Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Chariots Edition

Previous:
>Catachan Focus: Catachan stronk
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/25/regimental-focus-catachan-sep25gw-homepage-post-2/

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

First for Plastic Smoke is cancer

What was the ghosar enigma about in the deathwatch short stories?

Are you blind or just fishing for (You)s?

Holy shit, today is just absolute cancer edition, two shitty generals both full of memeshit.

Chapter Tactic - Special Issue Ammunition for all bolt weapons at no extra cost.

Xenos Hunter - Reroll all to-hit rolls for shooting and close combat attacks against xenos.

Hatred is The Emperor's Greatest Gift - 5+ resilience against wounds.

sure
no
fuck no
I remember people telling you to fuck off with that OP shit but seems you just didn't get the message

It's just shitpost pasta, report and hide.

Helm or no helm on the Plague Marine?

I see good arguments for both.

Still undecided personally.

Cut or uncut? You'll suck it either way.

Wait, the helmets are separate from the body on the Plague Marines?

That cycloptic helmet is badass though.
You could argue hat the head adds to the "flow"of the model towards the right, but then again, it's static as fuck so I would choose the helmet.
Also dat helm nurgling.

Someone please. Make a Death Guard Superheavy tank, and put that Nurgling somewhere prominent on it.

Helm, always prefer to not have bare faces on my deathguard, having faces make them seem more human, albeit fugly.

Helmet 2bh, his “horn” looks retarded, like nurgle just pinched the side of his head and stretched it.

Still better than Plaguecasters cockmouth

who sculpted the death guard line?
They need to be fired

Why the fuck is martian ironearth more expensive than regular paint? I painted my knight with it and it looks like shit.

Since myfriend is going to add mortarion to his army, i think im going to add Celestine and Voldus to my army in two extra detachments. What are some good Sisters/Grey Knight troop choices to go with these characters? Im running them with a primaris marine list.

Isn't that the texture paint?

You should just stop playing with him.

Isn't that a bait paint?

pls tell me this is bait and you are not serious

>tfw what I did caused Prospero to burn

OC Edit of an original picture

Fucking 10/10 bait.

Magnus did nothing wrong

Prospero is burning before his eyes! It's obviously wrong! It's an edit of this picture.

God dammit who keeps making these pictures?

Would it be legal if I add magnets to the base of my models and hold them at the wall with another magnet?

Rate my list please? Still working on my first army. 3 CP used to promote my captain to a Chapter Master, 1 CP used to use the Raven Guard stratagem "Strike from the Shadows" for a disgusting opening volley combined with the chapter master

Anyone got that sweet picture of girlyman facing deamon Fulgrim?

Maybe if they didn't made such lacking rules this kind of thing would not happen.

I'm still wondering how you deploy from vehicles. Since the games does not consider verticality as factor outside of unit coherence you can deploy crap on top of a building just because they are within 3" of the transport.

I know it is kind of a dick move and it stretching common sense but hey, flamer can shoot down super sonic crafts.

I want all the little Nurgles, they only thing of worth I found I the DG release.

Wonder if EC will get adorable sex demons too. Fuck it we need adorable demons! We could expand the sales to adorable men and women with just some random tiny adorable monsters.

Fucking hell GW is retarded! This needed to happen on 5th!

I'm hoping when Dark Angels get their codex, some of their new models get cute updated Watchers too.

I'd give it a different pickelhaube helmet.

No

Holy shit, those Terminators

So how's this idea: 2 full IF Sternguards in drop pods with a third drop pod containing my buff bubble HQ/Elites with the rest of the capacity taken up by an understrength sternguard?
Is this viable? And is it a waste to give deepstriking sternguard heavy flamers, or deepstriking flamers in general?

AFAIK It was the French guy who made some fucking amazing Deathguard conversions, with turbine jump packs and thin insecty legs.

I think he must have had a load of others spoons stuck in his cooking pot and told to go with the more fat bloaty mutated stuff.

No helmet, the point of the model is to emphasize the nurgling and I like the idea that he ran off with it.

Also cute daemon is cute.

>And is it a waste to give deepstriking sternguard heavy flamers, or deepstriking flamers in general?
Depends. If your opponent is mainly melee, it's not.
But most of the time, he's just gonna shoot at you and kill them the same turn they come down. Sternguard are very wounds/cost inefficient, meaning that little firepower is gonna deal lot of damage to you.

If you must, deepstrike them in cover and force your enemy to deal with them.

Helm. Its fuck8ng creepy

This has been covered in the "Stepping Into a New Edition":

Q. How do vertical distances work for movement
and measurements?
A. All distances are measured in three dimensions, so if a unit moves over a hill or scales a wall, the horizontal distance and vertical distance combined cannot exceed its Movement characteristic. This means that in order to traverse across an obstacle, you must move up to the top of that obstacle, move across the top of it, then move down it.

All good points...
I suppose I want to know if it's feasible to create a front line/fortified position in mid-field using drop pods while still taking advantage of the bubbles from characters; but at the same time I want to know if drop pod alpha strikes are much use, and whether sternguard are any way towards being optimal in those...

>front line/fortified position in mid-field using drop pods

Sorry wall brother, not really feasible, as you cant use pods as cover

Duncan made a Sisters video
WHAT DOES IT MEAN

I understand that, I mean can you use drop pod spam to put enough soldiers within a bubble into an area of terrain to turn it into a significant roadblock for the enemy that's tough to crack?

Looking forward tovthe new Tyranids codex.
Biggest change you would like to see?

With enough dedicated points, you can do anything.

Duncan Sisters video!

IS THIS A HAPPENING?!

I mean you can, the question is that is whatever you shove in those pods gonna get enough done to offset the cost of the fuckers, seeing as drop pods are pretty costly now

>I suppose I want to know if it's feasible to create a front line/fortified position in mid-field using drop pods while still taking advantage of the bubbles from characters
Could be done, but it really depends on your adversary.

>I want to know if drop pod alpha strikes are much use
Not much but it can be done if you are willing to invest a couple of CPs to make it interesting.
Bolter Drill+Marksmen makes Sternguard that much more powerful.
I wouldn't do that on the first turn though. That just make them a primary target.

Why does Duncan's Khorne Red always look darker than mine.

He wanted to give her some love before she gets melted to make more draigos

Already happend. This fucker didn't wrote it.

Movement
Technically speaking models deploy from a vehicle. Count as moved for shooting but can still move after the 3" deployment.

I know movement is taking into account.

>didn't wrote
>wrote

I don't play Tyranids, but I want to see more Hormagaunts.

I like to shoot Hormagaunts.

>55572752
Its time to go back frogposter

Yeah, I suppose it's not really worth it to spend 300 points just on drop pods.

In terms of offsetting the costs, two squads of sternguard in rapid fire range with the chapter master buff but no bolter drill or masterful marksmanship can wipe 10 marines, or 20 guard, if my mathhammer is correct, and honestly that doesn't seem terrible if they can survive to do it again.

>I wouldn't do that on the first turn though. That just make them a primary target.
True, very true. I'd want them to wipe or at least decimate a troublesome infantry unit though, preferably before it got into melee with my other infantry/centurions. The IF anti-cover bonus also make me want to use them to defeat hunkered down enemies...

It's over black?

GW said they wanted more women in the "hobby/game" what ever that means. If for some reason adding more female heads for IG or a feminine torso for officers (going along the Imperium aesthetic of showing off the glorious human form) or even just updating SoB for fuck sake would be simple enough.
But they are hell bent into never updating those model line.

Why not Xenos? Well Tau have Y vagina faces heads and Eldar have tit armour already. The rest of the Xenos it is do not need it.

It is basically the T3 Imperium army that need something with more "feminine" looks and you could be done with it for another decade

Over black, two thin coats, but his is much more the shade I want for Word Bearers, I'm always tempted to go outside the citadel line for a slightly darker red, but I can't seem to find one.

Ever try vallejo gory red? Its a really nice dark shade

Fuck off leddit

>still no AM Codex pdf

I assume that's a rip off of the old Red Gore?

I used to use that shade, I might have a look for it. Thanks user!

Fuck off poorfag back to . I have my codex right here. Stop begging or I'll start reporting the Megas to GW.

Vallejo 70.496 Dark Red?

I would imagine a red darker than Khorne Red is going to progress more and more towards a purply colour like screamer pink.

Dude, just report him.

Stop shitting up the thread with codex begging when

1. There's a board just for that
2. If it was available, it'd have been uploaded... LIKE EVERY FUCKING CODEX HAS BEEN FOR YEARS
3. Begging for it just stops people from doing it and if you actually checked archives, you'd see people saying exactly that.

You are autism.

I am not the person begging for the codex, I'm just wondering why you need to be hostile over it? I'd think that begging for the AM codex is a joke as it is about two weeks away....

>it's autism when you get told to fuck off for scans-begging
Poorfag pls

No problem friendo. Be sure to do it over a black primer, and make sure your coats are thin, it can be a weird paint

I'm not really sure how allies work in 8thed. Let's imagine I have a detachment of Space Marines, and a superheavy detachment consisting of 1 Knight. Can I use my CPs to activate stratagems from the Adeptus Mechanicus Codex on the Knight, and SM stratagems on my SM units ?

Either way, the result is the same. He could also have meant AdMech. Most people use IG when they mean Astra Militarium to avoid confusion. Again, the same applies. The problem is that the threads turn into scans begging and it puts people off from scanning as they like the power of having something people want. Hell, when 8th came out, people wanted pizza in exchange for uploading scans.

>i cant read three pages of rules

Was it a plastic one?

Of course not, you silly.

The strategems specify which units may be effected by them.
You may use a strategems if a detachment is composed of models of the respective keyword (or faction. basically the same thing).

As an example: If you have a detachment of space marines (and only space marines) you may use space marines strategems on them. You may not use them on space marines that are in a detachment with both space marines and knights.

If I remember right there are no knight specific strategems in the codex. Knights have a different keyword (Questor Mechanicus) then AdMech. So you cannot use the AdMech strategems on them.

Maxime Pastourel was the lead designer. I assume others were involved as well.

Thanks, that makes sense.

And you need to kys

>not painting your minis with technicals

Huh, that's actually pretty neat.

if it's not IG related I don't fucking care

Oh wow

Yes but only for the stratagems that can actually target a knight.
One is +1 to invuln saving throws until end of phase, the other is to fire as if at full wounds.

I want to try starting a Death Korps of Krieg army because I think the Grenadiers and Engineers look cool as hell and I just recently got some chimeras from a friend, so I was thinking of doing a mechanized Krieg list.
But I'm not very familiar with IG either from playing with or against them so I'm not really sure what else to fill out my army with, what upgrades to take or what I do with their super squishy HQs.

What I quoted applies to measurements as well. So a Land Raider would have a 3" bubble around it that you can disembark into.

A Stormraven however would only have its 3" bubble measured from the base.

hope you like paying 60$ for 10 guardsmen
are Grenadiers still gone?

Oh fug, that would look great on rubrics if it cracked tiny enough. Maybe even Death Guard

Since you fuckwits changed threads for no fucking reason in the middle of the day, What is today's rumour engine?
"It’s Rumour Engine time, and this one is of something we think is PARTICULARLY awesome – if only we could tell you what it is…"

>Not paying $12 for 10 through China

Baka!

I'm buying my infantry from China.
Fair considering Grenadiers are no longer available from FW.
I don't want to spam basic infantry either way.

Grenadiers are gone & done