Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Basic close combat weapon edition

Previous >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/regiment-focus-mordian-sep26gw-homepage-post-2/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

No IGfags edition.

First for Deathwatch.

Too slow, Gue'la.

Repostan with sloppy WIP pic as I got no response last thread:

Hey fellas, new to playing - local store does 1000pts and I'm trying to make a list. Below is what I've got so far based on models I own.

What else do I need? I've also got 2x MKIV marine squads on the way, and also have a LR Crusader kicking around. Suggestions?

Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [44 PL, 771pts]

Blood Angels

HQ
Captain [5 PL, 94pts]
Combi-plasma, Power axe

Elites
Company Veterans [9 PL, 89pts]
Space Marine Veteran
Chainsword, Plasma gun
Space Marine Veteran
Chainsword, Plasma gun
Veteran Sergeant
Chainsword, Combi-plasma

Company Veterans [4 PL, 60pts]
Space Marine Veteran
Chainsword, Plasma gun
Veteran Sergeant
Chainsword, Combi-plasma

Terminator Squad [13 PL, 243pts]
Terminator
Assault cannon, Power fist
Terminator
Power fist, Storm bolter
Terminator
Power fist, Storm bolter
Terminator
Power fist, Storm bolter
Terminator Sergeant
Power sword, Storm bolter

Heavy Support
Baal Predator [8 PL, 170pts]
Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter, Twin assault cannon
Two heavy bolters
2x Heavy bolter

Dedicated Transport
Razorback [5 PL, 115pts]
Twin lascannon

Captain and vets in razorback, termies teleport in... that's all I got dudes

>can't even grab first post
L M A O

Best terminators? Shooting and melee.

No opinions wanted. Just facts.

Chaos. Csm. Stratagems. Chapters.

Loadouts

Your army is hideous, strip and try again.

Blightlords are bready good.

MORDIANS A SHIT

TH/SS Black Templar Termies in a Land Raider Crusader are fucking terrifying. Especially if Helbrecht and the Emperor's champion are hiding in there with them.

As I said, sloppy WIP my dude.

Listen to this man

As i said, you are better off stripping them and starting over.

Are librarians a certain color? Like chaplains have black armor, apothecaries wear white, is it heresy to paint my blood angels librarian red?

Shooting is either Cataphractii for basic weaponry and 4++ or whichever suit type has the special weapons you want. Melee is Tartaros if no SS, Indomitus otherwise obviously. Indomitus has clutch teleport jump for when the squad is almost dead so you can use the last member for objectives or something.

I wonder what Riptides are going to get changed to. They're on the buff list, and looks like rules will get changed in codices, not just points.
Model is too neat and fun to paint to deserve to be completely useless.

IA will probably have 2x the shot count or something

Librarians are blue.

Epistolaries (basic battlefield librarians) wear blue, but certain librarians like prognosticators and scribuses (I don't remember their actual names) wear chapter colors. Something something nikea

Why?

Lots of eggs. only 1 basket.

Your army looks fine to me. Bases might be a bit too dark green though.

GK Paladins are durable as fuck and choppy as hell in CC, even without the use of an Ancient

Can units move after disembarking from an assault pod that set up with drop pod assault or something like?

We still doing these?

Alright /40kg/ just got a fairly large check. Help me decided what army I fucking waste it on. First post that ends in 0 decides!

Yeah they can summon daemons too.

Did we ever stop?

Warlord Titan

You should add to your existing army.

Sororitas repentia and penitent engines

>memearmy meme

Stay mad, bitch.

This one's actually good, unlike the other ones.

Yes, all of them. The chariots, the conscript one, the flamer one, all shit and unfunny bitch tears.

Forgeworld only Krieg

It's funny. It's wrong though.

Well yeah, technically Helbrecht+EC+Crusader Squad in a storm raven is way better, but user asked for termies. If you're paying for terminators, you're already blowing at least a quarter of your list on them.

Winner winner chicken dinner

Wow, Forgeworld should pay me for my successes

Well he asked for it.

He said FW, not chinaman, Anonymous! You have to do it now!

So your LR is a different red than the rest of the units, its also VERY splotchie.

The primed termies on the left and the tank look to be primed too thick.

The painted unit on the bottom right are highlighted too broadly. The gold and the white are too thick.

I haven't seen the flamer and conscripts ones? Someone post please

No they're not done. In fact post more.

Yes, join the elite. Harvest poorfag tears

Ok I'm the noob from last thread

So far I have

HQ
Tigurius (Sevrin loth if people are good with it)
Gravis Capt

Troops
Intercessor squad
Intercessor squad
Tactical squad

DT
Repulsor
Razorback (or rhino primaris)

Elites
Agressor Squad
Primaris Apothecary
Primaris Ancient
Cataphractii Terminator squad

Heavy support
Hellblaster squad

Thoughts?

I could also try to get the chapter master in, he's in terminator armor but is expensive

Didnt someone else ask do this same shit last night and also got Krieg on a zero? What are the fucking odds.

Welp, that's good to know for the future at least. Could have saved a boatload of berzerkers if I moved them up first.

Can you summon after moving less than half speed with a basic close combat weapon?

Are those glued, painted and based? If not, begin with that.

Why is it always this one?

Just bought Space Hulk and DW Overkill. Anyone got a breakdown of the points values of the contents in 8th edition?

>shoot at jets with flamethrowert!!11
>shoot at gullbimon! i cant sarge dose conscript in front ob hiem!

There, you're caught up.

Because the emperor protects

I wanna play loyalists that are good in the assault. I wanna rip and tear for the emperor.

Who do I choose to do this?

All are assembled and primed

I made a custom librarian with an axe out of some bits, I don't want to pay FW prices.

I don't really know how to base, so until I do I just double sided tape them to the black stuff

Only if you disembarked from a Wutang clan transport vehicle.

Grey Knights or Black Templars

Blood Angels if u r a faget

so are these guys space Nazis?

space wolf dreadnoughts
:^)

Assault is shit in 8th. Wait for Catchatan.

space hitler did nothing wrong!

They're forgeworld so yes

Slaanesh terminators with combiweapons are the best terminator unit in the game. Why? Because they pack a punch without breaking the bank, which is more then what any other termie unit suggested can claim.

330 points for a guaranteed 40 combi-bolter shots, hitting on 3s. Then use the Slaanesh strategem that lets you fire twice for 80 shots.

Assault afterwards, and if you make it that's 80 str4 shots hitting 3s followed by 20 str5 ap-2 attacks hitting on 3s. No other unit can compete point for point.

GK are pretty choppy but have few tricks, Carcharodons lack support in the new codex but you can build for them for fluff but unfortunately their new fluff is Space Wolves tier, or you could do the same thing with BTs.

BA are stuck in index limbo and SW are the same but also completely faggoted. Don't pick them.

[LEMAN RUSSING INTENSIFIES]
I'm so pumped!

Grey Knights, Custards, Deathwing, Black Templars. Make your choice.

>Paladins charge unit
>Still stuck in combat after enemy turn
>Teleport out with gate of infinity, shoot and charge back in

Feels good to be the Emperor's best.

space marine purists who hate mutants and aliens more then other marines sound so damn cool

but space marines are all mutants

Fuck yes

Thanks for elaborating.Totally with you on the LR - bought this yesterday and it was way nastier than in the photos. I'm going to practice some weathering on it and strip it if it's still too out of place.

I don't think the termies are primed too thick, in fact there's a fair bit of grey visible from certain angles. I'll try a further distance with my next units and see if its any better. Highlights on the vets are nowhere near done, just a quick slop on. The white is just one thin layer over the primer so it might look a bit grainy, I'll give you the gold tho - finding it hard to get coverage with washed down metallics.

Using Gate of Infinity to just pop out of combat is hilarious. Especially if you accidentally got locked in combat with a unit that's better in CC than you and your opponent thinks he has you and suddenly you just disappear.

Right call. Look up some tutorial on basing, it's not hard, at least not for tabletop quality. You may need to buy some stuff though. You can also buy scenic bases, but that's paying to avoid all the fun if you ask me.

I'd suggest to keep painting your stuff before you buy more, otherwise you end up like me, with a thousand bucks worth of grey plastic sitting on a desk, waiting for the brush.

They are genetically engineered and not randomly mutated

They're called mutates

Budding sharkfag here. I got help with the models themselves, but I'm still totally lost beyond what they should be. The only thing I'm 100% sold on is at least 5 LC terminators and probably a librarian because it's fluffy, but I honestly have no clue where to go from here. Fluff is important. Pls send help

Are melee CSM terminators worth it this edition?

>following the codex
Laughing space wolves.jpg

Catachans also reroll the amount of shots they fire with Heavy dX weapon (d3, d6 etc). With these two that more than doubles the effectiveness of russes!.

All CSM are melee terminators

but no, take them for combi plasma spam.

remember they can also re roll into a lesser amount of shots. Since its not roll 2 die and take the highest.

STR4

Any model you paint should be whatever colors you want. They're your dudes.

take a fugload of Reivers, they seem like they'd be a pretty good fit for the way the Carcharodons fight

Nah it was dubs and the guy who responded rolled trips or quads

Did GW C&D 8th edition rules off of battlescribe?

Sure. But its still a pretty big boon.

That "rapid fire weapon can fire at characters"-stratagem is actually pretty damn good. Makes plasmaguns scary as fuck.

Is this implying that they have to fire at the Eversor because he's closer? Character rules specifically go by nearest -visible- target.

>Weak ELV3S face the strength of M4N

it's well past tabletop standard imo

If you're satisfied, go with it my dude. My army's hardly any better.

Yea, i think that might be pretty good. I'd definitely save a couple CP for cloud of flies in my DG army to counter it.

Yeah, but if you spend your time re-rolling 4's hoping for a 6 you should honestly just kill yourself. This is more so good for ensuring you always have a re-roll reasy for those double ones turns.

It's a Mordian-only order, not a stratagem.

incorrect.

...True. Oh well, reason to play Mordians too I guess. Mixed up with that "vehicles hit better on overwatch"-stratagem.

He's right. But if another unit is visible but otherwise untargetable (say, locked in combat), your guys still have to sit there with their dicks in their hands.

What do you expect Cloud of Flies to do exactly? It's not going to help anyone who would care about the order.
Cloud of Flies
>Until the start of your next Movement phase, enemy models can only shoot this unit if it is the closest visible target.
Form Firing Squad
>Until the end of the phase, the ordered unit can target Characters with their Rapid Fire weapons, even if they are not the closest enemy unit.

I want to read a novel of Primaris Marines vs Tau.
Which faction wank will out do the other? Tabletop wise they're basically the same anyway.

Are heavy flamers worth it on deep striking cataphractii?