/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

There's already a Total War thread, keep it there!

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WHFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WHFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ
WHFRPG 2nd Edition Random Character Generator silverghost.me.uk/wfrp/
WHFRPG 4th Edition Project cubicle7.co.uk/cubicle-7-and-games-workshop-announce-new-edition-of-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/14-undying-dynasties
Bretonnia Alternative: tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/64-kingdom-of-equitaine
Beastmen- tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/82-beast-herds
Vampires: tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/25-vampire-covenant
Bretonnians/Empire alternatives: fireforge-games.com/hobby/miniature-galleries/miniatures

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Total War Warhammer II : store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com
stunties.com/wiki/index.php/Citadel_-_Dwarf_Collectors_Guide
store.warlordgames.com/collections/war-of-the-roses-1455-1485/products/dark-ages-mercenaries-european-infantry-1450-1500
games-workshop.com/en-US/Karl-Franz-on-Deathclaw
games-workshop.com/en-US/Luthor-Huss-Prophet-of-Sigmar
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In WFRPG why are horn and natural weapon mutations treated so damn differently?

How do I handle use of Fate Points in 2nd edition?

One of my players just died, a Critical Result of 10 to the head, which is instant, messy, permanent death. However, he spent a Fate Point. According to page 198/199 in the core book Fate Points do not allow PCs to just get away with anything, it just stops them from being dead/maimed. The player wants to wake up after the combat at 0 wounds but otherwise fine. I am countering that he will have to be on bed rest for a period while he recuperates and there is probably some kind of psychological damage as well, possibly necessitating IP gain.

The player *insists* that I had previously let another PC get away with the "FP to avoid death, wake up at 0 wounds and carry on as normal" last year, but it's been so long ago I don't recall if the PC actually died or was just supposed to be severely injured. If it is true that I let the other player get away with it, should I also let this PC?

The rules tended to be modified as they went on. Houserule to your liking.

regarding WHFRP, are there any good house rules for antagonist lizardmen? There seems to be good house rules for PC's but not mobs.

There was this really kind user in the older thread, who was a spacesend for all those missing pieces in my collection. Do you have any of the Collector's Guide books as well? WHFB Collector's Guide stuff is really hard to come by...

I think he's mostly scared to have to create a whole new character. I'd be.
It's the thing I hate most about RP games.

Does WHFB even have that big of a playerbase now that AoS is out?

RAW, Fate Points don't come with a 'but'. Consequences should be applicable to the battle and nothing else.

By the way, you always get an Insanity Point when you suffer a critical hit, due to the trauma. I don't recall if burning a FP negates that.

You could probably, if you were lazy, resin an existing mook type.

Or you could translate the 6th or 8th stats into WFRP.

What would differentiate a saurus temple guard from a regular saurus?
Is a kroxigor basically a rat ogre with armour?

I'm not a big lizardman fan, so these are general answers.

For the first, probably skills, skill focuses, attack numbers, and characteristics. For the second, I don't know, I don't have their statline in front of me.

Why did GW keep giving Chaos Warrior musicians horns even though they wear closed helmets?

They're all on Scribd.

another fill:
Liber Chaotica
sendspace.com

/file/f00mid
&
reposting this from end of last thread
Warhammer diskwars core scans
sendspace.com

/file/5gpoty

Warhammer diskwars rules faq etc
sendspace.com

/file/ocowmv

>Why did GW keep giving Chaos Warrior musicians horns even though they wear closed helmets?
The point is that you can have either or. Guys with horns can't wear helmets.
Since they usually blow a horn or something they'd at the very least have to have an open faced helmet anyways.
Any if your guys needs isn't gonna wear a helmet you might as well do something interesting with the head.

Don't think too much about it, there is no deeper lore to it.

He's aware his character is alive and unmaimed, so I doubt that's it. It might be a sense of fairness? I don't have in my notes anything about the other player's use of his Fate Point, but the only one I remember him using was to avoid an Insanity.

Page 198-199 of the core book give several examples of "but"s attached to Fate Point use. For example, you survive but all your equipment is destroyed, or you are taken captive, etc. It also makes multiple references to characters having their wounds being tended upon waking up.

>Guys with horns can't wear helmets

Chaos armor reshapes itself to accommodate any mutations its owner has.

But you can't always have either or.

>Chaos armor reshapes itself to accommodate any mutations its owner has.
This. In the case of something like Chosen, the old HoC book would have you believe that the chaos armor has actually become part of their bodies and that they never take it off.

they do all appear to be on scribd apart from The Dwarf Collectors Guide 2nd Edition 2006 (they have 1st ed tho)

I don't think you guys understood, I meant why do they keep giving blowing horns when they have closed helmets?

>It also makes multiple references to characters having their wounds being tended upon waking up.

No shit - you're at 0 Wounds still.

This is replicated in Tome of Corruption, which states that once you're in Chaos Armor, you're in it for good.

>still no Tomb Kings

the kits always come with unhelmeted heads. If you glue a helmeted head onto a body that holds an instrument that requires lips to use it's not really GW's problem.
That said skeletons have horns too and they don't even have lips.

As I said don't overthink this.

>the kits always come with unhelmeted heads.

Are the blighkings a waac choice?

Should the blood of other races have an effect on vampires?

Like a vampire who exclusively feeds on Orcs or High Elves? Should there be a difference?

I think Abhorash stopped needing blood after drinking dragon blood.

How the hell did that death wizard chick and the emperor come across dragons?

Don't they Need to be sung at or some shit to even do anything but sleep and fly south to die

Kroxigors use weapons, are less aggressive and more even tempered. They also work well with skinks.
Rat Ogres need to be driven by pain into combat, and are very angry.

Temple Guard are braver, wear armour, and if a Slann is in sight, are basically unbreakable. They also use Halberds.

For a dead game it have keep it's shit together pretty well, the difference now is that people are getting their miniatures from non GW sources like warlord miniatures, avatars of war, raging heroes, etc.

Im having no luck with dwarf collectors guide 2E
isnt a huge difference from 1E according to stunties.com/wiki/index.php/Citadel_-_Dwarf_Collectors_Guide ah well add it to the book

righto any glaring omissions to fill up?

I'm aware of and unable to find -
dwarf collectors guide 2E
Gotrex and Felix Curse of the Everliving text
Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy omnibus for the included short story The Court of The Crimson Queen
Path to Victory Gamebooks (print on demand)
Beneath the City of the White Wolfby M.F. Bradshaw (April 2012)
Shadows over Sylvaniaby Jonathan Green (February 2013)
and War UnendingOmnibus edited by Christian Dunn (think we have the contents separately)

Believe I've filled everything else...... have I?

Speaking of spare bitz, how do you use your spare bitz? I at first was pondering chariot wheels (2 round bases, glued with the narrow ends on the inside, with greenstuff to fill the gaps), and making a few coaches/cannons/etc. What projects do you do with your spare minis?

Is it fluff-correctly to run Nagarythe army which is representing city militia-lord and his forces + allies from Chrace?

What happens if I drink from dragon egg?

The mommy eats you.

recently made a bunch of treasure markers for Frostgrave.

If you got enough to do more models you can always do unit fillers, casualties or other conversions.

Have him survive, barely, with horrific brain damage and a wound that will require immediate medical attention that even if healed will probably cripple him for life.

I feel~~ like this is not a serious answer

Actually it was? He wanted his character to survive, he survives. Plus it could be fun to roleplay.

Dunno how it looks on the larger scale but in my local gaming club we are about four people who regularly play fantasy and a couple who do it mostly for tournaments. The AoS-players are about the same or perhaps slightly more numerous.

Not him, but I think the anons here have it right: head trauma causing some lasting effect. Maybe a sort of creeping madness. Maybe horrific, chaos visions.

same here

You do know that it's kinda easy to quickly remove/lift up a helmet right?
Fun fact: one of the more common helmets worn by roman legionaries, pic related, was basically designed to look like you're wearing the famous corinthian helmet 'over the forehead' as apperantly the hellenes were want to do when marching.

Also, the Warriors of Chaos box includes a helmetless head so your point is moot.

Or just, like, blackouts or whatever, memory loss. Depends where the hit was, really.

I'm currently working on a Chaos Warshrine. The idea I have for it is that it would proudly display all the loot and artifacts scavenged and taken by my army. As such I'm going to fill it with all manner of bits from various races and armies.

Can a PC in WHFRP 2nd become Undead and still be playable?

There are vampires. Depends on the type of undead.

That's not how Fate points are supposed to work.

Strictly speaking, yes, they could become vampires - though DMs are strongly discouraged from allowing a vampire PC.

I wouldn't know, they never did me any good.

What about something less powerful? A Wight or something similar?

One of my PCs is a Mutant but they might soon be working with a Tomb King. I can't imagine him letting a Chaos creature serve him, but could see him offering the PC undeath as a solution.

wights don't have free will, so no.

What about, like, Tomb Guards? IIRC they have a degree of intelligence and free will. I could imagine the PC losing 2d10 Int and gaining a deference for his master as cost?

>,fw Skaven ending of the Vortex Campagin

How does it end?

What career is he in?

No, shut up, I wanna find out for myself!

its not ended yet.
the Twin tailed comet n the game was literally a skaven fake that was used to weaken the vortex. The skaven stole the power of each ritual to empower a giant bell. When the bell is rung 13 times at the vortex, the horned rat is summoned into the world.

THE Horned Rat? Does he have a model in-game or something?

We see him in a cutscene. Its pretty well done

Got a link?

its live on twitch tv/ninjahund
you can catch the end.

He's a Dilettante now but about to transition into Rapscallion. He just became a mutant with the Fast mutation, his first.

IIRC, tomb guard are usually martials before their death. You could use his silver tongue and turn him into a herald. Not sure if he would be adventuring much with the party still however.

That's incorrect. Many wights still have some or all of their will, but they tend to be easily dominated by necromancers.

It wouldn't be hard to houserule a wight, but there's no native rules. Still, no one civil will tolerate a talking corpse near them save under very extreme circumstances.

>Horned rat as part of the skybox
SHEEEEEIT

THE SKAVEN ARE RELENTLESS

ITS HAPPENING

IT SPEAKS

IT FUCKING SPEAAAAAAAKS

THE HORNED RAT SPEAKS TO US

ANDY HALL AND MIKE SIMPSON SAVING THE WORLD ONE QUEST AT A TIME!

>no verminlord

>enemies have no magic
no shit.

FUCK YOU ALL FURRY FUCKS! THE EMPIRE PREVAILS!

FAITH, STEEL, AND GUNPOWDER!!

Prevails at choke-dying, you mean. After this, I'm going to go fuck-fuck an elf-thing.

*gets confused by tech tree*
*dies*

I've been putting my Empire band back together to play some classic WFB.
I've just found that GW's website is still selling a lot of old Empire models. Unlisted, so you have to search.
I've already bought a hundred bucks worth. I want to buy so much more.
Help me Veeky Forums. I need to protect his smile but I can't if I go broke.

Wait so does this confirm Chaos Gods can manifest themselves as psychical beings in the mortal plane? If so why haven't they before?

>Lizardmen fight lizardmen in TWW

What is the justification here?

Cause the vortex is stopping them presumably

My slann said somthing that contridicts your slann?

They've tried before.

Shut your fucking rat mouth my slann could beat up your slann.

My Slan is more fuckable than either of your slanns.

How would you guys go about making a 4000 point list with Tamurkhan in it?

It's currently sold out but you might want to check out Warlord's Mercenaries - European Infantry.
store.warlordgames.com/collections/war-of-the-roses-1455-1485/products/dark-ages-mercenaries-european-infantry-1450-1500

They also sell landsknechts.

Thanks for spoiling.
Dick.

Oh yeah, I usually try to keep tabs on Perry Minis for some more base unit stand-ins.
But Perry doesn't have things like "Freeguild General on Griffon"
games-workshop.com/en-US/Karl-Franz-on-Deathclaw
Or Warrior Priest on Warhorse.
games-workshop.com/en-US/Luthor-Huss-Prophet-of-Sigmar

>Whore Princess of Urine sea

Elspeth is a Mary sue

And the Emperor got his Dragon from a random cave in bumfuckistan

Where do you think you are?

Does anyone remember a short story set in Nehekhara where a living woman is brought prisoner to a Tomb King to watch his skeletons dance? The beauty and precision of the skeletons' dance convinces the woman to join the tomb king and it ends with her being killed and risen.

I really liked it when I read it but can't remember what it's called, who it's by, or where I read it.

So is the chaosfag, so it balances out.

I consider it an alt reality.

>it was unrelated
for better or worse, moot loved us, he cared of us, in his own twisted cuckoldrous ways, but still

a soft blue board was the best thing for Veeky Forums

All you are required to do when the players spend a fate point is have their characters survive where they would have died. You are NOT required to give them:

1. Their freedom
2. All (or even any) of their gear back
3. All of their limbs back
4. Anything else

Burning a fate point is not a "get out of jail free card." It's a "here's a chance to keep playing, let's see if you can dig yourself out of this mess."