Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

IG are the new Tau edition
Astra Militarum™ are the new T'au Empire™ sub-edition™
Wholesome OP post sub-sub-edition

Previous >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/25/regimental-focus-catachan-sep25gw-homepage-post-2/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/28mm-wargame-and-collectible-miniature-Chapter-Master-by-W-Artel-/192264934386?hash=item2cc3e213f2:g:VwMAAOSwXXxZQLaN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thread claimed for xenos

I want to get this thing that conscripts are OP out of the way. They are the IG's TEQ!!!

First for poorfag tears

Almost quads. A shame.

Not so fast, xenos scum

Can't wait to FUCK some Xenos

If conscripts can't benefit from orders, then similarly tau drones shouldn't be able to benefit from any friendly buffs (apart from the drone controller, obviously).

MRW unpainted models

>Lord of Skulls crashes into conscript blob
>spends 5 turns chewing through 50pts worth of dudes
>best 800pts ever

I agree. Gun Drones with a Fireblade are fucking stupid.

Orders aren't the sole problem. Immunity to moral is.

only if they're being used

>2014: put marines on 32mm bases so their feet stop hanging off the side
>2017: make marines bigger

That's what happened.
All the tanks just killed him too.

Remember when those dumb newfag IGshits kept spouting how IGs always had painted armies on Veeky Forums because they were so proud of their shitty batrep spam that nobody liked?

4u

Anyone here ever used miranda irene? How do I pay with my paypal?

>May 2017: make marines bigger to fix being dwarfed by IG models
>September 2017: IG players start demanding larger, better scaled models to go with their new codex

Welp I already spent 500 europoors on minis, paints, tools etc. Haven't even finished a single part of my army yet.

Do you glue or magnetize your sponsons? I tried putting a magnet on my Lemans and they felt too unstable but maybe I just need better magnets.

DELET THIS

Yes. I actually like MI. Just shoot them an email with your order number asking for PayPal.

I glued them, Don't do it though.
Magnets are much better. Just mag the sponson bit into the holder.

"Buy" something but don't pay for it. It'll give you an email. Reply to that and ask to use paypal.

>>September 2017: IG players start demanding larger, better scaled models to go with their new codex
Better scaled yes, larger no.

Most IG players ask for plastic guardsmen proportioned like the Krieg models, which are smaller than the current Cadians.

>We made space marines space marine-ier and we also gave them OP as fuck stats because we need to boost our sales .

>no top squigs
>no updated announcement links
>standard boring op image
Well this threads already dead

So that easy?

More or less, yea

>Primaris
>OP

Did you mistake Primaris for Primarchs?

>le top 5 squigs meme
Shit taste and needless clutter
>Announcements
This one is legit
>Standardized OP image
Faggots used to complain when we DIDN'T use that image

All of this.

Just realized that my paypal is on a different email than the email I use for my normal banking, do I mail her the other address or place a new order?

>primaris
>OP
kek, way to show you don't play the game. Next are you going to say that Guard aren't broken and that removing access to orders and commissar executions on conscripts would make them unplayable?

>December 2017: Ork players demand better proportioned models

Dead thread.

Not even worth SoBposting or tauposting

>OP

No P

Idk. Just send her the PayPal you want to use

Planning on buying this guy and changing his head for a normal termie one. How would removing the Blood Angels logo on his right shoulder work? Will a sharp blade enough to erase it? But what can I do afterwards?
Maybe a Imperial Knight Pauldron?

>mfw newfags insist on general threads that stifle multiple discussions and in length discussions
>at least they're easily findable just via the OP image without any ctrl F or filter bullshit since they always fuck up the 40,000 40k 40kg 4OK
>mfw the newbabyfetusfagmillennialslit2017 newfags now insist on random hard to spot thumbnails for their OP images

That isn't a sign of not playing, that's a sign of being a Guardfag.

Please delete this

Shall we b8 it into oblivion or post some content to try and give it a second life?

forgot link ebay.com/itm/28mm-wargame-and-collectible-miniature-Chapter-Master-by-W-Artel-/192264934386?hash=item2cc3e213f2:g:VwMAAOSwXXxZQLaN

>removing access to orders and commissar executions on conscripts would make them unplayable
That would put them significantly below good, yes. In fact, that would put them below the 5th edition conscripts, who were decidedly in the "why the fuck would I ever use that?" tier.

MUH GORILLA BUTTS

Oh god why do people buy this hideous low quality chunky 3rd party shit?

>too much of a pussy to even (you) who they're talking about
Go back to lurking and let the adults talk

People already take everything they don’t like as bait, I don’t think they’d recognise the real thing.

Someone is using my OP paste and picture I used in thread some days ago.
Feels good man.

Anyone got any links to the Fabius Bile Primogenitor or Carrion Throne audio books on download or torrent?

>waaah, but drones
fuck off conscript shitter

Actually I've had that image saved since it was made. I was retarded and didn't save the template it used though.

Alright boyz
>gork?
Or
>mork?

Not him but both need to be nerfed.

Conscripts first, then GW is coming for the Taufags in Chapter Approved.

RIP Commander/Drone builds, coming to a store near you this Christmas.

>want to play Sharks
>have wanted to play sharks for a while
>want to use MKV but have none
>only MkIII and MKIV
>not even sure if I'm going to be using PA dudes
>have 10 LC tartaros but will probably only use 5
>have a contemptor I can use
>have a few drop pods
>like the idea of shotgun scouts

Where the fuck do I even begin with space Marines? Should I go with MkIII or MKIV? Should I get some MKV? How many PA dudes will I even end up using?

Real talk: why is it that many gaurdfags insist that their army isn't broken?
In the almost dead Gaurd thread, people are defending conscripts, and in general their behavior seems to have become quite similar to 7th edition tau. Is it just WAACfags who don't want to have to start another new army? vets who are happy to be back on top since the death of the leafblower gaurd? I'd say that people just don't want to give up good rules when the get them, yet that doesn't seem to be the case universally, sincefor the most [part everyone would admit stuff like grav&gladius, eldar or tzeentch summon spam, even the players of those armies, was OP in 7th.

I'm a Mork lad, but I think Gork has the better name.

A list of all the shit I have is surprisingly an army on its own, its 1661pts so I guess I can remove the Artillery and add a Knight or a small Space Marine detachment to take it to 2000pts, like terminators or crusader squads in rhinos/drop pods.

++ Outrider Detachment ++

+ HQ +

Tank Command Exterminator: 3x Heavy Bolters

+ Fast Attack +

Scout Sentinels
Scout Sentinel: Autocannon
Scout Sentinel: Autocannon

2x
Scout Sentinels
Scout Sentinel: Multi-laser
Scout Sentinel: Multi-laser

++ Spearhead Detachment ++

+ HQ +

Tank Command Punisher: 3xHeavy Bolters

+ Heavy Support +

Leman Russ Squad
Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter
Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Executioner: Lascannon, Plasma Cannons

Leman Russ Executioner: Lascannon, Plasma Cannons

Manticore

Wyvern

H8 or fell8?

>let us master-bait
>indeed

Carcharadons literally kitbash their gear, so just throw all the bits into a box and start putting Marines together like you did with lego bricks when you were 5.

This is Lumpy.

Say something nice about him.

Gork or possibly Mork

lumpy has a cool helmet

I'll give it a small effort because of your animu

See you on the battlefield

>s it just WAACfags who don't want to have to start another new army?
Yes.

Thing you have to realize is WAAC players don't have faction loyalty. The faggots complaining conscripts aren't broken right now, are the SAME EXACT FAGGOTS who said that about Riptides last edition. They jump ship to whatever the strongest army is, every time. And they're already butthurt they had to do so once and don't want to do so again - but jokes on them, GW has realized that constant balance updates will not only appease the general community who want WAAC shitters to go, but the WAAC shitters cannot resist rebuying a new army every time this happens, so they will continue to nerf whatever becomes the strongest thing, because it improves PR AND makes them money.

Currently, I only have leftover stuff from Calth and Prospero, though. Should I get more stuff for kit bashing?

>in the almost dead Gaurd thread, people are defending conscripts
If we're talking about the same thread, they aren't defending conscripts, they are just saying that removing everything that makes conscripts good would make them bad (shocking I know). And that maybe we can settle for "usable but not broken" for once.

When people are asking to increase the price AND remove their access to orders AND remove their access to summary execution, you kinda have to wonder if deleting the entry wouldn't be faster and easier.

Also, eldars don't whine because they've never been below top tier.

I bet he'd do a cute little dance while on fire.

Remove all the wannabe SM, and put heavy flamers on IG vehicles

change IG to catachan

Win even though your opponent got 500+ points than you

>That would put them significantly below good, yes.
nigger they're still cheap as fuck meat shields and objective grabbers, which is why you take them. Making them able to also be able to put out enough shots to become a decent threat by weight of fire alone and ignore the primary anti-horde mechanic in an edition in which such tools are severely lacking was fucking retarded and you know it.

We've run a few polls in /40kg/ before, the majority of posters here play Guard, followed by Marines and CSM. Nobody likes hearing their army is the new cancer.

t. Eldarfag

A large percentage of the people here played guard in 7th according to an old survey, so they are happy to have gotten better rules and units
Since this is Veeky Forums a lot of people are bitter and will bring up the worst aspects of guard and make strawmen to tear guard players down
Also fuck off people would defend broken armies last edition like they will forever

Its your dudes. Do what you like. That's the point.

>Also fuck off people would defend broken armies last edition like they will forever
I did say for the most part. You had people who would claim nothing was broken about grav or the like, but it's dishonest to claim they were the norm or to act as if they were nearly as prevalent as people who defended riptides or are defending guard are

>eldars don't whine because they've never been below top tier.
>what is 5th edition
>what is 8th edition

Still using nice general image instead of random one is good thing.

>When people are asking to increase the price AND remove their access to orders AND remove their access to summary execution
most people haven't been saying to do all that though, usually just one or two of those. It's different people advocating for different fixes, not the same people saying "we need to do all of this and then it will be fine"

From last night. My finished Swords of Hannibal color scheme.

What do you all think Veeky Forums?

>what is 5th edition
Holofalcon being merely awesome instead of autowin.
>what is 8th edition
Still an Ynnari party.

>they are just saying that removing everything that makes conscripts good would make them bad (shocking I know). And that maybe we can settle for "usable but not broken" for once.
Considering conscripts are bar none the best unit in the game right now I'm pretty sure they're not going to be unusable, user.

Ok, what about the actual army comp? I can't be fluffy with bolters and Chainswords.

REMOVE CARTHAGE

>When people are asking to increase the price AND remove their access to orders AND remove their access to summary execution
They don't need all 3 of these but they absolutely need 2 of them.

Removing summary execution AND a points increase is overkill, just one or the other, in addition to the removal of orders. That will make them fair.

Get mk v if you can but if not just mix 4 with plastic 6 and 7

3 is only useful for helms and shoulders try to avoid it except for heavy assault members or veterans

Who else has read Watcher's of the Throne: The Emperor's Legion?

I ship Aleya x Valerian.

Looks solid, I haven't used Sentinels much but taking a Knight with them sounds fun. If Lemans drop enough in price I'd fit Bolter sponsons and hull lascannons to everything except the Executioners that stay Las/Plas because you can't go wrong with more anti-tank weapons. Maybe you can go wrong, my group is full of xenos vehicle armies that contend with my IG tank army.

>he actually believes Eldar are top-tier in 8th
>has to resort to Ynnari, which nobody who isn't a WAACfag actually likes or plays
>even Ynnari aren't top-tier

The damage has been done user.

same

It's fucking retarded, sure. But conscripts can't function without some sort of morale mitigation, so summary execution can't be just removed. I mean, just look at necrons, they get fucked by morale test and they are Ld10 with less model per squad and a much better statline. Summary Execution need to be gutted though, like halving losses to morale instead of just taking one.

Conscripts can do without orders, but I'd rather nerf orders themselves. Seriously, everyone else has to pass a psychic test to get those effect; Just go back to needing a Ld test (and maybe remove the Ld bubble on non-lord commissars, to be sure).

This. Ynnari are good but not that good.

We'll see how things change after the Asuryani Codex and Chapter Approved. The real, long-term 8th edition meta won't even begin to take shape until the start of 2018.

The belt and exhausts may be tricky to paint but I like the scheme. Are you thinking white armor or light bone?

So are SOB Orders gonna get custom Acts of Faith or something?

>But conscripts can't function without some sort of morale mitigation, so summary execution can't be just removed.
I agree. The removal of SE would effectively double their points cost, which is too much.

Increasing their points to 4 and removing orders is a much better solution.