I need a good CYOA.

post oc
please

reposting OC

still looking for build to use as companions btw

Will this bring my baby back

idk, maybe- do i look like a doctor?

Third page when

So, copycat basically just makes us taskmaster?

now, its still got some stuff left but the lore is there

yes

My OCD is tingling. It's hard to me to make builds.

whats triggering you?

My obsessive compulsive disorder. It must be the perfect build.

>perfect build
no such thing

git gud

Neat. I haven't see that one.

>git gud
>implying
i can make the best builds

of course you offer no proof, because you cant

Celsus Venenum

>Your Path
The Darker Path, with shades of No Past, Strange Land (90)

>New Me
Human
Me, but more fit

>Starting Location
Beacon Academy

>Semblance
Smoke & Mirrors

>Gifts
Trickster’s Guile (70)
Endless Energy (50)
Unrivaled Agility (30)
Unwavering Precision (10)
Paragon of Beauty (0)

>Talents
Infiltrator (-30)
Tracker (-60)

>Drawbacks
Fated (-20)
Aggro Magnet (0)

>Weapons
Blades of Corvus- Combination, Masterwork, Stylish Sword that splits into two knives (550)
Tenebrous Sting- Ranged Weapon, Masterwork Sniper Rifle with Weight Enhancement and Dust Compatibility (100)

>Miscellaneous
Armor (0)

Might need to redo these names, bit too edgy

the weapon names are cool, not sure if name follows color rule but i guess it evokes poison and poison=green

I really don't care about RWBY at all, but this looks like a decent cyoa so i'll play.

No past, Strange land
15yo Human Female (Pic related)
Beacon Academy: Vale
Wraith

>Gifts
Paragon of Beauty (-10)
Unrivaled Agility (-20)
Trickster's Guile (-20)
Unwavering Precision (-20)

>Talents
Infiltrator (-30)

>Weapons
Dagger (-100)
Pistol (-200)
Masterwork for both (-200)
Stylish for both (-100)

>Misc
Grappling hook (-100)
Survival Gear (-50)
5 outfits (-50)
Auto-Targeter (-200)

I'm not really going to be bad or good but I am definitely going to be a big fat thief. I like to take shiny valuable things. I don't want to kill others or necessarily make them miserable, and I also will still help people in need, I just like to be able to take what I want from where and whomever I want to.

>I really don't care about RWBY at all, but this looks like a decent cyoa so i'll play.
thanks man

Here's mine again. I'm still contemplating what I'll do for my next CYOA; I've moved a step backwards even. I can't seem to make it feel like I want it to so I'll try to make something that feels right, no matter how long it takes.

I don't want to waste my time on something I don't think is quality, so I guess I'm on hiatus for now.

I might dredge up one of the underdeveloped ideas I thought of during creation of this CYOA, but I don't know if I really want to spend time on those, either.

I don't want this CYOA, i want merc CYOA even if it's bad.

Is RWBY something good to watch? I keep crossing paths with its fanbase, but I'm never inclined to actually take a gander.

It's not 'good', but I find it enjoyable despite that.

its a short and sweet ride, but its nothing special

its fun at times and tropey at others

give it a shot if you have time

There's so much better shit floating around in the world right now that I can recommend things that are new to you and also more worth your time than RWBY is no matter your general preferences.

Take your time. It's important to not force things out. I'll look forward to whatever comes out whenever.

>Is RWBY something good to watch?

Feeling nostalgic for 2003? Your answer here will determine if you'll enjoy RWBY or not.

What's it even about

Something to do with red, white, black and yellow.

I was actually thinking of a weeb plague doctor thing with some of the edge taken off. Black and green color scheme, evoking crows and a more stylish plague doctor style look when fighting. As the character would be following the Dark Path, at least at first, I imagine they’d don the plague doctor/crow outfit when doing villainous things, but play the part of a lovable rogue when pretending to be a normal student.

Nice little mystery arc, bit of Vader Syndrome when he helps out the heroes, eventual redemption arc when the memories of his past life fully return

A sad attempt by a delusional man he could make an animu without any real talent.

monster hunter high school- cute girls edition

World with some modern tech, some future tech, and Not-Magic beset by monsters to the point there are only four major cities on the entire planet.

It focuses on four characters who are training to be hunters of those monsters, along with several conspiracies running in the background.

Kids go to school to learn to be hunters in a post-apocalyptic world, so when they grow up they help defend the cities mankind still lives in. Full of silly shit and clearly inspired by anime, though there's an obvious lack of care given in the presentation if you're the kind of autist that pays close attention to everything you see in whatever you're watching. Tons of continuity errors, but mostly little shit like changed clothes, teleporting positions, moved or disappearing coffee mugs, etc.

Then the original creator died and it kept being made for reasons.

Posting readjusted build.

Starting point:
>The Darker Path (-90)
>Haven Academy: Mistral
>Human
>Aura
>Blank State: Battle Meditation
By manipulating the aura inside his body and mastering the fundamentals, he managed to properly control his aura essence and boosting the effect further onto his overall battle prowess - power, speed, and thought, while simultaneously reducing the opposition's combat-effectiveness by eroding their will through aura pressure and intimidation.

This can only be achieved by spending couple of hours every day meditating. Every single day of missed meditating will decrease the culmination potency.

Gifts and Skills 100-10+40
>Aura of Fear -120
>Beacon of Ferocity -110
>Boundless Strength -90
>Endless Energy -70
>Bastion of Will -60
>Unrivaled Agility -40
>Beacon of Hope -30
>Blademaster 0
Mastering martial art and changing his whole body into a weapon

Weapon
>Custom -500
A full cybernetic body modded thoroughly, from hair to toes:
>Compound eyes - A bug eyes tech, having fewer blind spots, greater intensity, and capability to view capture enemy's movement in more than 100 frame per second
>Fizziroy body tech capable to accelerate muscle and internal fluid shift at extreme pace that the owner could reach a supersonic state without moving --- Provided the brain could maintain and control such superimposed state without destroying itself.
>Brain chips - Capable to store braindata and memory, with a little spec in memory enhancement. (A back up in case your head gets blown off).

Upgrades
>Masterwork -600
>Weight Enhancement -650
>Dust Compatability -750

Misc.
>Motor Bike -1050
>Survival Gear -1100
>Armor -1200

Drawbacks
>Fated +40 point
>Aggro Magnet +200 point

What is the essential quality of a true warrior?

Oh, and everyone uses a melee weapon. Their melee weapons are also guns.

Good ideas, poor execution: the show

On paper, it doesn’t sound bad, but holy shit is the actual quality of the show low. It’s kept afloat by people with low standards and one of the most pathetic, dicksucking companies on the internet

>Guns
Point of order, one has a hammer that is a grenade launcher, not a gun.

Fine, all melee weapons are also firearms of some type. Happy?

Hmm, so a gun and a blade makes a kid...

So it become a gun that shoots blade?

It becomes a blade that shoots gun

Take a look at Quicksilver in See the scythe she's holding? It turns into a sniper rifle.

Not quite. The main character uses a Scythe, that can transform into a sniper rifle.
Another character has a Sword, that can turn into a Javelin, that can turn into a rifle.
Another has a bo-staff that can turn into nun-chucks, that are also pistols.

>By manipulating the aura inside his body and mastering the fundamentals, he managed to properly control his aura essence and boosting the effect further onto his overall battle prowess - power, speed, and thought, while simultaneously reducing the opposition's combat-effectiveness by eroding their will through aura pressure and intimidation.

your semblance is still overloaded AF- it can either boost your stats, your brains, or nerf opponents- not all three

and your weapon is still too much, custom means A weapon, you would get one part of that suit- not a full cybernetic body

There comes a point where the anti-fandom becomes as bad as, or worse than, the fiction they focus on. There's enough information here for people to decide whether or not they want RWBY in their lives, so let's not start a thread-death-spiral early and just move on with our CYOAs

>Tempted to make a CYOA
>To lazy to make something complicated or good
>Autism hasn't reached that point yet
>Daydream about the same CYOA's everyday

I just want out

...Really? I'm only seeing civil talk thus far.

Reposting build

100/100

>Name;Redmond Burke
>Born Hunter
>Human, Age 17
>Beacon Academy:Vale
>Blank Slate:It's a Secret

>Beacon of Hope
>Bastion of Will
>Exemplar of Intelligence
>Engineer
>Bladesmaster

1000/1000

>Combination Weapon: Bastard Sword/Bow
>Dust Compatability
>Masterwork
>Stylish
>Weight Enhancement
>Armor
>Dust Stockx4
>Survival Gear
>Outfitx5

>Aggro Magnet:20 points
>Boundless Energy

Short version of the fluff:Redmond wants to be a hero and help people, and he tinkers with things as a hobby. He may more may not have an outright hero complex.

Same. I wanna make a Geneforge CYOA. But I just can't work up the energy, nor the creative effort.

Will there be a 'become the Grimm' option?

>buys lots of clothes but wears only two outfits
This is surprisingly canon for Marisa, GJ. DLC when? Cause without something to change my mind I'm taking Mima.

You shouldn't be so sensitive. Someone asked about the show, people who have seen it answered the first user's question. More questions, more answers.

I've seen it, I liked it, but I admit it's shit. Am I a fan you have an issue with, or an anti-fan you have an issue with, or just one autist describing shit to other autists?

>implying
Monty was a fucking god at fight scenes, user, and that was basically the whole justification for the series.

no, and you should feel bad for asking

maybe, if i see a reason to include it and feel like it- but dont hold your breath

>that was basically the whole justification for the series.

The music is pretty good too.

>Daydream about the same CYOA's everyday

I make cyoas but consider daydreaming about cyoas more autistic. Get help

Jeez, keep nerfing me huh.

>your semblance is still overloaded AF- it can either boost your stats, your brains, or nerf opponents- not all three
But its weird. The description of aura on basic level said to be able to enhance ones ((physical abilities)) such as strength, speed ((and)) healing. It implied enhancement of multiple benefits. As an advanced practitioner, why can't I apply the same effect and expanded it even further by affecting the enemy?

>and your weapon is still too much, custom means A weapon, you would get one part of that suit- not a full cybernetic body
Why can't I order all human limbs, including head, and attach them all, while having surgeon to reattach my brain into the new body?
Like Tony wearing Iron man suit, but this time my character become the literal Iron Man.
An extreme measures that I am willing to pay.

Thinking about working on a new CYOA soon chaps.

Anything people are particularly looking for at the mo? Haven't had my finger on the pulse these past few months. Been "busy"

...I guess I did overreact. I was worried the junkposts at the end of last thread were spilling over into the new one and I hoped I could head them off early. I've got no opinion on the show, honestly, but it looked like it might carve out a significant portion of the thread's discussion.

I want a CYOA about bug extermination.

Burn them all.

That's bug breeding, not extermination.

>Why can't I order all human limbs, including head, and attach them all, while having surgeon to reattach my brain into the new body?
not as custom, that would be multiple Prosthetic weapons

also the whole "cyber mind" thing

>why can't I apply the same effect and expanded it even further by affecting the enemy?
because semblances do a thing, not multiple things

>I was worried the junkposts at the end of last thread were spilling over into the new one and I hoped I could head them off early.

A noble gesture, but we're a little more civilized than that. Shitposting only starts in force at the end of a thread.

Don't tell me when or when not to shitpost.

No Past, Strange Land

17 year old male leopard faunus
Ears + Tail + Eyes

Beacon Academy: Vale

Force of Nature - Fire

Beacon of Ferocity (90)
Bastion of Will (80)
Boundless Strength (60)

Tactician (30)
Blademaster (0)

Combination (700)
>Battle Axe + Assault Rifle
Weight Enhancement (650)
Collapsible (600)
Masterwork (500)
Stylish (450)

Armour (350)
Motorbike (50)
Outfit x5 (0)

What do you need in a build to be a companion?

I said in force, user. People will shitpost when people want to shitpost, but many of us wait until the thread is dying to go ham.

preferably an idea of the character

Why does Grimoire cost 3 while Summoning Ritual cost 10? Grimoire is far more powerful than an other choice

Kind of want to do a Krieg build.

"Like you, he doesn't really know where he is or why he's here. However, for someone that's been plucked from his own world and dropped into another, he's taking it rather well. Reveling in his newfound strength, he's become a little overconfident. Impulsive and stubborn are two words that are often brought up when people talk about him. He has a good heart, though, and is loyal to a fault--he's liable to put himself in danger for the sake of someone else"

That any good?

>Krieg
as in the guard?

ye

maybe a picture if youre feeling nice

>because semblances do a thing, not multiple things
Basic aura: Enhanced (physical abilities)) such as strength, speed ((and)) healing.
My Semblance: Advanced aura; Basic aura effect + Effect on enemy.
Besides, aren't you the one who said what makes soul stronger is by training and experience in the past thread? The meditation every day is what boosting the basic soul effect. My semblance then only add the extra effect on enemy.

>not as custom, that would be multiple Prosthetic weapons
>also the whole "cyber mind" thing
Alright, my body can't change into a cyborg without purchasing multiple prosthetic.

Then I change it into one whole iron man suit, minus the Brain Chip.

anybody have the super soldier cyoa the one where you have to deterimine your sutability or something

Born Hunter

Male, Faunus, 17, Ram horns and eys
Shade Academy:Vacuo

Juggernaut, grows stronger over time variant

Bastion of Will(80)
Beacon of Ferocity(70)
Boundless Strength(50)
Endless Energy(30)

Bladesmaster(0)

Melee:Big fucking warhammer(900)
Dust Compatability(800)
Weight Enhancement(750)
Collapsible(700)
Masterwork(600)

Survival Gear(550)
Dust Stockx3(400)
Motorbike(100)
Outfitx10(0)

He's big, he's blunt, he's very straight forward, and he'll smash down anything in his way. Harkin is like a god damn truck barreling down on you, and he's as likely to headbutt you with his horns as he is to hit you with his hammer.

Light hearted and quick to laugh, he's content to just laze about when a fight isn't going on. But in a fight the man will just enjoy the fight, having fun just smashing people or grimm into the dirt.

so why didnt you just say "my semblance attacks the enemies will" ?

>iron man suit
A. buy armor if you want armor
B. waaaaaay too many different gadgets and doodads and weapons

Krieg as in the Psycho from Borderlands
youtube.com/watch?v=h3mhWvWEb9g

Last thread we were talking about a eldritch roommates cyoa.

Quite some time ago you dropped some hints about the Zero Point Reactor's strangeness. My best guess is that it derives energy from the edge of a vacuum as it collapses into a newer, more stable set of physics. Dark energy could expand space around the edge of the collapse just faster than c to keep it contained.

Oh now that shit is right up my fucking alley. I'll read through the old thread...

at some point.

RWBY CYOA

Name: Jellon Marlamade

Path:
No Past, Strange Land

The New You:
18 years, male, fit lion faunus (Lion ears and mane.)

Starting Location:
Shade Academy, Vacuo

Semblance:
Force of Nature: Gravity

Gifts:
Beacon of Ferocity (10)
Bastion of Will (20)
Aura of Fear (30)
Boundless Strength (50)
Unrivalled Agility (70)
Endless Energy (90)

Talents:
Blademaster (120)

Weapons:
Melee Zweihander (100), Dust Compatability (100), Weight Enhancement (50), Masterwork (100), Stylish (50)

Misc Items:
Armor (100)
Survival Gear (50)
Dust Stock x3 (150)
Motorbike (300)

Drawbacks:
Aggro Magnet (+20 Points)

More or less dedicated swordsman character. Other choice for Semblance could be something that allows ranged combat because I didn't get any ranged options for this character.

look forward to it, sounds cool

Because of the basic aura + meditation effect? It needs to be addressed, especially after the last thread discussion about aura, soul, what makes soul stronger, and semblance.

>B. waaaaaay too many different gadgets and doodads and weapons
Then I will change to nanomachine suit that gives physical boost.

Ahhhh!

Clever chap. Really into false vaccum hypothesis at the time. The "containment" utilizes a ...large quantity of phlebtonium, and a ...liberal understanding of physics to create a weird sort of parabolic time chamber complete with, as you said, some sort of dark energy fuckery. Why did the directorate give you that engine? Not sure.

Considering how to handle being put in a certain position or considering how the available options would effect your life is the whole point of a CYOA in my opinion.
When making one I usually spend hours thinking of the implications of the various options and try to imagine what others would pick and what results their choices would have, and then adjust the options thereafter.
Theoretically you could get a lot of millage out a CYOA without even a single option; it could just be something basic as fuck like: 'You're back in time to 1770s Britain what do you do?'

if you want a weapon that boosts your stats just buy a prosthetic or two

>basic aura + meditation effect?
well if the sembalnces effect is the debuff, then it would be "meditation+debuff"

I have no idea about RWBY but the cyoa seems fun.

>Path
No past strange land

>New you
15 year old faunus female

>Starting location
Haven academy: Mistral

>Semblance
Blank slate

>Gifts
Paragon of beauty
Beacon of hope
Exemplar of intelligence
Trickster's guile
Unrivalled agility

>Talents
Blademaster

>Weapon
Melee (Glaive)
Dust compatibility
Weight reduction
Masterwork
Stylish

>Misc
Outfit (x5)
Parachute and landing gear
Grappling hook
Survival gear
Dust stock(x6)

A lazy girl very likely to procastinate and bullshit its way to not do work, however she is very dedicated on the things that interest her showing a surprising amount of entusiasm. Kinda childish and likes sweets. she is also a cute In combat abuses the use of dust and the lightness of her weapon to dispatch foes quickly.

so.many.faunus!