*blocks ur path*

*blocks ur path*

Other urls found in this thread:

crypticstudios.com/magic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothin' personnel, kid

He can't be blocked or done damage by colored spells

*exiles u*

Spells, not creatures. A creature is not as spell if it resolves (or which is the same, enters the battlefield).

Faggot.

Whoops

*sacrifices a scion*

>Protection from colored spells

>he hardcasts emmie
Get out of here casul

>not using Elfish piper to put down fat Eldrazis + scion producers to stall and block

Nigger

I'm glad you enjoy your tier 7 strategy

>He doesnt know what a spell is

*Blocks ur summon*

>There are people who play MTG that unironically think this

Problem?

VIDEO GAMES

Is standard fun again I stopped paying attention to sets after the Egyptian gods were announced i think

>When Oblivion Ring enters the battlefield

Not a spell when it hits the battlefield sweetie.

???

>it's a blue-decks-make-everyone-salty-because-they're-the-best episode

>by colored spells
Creature ability =/= spell

Yugioh is better anyways.

Playing Yugioh is like playing Solitaire in front of a dude who's also playing Solitaire to see who finishes first.

>OTK or be OTK'd
>Fun
At least it's not FTK anymore.

Yeah you dont know what you're talking about, the meta decks very rarely OTK
classic /v/ I guess.

Tenth edition foils are so nice. I wish this Time Stop wasn't a hundred bucks compared to like, two dollars non-foil.

Why the fuck would you ever leave Emmy as a blocker?
Do you know what Annihilator does? You swing with that thing

?

It's not a spell, that only covers Instants and Sorceries.

Dont post my super secret tech faggot

Actually everything in the zone "the stack" is a spell.
So creatures, enchantment, artifacts, and Planeswalkers are spells at some point, but only up until they hit the battlefield and become permanents.

Try casting a pacifism on Emrakul then you faggot.

I hope you have more than 6 permanents on the field or you're boned, kiddo

>his or her
Fucking sjws

pacifism requires a legal target to enter the stack, oblivion ring dosen't require one until its already left the stack.

I know that. I was pointing out how
> that only covers Instants and Sorceries
is incorrect.

>*blocks ur path*
Not in Magic Arena, she does not.
Filthy Modo plebs jerking off to their digital vintage goodies, will soon feel the true pain of a bait&switch, when new content updates shall be stopped for MtgO, pushing players to Arena.

Only then, y'all feel what Duels players felt.
You filthy patriarcal assholes.

Why doesn't Magic have it's own RPG game yet?

Why didn't you quit duels earlier user? Surely you realised by EMN or KLD that the gimped versions of sets we were getting were fucking bullshit.

>tfw it's a monkeys paw wish come true

crypticstudios.com/magic

I didn't quite because I played on Steam; where on the day of release users were able to get unlimited free in-game gold without purchase, and where insta-win cheats let you farm gold at your own leisure.
That's why I didn't quit. Because Deuls let me enjoy magic for FREE.

Were/are you a superfriends shitter?

Only few times in BfZ, with the fucking moss.
Then I stopped.

who /Burn/ here? People just don't understand that it's the most complex and intricate deck in any format, nay, any card game in the history of man.

Is there a card more satisfying than this one senpai?

Protection means it can't be targeted. Oblivion Ring clearly targets. Oblivion Ring does NOT get around protection.
The version that exiles everything on the field would work, however.

Oblivion Ring isn't a spell when it targets a permanent you mouth breathing retard.

The single most satisfying card in the game is actually Hidetsugu's Second Rite.

Just pick him as one of the Annihilator targets. You get to pick before blockers are declared.

Fireblast or Price of Progress.

Not how it works, you don't choose what the defending player sacs.

Is there a better alternative to Wagic if I want to play against AI decks?

Karakas that shit up

>Price of Progress
Great taste

literally since alpha, jesus christ.

Garfield is a cucked beta nu-male.

Me and a large group of friends did a draft. My first and probably only draft. I won and got first pick on keeps for rare+ cards.

I picked Emrakul. And kept it as a sort of trophy in my collect.
a year later i traded it for 5 garbage rares.
Now that i don't play anymore i wish i had my trophy back...

Has the Veeky Forums is bad at magic meme gone too far?

This was originally a thread on /v/.

Holy fuck you are dense. The keyword is SPELLS, not protection. SPELLS means anything on the stack. Oblivion Ring isn't on the stack when it declares a target, ergo it isn't a spell and can target Emrakul.

Thread was moved from /v/. /v/ is bad at magic because there isn't a prompt that tells you how to play the game every time you do the wrong thing.

What's Veeky Forums's excuse then?

*bounces u*

Meh.

I just want to say there's something immensely satisfying about seeing an eldritch abomination from beyond the veil of time and space getting taken out by a fucking spider.

I'm pretty new, so when something has an effect that goes off when it enters the battlefield, it can't be countered? Or how does that work? Because my friend countered a creature I played that deals 2 damage when it enters the battlefield.

Jesus you guys are bad at this game

Also
>He

It's OK

>their own set has a way to combat their op cards
do you think it was on purpose or failed oversight?

Alonso please leave

This remind me about that time in commander (Animar vs Scion of the Ur-dragon) when I've reanimated the Hornet queen of my opponent and used a token to block her attack, an ancient multidimensional god killed by a wasp sting.

>their own set
You do realize that zendikar and battle for zendikar blocks are years apart right?

MY NEGRO
>have a RW casul burn deck
>deal X Spells and gain X Spells
>defenders and lifegain to stall my opponents until I drop Hidetsugu's Second Rite
>sometimes have mana to deal X OTK someone
>gain X them up to 10 just to cast Rite
>my friends and I develop a habit a belting out "HAI DE SU GU" in niponese accent whenever it's cast

regarding protection
>Protection (This can't be blocked, targeted, dealt damage, or enchanted by anything (quality).)
While Oblivion Ring isn't a spell, and isn't an aura it still targets and is colored.

didn't mean to reply

Are you arguing that Oblivion Ring's triggered ability can or cannot target and exile Emrakul, the Aeons Torn?

protection says can't be targeted by anything colored so yes.

But Emrakul doesn't read "protection from colors." It reads "protection from colored spells." If Oblivion Ring has resolved, it is no longer a spell, and triggered abilities are not spells.

you are right, my b

If it's 'enters the battlefield', said creature has to enter the battlefield for that ability to trigger - if it's countered, then it doesn't enter the battlefield at all. You don't get the ability.
If the ability says 'When you cast ~', then it happens regardless of what happens to the creature itself (and, in fact, happens before the creature hits the battlefield), but the only way to get it is if you actually CAST it - you can't cheat it out via reanimation or various hand-to-battlefield cards and get it. Very few things have cast triggers, though, and most of what does is Eldrazi.

>no sister named Meagan

Artefact aren't colored, no?

That one is, but it doesn't matter. Activated abilities aren't spells.

That artifact is colored. It is an artifact and it is black.
It still bypasses Emrakul's protection because it's an ability, not a spell, that's doing the destruction.
Pretty much anything other than sorceries, instants, auras, and cast triggers will ignore that protection, and most cast triggers are on colorless things anyways.

I'm new to magic, but I'm thinking about dropping it. How the flying fuck does that make a lick of sense?

Once you get the highly codified definition of spell, it makes total sense. Things are spells as they are being cast. When you read something that says counter target spell, or return target spell to its owners hand, you know intuitively that it can't hit creatures on the battlefield, even though it can hit them on the stack. Oblivion ring has a triggered ability that happens when it enters the battlefield, when it is no longer a spell. If emrakul said protection from all colors, it would work on oblivion ring, this is because oblivion rings triggered ability is white, but it is not, however, a spell. Things like this are infact once of the reasons you should not drop the game. The rules are highly developed, highly flexible, and highly readable once you understand what is going on under the hood.

All of you, never post about Magic again until you learn the fucking rules and stop being such fucking casuals, then you can come and shitpost about how the game's rules work. Fuck off.

Alot of Magic's rules are based on phrasing. "Spells" refers to cards that are being cast, meaning on the stack. "Permanents" refers to Artifacts, Creatures, Enchantments, and Planeswalkers(and also lands technically but they aren't cast) that have resolved on the stack and "Entered the battlefield". Oblivion Ring's ability activates when it enters the battlefield, so at that point it's no longer a spell and is considered a permanent. Emrakul's ability protects her from being targeted, enchanted by, blocked by, or dealt damage by sources which are "colored spells"; Oblivion RIng is not a colored spell when it's ability goes on the stack. If Emrakul had protection from "colored permanants" or "all colors" or "everything"(pic related) then Oring wouldn't be able to do shit.

If they learned how the game's rules worked then they wouldn't be able to shit post about it

*Oblivion Ring's ability triggers

technically activating and triggering are also different things

fucking goddamnit I meant to tag

Good thing I'm not Ur.
Sucks to be him/her/it/them/xir/xor/zur/karn

Oldfag who hasn't touched magic for years, does that ever even get played? My understanding is that all the mana generators I am familiar with (sol ring, moxes, black lotus, dark ritual, etc) have long been banned, and 15 rounds means you lost 3 times already. Just wondering if one of you kids could hip me to the new lingo.

Show and Tell and Through the Breach are the primary ways it is cheated into play and if your opponent can't answer it they've been chunked for 15 and lost their entire board.

There is a reason Emrakul is the only thing with that specific form of protection.
It's supposed to be a bit wonky and confusing (unless you're good with the rules), it's an eldritch horror that isn't even fully manifest. Almost everyone slips up with how Oring works with Emrakul.
As for the actual HOW?
The spell Oblivion Ring has no targets, just like most non-aura enchantments. You just play it. Then, once it's on the battlefield, it's no longer a spell but a permanent. Then we come to the actual text of the card. 'When Oblivion Ring' means it's a triggered ability. 'enters the battlefield' is what sets it off - and that just happened! 'exile another target nonland permanent - and here's what it does'.
Since this is a triggered ability of a permanent, and not a spell (colored or not), Emrakul is a valid target of this ability.

>Emrakul blocking

This kind of strategy is usually beaten by OUT PLAYING THE PLEB!

Neat. I have to say from what I've seen the game is a lot more interesting than it was when I used to play.

Sneak Attack as well.

Don't forget 12-Post decks, making hella mana and hardcasting for that sweet extra turn.

Good luck, I'm behind 15 squirrel tokens.

You can Show And Tell your Emrakul. I'll be over here behind my wurms.