close order drill of some kind I'll eat my hat

These are what I did to the DG from Dark Imperium.

The flies and scythe are from the maggoth kit, and the axe in centre is an ork choppa.

Infantry Squads and Vets. I love them but hate how they've become irrelevant
Is Devil's Claw really only one damage?

Okay, other than a points drop how do we make chimeras good again with regimental doctrines?

>I'd love to unironically run Infantry and Vets again
>In Infantry Edition
What do you run, Chimera spam?

Firing Ports

It's -1 AP and 2 damage
The shit AP is really what fucks him

You know what he means, they're not Scripts or Scions

Also here are some of my Imperial Fist Primaris.

in my head canon, the Primaris echo their primarchs looks more, so these guys are mini Dorns.

>commissars can't execute or improve conscripts
well they're 5th edition tier useless again

Thx user, you can touch my butt anytime

Make Veterans worth taking.
Double Flamer Chimerae are great.
Even Double bolters can do some damage while being somewhat cheap.

>Take them from OP to absolutely shit
Have you applied to GW yet?

I-I dont know if i can handle that right now

genuinely sucks. Oh well. Thanks

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Arch-Arsonist
>The Arch-Arsonist is the title of the current Ork Warlord of Charadon. Each successive ruler of Charadon takes the title and also adopts the persona of becoming a pyromanic berserker, lending the Arch-Arsonist a kind of immortality.
I'm surprised Orks are capable of stuff like this.

here's my ultima founding chapter master in his power armor and gravis representations

Sadly haven't made much progress on the left besides priming him, fucking school

>Catachan strong as Marines edition
Tempestus Scions are cooler and more effective than Space Marines.

Fucking genius.
Hats off to user. He wins this thread!
Show him off painted at /wip/ and here too!

WANT
What sort of bits did you use? Have you painted him yet?

Oh man move and shoot double Bolter and stubber chimera would be sick

What legion is his gene seed from?

Love the paint scheme and the cape is great.

+1 BS wouldn't fix the Veterans though. Their problem is that they don't have the doctrines and alternative deployment option that could justify the Elite slot.

Man that's so close to what I did with mine, though I put the icon on one of the two static look fat marines with identical posture, and gave the sorcerer the one-eyed screaming helmet and a less fantasy'esque staff.

>18 orders
>1 for every regiment
>3 tank orders
>7 left
Are those 7 new or old?

>them digits

Given that 40k takes place on such massive timescales, stuff like lines of succession and inherited titles/personals are common among other means like rejuv treatments, stasis pods, and space magic keeping people alive.

Also could be that Charadon either has an Orky significance or culture that causes Orks to adopt the persona of the Arch-Arsonist, an alien influence that causes them to adopt the title, the Orky significance the first Arch-Arsonist himself created has its perseverance, or that Orks just think adopting a big title like that is a pretty nice way to be Orky or that the legends of the Arch-Arsonist just inspire Orks who take the mantle to really like fire a lot.

This, vets either need to be removed from Elite slot or regain their tactics, options and doctrines.

I'm thinking about starking DKoK, anyone play against them in 8th?

Looks pretty good user.
Just you got so lazy with the axe... just glueing the ork hand right to the arm? Really man? You are better than that.

>in my head canon, the Primaris echo their primarchs looks more, so these guys are mini Dorns

>in the Primaris Fists chapter, Cawl crossed the Imperial Fists with a little Alpha Legion, ensuring any Marine implanted with the new geneseed was changed on a genetic level to look identical to Rogal Dorn.

hope you're not too in love with one of your your kidneys or lungs

I'm pretty sure death corpe is supposed to be a mix of WW1 French and german

I think mechanicus had some stratagem that game +1 cover near objective. Maybe gw will give them option to buy carapace.

Those are good points. Maybe the original was a pretty big Ork, and the new Arch-Arsonists think if they take the title and persona they'll be that big too. Maybe they have a museum for it too.

It's retarded that Veterans are elite while Tempestus are troops.

What faction are the Jews of the 40k setting?

But i was going to fluff them as british. Stiff upper lip taken up to 11.

Temperstus are their own regiment, you can't take them anymore in troop slot without losing doctrine.

I guess an army of obsec melta vets driving chimeras was just too fun for GWs tastes

Rogue Traders.
They fuck up entire worlds, kill billions without a thought, all for their own profit.

Games Workshop. They are secretly behind everything and everyone. And no matter what happens, they get their cut.

Adeptus Mechanicus

Space marines

Eldar and daemons.