Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Overdesigned edition

Previous >Catachan Focus: Catachan stronk
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/25/regimental-focus-catachan-sep25gw-homepage-post-2/

>Top 5 Squigs
Warhammer40k

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Do Raven Guard get more general use mileage from sniper scouts or intercessors?

Are rhinos worth the points now?

Depends what you want to do with them. Sniper Scouts are for if you want to kill CHARACTERS, like they are for other Marine Armies.

Intercessors, on the other hand, are basic Line Infantry, they're better than Tacticals for Bolter Spam as because of their AP-1 and the fact that they can sit more than 12'' away and still Rapid Fire.

Rhinos are way cheap for their stats

>that image
Hahahahhaha holy shit my sides have ascended orbit

>sniper scouts
>not man mode shotgun scouts riding the storm

Remember the shitstorm when 8th dropped and people were in outrage over their precious rhinos costing so many points?

I'd disagree.
They are fairly hardy, but have few weapons available and fewer firing points that make other transports mighty.

You're thinking of Drop Pods. People went apeshit because Drop Pods became overpriced to shit and couldn't take Dreadnoughts anymore.

Pods got the sort end of the stick, 23 points more than the rhino, 2 wounds less and immobile.

Pods are shit, yes, but people were pissed about rhinos

>couldn't take Dreadnoughts anymore.
>implying non-retards didn't just proxy their Drop-Pods as Lucius ones.

Also, fuck me for using pods in my space sharks because fuck you I want to be fluffy damn it

Did they? I thought they were pretty alright.

What about the chaos rhinos? Are combi weapons any good?

They more than doubled in price, so yes. There was a shitstorm, especially since pods were shit.

You really underestimate the double storm bolter. Getting 8 shots is nothing to sneeze at from a 10 man transport.

Combi-weapons are great. Be careful with combi-plasma because overcharge will kill the whole rhino.

>being a non-nazi makes you a retard
Way to go you racist.

Drop pods are damned good for what they bring to the table, user, and when people started abusing them, they got nerfed hard.
They were always great, but no one used them regularly until late 6e.
It's still just an infantry weapon on a transport, it can only be so good.

WTF, where does he even mention Nazi?

Ignore and report it's some dickhead trying to push some "forge world is nazis" meme

Lucius Drop Pods are a FW unit. Fielding them makes you a nazi.

Thanks. Another one if you don't mind

How viable is it to build around Raven Guard Aggressors using that concealed deployment stratagem? My plan right now is a deep striking chapter master popping up and firing their huge volleys twice with their special rule but how effective is that in practice? How much shit can over 100 S4 shots rip through? Not assuming armored units, i have anti-armor covered via hellblasters and a riflenought

>OMG the overcosted Drop Pod is a Nazi mode
Fuck off, this is your last (You)

Anyone else run multi-Regiment Guard armies?
I've got a decent Cadian force and I have some Freeguild Archers on the way to make a Feudal looking Regiment.

Also top lel that the Conscript meme is going to be addressed.

It's true though. It's well known that anyone who fields FW models and units is a nazi.

>6th
What? Of the 5 Marine players in my old shop, 4 of them were 90% drop pod armies in 5th edition, and the last one was Bangles, who only had a few pods.

Assuming you have a unit of 6 Aggressors you'll only get 72 shots, so according to Mathhammer:

>72 x 32/36 x 2/3 x 2/3 = 28
If shooting GEQs

>72 x 32/36 x 1/2 x 1/3 = 11
If shooting MEQs

Anyone get ahold of some deathshrouds? I want to see them next to vanilla termies

Helm or no helm on the plague marine?

I'm still undecided and have read good arguments for both.

Basic comparison of the stock photos from the previous thread, I believe it is based on base size

Wait, the helmets are separate from the body on the Plague Marines?

space wolfs piss me off

He probably has two head options.

>t. Magnus

No helm makes it look like he gave it to the nurgling.

Isn't that Floridian crazy guy suing GW a Space Wolves player?

No, I mean are the Heads/Helmets are separate from the Torsos.

Probably, we've yet to see the sprue.

Yeah, I don't have the pic but apparently he put Gold Leaf on his Vlka Fenryka terminators.

This thead is 38 seconds older than the other one so must be better

This is why furries were a mistake.

Thank the Emperor, I'm planning on using some of the 30k DG heads but was worried the models would be monoposed like the easy to build ones.

Do any of you guys get bored of just browsing Veeky Forums sometimes, so you branch out and dick around/shitpost on other boards, eventually spending more time on them than Veeky Forums before eventually you just stop and look at yourself and think "I am so alone."?

How do I report hate-speech on this website?

I came to Veeky Forums for /b/, stayed for Veeky Forums. Other boards BTFO.
Seriously though what are some other Veeky Forums approved boards?

I used to go to Veeky Forums but thats even deeper in shitposting, at best hey have three threads that aren't just bait or garbage.

Ctrl+W and click on the post.

Who the fuck takes the fluff, let alone the game that seriously? What a pathetic excuse for a human being.

I like /tv/s shitposting

>Veeky Forums approved boards
/k/. Veeky Forums sort of, if you take into account the Veeky Forums related games out there like TW:W. /lgbt/ has a surprising number of Warhammer fans.

/diy/ can be good
Veeky Forums but it's so fuil of pastebins and embedded videos that it crashes browsers that allow previews.

/lgbt/ isn't that great, it spawned Carnac.

Havoc launchers are 11 points for a +1S frag missle. Take them.

Combi weapons are a little expensive but give some flexibility. If you have the points you might as well. Always put at least a second combi-bolter on there.

>only browsing boards that the hivemind on one board approves of
Cancer
Just browse whichever boards have topics that pertain to your interests. That's it.

>it spawned Carnac.

So my understanding is that the warp contained to our galaxy correct? And as such, since space travel relies on the warp, the imperium cannot leave the galaxy.
a) does this make the tyranids' ships superior?
b) what do you want/hope to see in another 40k galaxy?

To report hate speech here you break into your parents medicine cabinet and just swallow everything

>acting outside the tg hive mind
Pff, what are you gay?

Memes aside this is actually true. Carnac himself admitted that he used to browse /lgbt/ but got banned over some "trap war".

Where else could he have spawned but from a bughunters cornhole?

>tfw space wolves player since 4th
>have to watch as my faction of choice devolves into the most ludicrous army in the game
>refuse to field wulfen, wolf riders all that shit
>keeps getting worse with wolf head shaped flyers and fucking santa logan in the douche canoe
>have to deal with other space wolves players being the most insufferable people in the hobby
>have to deal with constant ridicule of the fanbase because GW decided that it cant be in the codex if it doesn't have the prefix "wolf"
>even Bjorn isn't left untouched

I'm so sorry, I just wanted my viking marines

>"trap war".
Wat

well you see you click the little arrow and select report and in the little window you have to select illegal content ya fucking numbnuts.

Although it's not Veeky Forums approved [s4s] is nice

It's why he's so jaded
he fought in the Great Trap War of '09. A lot of good men (girls (male)) died in that war.

Your guess is as good as mine m8.

I'm new to this website (2 years lurking and a year posting) and still don't understand how you find certain posters. Surely anyone can use a Name and create a collective fiction? Or do you decipher who it is (or isn't) based on their writing style?

My condolences, back in the older editions with the Scandinavian hint marines, I might've bought some myself

These kinds of comparrisons are always fucky because the perspective can be offx better to have both the models actually present

Someone, please. Make a Death Guard Superheavy tank, and stick that Nurgling somewhere in a place of prominence.

Posting style and repetitive topics brought up by the poster is how you do it. Carnac will refuse to fucking shut up about Abbadoo and Be'lakor. Also if you see anyone mispelling the word "Christian" as "Xitan" it's definitely Carnac.

I used to go to /sp/ but they are actually worse than this place for /pol/-posting because of the flags.

Why are space wolf players so fucking cringy

>pods
>fluffy
>not just teleporting everywhere from your ship teleportarium

Get a load of this non-1st predation fleet pleb

alt+f4

>does this make the tyranids' ships superior?
I guess so... If you can call them that.

Usually you can't.

Carnac is one-in-a-million level autism that is pretty easy to spot once you've seen him destroy a thread once or twice though.

>Also if you see anyone mispelling the word "Christian" as "Xitan" it's definitely Carnac.
So that's what Xitan means. Why the fuck does he spell it that way?

who got it?

>teleporting dude in power armor
If only

Going balls deep into Scouring mode while the entire fucking Imperium is burning is the dumbest thing you can fucking do, especially chasing into the place where they literally send guilty chapters to DIE.

There's a reason the Flesh Tearers were the most famous among the BA successors for their zeal in the Scouring. You know, those crazy faggots nobody likes? The literal Marines Malevolent equivalent of the BA?

Not exactly something to brag about. If anything, Guilliman is the best Primarch for actually holding shit together and rebuilding and making sure the foundations lasted 10,000 years. Everyone else just gave up and walked into Iron Cages, got their hands sawn off, or disappeared into the Warp like a bunch of useless faggots.

See pic

Severe dyslexia, possibly linked to his schizophrenia/autism.

What do you think about a Sons of Malice army using Night Lords chapter tactics Veeky Forums? I have read all of the free online material on them but still am not sure what would be a fluffy unit for them. I'm guessing just general undivided stuff but what do you think?

Veeky Forums doesn't actually talk about video games, so yeah it's pretty Veeky Forums-related.

I'd guess it's like how we say xmas instead of christmas

Writing style, avatarfagging and the topics. Carnac wanks over his waifu and chaos. Each board has its own autists that can be recongized from their posting style.

I was actually thinking about making my Night Lords into Malal csm by painting half their face paint black.

So I finally realized that the Death Guard slug-tank has a similar design to the Minotaur.

Be'lakor was defeated by Lizardmen pterodactyls dropping rocks on him.

Neat. I like when they tie together different elements of the background like that.

The thing that's so retarded about it though is how it comes out as "xitan" instead of "xtian". And on top of that he ignores this glaring error even if it's pointed out.

Jokes, memes and arguments aside who do you think are the top three threats of the 40k galaxy ATM?
Try to keep this friendly guys...

> 1. Chaos
> 2. Tyranids
> 3. Orks

As much as they're at each other's throats the top 2 are clearly Chaos and Tyranids, regardless of the order you rank them in.

Necrons seem like an obvious choice for third.

1. Bella Swan
2. Abbadoo
3. Cuckyawn
>t. carnac

>As much as they're at each other's throats
By this I mean the fans of each side and their constant powerlevel wanking arguments, mostly instigated by Carnac or people baiting Carnac.

>Chaos
>Tyranids
>Necrons
>Orks
>>>>>>>Tau