Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Disciplined Edition (Who am I kidding ya'lls a bunch of headless conscripts)

>Mordian Focus: Fire discipline
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/regiment-focus-mordian-sep26gw-homepage-post-2/

>Catachan Focus: Catachan stronk
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/25/regimental-focus-catachan-sep25gw-homepage-post-2/

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MTnhdHvABEc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Mordia!

Leman Russ can now shoot twice at half speed.

So they confirmed that conscripts get regimental tactics.

OH BOY! s4 conscripts!!

My nightmare is becoming true.

Imperial Guard, already top tier, are getting straight up buffs from their codex.

They already have the easiest time getting command points, so they're gonna do great against everyone.

Give me one reason not to do it right fucking now

*tanks

>bolter
can't fap to this

Yeah but commissars now have no effect on their leadership so they're going to run away in droves.

*teleports behind you*

*Impatient Ork noises*

because you could get two normal Leman Russ kits for the same price

> FW.

This thread and your ass has been claimed for Mordia

>commissars now have no effect on their leadership
Can't possibly be true. Would make more sense if it was a 50/50 chance to pass with a commissar.

Jokes on you, my troops are protected by the Plague Roomba aura.

You can't win here Imperial Fists!

Mordian Commisars lead from the front, pistols are for the ones that need to watch their soldiers backs.

By current RAW, Grinding Advance doesn't work on the Annihilator turret. I'd wait for a FAQ.

I'm finally doing it, I'll get into WH. Some piece of advice? How much do I need to spend for an army? What should I buy to start? Other shit you wished they told you when you started?

>third party shit
Good luck getting people to play with you.

Where the fuck was that written? Hint: it wasn't.

>Use to think mordians looked silly
>Read up on their lore
>No surrender, no retreat, march rank and file straight into death
>So fucking disciplined commisars don't even have to do shit when assigned to them.

Well... looks like I'm gonna be poor after I buy some minis from victoria.

make sure you REALLY like your color scheme

Hey, so i was doing some digging yesterday and confirmed something that 95% of you are guaranteed not to give a shit about. I was wondering whether it was canon that Shas'o Kais, the T'au HQ in Dawn of War, was Puretide's third student alongside Farsight and Shadowsun, or whether it was just 1d4chan fanon that they like to pass off as canon. As it turns out, there's a (very brief) mention in the 6th ed Tau codex about them thawing out Kais to fight in Damocles, which puts Kais in the tabletop canon. In the Farsight novellas, he had mentioned Kais as a fellow pupil (and his combat doctrine, emphasizing lone wolf-style warfare), but it was up in the air whether that would matter to the tabletop. 40k canon is mutable at best.

This is important, for a given value of important, since it opens up the way for a new high-profile T'au named character. With the storyline progressing in 8th, there's a lot of places where such a character would go -- getting called into action to help with 5th Sphere expansion, maybe having been the one leading the lost 4th Sphere. In terms of tabletop, having a guy who specializes in lone-wolf combat would be an excellent opportunity to have a named character in one of the bigger suits like Broadsides or Riptides -- and considering BS2+ is a 66% damage increase from BS4+, this could be a big deal! Not to mention T'au models tend to look great anyways.

So here's hoping!

I would make it so that they can't use the Commissars leadership and their morale losses are halved rounding up instead of just 1.

>when angels diserve to.... DIEEEEEE

I've seen this pic countless times and I only just noticed the female mordians in the picture.

FAHTHERfatherFather!FAHTHERfatherFather!FAHTHERfatherFather!FAHTHERRRAAAAAAAH!!!!

Just bought five @ 20 bucks each

>~350 dollars including paints & such
>Start collecting box x2, and/or any boxed game with your faction in it.
>It's important to decide on a paint scheme before you start a project, and it's important to assemble and paint units rather than individual models. So don't be afraid to build 3, 6, 9, or however many practice models you need to see each paint scheme you're thinking of in action.
>Your tools and brushes are as important as your skill.
>Don't be afraid to paint in sub-assemblies. Getting to the inside of assembled capes is a fucking nightmare.

They are really deciplined in rank, once their ranks break they probably go back to being standard guard levels of bravery
that's why they just never break ranks
>commissar sits on a bench overlooking he battlefield as he smokes a cigar, unneeded

Shit. Guess I did do something wrong. There goes the planethood. Normally that would have racist connotations but what I just did is actually much worse.

Who are you quoting.

Oh, and
>don't paint any bright colour over black
>if your base coat comes in a spray, get it, and use it religiously
>MULTIPLE THIN COATS
>get an airbrush if you're a richfag or know what you're doing

the rules state which turret weapons it works with, im not familiar with krieg, but is that a normal turret weapon or some crazy forge world one?

user, heed this user's advice. Although it is so fucking beautiful, I'd buy it anyway.
>poorfags btfo

>Shoots twice in your direction

I have become death, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTR of worlds.

Magnus. I think you're getting your memes crossed.

>hur dur there's no way this massive singularity of psychic power could be sapient

nothing of dawn of war is canon

You forgot another one of Dunky's Rules.

>inb4 reduced to 15 shots
nothing ammonel, kid

But not varnish or washes, bubbles are hell.

>Brother-Captain Osteoporosi!
>*Groans in pain* What is it Brother Arthritus?
>You would go into battle without your Cawl-Pattern Assault Ladder?
>I cannot see what you are referring to, Brother Arthritus.

Helm or no Helm?

>Tomorrow, we’ll be looking at the Vostroyans, an army designed to defeat your enemies by outranging them

Tomorrow can't get here soon enough.

That's good advice user. I'll change it.

How many threads you gonna repeat this shit?

>these aren't my glasses

Take it slow. The "Start Collecting!" boxes are a good first purchase for pretty much every army. The cost of an army is going to vary for faction to faction. Some are more elite, some are hordes. Aim for 1000 points to start. If you're interested in Space Marined or Nurgle Death Guard the Dark Imperium box set gets you almost there on their own. For anything else grab the SC Box and work from there.

Make an effort to learn how to paint. The game is a lot more fun if you have at least a reasonably painted force you painted yourself. The Warhammertv youtube page is a great resource for this. The WIP also has good resources even if people are going to be kinda elitist about paintjobs.

Until I decide.

Still undecided.

>>Read up on their lore
>>No surrender, no retreat, march rank and file straight into death
As opposed to all these other regiments whose tactics revolve around surrender and retreat.

Fucking helm that bitch

Either complete shit or OP as fuck. Gonna be exciting.

> third party

Haha the bait worked again

>hobby knife is a razor taped to a pen
>random baneblade ladder
>terminator with different mark helmet, kitbashed bolter and powersword glued on
>resin dust everywhere
What the fuck happened man?

>gee brother gorguts, why does the grandfather let you have TWO helms?

>30" lasrifles

Aren't bolters supposed to break a normal human's arms with the recoil?

Are Weirdboys the only Ork Psykers? Seem pretty shit to be the only option.

Also that Weirdboy looks like a sassy gay man.

>an army designed to defeat your enemies by outranging them

Advance after firing, so you can fire and fall back or some sort artillery bonus.

Am astartes bolter in the lore is larger than a humans, basically an astartes bolt gun is S4.5 fluffwise

Helm

Kais is a common Tau name. Even Farsight's name is in there. The guy in the game/novel Fire Warrior is named Kais.

DoW Kais had an XV22 "like" Shadowsun.

As for Tau, it looks like I am going to play them as Mordians.

There's "civillian" versions with lower fire rate, muzzle velocity and more compensators, just like there's lesser power armours that only carry themselves.

>Sassy gay man
>Dressed as a farseer
That means his disguise is working

....does that technically count as doing something wrong?

gameplay wise yes

lore-wise no

Space Marine variants? Yes. But there are many variants. The SoB, for example, are designed for non-black carapace power armoured users. The Bolters for sergeants are even less recoiled. But you pay for various things. In terms of rules, no difference, in terms of fluff? There always is. SoB Bolters are as powerful as lasguns against CSM yet CSM Bolters rekt SoB.

Yes, but even so, Kais got a mention in an actual Codex (to add to his existence in the novels), which is my point. Also, didn't the Blood Ravens Chapter Master get a model?

Chem-Dogs docrines are: steal what you can.
and: live to steal another day.

but yes, just as Imperial Fists, Iron Hands and Dark Angels are known for beeing even more stubborn then other Astartes many guard regiments are known for their disciplin. Which makes them all similar. and disciplin nothing special.

> Magos Xura Thezerin ordered from within Gloria Vastator.
The secutarii responded as if possessing a single, collective mind. Thezerin’s doctrina imperative slaved all of their strategy to the overriding purpose of protecting the god-machines. Noospheric links switched their perceptions to binaric omniscience. Venterras experienced the entire battlefield reduced to digital components. The foe was a series of data streams, equations to be solved, then cancelled. The most efficient arc of fire, coordinated relative to that of every other secutarii, appeared before him. His response and his perception were simultaneous. The same was true of all the hoplites and peltasts.
>The results were devastating. The heretics ran into a wall of precision destruction. The front wave of the mob went down, not a single attacker making it through the wall of explosions and energy discharges.

Well, ouch. I thought Skitarii Imperatives were basically regular instructions and minor stuff like autoranging sights or something, not fucking aimbot Perfect Dark mode.
Also using Titan legs with deployable cover struts from legs as moving infantry forts and Hoplite phalanxes, as well as a DarkMech EMP suicide bomb Dunecrawler. This book is making me want to start an Mech army.

Oh your terminators failed their charge? We'll my entire army can now fire at them.

>Disciplined fire

>Vostroyan INFANTRY models receive the extra shot from any Rapid Fire weapons even at maximum range

>Vostroyan VEHICLES recieve re-rolls to hit on 1s and 2s

What Book is that from?

>Putrescent Fog: Friendly Death Guard Infantry units that are entirely within 7" of a Myphitic Blight-hauler gain the benefit of cover when making armour saves.

>Imperial Fists: Siege Masters- Enemy units do not receive the benefit to their saving throws for being in cover against attacks made by Imperial Fists models with this tactic.

How does this work?

Any chance of you fucking up Zerdon Dorkon?

I'll probably start with generic Chaos Warriors. Speesh Marines are interesting too. Where can I look at some painted armies and see which color schemes interest me the most?

Yeah thanks, I saw that start collecting boxes contain a lot of cool shit and they don't even cost that much. Painting and assembling are the things that scare me the most tho, I'm a pretty unhandy person.

I recall hearing that the DoW devs hinted that DoW Kais and FW Kais were the same guy, but they don't have final say over it.

Yeah, I noticed there's a bunch of Kais-es, but whether or not the DoW one is canon or not, there is a third Puretide student in the wings in case they want to give Tau new models.

You really like the Mordian rules or don't like the Tau rules?

Mordians hook is the formality and parade ground disciplne, which is a cool thematic. More than anyone FRF, SRF makes sense for them.

Don't, almost none of that shit is actually in the army.

Better off waiting for Fire of Cyraxus Soon before deciding to venture into an Ad mech army, most of what you want will come from that.

Is it not immediately obvious that that name is made up and fake?

Look at the profile, no friends, obviously fake life details.

You've not doxxed me. You've doxxed my phantom. My apparition.

I can't for wait for Valhallan tactics and get disappointed by reroll to wound orks or something useless like thst

DG gets cover and IF ignores it. What's not to get?

That infantry buff is too powerful and neither align with the outranging theme. Perhaps if they wanted to double down on the napoleonic theme, they could apply that if they stand still.

Fists pump enough dakka in there

Which faction(s) are you thinking of? As far as I know (maybe different in 8e) the Mechanicus have the best value start collecting box.

Well it specifies it as a cover bonus so I'd say other stuff interacts with it as they would any other form of cover.

those death guard are getting fisted

That's the point, it's disguised as a panzee Eldar.

It's a hard counter, the IF ignore cover in any form when shooting and all the fog does is give units cover in the open.

"Warlord: Fury of the God-Machine". Pretty good battle sequences, although maybe it's just that Space Marines are absurdly dull as they smash though everything and the Admech, Guard and Titans actually have some interesting tricks.

Does anyone know what the ghosar enigma from the deathwatch shorts is or is alluded to be?

Fucking read them.

It's the only thing I could think of short of straight up increasing weapon range, and that really isn't all that good if it's only lasguns and OP as all fuck if it's everything.

I compromised by increasing their effective weapon range to represent firing drills giving them the ability to place their shots closer together at further distances.

>I'm a pretty unhandy person.
Watch some of Duncan's videos. Especially the "Ready for Battle" series which focuses on some easier techniques aimed at beginners. As long as you take your time its not to hard to get a respectable paint job.

youtube.com/watch?v=MTnhdHvABEc

Can you still fuck up?

How much do you enjoy painting rotting flesh tones? If you think you can do them well, do whatever the fuck you want, it's your model.

They used to have Commander Chenkov, AKA grandaddy "Forward you dogs!"

mechanically? Yes. though in lore all orks are psykers

Oh boy this will be fun.

Could be RF range is 18" a la Death Guard.

Newfag here

any tips for moving forward with army-building after Dark Imperium? Going raven guard.

Have about 1000 points (everything in DI + another 5 man squad of intercessors). Thinking about grabbing a squad of scout snipers or two. Maybe some reivers.