>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dow.wikia.com/wiki/Davian_Thule
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>broke my Johnny's leg
WHY DOES EVERY GOOD THING I HAVE GET RUINED
I pasted it back but I can feel him staring at me

>two videos today
>they're both on painting red armor
>there are at least five previous videos on this already
Fuck you, Brandon.

I'm trying to deicde between a new guard army, either Kriegers or Savlar chem dogs. I was thinking of using the R&H upgrade set and just filling in the chaos icons, it'll be more effort and cost more than the krieg stuff unless I used cheaper 3rd party stuff instead.
What do you guys think would look cooler, loads of chem dogs or a smaller completely mounted Krieg army?

>Evil Sunz red armor
>Blood Angels tactical marine
>Blood Angels inceptor
>Visarch's armor
>Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons
>Word Bearers armor
>Flesh Tearer armor
>Craftworld Altanasar armor
>Blood Ravens armor

All under three minutes long. ffs brandon

GW is smart. When little Timmy buys a model, he isn't going to search for "how to paint color", he's going to search for "how to paint (name of the model he bought)". That's why Duncan explains thinning, layering, etc. every video. So that when that video is the only one Timmy watches, he'll still do okay.

Might want to wait to see if GW or FW will bless you with an official conversion set first. Also look into Gene-Stealer cultists.

Finally finished my LOC

wow.
I love that shade of green on the wings and staff, mind sharing how you did it?

Army Painter,
Hawk Turquoise - Elemental Bolt - Kraken Skin - Toxic Mist (with mixes in between)

How many people have actual cameras and not just phone cameras?

thanks
my phone camera is actually better than my old DSLR so I just use the phone

Looks great, and the contrasting colors are just ace!

Reposting since the previous thread just died.

Are there any changes to black if I paint it on a grey / white primed surface?

I don't want my black bright or anything.

I'm going to be putting together some.metal models soon, what tools do I need to put them together properly.

I currently have
>citadel clippers
>xacto blade
>citadel pin vise (but I hate this fucking thing, what's a good alternative)
>super glue

I know I should pin my models, is p3 pinni g set worth it?

No black is black

Your primer color will affect your thin layers of weaker colors. Since black is the darkest pigment it overpowers whatever it's placed over, even over white it should only take 3-4 thin layers to get pure black

the only thing I'd add to your list would be some fine files. Sandpaper may work too in a pinch, but files are a lot more convenient.

No idea what the p3 pinning set is, but as long as you got a pin vise, drill bits and wire you don't need anything else.

Also don't forget that putting the model together properly means cleaning them. As in putting them in some water with detergent and giving them a good scrub.

Good point in having to wash them I totally forgot about that.

I've heard that the citadel clippers will break when trying to cut pewter, is this true?

I never bought any citadel tools (I already had all my tools when GW started selling them), but if it's hardened steel like people use in nail clippers you should be fine.
Pewter is harder than lead, but not nearly as hard as the metal proper tool are usually made from.

If that is true though and you find yourself in need of some new clippers in the future, just take a small straight edged wirerclipper like you can get from any DIY store and you'll be fine.

Super close to finishing up my Brokk model. The primer went on a little rough unfortunately, thought?

My b I should know better than that.

Alright, thanks for that user. Never used anything other than black primer and always hear that white / grey changes the brightness of the layers applied.

Art Deco as fuck.
the sword looks a bit iffy and the gun barrells could do with another wash but overall he's pretty cool.

Second angle.

He's angry at you for not giving him an awesome bionic leg or a campfire to eat it.

Art deco? Yeah i scrapped off the failed attempt at danger lines since I found a hair in the coat and I figured it ended up looking good enough for now. Need to think of what I can do with it.

>the Old World died for blimps, top hats, and mustache guns

Does this color scheme subtle enough?
Thinking of starting a new chapter.

It's going to be mighty hard to make it look anything like that, if you're going to use metal paints.

It's too loud for marines imo

Unless you plan on cutting the blue and green and only going yellow and white

You people are still around?

I was thinking of using gold instead of yellow.

The old world died because it couldn't be trademarked.

Landsknechten can't be trademarked, but lightning powered statue super-soldiers can.

Dwarves can't be trademarked, but dandy flying steampunk beard having short-men can.

Elves in the forest can't be trademarked, but pointy eared forest protectors who have gigantic tree mechs and the trees have fucking bees coming out of them can.

GW wants a look that can't be copied or imitated (see Chapter Master) legally. Old world had too much human history and Tolkein in it for this to be possible, so they dropped a nuke on it.

You realize that's an MLP chapter right? That stuff is banned outside the containment board.

fucking beautiful

leave Veeky Forums and never come back

There was actually an user some years back who painted beautiful models in similar colors, with sea greens and white armor. It's just that the picture is 2D and flat, with colors vaguely indicating what they would look like on the model

>lenses are solid royal purple
>gold is yellow
>extremely complex chapter symbol

It can all be done, but you're going to need custom transfers for sure, and probably non-metallic metal everywhere.

Unusual but well executed colour scheme, I like glowing stars on base!

Saved for refrence in further projects!

If you think that's bad...

>The old world died because it couldn't be trademarked
100% this
fuck GW

Yes, it's extremely obnoxious but I can respect someone who puts in that much work for his joke army. I wouldn't associate with male feminists as they're pretty much all rapists and pedophiles, but I'll say that the army doesn't look terribly painted.

Well this is my 2nd model ever painted (1st one is primaris intercessor and it was juts meh) and i just went one of IF pre-heresy color schemes. I hope it isnt that bad

are Galvanic Rifles the only weapons made of wood? I want some WW1/WW2 style guns
is this the same guy who had his whole army including a knight painted like this but with different schemes or is it another guy

Practice making the highlights thinner and the transfer sheet needs work, otherwise its solid.

Remove the banner and this is great.

ooo shadow bolts

I just finished ally box with spiders for Age of Sigmar.

Clean up the highlights with another thin coat on the ones that don't look like they're continuous, then clean up the armor with the base color mixed with some medium or varnish. It looks pretty good already, especially the chest, but the difference between good and great is in the finish.

You have some potential for this. Don't be afraid to go much brighter on your power weapons either. For fire effects, the darkest color you should be using is a bright orange, always finish with or near white.

Why do they have to draw a horse on them?
The color scheme is enough.

I've tried to take several photos, with diffrent light, but that guy is waaay to big for my lightbox!

Still love the model, real pleasure to paint him.

SUBTLETY IS FOR THE WEAK

your chapter your color scheme

And I'm quite happy with base for him!

Humanized is okay with me.

Is it possible to merge two heads together without it looking fucked?

Right now I'm going between taking the mask half of one marine head and the hair half of a space corgi head, or learning how2green stuff. Is sculpting as scary as I think it is?

Because they want the attention of causing a scene when someone makes a negative comment on it. Same with people who put dicks and balls on their daemonettes and bring them to a GW store.

>drops this on your table as Slannesh demon princess

What do?

Looks awesome

I'm painting up a leviathan at the moment and i'm going to be putting it's name on one of the shoulders, it's an Exorcists marine and i'm not 100% on what to name him. Any suggestions?

What's his fluff?

That's awesome. But you don't bring it to a store where you know there will be kids looking to start playing with their parents and shit.

Well thx for tips, will try to do what i can.atm i'm just low on money to get every single shit that i need and on top off all i live in 3th world countrie and nearest place to get any paint and other stuff is 250km away or to get from GW site...anyway too much money :D

No access to vallejo via web orders? Which third world country are we talking about here? France? Germany? Zimbabwe?

First Chapter master of my exorcist succesors so he's 100% exorcists and should probably have an exorcists sounding name, He got put into a dreadnought after a slaanesh deamon prince nearly killed him, it cut off his arms, so he headbutted it to death.

Got one coming in the post, and yes, I agree

Alexander

Nice. I tend to stick to latin-sounding names for battle brothers. Captains can be more flexible though. Any pics?

I'd agree, but spelled the Russian way for added uniqueness. Aleksandr. It works because Russian Orthodoxy.

Hello darkness, my old friend

been posting this guy a lot so you might have seen it before.
Somebody in the chapter is getting that name definitely, probably going to go with something easier to freehand on the side of the levi though.
Thoughts on something like Iachin?

Dreadnoughts don't keep their original names though, they're usually named something new that sounds more like a dreadnought name. Since he's an exorcist, I'd look at some Latin for inspiration.

Tormentem Exorcizo, something like that.

Dunno if this is the right place for this, but taking a break from my death guard, figured I'd do something completely different. It's the bandai 1/72 tie interceptor, fully painted the interior, but can't see it much...

Demon Princes can only take one sword. That model is not WYSIWYG. You should be ashamed of yourself. Honestly I wouldn't really mind.

There are threads on /toy and /m/ for scale models where you might get a better response.

>Dreadnoughts don't keep their original names though
Who is Davian Thule?

>Davian Thule
dow.wikia.com/wiki/Davian_Thule

I know who he is, faggot.
my point is that he keeps his original name, even after being interned in a dreadnought sarcophagus.

Chances are if you have a "new" phone that isn't shit, it will be better than a "cheap" digital camera you buy. So how many people here do you think own expensive cameras? Fucking nobody, except maybe somehow who already worked in or had a hobby involving photography.

The problem is Veeky Forums is full of people who can't even keep their keyboards clean and use flip phones from 1999.

1 megapixel is literally all you need. It's enough to take a 1920x1080.

After looking in to it a bit it looks like some take a new name (Tankred for example) and some don't so either option is fine

>Bjorn

I use an old Power-Shot that used to belong to my mother before she bought an iPhone.

Good pictures have more to do with technique than camera and/or phone.

1. Put the model down on a steady surface. Don't try to hold it while taking the picture.
2. Rest the camera on a steady surface while taking the picture.
3. Make sure the model is well lit.
4. Make sure the image isn't sidways, upside down, or 2Mb larger that it needs to be.

They look great. Love the gobbos.

Nice user, looking good

I was gonna say, what about Bjorn the fucking Fell-Handed?

I keep hearing a voice in my head telling me to model the god of fuck. I don't know what the god of fuck would be if it were a model and I dont have any chaos shit.

What should I do?

Also, the voice is telling me to take my great grandfather's old tobacco pipe and shove it up my ass. I had a strange childhood.

PURGE THE DAEMON IN GLORIOUS CLOSE COMBAT WITH MY BROTHERHOOD CHAMPION
cool model, but I'd probably only use it with friends/people I know/can trust/etc

Getting through my guard. Not pictured 2 Stormtrooper squads, an armored sentinel and a chimera that will be several different things.

Thoughts on an 'Iwo Jima' style multiple marines with a banner on one base as a counts-as for a Primaris Ancient (I don't like my marines looking uneven so I don't use Primaris models. Also Mark four helmets are ugly)

Would the Primaris Ancient's base be big enough to fit 2-3 normalish sized marines?

and the picture....

Salamander which can also be a Hellhound/Basilisk/Medusa/Chimera
Depending on what I put on the top of it

Stormtroopers/Wardens not in the picture.

WHTV have given up basically.

The longer videos that were actually interesting with good techniques are gone forever because "too much effort" and now we have, like you say NINE fucking videos on how to paint red that say

>base darker red
>wash with agrax
>drybrush with lighter colour

every fucking video

>Oh hey, we just released an entire army for the Death Guard, their first new models in 10+ years.
>Also, the 3rd Primarch! Mortarion, shall we do a paint guide?
>lol no, someone has asked us, again, how to paint red

And the audacity of the lying cunts to say

>we didn't have time

When Mortarion was teased 7 months ago, not to mention the model mass produced over a year ago.

I wish they'd just be honest and say

>longer, detailed videos are too much effort, here have another 90 second video on how to paint metal, leadbelcher, nuln oil, stormhost edge highlight

>Who is Davian Thule?
>Who is Warsmith Berossus?
>Who is Bjorn the Fell handed

You have no idea what you are talking about with that shit, the point of a dreadnought is to venerate and remember the deadly warrior inside. Or punish them.

Holy fuck I spend a long fucking time on this project, so glad I finally finished the model itself, now I just need to put it on a base and add a shit ton of skulls. Gonna lead a khorne themed after a mix of HoMM Haven and the First Crusade.

Yeah it is really bumming me out. Some of the quick videos are genuinely interesting, like the elf banner one, but I really would rather see them tackling whole kits again

Does anyone have any tips on how to make 30k world eaters with chainaxes out of the betrayal at calth set? I plan on using the anvil industries ones if that helps, I'm just lost on repositioning all those bolter arms

>tfw you threw away a decal sheet months ago because "when will I ever need that" and now you do.

Decision time, Veeky Forums. Gold or pink trim around the armor?

Is that even a fucking question?
Use both.

All right, mostly done with this guy. Need to do some cleanup on the highlights, finish the base and pick out a few more details (namely all those fucking purity seals). Model has a lot of firsts in it, not all of which came out to my liking - fucked up the interior of the cloak something fierce, and was so far along I said forget it, and figured I'd learn from it and move on. Same with the spear effect, too. Never done that before, and my layers were too thick. Next few should be better. But I'm pretty happy, all told, especially with the head (one of the Sons of Anarchy heads from Mad Robot Miniatures).

looks awesome, very clean look

Looks nice,
Fix up the yellow spilling over onto the rocks I would say. What are you thinking for the edges of the base?
Maybe also add some either darker shade or glow inside the backpack?