Am I The Only D-20 Modern?

I have been running modified D-20 stuff out of Pathfinder and then 5.0, but it's so hard to find other uses.

On Roll20, you can't select the system, so you have to put in like "5.0, Other Games"

I run the system with lots of additives from other systems or rules from D-20 supplements.

Plus I have modifiers to all the weapons, .380 being 2d6-1, 9mm being 2d6, .45 being 2d6+1, and .357 being 2d6+2

D-20, huh

Honest question: Why? I've never given d20 Modern a look since it seems like even most diehard 3.5 players hate it. What draws you to the system? What's it like to run?

D-20, D&D 3.5, 5.0 and so on.

When I was younger, Wizards tried to make 3.0 and 3.5 a system that you could do anything in.

We had Star Wars, D-20 Modern, Starship troopers, CoC, and all kinds of cool supplements.

I think he's pointing out the weird spelling. Most people write it as d20, not D-20

Because I roll one dice for 90% of what happens, everyone knows the system, I grew up on it, the system is simple enough to modify, pointbuy is lit, and so on.

Most other systems are so complicated, players can't learn them easily and I can't add stuff or take stuff away as needed.

The same thing that draws people into all 3.pf ogl systems. Easy to explain d20 vs dc conflict resolution and 17 textbooks worth of "optional" physics simulation rules to use. Followed closely by the 3.pf's dedication to having players scale wildly out of control into crazy numbers races, something that many players seek in their rpgs.

D20 modern's problems that cause it to be so decisive is that it isn't a d20 modern system at all in the way that spycraft is, its just regular dnd with different classes and weapons. D20 modern is built to simulate a monster hunting murder hobo campaign in a modern setting, not to simulate modern tactics

Solutions are there.

Are there the easiest ones I know.

>1. Cap HP
>2. Use NIJ armor system, but dumbed down
>3. Have your players marry all available cover
>4. Use only cash or barter
>5. Put it in 3rd World
>6. Add damage modifiers and recoil
>7. Make your own classes, super simple if needed.

Done

>"D-20"
lol wut

are u some kind of autist

Too late now.

>17 textbooks worth of "optional" physics simulation rules to use
I know this is hyperbole but it's still retarded. Nothing in d20 is a physics simulation. It's just overcomplicated rules.

Having people do a Will Save when they find ten cut up bodies, isn't overcomplicated.

>Combat Fatigue
>Gritty
A firefight may only last a minute, usually less, but when it’s over, soldiers are as tired as if they had been marching all day. Anytime a character is involved in combat, the character must make a Will Save (DC 15) or be Mentally Fatigued (see New Conditions below) for
one hour. If a character engages in combat again in this time, the character must make another Will save (DC 15) or become Mentally Exhausted (see new Conditions
below).

>Mental Fatigue
The character suffers a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity as normal for Fatigue. What makes this condition different is that it is caused by stress, rather than physical exertion.

One hour of rest, free from stress or combat, will “heal” mental fatigue. If a character suffering from mental fatigue performs another
activity that causes mental fatigue, the character may suffer mental exhaustion (see that condition for more information). An Order (see the Intimidate skill for more information) may remove this condition.

OP same, I did all the "heavy" pistol cartridges as 2d6+1, and 7.62x39 to 2d8+1. Had -1 for .380 and 9x18 Mak but I dunno if the latter deserves a -1 penalty. It's the same as in my Savage Worlds game.

d20 is literally D&D in modern form, if you play it as anything else it will suck. I'm running a campaign for my dad right now, it's building up to be a falling-skies-type campaign, if you've seen that TV show. basically resistance against aliens that took over the earth.

What are you trying to prove with this post?

No, it's not. But the game really needs streamlining, the wealth system is kinda gay, and the hp bloat is barely alleviated by the massive damage threshold rules.

I told you in an earlier post how to fix that. The system is so easy to use or modify, it's like like Legos.

Where did you get the idea? Modern Path?

I know the show, it's really good. On Season 4.

This. It's basically 3.X without the branding of being D&D or PF. It's supposed to be a blank slate built around pretty much the same rules. I guess people like D&D/PF for the setting and brand more than they like it for the rules.

3.x and d20 Modern by extension tend to be somewhere on middle of the rules heavy/light spectrum. There are plenty of games way simpler that would be easier to work with.

>I guess people like D&D/PF for the setting and brand more than they like it for the rules.
That's what happens when the rules are dogshit.

>3.x
>middle of rules heavy/light
No user, get your head out of your ass, it's rules heavy.

So you want me to use a 1d4 system where the players are all storytellers......

What rules. Twilight 2000 is way more complicated, Rifts is way more complicated, Shadowrun is way more complicated, GURPS is way more complicated.

Just because there's still a few games more rules heavy doesn't magically make D&D any lighter, user.

>mfw I'd like to see a new d20 Modern released built around 5e's rules.
That would be based.

I just named every popular system that has guns in it, besides Fallout, which is more complicated than 3.0x

Just do the same thing as before, but make the class feats class abilities, hand out proficiencies, and kill off the feats.

>Where did you get the idea?
Falling skies. Family loved the show and my dad wanted to play d20 modern so i figured hey that might be an okay premise. Gonna make it very different but same basic concept.

I meant for the damage modifiers, I got the idea from Modern Path, only they fucked it up with 2d6+2 for 9mm and 2d6+1 for .45

That would be absolute trash. D&D is not made for running modern-day campaigns. 5e even less so. Have fun when someone who went to college in engineering only has "proficiency" in it and is only 10% better than your average fuck on the street. Call it trained only? Sure. Apply the same to writing, perform checks, anything else. Fuck, would you ban a non-proficient driving check?

d20 Modern is only fun for the abortion it is. Don't treat it as a positive step and apply it to 5e which is even worse.

Oh, I stole those from Savage Worlds and tweaked them a bit.
>2d6+2 for 9mm
>2d6+1 for .45
LOL
Only way I could see that if it they were giving 9mm way better armor piercing or something. Dunno if that's a mechanic

Just make attempts without training, at a disadvantage and let the guy put his skill points in what he did in college.

>skill points
>5e

Here's my PDF of funs. A lot of russian stuff cause I was doing another post-apocalyptic game in it. Also I like slavshit.

>I just named every popular system that has guns in it, besides Fallout, which is more complicated than 3.0x
Savage Worlds? Basic Roleplaying? (And stuff like World of Darkness, Call of Cthulhu, or some vigilante games that might be too thematic.) I'm sure there's other stuff I'm not thinking of.

What do they do for .30 carbine or 5.7, those rounds trip me up.

Yeah, some classes get four boxes checked and some get two.

CoC is a system where most of the monsters can't be killed with firearms or can't be killed at all.

Savage Worlds is uhhh... A system I've heard of.

d20 Modern isn't supposed to be a simulation of real life. It's the same heroic fantasy that is D&D. The difference is the d20 Modern is a blank canvas as far as the setting goes.

Seriously, I feel like people would like d20 Modern more if was renamed "D&D: No Setting Edition". For some odd reason people see the word "Modern" and expect realism.

This is actually pretty good, it's just stuck using the *Puts finger in throat to simulate gagging* awful range numbers of D20 where all combat happens right in front of your face.

If you tweak it, you can ODL and homebrew it into GURPS but much simpler.

>besides Fallout
Which one? There's like 3 and they're all such a mess I had to make my own system to run fallout games.

I know, I've read a lot of these systems.

Have you taken a look at Ops and Tactics?

Remind me what exactly you are talking about.

What really killed me was the complete mess the weapon balance was. Just looking at the armory there was
>the powerfist...
and
>the MEGA power fist
Which did close to twice the damage, but costed only a quarter more of the normal's cost.

Also exactly none of them were mechanically similar in feel to the original games.

What first got me, was that the weapons used neither the stats of 1&2 or Tactics.

Oh and the powerful weapons were weak, weak weapons powerful.

>Savage Worlds is uhhh... A system I've heard of.
Savage Worlds is big, at least by the standards of non-D&D. Fantasy Grounds has it as the 4th most-played game (and the biggest non-D&D game), while Roll20 has it as the 12th most-played game (and the 6th or 7th most-played non-D&D game). In terms of overall popularity, I'm guessing it lies somewhere between the two.

As far as Basic Roleplaying goes, it's the percentile skill system that originated in RuneQuest. BRP is sort of the generic version of it. Call of Cthulhu is in the same family, as is Stormbringer.

>Detailed lecture on the difference between an AK47 and an AKM
>Weird obsession with white ethnic groups
>Germans struggle against the degenerate scum
This paints a painfully vivid picture of the guy who wrote it

Copying the rules of FO2 would be a really bad idea given that the balance in that game was a complete fucking disaster. You start off doing around 8 damage, and can end the game doing 1200 dmg eye shots. Or sledges knocking enemies back, making it impossible to bash an enemy numerous times.

What I tried to do with mine was get somewhere close to the feel of the OG games, but still have it be balanced and playable.

Jesus, why are so many people playing 5.0 D&D?

It's the damn kids.... I swear to God, one of them applies to each game I have, without reading the listing.

Then they get mad when I asked if they read the damn listing.

I feel like adapting SWN more often now, that system being free is just so good.

And how is Savage Worlds simpler and better?

Was hoping someone was gonna mention ultra modern 5e, been looking it over but I'd like hearing other people's experiente before giving it a shot

What system to run a swashbuckling adventure setting with both guns and magic like Indiana Jones or The Mummy in?

I laughed at this.

But seriously, most third world nations have lots of ethnic fighting and the Russian part of the lore wasn't my idea, nor was the German part.

When it was handed to me, it was just "Mind-Valker", a nation of arms dealers and drug traffickers.

I decided to just throw Syria and Afganistan into the setting, and boom, this is what I got now.

Talking about the weapons, how many rounds they hold, what they fire, basic damage.

Are you a different guy or the 1d10 5.7 guy?

D20 Past? Maybe?

What is that?

It's a 5e third-party rulebook for sci-fi and modern settings, its available in the 5eg Trove and from my skim reading, it looked interesting, but havent actually tried it yet, só far all reviews I found seem good, but no Bad reviews always makes me feel something's fishy, hence looking for Veeky Forums based opinions

>And how is Savage Worlds simpler and better?
I was really just naming other popular games with guns. I can't give you a detailed comparison since I've never played d20 Modern and it's been a while since I looked it over (though I remember hating what I saw, and thinking that classes, AC, and above all, leveling were terrible fits for a modern day game). But Savage Worlds is a generic game, like GURPS. But where GURPS is focused on simulationism and "getting it right", Savage Worlds doesn't care as much about that and is more focused on pulp action and making things fun. (I'll leave it to others to decide how successful each game is in its goals.) I'd say that Savage Worlds is rules-medium to d20's rules-heavy. Attached is the "test drive" for Savage Worlds, so you can skim it and see if it looks interesting to you (it has about a dozen pages of rules and can be played on its own). Check out the "deluxe" or "deluxe explorers" rules (same basic rules, different formats) if you're interested in the core game. Savage Worlds also has shit-ton of setting books.

I just realized know what this is, I've read the book and it was pretty good, but I felt compelled to heavily modify it.

No wait, I am thinking of something else that was good and 5.0, but in the future.

Oh, and I should mention that the weapons in Savage Worlds aren't particularly balanced. I don't think they're supposed to be. If you want a more balanced list, or just a toolkit to build and balance your own weapons, grab the Savage Armoury, here. It's a fan-made product, but it's widely used, and everybody seems to love it.

>rules-medium to d20s rules-heavy

"Each trait is rated from a d4 to a d12, with d6 being average and d12 being world-class"

>Keeps reading
>Page 3
>Already more confused than when reading Rifts.
>The bow and Uzi do the same damage
>These two weapons have the same range as the shotgun

>fawhty-five stoppan powah
fudds on suicide watch.

Not him, but it's a pretty simple game. It's mostly just confusing because it's completely outside of a D20 frame of reference. Rifts on the otherhand is AD&D with the serial numbers filed off.

An arrow shouldn't be especially less deadly than a 9mm bullet, both will kill you just fine. The Uzi has the edge by being an automatic weapon. That said, there are dumb things in the weapon stats (switch everything except ammo capacity in the G3 and AK statlines for instance).

Shotguns are actually a bit overpowered in the system.

The

This is actually a lot better, if only for ideas on how to make more weapons.

Woops, I meant to say

"Colt Python
.357 Revolver 2d6+1"

"Beretta 92F
9mm Autoloader 2d6+2"

Fudds still upset though.

SWM is 1.0 I think with the serial numbers filed off.

However, I think I liked Marvel Heroes, if only for the chart on the back and the FASERIP system.

>Are you a different guy or the 1d10 5.7 guy?
5.7 guy? I posted my game WIP on here a few months back, so probably not.

This is the 1d10 5.7 guy, because the 5.7 is 1d10

>Savage Worlds is uhhh...

Well then that explains everything

Give it a look over. Quick rules, ALL sorts o
f splat-books for every game/period you can think of. is especially useful from a generic standpoint

You're going at it from the wrong prior viewpoint if it seems weird. The simple rundown is this.

For each "obstacle" in game, the players roll the appropriate skill/attribute die as well as their "wild die" (generally a d6), and the higher of the two dice is taken. The default target is '4', and situational modifiers to their roll are applied, such as dark for sneaking being +1 or dark for shooting being -1. Theres very little in the way of stacking skill modifiers and lots and lots of plusses and minuses to keep track of. (r.e. "I would have hit if I had a better head for numbers).

Also I really like the initiative system. Each round a enemy/group of enemies is dealt a card, Actions are resolved in order from K->2, with Aces being able to interrupt at any point they want (as well as having a +2 bonus to every action they do). Keeps things hectic and helps to limit the static nature of D&D initiative. Sure you can re-roll it every round, but doing that and adding modifiers are way more complicated than a circle of cards on the table face-up.

Its easily my favorite system for non-traditional 3.x fantasy stuff.

Ive run games from Mad Max knockoffs, to Indiana Jones, to Payday-style heist crew shenanigans. Super versatile, super simple. I was even able to get a group of career "3.pf ONLY" people to have it up and running like a well oiled machine in the span of 2 sessions.

Id give 5.7 the same damage as .45 acp, and .30 carbine the same damage as 7.62x39. It's quick and dirty but it works for d20.

Savage Worlds is crap. Shotgun is basically an autohits weapon (+2 to hit which I like a +8 in d20), three round burst is the same deal, two gun memes that at objectively better than everything else. American soldier with m16 had a 1 in 8 chance of MISSING a target in the open thanks to three round burst faggotry. The scope rules are autistic, the G3 and garand damage are LITERALLY incorrect (the garand fires a MORE powerful round than the ak47 yet deals LESS damage). Oh and savage worlds cucks will defend it in their threads saying garand is "balanced for ww2 setting" then get pissed when it gets used alongside AK in a post apoc campaign and btfo their entire "argument".

It's an alright system but the gun rules are fuckin abominable.

Just do what the developers did. Run it in GURPS when you have the idea but then make your own system so you don't have to pay licensing fees.

Every time you use a term, it physically sounds completely wrong.

The rolling of dice sounds batshit crazy and overly complicated.

I have learned a lot of really complicated systems, and reading how this one works makes me instantly want to hurt people.

It's almost as bad as Twilight 2013.

The setup of weapons is physical cringe.

No it doesn't. .30 Carbine is a barely hot pistol around, it's not going to punch holes in people and kill them like 7.62x39.

The gun rules are terrible, they sound worse than even D20 Modern

Or run it on 3.0 or 5.0

>The gun rules are terrible, they sound worse than even D20 Modern
It's an equipment list. It's piss easy to make a new one each campaign. The shotgun thing is an easy fix too, you just take away the +2 to hit thing

How the fuck is Yogsquest even a game on there? Wasn't that some abortion of GURPS and DnD rules mixed up into some weird ultra rules life RPG that they never even publically released.

>No it doesn't. .30 Carbine is a barely hot pistol around, it's not going to punch holes in people and kill them like 7.62x39.

.30 Carbine has about the same terminal ballistics as a .357 magnum out of similarly sized barrels.

Noone ever takes a look at Ops and Tactics.

Homebrew game made by some nerd. It's one of those "love it or hate it systems." Really gun heavy, really gun focused.

So let me think this over.

Should I do the system requires modification but less, or the one that requires more.

I knowwwwwww

.357 is 2d6+2, no sane person would make it 2d8+1.

Sounds like something I should crack open sometime.

>No it doesn't. .30 Carbine is a barely hot pistol around, it's not going to punch holes in people and kill them like 7.62x39.

Are you actually retarded? .30 carbine has the same velocity and force as a .357 magnum out of an 18" barrel. I have personally fired a soft-point round through a fucking deer from 35 yards away. In Korea, the FMJ rounds they used would penetrate heavy winter coats that where frozen, an entire chinese man, and then another layer of heavy winter coat without batting an eye. It may become a limp dick at 200+ yards, but it's more than a 'barely hot pistol round'.

>Or run it on 3.0 or 5.0

Okay, nevermind. You are actually retarded.

110 gr (7 g) FMJ 606.5 m/s (1,990 ft/s) 1,311 J (967 ft·lbf)

8.0 g (123 gr) FMJ 738.0 m/s (2,421 ft/s) 2,179 J (1,607 ft·lbf)

7.62x39mm has 50% more energy than it

3.56 g (55 gr) XM193 FMJBT 993 m/s (3,260 ft/s) 1,758 J (1,297 ft·lbf)

This is the old Vietnam shit 5.56 we had, and it craps on .30 carbine.

Why in God's name are you hunting with a .30 Carbine. I've seen so many of those fired and they seem to do it every magazine or two.

GURPS is overly complicated, one of your attributes is from using math on another one of your attributes.

>The rolling of dice sounds batshit crazy and overly complicated.

Tell your current handler that I am sorry for having caused a mentally disabled person distress. If rolling two dice and picking the highest is above your group's skillset then by all means stick to chutes and ladders or whatever. I didnt mean to intrude

Lots of states have hunting rules that say anything under .30 cal is "insufficient" to kill durrs. Blame them for not letting us use modern technology.

By all means, I do 5.0 and know what advantages are.

Your system is still overly complicated, it's still buzzwords, and you came into a d20 thread to sell us a system with shit guns in it.

gtfo

Then use a Garbage rod or SKS like a normal person.

M1 Carbines cost almost as much as AKMs.

No one is actually talking about d20 Modern, so why not talk about a system that does pretty much everything it was supposed to but better?

Plenty of people were, till you started advertising your system in this thread.

I'm not arguing that the .30 carbine is somehow better than 7.62x39 or 5.56. Those rounds are great. 30 carbine hits the dirt at a little under 300 yards, and I mean that literally. It's not even remotely related to what I said at all though. You said that .30 carbine was 'barely a hot pistol round', it's not. It's a pretty efficient round good for it's purpose of killing things at ranges below a hundred yards.

>I've seen so many of those fired and they seem to do it every magazine or two.
What does this even mean? What is 'it'?

>one of your attributes is from using math on another one of your attributes.
What? This is not only not true, but it's confusing.

I live in eastern NC, it's an exceptionally light gun, and you don't make many shots farther than 50 yards in my part of the state. It's exceedingly effective at that range, and our deer aren't that big. It also makes a fun pop sound.

Nothing to do with regulations, and I own other guns.

>one of your attributes is from using math on another one of your attributes

Okay, I got what you meant now. You're talking about basic speed and movement. I got ya. It's literally only (Health + Dex)/ 4, but it is still math.

Don't expect realism from D20 Modern or any other similar system. Damage is already an abstract idea, fiddling with +1 and -1 unless the weapon is exceptionally made or really rickety is pointless.

I see gun autism and 3.PF bashing. I don't see much d20 modern after the first handful of posts. And I wasn't the one who brought it up

>Id give 5.7 the same damage as .45 acp, and .30 carbine the same damage as 7.62x39.

This is the context of my comment.

I get it, I get it. .30 Carbine is around .357 magnum and it's 2d6+2

Can we get back on top?

>What does this even mean? What is 'it'?

Jam. I've seen people shoot them competitively and they just jam so much. Reproductions, old GIs, good condition, bad condition, modifed or not.

>What? This is not only not true, but it's confusing.

Correction, four attributes are just doing math to the other four attributes.
"Hit Points (HP): how much damage and injury can be sustained, based on ST in 4e. In previous editions it was based on HT.
Will (Will): mental focus and strength, withstanding stress, based on IQ.
Perception (Per): general sensory alertness, based on IQ.
Fatigue Points (FP): a measure of exertion, tiredness, and hunger, based on HT in 4e. In previous editions, it was based on ST."

D20Modern's wealth system is pretty great imo. It doesn't devolve to counting every last dollar which is already silly with golden coins in fantasy settings, especially if you consider their weight and overall usefulness in every day life, and it lets you approximate costs of objects in a more reasonable way than the arbitrary costs D&D lists for various items.

The fact that any decent gunshot or melee attack from a dedicated melee user can take someone down to 0 with a Fort save makes the stakes higher and lowers the slog of making boring attacks round after round. You could be a badass super-spy, you still might get knocked unconscious and bleeding out with a good pistol shot or a hit from surprisingly effective henchman with nun-chucks.

The skill system kind of blows because it's still 3.0 and base classes are badly balanced (Fast Hero is almost always the superior option no matter what you do, unless there's no combat whatsoever), but the system is playable.

Dude, Savage Worlds is pulp. It isn't going for high-accuracy simulationism. It's over-the-top pulp action, like Indiana Jones, Flash Gordon, Doc Savage or some shit. If you want autistic attention to detail, play something like GURPS. Or build the weapons yourself using the Savage Armoury. The number of players who both know and care about the proper balance between a G3 and an AK-47 has to be relatively limited, and just because a game has guns in it doesn't mean it has to be gun porn. There are tons of fantasy games and almost none of them realistically portray pre-modern hand-to-hand weapons, but that doesn't make them worthless or uninteresting to play. If you want to say "don't play Savage Worlds if an accurate portrayal of firearms is important to you", that's all well and good, but I think you'll find that it isn't the sticking point for you that it is for most people.

>Make 10mm and 9mm do the same damage, despite the first costing way more, taking way more space, and being much rarer.

But anom, then everyone would just have high cap weapons that fire tiny ass rounds

>Exactly, I hate stopping power.

Then go fuck yourself twice and tell your buddies to stop invading my safe space.

A lot of RPG systems are set after the world ends, or as the world is falling apart or rebuilding.

Rifts, SWN, Fallout, Twilight 2000 Traveller, and so on.

This gives a lot of freedom to run around in a sandbox.

I am curious as to what a game in a crowded first world nation would be like, if I could get non-shit players and a workable setting.

You want to see my custom classes that are likely unbalanced but possibly interesting?

>The rolling of dice sounds batshit crazy and overly complicated.
Okay, so d20 has attributes with numbers that get bigger. These numbers then give you modifiers which you add to d20 rolls and compare to a target number.

Savage worlds has attributes represented by dice that get bigger. You roll these dice directly against a target number.

I'm not seeing how Savage Worlds is batshit crazy or overcomplicated.

>This is the context of my comment.
I'm glad you mentioned that, because I'm not the guy. My first comment was the GURPS one about Fallout (in reference to what black isle actually did) , and the one calling you an idiot for calling .30 carbine "barely a pistol round'. I don't care about your system at all or it's stats.

As for jamming, new model magazines cause failure to feed problems. You have to toy with them to get them to work, but it's a fix that takes five minutes a mag. GI magazines don't have this issue. Also I'm not mag dumping a deer, I'm just shooting it once.

>Correction, four attributes are just doing math to the other four attributes.
Okay. You may actually be retarded. HP is 1:1 with strength, same with Will being 1:1 with IQ. Perception being 1:1 with IQ, and FP being 1:1 with HT. The Math for all of those things you just listed, is to take one value, and copy it directly with no modification. You don't know shit.

The only math to get an attribute is Basic Speed, which has the formula of "(Health + Dex)/4." For my current character, it's (10+12)/4 for a value of 5.5. In a system where your DM can end up actually doing math if you use certain rules, you complain that copying a value directly is too complicated. Which means you never looked at the system.

The whole point of D20Modern is having generic classes imo. Strong guy, Fast Guy, Tough guy, Smart guy, and so on. They could certainly use better or new talent chains in some cases but making them too specific kind of defeats the purpose. I kind of like that aspect of the game, it's almost like a class-less class system where only prestige classes are specific.

D20Modern is pretty pulpy, so you're not going to have a "realistic" game in a first world nation no matter what you do. You can be a superspy. You can be surviving a zombie apocalypse. You can be a noir investigator of some sort.

Just stick to the genre tropes and avoid having too much realism, otherwise any first world campaign ends in jail.

I've played Jurassic Park rip-off with Modern D20 where the players were essentially a covert military operation trying to investigate a superscientist of some sort. Yeah there were lots of dinosaurs and we were stranded on an island, it was a fun couple of sessions.

>but I think you'll find that it isn't the sticking point for you that it is for most people.
Or rather, "it isn't the sticking point for most people that it is for you." Technically, I guess both ways could be correct, as we could be contrasting major and minor/minimal sticking points, but the emphasis is all wrong the way I originally wrote it.

One of your friends or you picked on D20 for being too unrealistic, and now you are praising your system for being pulp.

If the weapons aren't balanced, the weapons are shit and the story is shit too.

When you are struggling to stay alive, your gun is a person and you want to get to know that person, that person needs a fucking personality.

Every single shooting video game is gun porn, every single magic game is magic porn, why in God's name would a shooting RPG not be gun porn?

>

Every other system that doesn't suck, doesn't have the dice change unless it's damage or a few exceptions.

This is why people played all of those other systems for so long.

Your system is just the same base the other systems have, only the guns suck, the dice change around, and buzzwords are used.

You can use it pretty much as-is for Savage Worlds, just change all 2d10 damages to 2d8+1, then all 2d12 damages to 2d10.

>Every other system that doesn't suck, doesn't have the dice change unless it's damage or a few exceptions.
I don't understand why it's okay to use variable dice for damage but not for attacks. And you still haven't explained what's wrong with using variable dice or why it's batshit crazy and overcomplicated. Rather than having a 6 for an attribute, it's d6. Rather than having an 8, it's a d8. How is this confusing?

>One of your friends or you picked on D20 for being too unrealistic
I think it's more like it's a bad fit. And one side we have an argument about which gun should do 2d8 and which should do 2d8+1 damage, which is a relatively minor detail and one that can be easily changed (just switch the stats!) without significantly affecting the system. On the other side, we have ballooning hit points, where a 10th level guy has 10 times as many hit points as a 1st level guy (and how that affects vulnerability to firearms). I really think that the 1 point difference in weapon damage pales in comparison to that.

Someone was trying to sell me the system on how simple it is compared to d20.

It's changing how RPGs work to change how RPGs work.

Cap HP, done.

Can the rest of you just fuck off and let this thread die?

I asked if people still played, and it turns out it's a handful of people and our recruited players, which in my case learn what I run pretty quickly.