Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1764: How Lucky Can One Guy Be? Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

I kissed her and she kissed me.

Jumpers!

What is your stance on Atlantis? Have you visited it? Are you friend or foe?

WHOO! Let's go to vegas!

It has Best Disney Princess

Like a cool cat once said, "Ain't that a kick in the head?"

Holy shit what're the proportions on Boone in that group picture.

Can anyone post their Bastard! builds please?

Yeah it's ridiculous. I asked the IRC but they were into it.

Maybe his sheer buffness just couldn't be represented in the Gamebryo engine.

>Best Disney Princess
Who is she?

Check the last column on pg8. Half of the boxes are off-kilter with the rest.

Thank you Cool Cats, it looks great. Have a cat person.

Active worship is still playing Vidya, but you can get shares passively, judging from how their shares went up when Nepnep shared pics of Nepgear being assaulted by slimes.

Despair harder, Scrub.

No, seriously, Gandharva temporarily breaks the curse and then drowns a Middle-America sized chunk of the continent.

On the other hand, Gods can't enter the Mortal Realm without a summoner during the same period, so... yeah.

*pg10

Don't think that's a jump.

So what race are Atlanteans, anyway? And before you act like a smartass, you know I meant in a wider context. Who their relatives are and such.

>still no BOF I or II jump
Suffering

Uchi No Musume Ni Te O Dasu Na jump when?

>Despair harder
Despair is for losers.

No.
I haven't built for it yet because of having no passion for jumping.
I'm sorry.

>Active worship is still playing Vidya
That's unfortunate.

>you can get shares passively
There's that at least.

Thanks for the answer.

How is it bait?

Because your reaction image makes your identity obvious to me.

Who am I?

When you see that a setting you like has a shit jump.

Well you're never going to use Frozen Tears and smother the land in ice with that attitude!

Is it just me, or does Neptunia not have any perks for being good at playing video games?

Many of the early ones like the Ouran High School Host Club jump.

CHAR

Yeah I won't. Hence my point.

Avernum
Yes I know I made it

AMURO

Could the Sierra Madre machine include the cut codes? namely the police pistol that goes with the .357 rounds?

Ah, the best Fallout game of the past decade. Nice to have a jump of it.

So why are Grey Jedi bait?

KIRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

... HUH. I guess there aren't. Weird. If I get around to updating it, I'll throw in a free "You're good at video games" perk.

Well, that's going to be an unfortunate decade for you, then. Just hang out in the Sura realm, and avoid the plot, I guess? Or just don't let Chandra get summoned? Or assassinate Brellith and thus make Agni go poof when he finds out that whoops, no summoner? Or take the Magician capstone?

It's not like the setting's hard to survive even when you're a heavily cursed Nastika. Being reduced to a fraction of your power is a somewhat underwhelming problem when a fraction of your power is still enough to go "1v1 me" at pretty much everyone.

I mean, I hate to defend Zeon, but that picture is kind of true. Zeon Zum Deikun's vision has never been carried out by any of the people claiming to carry his mantle, even his own son. Every single one of them goes to supervillain territory instead of the peaceful political and religious movement that Zeon wanted. The closest anyone came was his son's crazy clone with the accidentally lewd name (which is how you know it's a clone of Mr. Quattro Vajeena). Full Frontal at least was trying to get a political and economic imbalance between Spacenoids and Earth, so that there would be incentive for people to leave the planet instead of "fuck you, you're ruining the world, I'm going to drop space rocks on you now". And even then he was still using terrorism in order to force the Federation to give him the concessions he wanted. True Zeon really has never been tried.

So just to reiterate, the Courier 6 drawback is "Be the PC"?

Can I still take Hardcore Mode if it's my first Jump?

NICOLE WAS 15! HE LOVED TO PLAY THE PIANO! HE WASN'T VERY GOOD, BUT WE LET HIM DO IT ANYWAY BECAUSE IT WAS THE POLITE THING TO DO!

>Just hang out in the Sura realm
But that's literal hell.
>and avoid the plot, I guess?
Then there's nothing to do.

>son's crazy clone
I must have missed this.

This is everything I'd every hoped it could be.

It's the plot of Gundam Unicorn. Full Frontal is a clone of Char, though given that Char ended Char's Counterattack by turning into pure psychic energy along with Amuro there's some ambiguity over whether Full Frontal is being possessed by Char's spirit or just crazy and brainwashed.

That would be why I offered those other options, yes.

Can you buy items multiple times? Or does it need to be specifically stated? And what if it isn't an item, but rather an enchantment on a weapon?

So when there are drawbacks or somesuch that change the world you are in how do you wank it? Personally I wank that I am in an alternate universe compared to canon, that is why I took the "Kyon" drawback in Haruhi, so I can help that version of her.

For both of those, usually only once unless it states that you can buy multiples.

> Take K-ON!'s "Upper Upper Class Lady" (your family is automatically rich & doting).
> Take Katanagatari's "Family Style" (your family consists of some of the most powerful & protective fighters in the world).
> Realize my background families are now all rich high-end fitness nuts
> "Come on, Konata! It's time for everyone to hit the gym!"
> "We don't want anything to happen to you, so that's why you have to stay in shape!"

What fresh hell is this

/jc/, have you ever accidentally combo'd yourself?

I just eyeball it based on the relative use of the item. If I want useless trinkets, I can get a lot. Big purchases are a one time only thing.

I buy multiple. Most items aren't unique like perks are. If the jumpmaker objects, they can add that restriction to the pdf.
>Enchantments
If you're talking about the King Arthur jump I'm pretty sure the maker said that multiple item purchases is fine.

>Make all sort of combos
>No companions
>Choose every drawback that has a clone with your powers because you like them
At this point, jumper hasn't died because the dice love him.

I interpret it the same way, though if it's a change to the world that isn't self-sustaining under normal logic (like something always happening, even if the context it makes sense in has been completely eradicated), then it's Jump-chan messing with me. I tend not to take drawbacks like that, though, so we're mostly avoided the implications of Jump-chan being some sort of evil wish-granter playing with innocent lives. The only life she plays with is mine and my companions, and we signed up for this job.

Who /boomer/ here?

I'm in an endless emotional energy feedback loop.

Help. I feel everything.

Konata you need to realize that them being fitness nuts means they probably don't let you drink coffee. This is grounds for running away no matter how nice they otherwise are.

It is unclear. Different jumpmakers have different assumptions that result in things like this not being stated outright. You should probably assume you can't unless the jump says so though, in my opinion. Better to be pleasantly surprised than have your build invalidated if you guessed wrong.

I rule that it's either an alternate setting (infinite worlds and such) or that my appearance in the world causes a distortion.
Given that continuity drawbacks are required to merge jumps for the same series into the same world, I think the former more closely matched canon.

No other faction matters. Boomer or bust.

I'm talking about Evil's Bane from the legend of zelda Jump. I just want an unbreakable holy shotgun AND an unbreakable holy katana...

Do what you want unless the jump or jumpmaker says otherwise.
Don't invalidate other people's combos. The thread would be even shittier if everyone pointed out all of the mistakes they've noticed.

>they probably don't let you drink coffee
Coffee is fine in small amounts. What they'd get on you for is drinking the milkshakes that people try to pass off as coffee.

To be fair, Deikun's speech was pretty radicalizing, and he was foolish to believe his agenda could of been accomplished without violence. The no violence part was kinda just tagged on the end there, after he basically said Earth's government needed to be dissolved and everyone brought to the Sides. Whatever can be said of his motives its clear he set the stage for imperialism and fanaticism, and it only took a ruthless man to take over and light the match he made.

Tried to fix but not sure how good a job I did. It'll hopefully be a bit better in the next version anyway.

Yeah I have no problem with the police pistol being included.

Glad you like it.

Yep. Thought that was fairly obvious but I'll reword it if people don't find it so. Usually make protagonist drawbacks +0 CP one but seeing as this one sets Ulysses on your ass and forces you to take part in a war I figured it was worth 100. Plus you accidentally nuked a place in your backstory.

Yeah. It's usually kinda cheap to take a drawback where you get points for not having previous stuff when you've got no previous stuff to give up but given it's Fallout I really don't mind. I mean you're going to have your hands full either way.

Were either of you the guy who requested the B-29?

Surely there can't be that many /boomer/s in thread.

>Were either of you the guy who requested the B-29?
Not me, Catteo. They're just a great faction and I'm psyched to be able to hang with them.

>Yep. Thought that was fairly obvious but I'll reword it if people don't find it so

Just making sure. I'm usually cautious with drawbacks like these unless they're very literal and plain-spoken.

>Nastika might not get as many freebies in terms of perks, but their raw power, as a race, is significantly higher.

Um, I though power for non humans was based on Transcendental Skills, and Transcendental Skills were limited in both power and availability based on Transcendental Affinity? Which the jump gave the same 15,000 Affinity for both Nastika and Gods.

It looks like the 800 CP God is just as powerful as the 800 CP Nastika, and gets more side benefits also.

>But that's literal hell.
I thought there different, actual Hell in the setting ruled by Agni.
Which is an issue with the Sword of Return opening to Hell in later jumps if available.

Maybe make it open a portal to a initially uninhabited copy of the Sura realm instead? Somewhere to put your Sura clan if you have one.

Not me either. Guess the thread just has great taste in factions.

Only in Origin. We don't know what the specifics of his speeches were like in the main UC timeline, where all those shows that picture used take place. But yes, to be fair, it's quite likely he said some dumb and polarizing stuff there, too. We can't blame everything on Degwin being an asshole. Your leader telling you that people from Earth don't care about you and are also doing terrible things to the planet (they're not, by the way. Industry is mostly space-based and power generation is either solar or clean fusion), and oh yeah he believes that humanity will by moving to space evolve to a more spiritually pure state? Well, yeah, of course that's going to start problems. I never claimed that Deikun was leading his movement in a way that would be peaceful. Just that he wanted it to be, and if it wasn't that's at least in part on him for being a firebrand.

Go for it.

I do not suppose you have any dragon pics I can use as a base for my Sura form? My brain keeps going back to Kasak and how cool his form looks.

Want a jumpmaker approved Draggony.

>Surely there can't be that many /boomer/s in thread.
They are the faction of artillery and overwhelming firepower. How could I not love them?

Thats what Boomers are? Apparently my Jumper has been a boomer all along.

I'm gonna follow some Apocalypse.

Does the Luck Servant stat give you a chance to dodge the "absolute" and "sure kill" Noble Phantasms?

I thought most jumpers where millennials

Maybe my jumper is that too. What is that?

The rampant xenophobia and trigger fingers so itchy Colonel Kilgore would raise an eyebrow?

>Not 'The PUNisher'

Yup. They sit back at Nellis and arty barrage anyone that gets too close to them. They amuse themselves by playing VR games where they go on bombing runs, and all their guards have heavy weapons. No pea shooters, just rocket launchers, grenade launchers, and fat boys.

They're literally Fuck Off, We're Full: the faction.

You are

I'm sorry, I thought we were supposed to be naming bad things about the Boomers?

Which is the more dangerous scenario assuming you have time stop abilities, Grand Day Out from FGO or Special Human from GoHS?

Pansy.

Grand Day Out is definitely bad, since if I remember right Beasts no sell time stops. Though, depending on how long your time stops are and how strong you are, Special Human would probably be worse. Aside from all the endgame players being planet busters, they're all durable enough to tank those kind of attacks as well. Time stops aren't going to do you much good if you can't hurt them.

Hm. That needs to be fixed. The Nastika are definitely significantly better at that sort of stuff than Gods are. Like, Nastika Kings can go 1v8 against the 5th Zen Gods and walk away the winners, and the Jumper's a candidate.

>I thought there different, actual Hell in the setting ruled by Agni.

There are, in fact, an actual Hell. I think the Sura realm might actually be worse, considering that apparently Chandra occasionally hangs out in the actual Hell (His summoner notes that she'll only be able to see Chandra if he goes to hell, not heaven.)

I'm afraid I don't, but Sura can be basically any form that fits their clan, so if you see one you like, go for it! have a picture of Karna fighting Ghatotkacha as an apology.

Oh, looking back at it, I think I was expecting the x4 multiplier that Nastika get to make up for it. Since a Nastika gets a free purchase, they automatically get an additional 1,500 above a God for free, and can buy it up from there at 1/4 the price that a God pays.

Which x4 multiplier? I think I completely missed that.

Why would anyone go insect nastika if that means they're weaker?

Thanks for the help.

Why would it make any sense for a god to be able to buy up to their level?

>Karna fighting Ghatotkacha as an apology.
Why is his spear made out of animal spirits? I see a parrot too.

... HUH. I have no idea where that went. They're supposed to have one, to let them outpace the Raksasha x3 mutliplier. What the hell?

On the other hand, EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE NOW.

Anyway, quick changelog:
Gods have been reduced to 10K for their starting TA, Nastika now actually have their x4 multiplier.

Insects are cool.

I don't understand your question?

I dunno, ask Indra, it's his spear.

Is Lorelei Barthomeloi waifu material?

New Vegas is mine.

Ancap jump™ when?

>I don't understand your question?
You think the Nastika is fine because of its price and power. Yet gods are more powerful for the same prices and can buy up to be even more powerful than a Nastika who bought everything.

True enough.

>x4 multiplier.
Isn't that smaller than canon?