Magic Story: Fluid Druids edition

We get some information about this set's merfolk and their personal antagonist. What do you think? Are the river heralds interesting?

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/shapers-2017-09-27

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yCyj0Or4Fw4
mtg.gamepedia.com/Portal:Story
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So we're probably going to get Kumena in Rivals, along with Angrath and maybe another Sun Empire human.
Thing is, Kumena doesn't seem overly blue OR green.

He feels dimir to me.

He's more blue than green so we're probably getting him as mono-blue.

Its kind of lost in how evil he is being portrayed as, but his core drive is that others are upending the status quo of Ixalan which the merfolk hate (can be green), so he realizes they should be the ones to change their ideals and sieze the city first (can be blue). Also plwer set dictates your colors as well

He could be Temur to be honest

I'm crossing my fingers for Kumena to team up with some of the Legion of Dusk and become a GW Merfolk Vampire planeswalker.

Score so far.
River Heralds 3-0
Sun Empire 2-1
Brazen Coalition 1-2
Legion of Dusk 0-3
Kumena is carrying fish men.
Also Dusk victory when?

Wait, what?

All I can count so far as is:
>A Question of Confidence
Sun Empire beats Legion of Dusk, Sun Empire beats Brazen Coalition.
>The Talented Captain Vraska
Brazen Coalition beats Legion of Dusk.
>The Shapers
River Heralds beat Sun Empire, River Heralds beat Brazen Coalition.

All I'm counting so far is:
>River Heralds 2-0
>Sun Empire 2-1
>Brazen Coalition 1-2
>Legion of Dusk 0-2

I'm missing the third victory for the River Heralds and the third defeat for the Legion of Dusk.

Right I'm still confused about something from the Shapers....
Did the Vampire Kumena capture turn into a sun warrior halfway through the story.

Wait never mind....
has the right count.

Story was kinda boring but kopala and tishana are more interesting characters than i thought

Herald theme
youtu.be/yCyj0Or4Fw4

Is there any place I can read a summary of the MtG "lore"? I looked on the website and it appeared to be just some amateur short story bullshit, and while I don't want to read some dumb bitch's dumb writing, I would like to know what's going on in the planes.

Google.

mtg.gamepedia.com/Portal:Story

This is the best I could find, honestly there really isn't a good summary of current story.

I recommned just trying to read from the beginning of the magic origins set.

I'm just happy that we are getting a villain who isn't in black again.

Simic cares about progress, so I guess it's a case of momir vig, where Kumena wants to push things forward, the way he thinks it should go.

But the Villain in Theros was W and R/G, Tarkir was open for interpretation since really all the dragonlords are evil, some more than others, BFZ was colorless, SOI was W/R and colorless, Kaladesh was W, U, and U/B and Amonkhet was U/B/R

Emrakul was just as much a victim as the planar inhabitants.

Tldr of this story? Doesn't seem like anyone was interested

Just read it yourself, it's actually an interesting first person view of the merfolk mindset, but not much actually happens, beyond Kumena being angry no one else wants to take El Dorado, causing him to punch his granny mentor.

Kumena is the logical conclusion of putting blue in charge of guarding a pandoras box.

I think Orazca is a weapon that can wipe the plane of all planewalkers and creatures. Someone like Kumena might use it to cleanse the world to save nature.

>The visions haunt me. I see the end of the world, brought on by the search for the Immortal Sun.
—Shaper Pashona

>GW
those are the last two colours he would be, character-wise

I want Fish Granny to whisper dirty things with her thunder voice while stroking my cock

Yeah that seems about right.

Are we getting another "everything is ruined" part 2 of a set?

I thought the writing was surprisingly good this week. You can see the depth of the world building, and the merfolk's natural connection to the land was handled much better than Nissa's has ever been.

That said, not enough waifuable fish grills, 0/10, dropped.

>waifuable fish grills
Will Kiora be the last sexualised depiction of a female character in Magic history?

The way I've read it, they hint a lot that he's part red.

Simic is not so much progress as it is advancing natural life.

The return of the Golgothian Sylex. Make it happen Wizards.

I think it's going to be more of a 'PREVENT everything from being ruined' set, personally.
Dragon's Maze Part Two, this time without Jace getting a shitty job that sounds like it's some cool powerup.

Liliana's still around, isn't she? Can't think of anyone more sexualised than her.

She's more covered up since SOI

I wonder how the Legion plans to cure their thirst with a wmd.
I thought the Immortal Sun was taken from them? Have they been lied to or did they all forget about it or what?

He might have a point though - I've seen/tg complain about Liliana's representation on multiple occasions with recent releases.
Wizards is moving away form the Argyle aesthetic, wether that's towards less.or just more subtle sex appeal is up.for debate I guess.

All female characters except for those which are purposefully meant to have sex appeal as a part of their character are now far more clothed. I honestly don't mind that much but it's something obvious that most people are able to see.

It must have been quite a while since their shit was stolen. It makes you wonder why they didn't do something about it right away instead of waiting for a few generations.

Mustering the resources to launch an invasion of another continent takes time.

I think he's Izzet.
Impatient, irreverent towards nature, unstable.

They should have realized that their magic macguffin was stolen as soon as it was happening. It shouldn't be too hard to intercept them as they were heading home.

Unless the Merfolk did it and swam underwater or some shit, or they had to work around the not crossing running water bit.

Currently, it's a gigantic plot hole. Either all shall be revealed in Rivals of Ixalan or it will remain a gigantic plot hole.

I'm thinking Gruul, he wants to preserve their way of life and use any force necessary to do so. He doesn't seem very reactive and does not really care about past knowledge, which is pretty non blue.

Fun fact, the past is specifically the domain of green. Blue cares primarily about the future. The act of using the power of an artifact you are meant to protect in order to ensure that no one will pursue the artifact ever again is perfectly blue.

That is super gay and dumb

Based Kumena

Indeed, thefore its going to happen for sure.

Stupid asshole fish and his flip floppy colors that are just not blue/green regardless of what color or combo it is.

obviously he is going to be the next UR planeswalker

His actions can be interpreted as UG. Being blue and being green and being UG can manifest in different ways that don't always much other aspects of the colors. Simic, the quintessential representation of UG in magic for example, are actively described as experimenting with reckless abandon. Someone cited this guy's having that trait as something making him not UG. Making moves that appear to forsake established norms is exactly one aspect of the UG conflict. And the motivation for taking this tradition-breaking action is that others threaten to ruin their way of life and world with their behavior, which can certainly be a green motivation.