Stat me

For L5R 4e.

I want to fuck Baiken

lvl1 anime character

tits

I'm not familiar with L5R, but from what I remember, last time it was pointed out that all her non-katana weaponry would tank her HONOR so low she'd be gently encouraged to sudoku on sight.

She's not a noble, why would honor apply to her?
She is basically a ronin in all ways.

Only peasant weaponry tanks honour, not just non-katana. Of what she uses, only cannon can induce honour loss, because Gaijin Pepper.

>she'd be gently encouraged to sudoku on sight.

That's fine, punk. But I'm dragging you down to Hell with me.

cute/10

You could just not give her the gunpowder weaponry for setting reasons.

What would really kill her is the lack of techniques and how badly ronin suck in 4e. Would still be a fun character though.

Ever since the very first game Baiken has been my GG waifu.

She's a ronin

I'm about to get off work i'll see what I can do when I get home. I'm not too familiar with the character but I do know she's a ronin, missing an arm and an eye

Ronin in L5R are garbage, so you probably shouldn't.

>I'm not too familiar with the character but I do know she's a ronin, missing an arm and an eye
You might want to get familiar with the character before you have a go at it, there's a lot more to her than that, and her load of hidden weapons are going to be the second biggest hurdle to making her not suck ass mechanically.

>L5R
The system doesn't allow triple wielding and can't satisfy proper swordsman. Don't you want to play Mutants and Masterminds instead?

One-armed crane champion?

Why is she so *hard* in the current gen? I feel like her whole control scheme changed.

She makes up for the missing arm with a ludicrous/impossible amount of weapons stuffed into her sleeves, including a number of different blades, a claw hand on a chain, a tetsubo on a rope, and a cannon that looks like a dragon head.

Her gameplay style revolves around blocking/parries into counter attacks.

She was orphaned when the Gears destroyed Japan, and made it her mission to kill the one responsible (to the point she ignores basically everything else; all her endings have her eat shit because of her obsession with finding and killing That Man).

Although she has giant tits, which are (imo, uncharacteristically) even more pronounced in her Xrd appearance, she's absolutely terrible in social situations.

that's the info that should be relevant off the top of my head

It did.

And it's stupid. It went from "being able to execute alpha-cancels any time" to "you need to do a 1f input to alpha-cancel" for no fucking reason.

* alpha-counter

Big tits

Basically homebrew school: the character.

Right, there's a few ways to do this. The way I recommend, if you actually plan to use this as a character, is that she was the daughter of a lesser clan that was wiped out leaving her maimed and orphaned. She would have then been adopted by her nearest kin or the lords of her lesser clan, though not highly favored due to essentially being a burden of honor.

This is the route I strongly suggest you take. I furthermore suggest you have her had been adopted by the Mantis/Yoritomo family, and be of a branch of the Tsuruchi, Watanabe, Shudo or Sugaru families. This statblock will be assuming that.

Baiken
Family: Tsuruchi (+1 perception)
School: Yoritomo Bushi (+1 Strength)
>Advantages
Dangerous Beauty; - 3
Crab Hands; -2 (Bushi)
>Disadvantages
Brash; +3
Missing Limb; +6
Sworn Enemy; +8
Driven; +2

Note: it is extremely unlikely a GM would ever let you take these many disadvantage points
Note+: This character is a social ticking time bomb that is going to be forced ronin at the drop of a hat

>Rings
Earth: 2 (across)
Fire: 3 (across)
Air: 3 Reflexes, 2 Awarness
Water: 3 (across)
Void: 2

>Skills
Commerce: 1 (4k3)
Defense: 2 (5k2)
Juijitsu (Improvised Weapons: 2 (5k3)
Kenjutsu: 2 (5k3)
Knives (Kama): 1 (4k3)
Chain Weapons: 2 (5k3)
Sailing (Agility): 1 (4k3)
War Fan: 1 (4k3)
Heavy Weapons: 2 (5k3)
Spears: 2 (5k3)
Intimidation*: 1 (3k2)
Lore (Gaijin Pepper)*: 1 (4k3)
Tea Ceremony: 1 (3k2)
*Low Skills

TN: 20 (+5 Light Armor)
Initiative: 4k3
Insight: 129
Honor: 3.5

Default Weapons: Daisho, Kyuketsu-Shogi

Note: The missing limb disadvantage means you add +10 TN to all rolls to use a 2 handed weapon, though you may be able to argue to your GM you can use certain weapons one handedly

>putting good characters in bad systems

What's your experience with L5R 4e?

l5r is a decent system chained to a bad setting

Notes: I went with Mantis because of potential access to gaijin wares and the use of chain and peasant weapons, but Scorpion may also be a good choice due to their unique take on honor and the Weapon Master advanced path.

Alternatively you could rely on crab hands to represent her many weapon skills and not waste points in the extra weapons at all, instead dumping it into practical shit

It's going to suck because any non-katana weapon is garbage.

I feel like more people should realize that L5R is not a kitchen sink setting and hasn't pretended to be historically accurate or useful for anything but itself for over 20 irl years.

Fuck off John.

John was the guy who claimed it was historically accurate. You fuck off.

Because he couldn't deal with people rightfully pointing out his writing was shit, wrong, and borderline racist