>my dragons have fur
>my dragons aren't evil by default
>my dragons have a society and culture
>my dragons are sometimes worshiped
>my dragons have an affinity with nature
>my dragons breed with mortals

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_grassland_whiptail_lizard
iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/dinosaur-legs-grown-genetically-modified-chickens-world-first/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Congratulations for making another thread in which you greentext statements that you disagree with in the original post, while posting an image that expresses disapproval at the statements you have posted.

Well done indeed.

/thread
We can go home now.

>my dragons females are larger then males
I guess that could work with some breeds, and flip it with others.
>my dragons are all female
Now thats just stupid.
>my dragons have two legs
Nah, I can't see that working. Now 4 or 6 legs...
>my dragons have feathers
Nope, reptiles, Though bonus points if they have bright frills.
>my dragons have fur
Nope.
Depends on setting, D&D, Pathfinder etc has good and neutral dragons. Though ones the Party encounters should as a rule, be antagonists and evil.
Doesn't fit the whole 'Solitary Apex Predator' thing the critters are associated with.
I could accept this by more primitive peoples. Almost as living avatars of natures wrath and power. Basically a living natural disaster
Again, setting dependant. Though I prefer dragons taking power from nature and giving nothing back. Selfish firelizards that they are.
Make it hyper rare and considered a horrific sin by most dragons. If a player has a draconic background, have any big bastard they encounter both instinctively know, and hate the player for it.

This is completely fine and is almost a trope

And every single one of those is correct.
Or do you just not know dragon lore at all?

It's typical in reptiles and birds of prey, so I don't see a problem with this.

Okaaay... I mean, they're magical creatures, so it's pretty easy to justify weird shit. This one all depends on the execution.

This actually makes more sense for an anatomical point of view, so I don't see a problem with it.

There are historical pictures where this is the case. Again, I'm not seeing a problem.

>my dragons have fur
This is a bit weirder, but I still don't have a problem with it.

In the world of RPGs, this is actually the normal way of things.

Depends on the execution, I'd say. Is there like a dragontown or something? Because that seems ridiculous.

Sure. They very powerful magical monsters. That's hardly surprising.

This isn't common, but I don't have an issue with it as long as it's well executed.

This is hardly unheard of RPGs.

Half of these are perfectly fine, and the other half could be if done well.

depends on the setting.
depends on the setting.
depends on the setting.
depends on the setting.
>my dragons have fur
depends on the setting.
depends on the setting.
depends on the setting.
depends on the setting.
depends on the setting.
depends on the setting.

Funny thing is that quite a few of these are a thing in my setting, mostly because I made so my dragons have different evolutionary origins.

For example conventional dragons (scales and four legs +wings) are evolutionary result of ancient kobolds, even if they don't like talking about that.

Feathered ones have two legs and are a bit bird like because they evolved from ancient birds.

Idea for ones with fur or fur and scales came from one of the Veeky Forums threads about dragon boobs, where someone explained how dragons could be mammals. These ones are wingless and younger ones have fur while older grow scales.

And each one can breed with some humanoid species (if they come from similar origin)

>>my dragons females are larger then males
If they have broods and the father fucks off to fuck more bitches, it'd make sense for the women to be huge and strong.
>>my dragons are all female
Questions about reproduction aside, this would explain why they're so large for protecting their broods.
>>my dragons have two legs
Wyverns?
>>my dragons have feathers
Feathers are kind of like scales. From memory, the same part that makes scales would instead be making feathers. That'd make them easier to kill because they have no scales. Benefit for adventurers, surely.

Or just call them phoenixes, because that's basically what they are.
>>my dragons have fur
If they have feathers, why would they need fur? I suppose if they're unable to fly like wurms or something, it'd make sense.
>>my dragons aren't evil by default
Well, according to the standard we usually result to on Veeky Forums, 3.5/pf, that would make sense, yes.
>>my dragons have a society and culture
As do most sapient beings.
>>my dragons are sometimes worshiped
There are wise men/chosen ones/shamans in all societies, it would only be sensible for it to happen sometimes.
>>my dragons have an affinity with nature
Usually air or fire, but you can make nature work if you want them to be ground based.
>>my dragons breed with mortals
I'd expect dragons to actually BE mortal, but also, consider the following: Some people have sexual attractions to animals without sentience, so it would only make sense for some dragons to breed with others outside of their race, especially if they're all female like your second point states. Perhaps be a rape based race, like orcs are in... one of the dnd eds. I think second.

Hell, I'd play with you at the helm.

Why does this trigger people? Dragons can have 2 legs, they've been depicted that way going back to the 12th century.
Wyverns are distinguished by their stinger not leg count.

By the way guys - dragons can have fur, we just need to talk about Asian dragons who have hair and some even have fur

/thread

>An animal species having a single gender is unrealistic
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_grassland_whiptail_lizard

>Nah, I can't see that working. Now 4 or 6 legs...
i mean you do need 2 legs to have 4 legs or 6

>Questions about reproduction aside, this would explain why they're so large for protecting their broods.
Dragons breed with captured human males

>I don't want to add anything to the discussion

I love how this thread gives me ideas for my setting (As I have not showed of dragons yet)

Thanks anons

"Depends on the setting" serves to undermine the discussion by pointing out that specifics are arbitrary and the discussion is irrelevant.

That's why it's perfect for this board, you people have the bad habit of starting new threads with inexplicable greentexts, so I feel that you need constant slaps upside the head to snap you out of it.

>not liking fluffy dark souls dragons

>dragon society consists of hunting zones and NAP

Then how are they larger than males?

>Nope, reptiles,
Have you heard of dinosaurs.

it was the only post worth having in the discussion

I have been thinking about having dragons that grow their entire life, but their body slowly stop working because of this. At some point their wings can't carry them any more so they walk, then when their legs can't support them they crawl. In the end their hearts can't pump blood to their entire body and they die.

What discussion? OP is making a bunch of statements without letting us know why he doesn't approve, only that he does. That's as far removed from a discussion as you can get.

why wouldn't dragon females be larger than males? they're likely to be the one that stays at home hoarding and raising kids

surely they need to be large enough to deal with haughty adventurers while the males, who likely hunt large animals for food, don't need to be quite so large to catch prey

sexual dimorphism like this is pretty common

Why the fuck do two-legged dragons trigger faggots so much? You are aware that there is no definition of dragon that requires it to have six fucking limbs, right? You are aware that even just in Europe -- hell even just in Medieval Europe -- two-legged or even wingless dragons were very much a thing, right? You are aware that fucking D&D of all goddamn things isn't the arbiter of what is and is not a dragon, right?

>"b-b-but muh wyverns"

Unironically kill yourself. Even if there's no risk of your autistic ass ever reproducing anyway, you'll be doing humanity a favor.

>not having dragons be wise and friendly... up to a certain point, of course, because why should they tolerate rudeness?

>You are aware that fucking D&D of all goddamn things isn't the arbiter of what is and is not a dragon, right?
Funny thing about that, the fucks who keep saying a wyvern isnt a dragon because of their ideas gotten from D&D are also wrong. D&D wyverns are explicitly dragons, possessing the dragon monster type and being listed under the dragon heading when looking them up online (at least for the PF SRD which is organized much more sensibly than the shit that is the 3.5 srd).

In fact many of the things they say aren't dragons such as drakes and wurms and all that shit are listed as dragons within the system. all possessing the dragon type.

Just because you enjoy bastardizing classic fantasy monsters for the sake of jerk off material because you're incapable of getting a real woman, doesn't mean everyone else does.

>Larger then males
What were they before?

My dragons aren't evil by default and they had society and culture and they are sometimes worshipped and they bred mortals into new races. They even have two legs, twice over! Come at me with your shit taste.

Name one animal which has feathers and isn't a reptile.

They're reptiles.Why would that not be the case already?
no real reason not. They're monsters, not people. Dragons and dragon eggs are the essential elements of mythology, and it could explain why they all look alike.
I don't care for the aesthetic, but sure.
same as above
>my dragons have fur
same as above
as long as you still give them motivations and characterization, sure. But since nigh-immortal treasure obsessed flesh-eating lizard monsters are going to have very different values and objectives from dirt farming villagers, from the human perspective, they'll still probably be antagonistic
hard pass. It's not impossible to do, but the likelihood that you've done an it well is deeply unlikely. Remember, immortal flesh eating lizards. If they have a culture, it should be entirely alien to human ones.
absolutely. If there are dragons in your setting, there should be dragon cultists.
what does this mean? what does this even mean?
Dare you enter my magical realm?

>This magical creature doesn't make sense

How terrible for you

>"Depends on the setting" serves to undermine the discussion by pointing out that the topic of the thread is variable and thus cannot be fully addressed in a single post
>That's why it's perfect for this board, you people have the bad habit of starting new threads with open-ended notions, so I feel that you need constant slaps upside the head until you stop having fun
Fixed that for you.

>be antagonists and evil
>all antagonists should be evil
I get that some parties prefer morality to be consistently black and white, but I don't agree that it should be the case as a rule. The dragons of Shadowrun make great antagonists.

>I mean, they're magical creatures, so it's pretty easy to justify weird shit.
There are lizards where this happens naturally, so it doesn't take magic. Just parthenogenesis.

>your fun is wrong
>everyone knows fantasy creatures must be the same across all mediums

>tfw no an-dracs near me
Feels bad man.

>telling people what to like and play is fun

You are sad

>talking about your opinions automatically entails telling people what they are allowed to like and play
You have no backbone, no guts, and thin skin. What's left?

Autist
Wyverns aren't true dragons

@55592077
Nice try but I don't give (you)s to autists

And here's the "True" Dragons.

You seem to be retarded; true dragons are a subset of dragons as well.

Don't worry, I do.

And here's an Imperial dragon, the Sovereign. All the other Imperials have the same body plan.

I don't see your problem, user. By your own evidence, Wyverns aren't true dragons.

Have you tried not playing D&D, or does your autism prevent you from playing anything less shit?

No one has disputed that they aren't True Dragons (which is a specific name for a type of dragon and thus capitalized). What everyone keeps saying is that wyverns arent dragons, which is wrong. Your attempt at moving the goalpost in such a blatant and stupid way is noted however.

Literally EVERY single Avian species on this planet.
Do they not teach the Classes of Vertabrate animals in school in America?

I don't even play DnD, I just find it funny how you countered yourself with your own posts.

Wyvern and True Dragons are both subsets of Dragons.
Wyvern are not True Dragons, which are the colloquial image of Dragons.

TL;DR: no user, you are the autists

9 times out of ten, when someone says (lowercase) dragon, they're talking about True Dragons.
Dragons include all of that, but if they wanted to talk about wyverns, they'd say wyvern.

In many ways birds are reptiles, in many ways our language isnt set up to properly handle the weirdness that evolution has begot. Crocodiles are the closest relative to the little birbs, and thats just fucking weird.

There are multiple anons here calling you autistic, I'm a different one. But you really should stop playing D&D. It's rotting your brain as evidenced by your posts.

>"True Dragon"
>Posts a Loong

Do they only teach classes in whatever shit country you were educated in? Aves is part of dinosauria, which shares Archisaurifomes with the crocodilids and extinct shit, which along with the tetsudines (turtles) and squamids (lizards and snakes) are reptiles.

>hurr durr 'Mericurr
Not says Americas are the smartest beings on the planet, but you look even dumber than them by making these stupid assumptions. Been seeing this kind of shit a lot on Veeky Forums recently.

Its a True Dragon, more specifically an Imperial, the Sovereign type.
Look here to clear up any confusion you may have

Are you old and didn't keep up with current accepted theories?

Birds came from lizards. These genes are still present in them and we've been activating them under experiments.

iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/dinosaur-legs-grown-genetically-modified-chickens-world-first/

Pleb.

Okay, I have no problem with any of this.

Euros do that a lot I notice. Ramble about Americans being dumb while posting something incredibly dumb.

$100 says that user's German.

>"I don't play DnD"
>you should stop playing DnD
GJ user.

Or Swedish, Australian, Italian, or Brazil

They love to shit post on burgers

Aves contains only endothermic organisms and is still considered a seperate class from Reptile.

There is debates about this in the academic circles but for the time being, Birds are still considered to be a seperate class rather then just a Reptile sub-class.

I'm an American and I think Americans are dumb too. I had college students who failed to work out 2.5*100 on a quiz I'm grading today.

Mind, that's not to say that Europeans aren't also dumb. But it's been years since I've taught in Europe so that's not as fresh in my mind.

>I don't play D&D I just derive all my knowledge of dragons from D&D and believe that any deviation from D&D is Doing It Wrong

>I had college students who failed to work out 2.5*100 on a quiz I'm grading today.
Was this remedial college algebra, and/or were they niggers?

>teach the controversy!
Nah. Regardless of how you rank things, aves is a sub-clade within reptilia.

>discussion is obviously about DnD dragons, which might as well be "generic fantasy dragons"
Context is important in every statement, user.

>My Dragons are all female
>And require human males to produce offspring

Right in the Magic realm!

Semantics, goal posts moved. You probably get mad about the Pluto reclassification

Even with debate, evidence is mounting that some dinosaurs had feathers. How would that exclude dragons, the magical beasts?

It's intro biology. They're not niggers, the blacks are some of the smarter ones since if they're stupid, they just don't go to college in the first place. Black culture readily accepts stupidity. It's mostly central/south asians that have this kind of terrible result.

What makes these kinds of dragons more "true" than other kinds of dragons?

>Now thats just stupid.
Actually this could make sense. There are all-female reptile species where the species self-fertilizes. The problem is that they're more vulnerable to rapid changes.

>They're not niggers, the blacks are some of the smarter ones since if they're stupid, they just don't go to college in the first place
What wonderful place is this?

I'm so sorry user

I took that class while in high school at a college because I wanted to pass without homework. I was 15 teaching 20 year olds the concepts meiosis and plant cell structure

Aryan dragon genes

Funny, these days two-legged dragons are actually more common in modern fiction. There is no basis for the "hurr 2 legs mean wyvern wyverns aren't real dragons" other than D&D (in which they are in fact still dragons)

Closeness in power to the Primordial Serpent Apsu, the progenitor of everything (at least that's what the "True" Dragons say). Or it's just a silly classification the various dragons like that have imposed on the world because they are arrogant and have a lot of power.

They're in Eudraconidae.

>"hurr 2 legs mean wyvern wyverns aren't real dragons"
aren't true* dragons

Fixed that for you, user.

That's literally only a thing in D&D (which is shit).

Central California.

My students know that plant cells have a wall and chloroplasts. That's about as much as I can ask.

D&D
D&D
D&D

>larger females
>two legs
>fur
>aren't evil
>are sometimes worshiped
>affinity with nature

So Pterosaurs?

Autism

Literally no one says such a thing. You're trying to move the goalposts of what makes a dragon a dragon, and using a D&D style classification. In The real world myths of dragons, the 4 legged, two winged fire breathing dragon would be more accurately called the Welsh dragon since that's its originating culture. Gorynych dragons, a three headed variety of Welsh dragon, come from slavic lands.

Says the kid with the autistic obsession with D&D dragons.

Who worships pterosaurs?

Where do you think Chinese dragon myths came from?

Autism

China?

Personifications of rivers and their flooding and attaching imagery of snakes and other animals native to the region.

Pathfinder. What do you expect?

sexual dimorphism is a thing.
technically speaking, your dragons have /no/ gender. The term 'Female' is generally indicative of a gender pair "male/ female" that reproduces sexually, through fertilization of gametes. However, if ALL the dragons in your setting are "female", then sexual (binary) reproduction is impossible. Since they cannot participate in a two-party reproductive cycle, they are now asexual. Did you just assume your dragon's gender?!?!
Those are wyverns.
That's a Couatl. Couatl aren't dragons. Or I don't think they are.
>my dragons have fur
Stop.
uhhh, okay?
setting dependent, I suppose.
>my dragons are sometimes worshipped
people will worship anything.
okay?
That's always seemed dumb to me, but to each their own.

>>my dragons females are larger then males
They're egg-laying, right? That's kinda necessary.

>>my dragons are all female
if they're mono-gender is that really a gender?

>>my dragons have two legs
Yes. They usually have two more though.

>>my dragons have feathers
Feathers are legit.

>>my dragons have fur
Okay, now you're going too far.

>>my dragons aren't evil by default
Chromatics are.

>>my dragons have a society and culture
I mean, they're intelligent, right?

>>my dragons are sometimes worshiped
Who wouldn't impersonate god if they could? THat's a great way to build your hoard, assuming it's not a setting where god will personally smite you.

>>my dragons have an affinity with nature
I mean... the ones with druid levels...

>>my dragons breed with mortals
You bet your ass.

>implying that mythical beasts conform to real biological groupings