Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What techniques would your group prefer to use in order to petition an exotic princess?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KoEE1miqOx8
youtube.com/watch?v=DxmkAoLC6_4
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/radiant-charge
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Diplomacy and reason. What the fuck is an "exotic" princess?

Anything can be exotic if you believe hard enough.

So consensus last thread was that Derrin was a shit pick for Ensoulment. Who should have got her spot?

Uhm, are you aware how problematic that image is?

>Varesh Ossa
>'exotic princess'

I don't understand the question.

She's a strong in dependent black woman

Me. Hands down, my app was the best. The drooling masses of /pfg/ couldn't grasp the scope of my vision, so they resorted to spouting memes about the lesser choices, as usual.

Agreed.

My app was garbage tho

A kobold.

youtu.be/KoEE1miqOx8

Jericho

I despise kobolds and will actively pull my application from any campaign where one is in the running as a pick.

[laughs in kobold]

Why do we keep making new threads on page 4 now?

I know it was. I didn't write it.

Because OP is a faggot

sorry i couldn't live up to your standards daddy ;_;

To spite you, personally, user

We'll just have to do it over and over until you get it right, won't we?

the an-cap man

fuck off vult

Alexander.

Takashi.

fuck off broodie.

Alexander, Giancarlo or Ceraphina

Seraphina was Nodachis of the Righteous, not Ensoulment user.

Seraphina was a cute.

Not Broodie, just someone who thought the concept was funny. I didn't really care about Ensoulment one way or another, but sometimes an unabashedly silly character is a breath of fresh air.

I think he meant Ceraphine.

Anyone here on the Additional Resources team for Ultimate Wilderness? I can scrub those watermarks for you.

Will there be foxgirls?

We don't know yet. But foxes don't have claws. Apparently every animal the shifter gets access to "has claws".

there's going to be the Shifter class, which is a class distilled from druid solely around the concept of wildshaping.

Even if there's no inherent foxgirls, you can definitely get away with making yourself one.

>solely around the concept of wildshaping.
>a martial based around wildshaping
>from paizo

it's going to suck absolute dick, isn't it

Listen, dealing with "exotic" princesses is why we have a bard. So tomorrow he's the one who wakes up with an "exotic" STD.

Yes, probably. I'll probably use it anyways.

same desu

After the inclusion of an old lady, fat guy, transgender, lesbian and child, they decided "furry" was the one niche they haven't covered with their iconics.

I literally have a furry friend who won't shut up about how excited he is for the Shifter.

Yo, I wanna fuck that freaky furry.

I gotta say, that design manages to look both super cluttered yet depressingly dull at the same time. I'm impressed.

Yeah, I think it's the worst of the Iconics, and that's saying quite a bit.

Is she that one bird breed of skinwalker? Raptorborn, I think they called it?

>Full BAB
>Described as "Self-Buffing"
>Primarily natural weapon combatant. Nature of natural attack changes based on form.
>Utilizes wild shape, shape-shifting, and a dozen animalistic aspects. At first it just gets minor changes, but eventually shifts into animals, including creatures that mix aspects of multiple animals.
>Capstone ability lets you gain bonuses and abilities of all five of its animal aspects at the same time, inferring it'll get a new animal aspect every 4 levels.

We also know from boons at Gencon that Ultimate Wilderness will have more rules:

>Trophy Hunting. We know it involves craft checks. Probably expanded Monster Hunter's Handbook.

>Gathering herbs. Probably expanded from Heroes of the Wild. Can be crafted into stuff with craft (alchemy)

She is a Shifter (class). She is probably one of the core races. Probably human. Might be half-elf. But probably human.

I kind of like it. Reminds me of some aztec stuff we used to keep around the house when I was a kid.

I won't be happy with the trophy and herb rules unless we can go full MonHun

It's probably just going to be "monsters of this category have these kind of items which can be made to reduce magic item cost of these sort of slots". I haven't seen Paizo do anything to the extend MonHun fans would appreciate since the Alchemical Handbook and regants, which I'm sure fans would complain about unless every magic item ever published had recipes.

I really hope the herb rules just expand on the isntant alchemy/recipe rules in Alchemy Handbook, but I doubt it will.

>Trophy Hunting. We know it involves craft checks. Probably expanded Monster Hunter's Handbook.
>They're going to revisit the absolute nigh-unredeemable shitpile that was that handbook

Why

But will Trophy Hunting get me a Trophy Wife?

Guess you'll just have to be unhappy then. I can't imagine an attempt at that by Paizo being anything but an utter shit show.

>Open /pfg/ for the first time in months because there was a PDF I need to grab
Wasn't Ensoulment like, 4 months ago?

You know, I actually think it looks pretty decent. A little bit of an Aztec sort of look, with the particular brand of imagery and design choices. And unlike, say, Merisiel she doesn't look like a horrific troll-monster.

A little under 3

What race is that?

Damn. Take out the charm and that's basically describing me.

Lotta loyalty for a shitposter.

Why did you save this

I want to carry your children, DHB~

Or perhaps they're wondering why someone would shitpost about them, using saved images from the cabal

Why does wanting to play a druid make me feel like a huge asshole. I look at it and just feel like I'm already a minmaxer, but I haven't even picked any feats or nothin. I just want to know I don't be a useless dead weight only good for carrying wands the other casters are too lazy to buy. Again.

CoDzilla never dies friendo

Because back in 3.5 Druids were almost literally three different classes in one. There's a reason Cleric-or-Druid-zilla was a thing, and druids were arguably more of that than clerics were.

But very, very few of the particularly broken spells have been reprinted in any meaningful way, druids aren't three classes in one anymore, and the magic items that made it happen are no more. You can relax, spud.

They're just two classes in one

If anything at lower levels especially I'd personally call their spell list options rather sparse, a LOT of their available spells are very situational.

I just kinda look at it and feel like I'm immediately going to get called out for... Well, anything. Maybe I'm just paranoid and my group won't care, since it's not like I'm a martial trying to be good

Is Man an island, /pfg/?

That fucking bitch fucked like 3 countries over. But that's all small time to what Kormir did.

youtube.com/watch?v=DxmkAoLC6_4

Take a domain instead of the companion, maybe?

Go for Storm Druid and you can spontaneously cast your domain spells instead of garbage nature's ally spells.

There's the Isle of Man, yes.

Scarlet Throne or Cursed Razor for a Crimson Countess?

razor

What lvl would you consider that it is the top performance in real life?

Personally I estimate that by the standards of Pathfinder most real life people are going to be at most level 5, and moreso than that most people aren't going to have "optimal" stat spreads, instead having to work with what they've got, so with that in mind I'd say around a +15 at the absolute highest, but modifiers like that are going to be your Beatles, your Mozarts, or your Michael Jacksons, people whose performances make an overwhelming impact on the world around them.

I would disagree on the bonus. I agree about the level 5 bit but even an expert is gonna hit higher than +15.

5 (ranks) + 3 (class skill) + 4 (charisma) + 3 (skill focus) + 2 (prodigy) + 2 (MwK tools) + 2 (relevant race feature) = +21

That's what you're looking at for the best of the best.

To be fair my number was just a gut estimate, though I did forget about Skill Focus and... Prodigy, is that a trait?

Also a feat

Jesus, if you have both of those on the same skill and get 10 ranks in that skill you basically instantly get an extra +5 in that skill.

+10.

I'm not counting the +5 you get from taking the feats in the first place, but yes that would be the overall bonus.

Something made me wonder, is there actually like...a necromancer class that is obviously and clearly using necromancy magic like raising undead and all that stuff but the twist is that instead of desecrating the dead or binding souls to service, this class is instead calling or convincing the souls to volunteer to aid him/her?

I had to wonder since when it comes to "good necromancers" they tend to be healers and all that, but what about non evil necromancers who engages in all this stuff traditionally seen as evil? If not for a twist

Probably brutal politicking and negotiations. Probably questing too

It would still probably be classified as Evil, but what you're describing sounds like LE to me, Evil with the justification that it's being used to serve a greater purpose than just the selfish (N) or wayward (C) whims of the caster in question.

Keep in mind this is coming from a guy who has a character who is somewhat aligned with this mode of thought, though he's more NE since his thought process is basically "This makes me Evil? Oh well, let's see what we can use this for outside of what everyone assumes it can be used for."

Level 10. Real Life doesn't have magic items though. PF characters wtihout magic items, like ANY magic items are still pretty weakish.

Lawful Evil can be just as Selfish as Neutral Evil.

Soul Weaver from Spheres of Power. Other editions of D&D had Baelnorns.

True, but that particular flavor of Evil I would personally classify as one of the versions of Lawful.

Is there anything, offence-wise, I should be looking at on a level 3 paladin other than '2 handed weapon, power attack'?

I can't rely on Smite Evil against all foes, after all.

I mean nothing about that strikes me as Lawful or even Evil. I mean he basically described Marona from Phantom Brave.

Any feats I should look at for a Oathbound (against chaos) Paladin/5 Hellknight 10 with a focus on melee demon slaying? My buddy wants to do a high level game. A guy who I'm fluffing on a custom Knightly Order (called the Order of Iron) who are generally focused in slaying the horrors of the abyss pouring from the world wound, but have knights errant running about Avistan and Garund hunting cults of demons.

What's the alignment of an unabashed Gold Digger?

NE

Actually, I'm pretty sure Order of the Pike covers the whole "killing monsters that are a threat to people" thing already if you're doing this in golarion. Look them up, they're actually pretty cool.

Any nongood.

Not focused enough, its all about killing those fucking demons and the pricks who dare traffic with them. Sure they'll kill other beasts/barbarians and others as needed, but they see the denizens of the abyss itself as THE singular greatest threat to the Material Plane... and any other plane really. And do thier damnedest to cut the malformed spiked head from the demon wherever they find it popping up.
TL:DR Muderboner for Demons.

Basically, of the Hellknight Orders, Scourge, Torrent, and Pike are arguably the most chill......for a given definition of the word "Chill" in any case.

Radiant charge, although it leaves you without LoH
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/radiant-charge

They are cool, I did look up hellknight orders when wanting to build this dude, just none quite fit the niche I had in mind. The niche being 'Fuck you demons, fuck you forever'.

Jesus, I want this.