Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Scoot scoot here come the Kroot edition

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/regiment-focus-mordian-sep26gw-homepage-post-2/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

coub.com/embed/d0rzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for FW btfo

First for not quite dead

First for Rough Riders.

When building my Deathshroud, I didn't even notice there was the option to include 2 flamers on him, now I've basecoated it and looked back at the book

I know I'm a retard, but will people have an issue with me spending those 8 extra points without modelling the extra tube?

Does anyone know when Tau are going to get proper melee units?

Imo they need Samurai-esque units armed with Katanas using the following profile and Special Rules
>S User, AP -5, D d6
>Special Rule 1: Models using this weapon always strike first, even if they didn't charge this turn or are affected by rules that would stop them from going first.
>Special Rule 2: Models with this weapon get a 4++ Invulnerable Save.

Should I run my secondary csm arny as World Eaters or Alpha Legion
I like both rules and I'm thinking world eaters because of their potential new releases

It was almost funny last thread. There was no need to post it again.

Yes they will. Too bad loser.

Those flames suck.

Why would you use 2?

Fuck off

I wouldn't personally, unless you're playing against WAAC-fags it should be fine.

I would suggest that if you haven't made the Champion too distinct then you model another shroud with 2 Plaguespurts and run him as the Champ.

What is it?

8 points fir a S3 flamer isn't worth it anyway.

Arbites

Lion's manthong

>WS5+

But I want some actual discussion, not trolling and Nippon-hate like the last thread.
Aw, is Gajin-baka jealous that his race isn't Nippon inspired like the T'au?

Bird

Looks Custodes to me.

It's Lion's Codpiece

(You)

Does anyone have the picture of the electro priests made out of the tzeench acolytes?

No, they're based on the Samurai so they should be WS 2+ and re-roll 1s.

In return they can have BS 6+, because Samurai didn't use ranged weapons, it was considered dishonorable.
Samurai don't suck, you're just jealous.

Oh god yes.

If World Eaters get a new release it'll be like the Death Guard and Thousand Sons ones in that it uses little to no pre existing CSM units. Unless you already have a bunch of plastic berserkers, rhinos and land raiders lying around you'd likely have to start a whole new army with a World Eaters release.

>If

>Samurai didn't use ranged weapons
Wat

Tau player here, how good of an idea is it to run mechanized Breachers? I was thinking about building up a few squads but my only experience with them was middling because they were up against horde daemons when I was expecting CSM.

They didn't, using weapons that weren't Katanas was considered dishonorable as it showed a lack of respect to the way of the sword and did not allow a proper duel with your opponent.
Don't use them, peasants shouldn't be allowed to fight up close, that's the Samurai's job.

If they get one soon is what I meant.
I believe Emperor's Children will be first just because Berserkers already have (shitty) plastics.

Come on user, you know better than to reply to obvious bait like that.

>implying Slaanesh won't be squatted like in AoS.

Wait for the Codex, I bet there'll be some nasty breacher synergy in it

I'd like Slaanesh to squat me if you know what I mean

>using weapons that weren't Katanas was considered dishonorable

Brah

Using a non-Katana disrespects the Way of the Sword

>Samurai didn't use ranged weapons, it was considered dishonorable.
It's a historical fact that a samurai would rather die than use a bow or gun.

Underrated post

chicken

It's probably a stormcast shoulder

Rules comics

>I believe Emperor's Children will be first
Studio Sculptor at NOVA confirmed Angron after Lion, and also the narrative is moving to Armageddon. It's WE before EC.

>circle enemy transport with fast moving tanks
>destroy transport
I should really try it.

Even better, do it to a Mastodon with 40 marines or 20 terminators in it.

Ah stale shitposting in a fresh thread while having my cuppa. Awesome day ahead I see

Need a third heavy support unit, I have bolter devcents, a hellblaster squad, and a ???

Gravcents? Hunter? LC devastators?

Las pred

LC Devastators, then you have a nice mix of Anti-Horde, Anti-Armour and Anti-Vehicle

>rapid fire punisher leman russes

Just stand where the vehicle was.

Illegal move, they have to be place BEFORE the vehicle is removed.

The Greater Good can't wait for the Mirrorcodex, user. Deploy those Breacherfish NOW!

This is why hormagaunts in 8e are awesome despite having trash stats for their points.

I want to get one of the Forgeworld Leman Russes as a centerpiece model, and make it a really fancy command tank.

What sort of vehicle accessories should I get for it? I'm thinking stowage for sure, but also possibly reliquaries, candles and scrolls.

Last thread some were posting youtube videos to give inspiration, May I present: The Ironfire. coub.com/embed/d0rzs

The shrine from the either the Darkshroud or the dark talon kit.

It's like saying Knights only used lances. If their horse died they had to run away and hide behind the peasants. I mean direct the peasants.

Glorious

I should have mentioned I am trying to stay infantry for apothecaries

I was thinking about that, but the heavy - to hit scares me

New player that started with nids here. What is good anti vehicle / armour?

>I was thinking about that, but the heavy - to hit scares me

Then don't move them around too much?

oops I miss quoted I meant

The Emperor miniature which will feature during the last FW HH book, the last BL HH novel and the Emperor reborn in 40k

I thought you where talking about the Actual Lemon for a bit there.

This is a really good impression of an obnoxious weaboo teenager. Well done.

I have to get them up the field though don't I?
If it isn't just kill each other, i need to get to objectives

>The warriors who historically used ranged weapons didn't use ranged weapons because it was considered dishonorable

I would burn my dark eldar

E-mailed FW about their Marine tactics. Looks like we're fucked for awhile.

>Hi There,

>Thanks for the email, Our studio will be working an a number of campaign books and Imperial Armour index books in the near future, we are aware that the chapter tactics will be fleshed out in one of these publications though we do not know when or how these will look.

>Keep an eye on the warhammer community forum for all of the latest news and updates and they will be announced first on there.

>Thanks again

That's what you have all of the other units in your army for. If you're trying to march devastators around to objectives your doing it wrong.

Any rumors on daemon codex release?

>Forge World
>Near future
Lol october of next year maybe

But for the Emperor to be reborn, his body has to die and for the body to die Abaddon must reach Terra to stab him with Drach'nyen. So no. It won't happen.

Well it's rather that I want to keep my heavy hitting ranged within aura range of my captain and lieuttenant.

How do you build a list around Mortarion?

Dont fucking remind me

Orks are getting worse and worse all the time

By the time we actually get to their codex, theyll be shitty enough compared to everyone else that we'll be set up for another 7th edition unwarrented nerf and subsequent several years of being the worst army again

>one year
Come on now. Be reasonable. It's at least two years

Ass-fucking-last because they have to release Lion, then Angron and the World Eaters update, then another loyalist Primarch, the Fulgrim and the Emperor's Children update, then Slaanesh Daemons in Age of Sigmar. THEN Daemons will get a Codex.

Then keep your captain and lieutenant back with them. They aren't going to ever buff all of your units all the time, especially if you're playing objectives. Something is going to have to give somewhere.

>World Eaters before Emperor's Children

Truly the worst timeline.

Christmas 2018 with a quad daemons big box set that is a discounted form of all 4 SC! Boxes including the new Slaanesh

As if he won't just pull a Kroak and will himself back to life. Best part of the hole ET debacle.

Cypher will kill the Emperor with the last Aeldari cronesword which is the life giver that the fallen will take from O'shova and deliver it to cypher in the imperial dungeon

I suppose. I am probably overthinking it, I haven't been able to play yet.

Literally no where else on the Internet are people claiming the designers let slip lion and angryron are next

Best daddy.

That's because nowhere on the internet is quite like Veeky Forums.

What are some good ideas for a name I could give my Thousand Sons thrallband? I'm giving my exalted sorcerers and stuff more bird themed accessories, possibly going to use a decent amount of Tzaangors and all that too so overall quite bird based. Also using the general color scheme.
I'm bad at naming and after running through some ideas thought all of mine were bad.

To be honest I really don't want them to update WE because then we'll be stuck with the cancer death guard got: overdesigned models with retarded names.

Naw, Macha will be brought in to pull a Yvraine and pull the Emperor's life support so Cawl can bring him back to life and then Macha can waifu the Emprah.

Am I an asshole for wanting to bring a leviathan, a xiphon and a stormraven or a single fellblade in a 2000 match ?

Does anybody know what kits have good, average sized bird heads? Im doing some heavy conversions on my Deldar and giving all my infantry wings, but the only good heads i can find are in the tzeentch herald on chariot box.

HQ Slaughter Killdie
Equipped with blood sprayers and deblooders

Except that's wrong, I remember reading it on another site back when NOVA was still happening.

A couple of people who attended the design studio seminars were the only ones to hear this so it's barely gotten out. But it has every likelihood of being true.

But Thousand Sons got really good looking cult troops and terminators, so who's not to say they might end up looking like that?

Also GW lazy reuse of CAD assets dictates the new WE stuff won't be that different from all the AoS Khorne stuff which outside of a few stinkers isn't that bad.

I was having really good conversation about old 40k fluff at my FLGS and was immediatly depressed again when someone came up to buy primarus and reminded me about all this shit.

>implying you don't want the new Coagulating Crimson Priests of Slaughter
>or the Rampaging Killmurder Crushbeasts TM
>don't forget Veiny Wound Lickers and Stabby Slice Cutters, only $60 for every model!

>Aos Khorne
>Thousand Sons
Sorry dude but I hated those two with a passion. The kind of chaos I like is the FW alternatives.